XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Or ones that don't even exist!

Man, it's awesome being in the 360 preview update and getting Uncharted 4 on it![/QUOTE]

Spoiler alert: Nathan Drake is Master Chief

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Damn!! how did you stock up on so many points? If I had that many points I would have 150+ arcade games, hell I would need a 250 GB harddrive and maybe a 120 GB one just to store all the things I would buy.[/QUOTE]

I pick up a 4k card every time that buy.com has them on sale for $40 and I bought 2 last time since they were discounted down to $35. I have 2 1600 point cards I bought from TRU when the were $15. I wish I had bought a couple more of those though. Been holding on to them for presents.

I have no idea how many arcade games I have now and as of last night my 250GB filled up completely. I was going to upgrade by buying the Star Wars Kinect Bundle but since that's not going to be out anytime soon I don't know what to do.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I pick up a 4k card every time that buy.com has them on sale for $40 and I bought 2 last time since