XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
August price drops are available on the 360 dashboard already as someone posted them earlier, but also add Gatling Gears for 800 MSP. Rock band sale? Yessss! Oh wait, nevermind i've got most of the good stuff. Not a bon jovi fan & don't care much for queen.

[quote name='Dustinator']I really want Pigsy's Perfect Ten to go on sale, but as time passes I wonder if it will. It depends on many things, if the publisher wants MS to discount it, MS wants to drop it, etc.

I dunno. Just speculating is all I'm doin. Now I forsee the pinball fx2 tables going on sale sometime in the future because fx1 was on sale before.[/QUOTE]

Historically Bandai/Namco and Tecmo/Koei stuff doesn't seem to drop or go on sale (Katamari, Tales, Eternal Sonata, DW: Gundam, nevermind the Samurai Warriors 2 XL DLC).

Maybe it will, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Another Rock Band related sale? Man, I've been saving so much money lately on XBLA. Oh well. Great time to work on my huge backlog of XBLA games.

[quote name='intoxicated662']August price drops are available on the 360 dashboard already as someone posted them earlier, but also add Gatling Gears for 800 MSP. Rock band sale? Yessss![/QUOTE]

Gattling Gears actually dropped last month.

[quote name='lordopus99']I would probably consider Bon Jovi as well if I hadn't already bought a couple tracks from it and already own the non-RB3 versions of a few tracks. Plus I already own 2 of the other track packs.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. All the previous sales, and even all the other items in this sale, have been for the older DLC. So I went ahead and bought two or three of the new Bon Jovi tracks with keys and harmonies, figuring they were unlikely to go on sale. So now, of course, they do. Oh, well. I wish they'd also discount the individual tracks when they do these deals, but I understand why they don't.

been getting back into rock band lately but I don't think I'll be tempted by any of these. Queen would of been a maybe but it sounds like it's a bad choice with the RB3 versions available.

Nothing. Even if you were one of those rather sad people whose only musical talent is generated from plastic instruments and a sound capsule highway, I can't see how 25-30% off a few songs is even a good deal. $5 instead of $7 for four shitty Gaga songs? No thanks. Now, if it were DragonForce or Nitro, and you got at least 8 songs, it would be a little more understandable...

According to Major Nelson, next weeks deals are 33% off some Xbox Originals. Link here: http://mjr.mn/ofZr1h

Wow. Guess we were right when we said MS may not want to distract from Summer of Arcade with any decent DOTWs.

Another craptastic week for XBLA "sales". I'm starting to not like this Summer of Arcade nonsense. Oh well. I'll be buying Fruit Ninja Kinect, but I could do without the lack of good deals.

[quote name='Gnort']According to Major Nelson, next weeks deals are 33% off some Xbox Originals. Link here: http://mjr.mn/ofZr1h

Wow. Guess we were right when we said MS may not want to distract from Summer of Arcade with any decent DOTWs.[/QUOTE]

If they're going to do this they should include Psychonauts! Fable, Black, Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex, Legend of Spyro: The New Beginning - all for 800 each. Ugh. Guess I'll be saving my points NEXT week as well.

I wouldn't mind playing through the first Fable but I got a copy on Ebay some time ago and it crashed my 360 in the starting town after I played for anhour but before I saved. I got mad and resold the disk and I really doubt I will give it a second chance. Certainly not with no achievements and shit graphics.

[quote name='SporkWielder']Really wish they'd just do a big Rock Band/Guitar Hero sale like they did last summer instead of just a few packs.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. Bring back Liveapalooza!! 100+ Rock Band tracks on sale and they don't interfere with the Deal of the Week. More options for people and less complaining/bitching from others.

Next week's xbox originals sales are disappointing too. Bummer....more money saved I gues

[quote name='Blade']Nothing. Even if you were one of those rather sad people whose only musical talent is generated from plastic instruments and a sound capsule highway, I can't see how 25-30% off a few songs is even a good deal. $5 instead of $7 for four shitty Gaga songs? No thanks. Now, if it were DragonForce or Nitro, and you got at least 8 songs, it would be a little more understandable...[/QUOTE]

You have an anime avatar, but you think people who enjoy Rock Band are sad?

[quote name='Gnort']According to Major Nelson, next weeks deals are 33% off some Xbox Originals. Link here: http://mjr.mn/ofZr1h

Wow. Guess we were right when we said MS may not want to distract from Summer of Arcade with any decent DOTWs.[/QUOTE]

Since they're on a run of sales that have a number of people griping, I was hoping for a Game Room sale. Number of games there I'd picked up if they were marked down.

[quote name='gordojones88']The whining and complaining in this thread, I could do without.[/QUOTE]

The OP is updated frequently so problem solved. No need to read any of the posts and all the "whining" as you put it.

[quote name='trent82']You have an anime avatar, but you think people who enjoy Rock Band are sad?[/QUOTE]
He is like many whiners here. Like the guy who made made the first post on page 385. Sounds like my 6 year old niece when she doesn't get her way.

Everyone has an opinion, but it's pretty obvious MS isn't pleasing a good amount in the community with these "deals" during summer of arcade. Very specific and lacking Beyone Good & Evil HD for 400 points ;)

What the hell??? They've really been cheaping out on the Rock Band deals recently. Whenever DLC went on sale before it was always 50-60% off. Now it's only 25-30%, even for stuff that has been on sale for half-off before.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']how is black light?[/QUOTE]

It's OK. I recommend the demo to see if it's your thing. Seems like a lot of experts on there who will kill you within 10 seconds of a spawn. I bought it it the last time it was on sale, but for online shooters, I still stick with Halo or Black Ops.

[quote name='gordojones88']The whining and complaining in this thread, I could do without.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Sometimes I skim over legit info because of it

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah. Sometimes I skim over legit info because of it[/QUOTE]

Alright, I'll interrupt my whining for some legit info, then:

The whole Bon Jovi Pack is RB3 only. The RB3 next to some of the tracks indicates that they are tracks from the previous RB games that are now enhanced for RB3.

[quote name='vamn']Alright, I'll interrupt my whining for some legit info, then:

The whole Bon Jovi Pack is RB3 only. The RB3 next to some of the tracks indicates that they are tracks from the previous RB games that are now enhanced for RB3.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll change the note

[quote name='GamerDude316']Nothing for me this week. Any idea if the Halo Reach maps will go on sale at all again soon? Bummed I missed that deal.[/QUOTE]
Well, the first Halo Reach map pack went on sale 3-4 months ago. A few weeks ago it was both the map packs. My guess is that they'll go on sale again soon, maybe 3 months earliest. Around the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years sales.

These are 1st party map packs for MS so there is no doubt that they'll go on sale again. Just depends if if you want to wait 3+ months to save $5 or buy em now

[quote name='Dustinator']Well, the first Halo Reach map pack went on sale 3-4 months ago. A few weeks ago it was both the map packs. My guess is that they'll go on sale again soon, maybe 3 months earliest. Around the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Years sales.

These are 1st party map packs for MS so there is no doubt that they'll go on sale again. Just depends if if you want to wait 3+ months to save $5 or buy em now[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a holiday sale would make sense. Probably in November before the Halo Anniversary comes out. I just have a problem spending $20 on 6 maps, so I'll wait it out.

why not discount something other than music games a small percentage of people play. like i dont know left 4 dead 2 dlc or pinball fx 2 or something... or even some old xbox arcade games that are so old they may be delisted ...... i never went to business school but im sure i could run a more broad sale and get people to drop cash like nobodys business.

Seems a lot of people are quick to forget the days where deal of the week meant one single avatar item or one single DLC from a 2 year old game nobody played anymore. Just be thankful we actually get legitimate deals nowadays. Sure there's still going to be a dud week here and there, but overall there have been some really good discounts over the last year. MS isn't going to risk taking sales away from it's "exclusive" lineup so things should pick up after SoA ends.

In all seriousness I feel like the last few DotWs were planned during the PSN outage with a kind of "they'll have no choice" attitude. :\

You'd think on a week where the arcade game is only for people with a peripheral they'd have the sense not to run a series of deals only for people with a different peripheral.

[quote name='Rollobobo']but at this point I just welcome any XBLA discounts.[/QUOTE]

You say that now, but just wait until we get a week of RISK: Factions, Zombie Apocalypse and Sonic 4 (at the same prices they were the last over 9000 times they went on sale).

[quote name='victimsofadown']In all seriousness I feel like the last few DotWs were planned during the PSN outage with a kind of "they'll have no choice" attitude. :\[/QUOTE]

These deals, as with the PSN outage deals, do smell like DotW filler designed specifically to keep Gold Members from claiming there wasn't a deal of the weak while still not giving up any profit. The summer of arcade is an an annual joke; a lame attempt to get consumers to buy games that are available elsewhere (or soon will be) from Microsoft at full price by adding a fancy name and a bad deal. Bastion and From Dust are available on Steam, and Fruit Ninja is available everywhere and cheaper.

There is nothing wrong with buying any of these titles on XBLA, but doing so is not a deal and should not take away from the deal of the week which is the primary reasons I paid for a gold membership. Sometimes I think MS truly believes that they exist in a vacuum where consumers don't have choices, or are too stupid to find them. And worse yet this is from the company that charges far more than the competition for equivalent services.

Before the flames begin I do realize 1) there are plenty of other benefits to Gold Membership, but to me none of them are worth the asking price, 2) the deals of the week used to be worse (and that's why I found no reason to pay for a gold membership), and 3) Fruit Ninja Kinect is different from the $.99 version since you can play it by waving your arms not your fingers, if that is a $9 value to you go ahead and buy it.

[quote name='kvadair']These deals, as with the PSN outage deals, do smell like DotW filler designed specifically to keep Gold Members from claiming there wasn't a deal of the weak while still not giving up any profit. The summer of arcade is an an annual joke; a lame attempt to get consumers to buy games that are available elsewhere (or soon will be) from Microsoft at full price by adding a fancy name and a bad deal. Bastion and From Dust are available on Steam, and Fruit Ninja is available everywhere and cheaper.

There is nothing wrong with buying any of these titles on XBLA, but doing so is not a deal and should not take away from the deal of the week which is the primary reasons I paid for a gold membership. Sometimes I think MS truly believes that they exist in a vacuum where consumers don't have choices, or are too stupid to find them. And worse yet this is from the company that charges far more than the competition for equivalent services.

Before the flames begin I do realize 1) there are plenty of other benefits to Gold Membership, but to me none of them are worth the asking price, 2) the deals of the week used to be worse (and that's why I found no reason to pay for a gold membership), and 3) Fruit Ninja Kinect is different from the $.99 version since you can play it by waving your arms not your fingers, if that is a $9 value to you go ahead and buy it.[/QUOTE]

You have to remember why Summer of Arcade exists. Typically during this time period, there are no quality games (mainly b/c most people are on vacations or enjoying the nice weather) coming out so MS saw an opportunity to rake in sale dollars. Now all these companies have to sign a contract with MS and we know MS asks for "exclusivity", but it is very likely the devs ask MS not to run any major sales that could cannibalize the SoA sales. Why would they agree to be in SoA at 1200pts if a quality title is on sale for 800pts? It does really suck for paying Gold members, but that's just business. It's only a few weeks out of the year anyway.

A lot of people are complaining about Fruit Ninja Kinect, but the fact is the Kinect needs more good games. I love the Kinect, and I have a ton of fun with it when I actually play it. I love Dance Central and I plan to play Child of Eden sometime, but the majority of Kinect games would be shovelware even on the Wii. Sure, Fruit Ninja Kinect may have been a dollar in the iPod, but I still plan to buy it if it will give me some more fun times with my expensive peripheral. So yes, I will buy Fruit Ninja Kinect (as soon as it goes on sale). ;)

[quote name='reddjoey']You have to remember why Summer of Arcade exists. Typically during this time period, there are no quality games (mainly b/c most people are on vacations or enjoying the nice weather) coming out so MS saw an opportunity to rake in sale dollars. Now all these companies have to sign a contract with MS and we know MS asks for "exclusivity", but it is very likely the devs ask MS not to run any major sales that could cannibalize the SoA sales. Why would they agree to be in SoA at 1200pts if a quality title is on sale for 800pts? It does really suck for paying Gold members, but that's just business. It's only a few weeks out of the year anyway.[/QUOTE]

Or to put it more simply, SoA or DotW were never created for CAG-minded folks.

You'll keep seeing SoA games because they are very successful and make for good publicity.

And you'll keep seeing "disappointing" DotWs, specifically repeats of popular games and none for more obscure games - because that's what most of the consumer base is interested in, apparently.

Sure, Torchlight has been on sale before, but a repeat sale for it is a lot more likely than a sale for some random shmup, as sad as that may be.
The amount of people who might be interested in it, and missed the last sale (because most people aren't CAGs that check this thread twice a day), is probably a lot bigger than the specific group of people who both like random-shmup AND decided to wait this long for a sale on it.

So whine, be angry, whatever. I do that too, even if not on this thread.
Just don't be surprised every week all over again, or wonder "what the hell are they thinking?". What they are doing seems to work just fine for them, and if you all pass on deals for even a whole month, I doubt they'd notice.

Like reddjoey said, that's just business.

I don't know about you guys but this year's SOA kinda sucks. The best one was the '09 one. MVC2, TMNT, Trials, Shadow Complex, and Spolsion Man. 5 of the greatest XBLA games right there. I expect to see a SOA theme DOTW before the end of the year or possibly early March of next year.

[quote name='kvadair']These deals, as with the PSN outage deals, do smell like DotW filler designed specifically to keep Gold Members from claiming there wasn't a deal of the weak while still not giving up any profit. The summer of arcade is an an annual joke; a lame attempt to get consumers to buy games that are available elsewhere (or soon will be) from Microsoft at full price by adding a fancy name and a bad deal. Bastion and From Dust are available on Steam, and Fruit Ninja is available everywhere and cheaper.

Before the flames begin I do realize 1) there are plenty of other benefits to Gold Membership, but to me none of them are worth the asking price, 2) the deals of the week used to be worse (and that's why I found no reason to pay for a gold membership), and 3) Fruit Ninja Kinect is different from the $.99 version since you can play it by waving your arms not your fingers, if that is a $9 value to you go ahead and buy it.[/QUOTE]

You sound so entitled it's hilarious.

[quote name='reddjoey']Yeah. Sometimes I skim over legit info because of it[/QUOTE]

You may have missed my post this morning that was in the middle of the Rock Band whining. Bloodrayne has been pushed back to Oct 5 on XBLA and Rock of Ages has a $9.99 price on Steam so you might want to tentatively update the price to 800.

[quote name='BNoyes']No good deals, but that just means I'll be hanging onto my money. No cause to complain.[/QUOTE]
With almost any other sale, I'd agree with you, but Gold members do actually pay for these deals of the weak, y'know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back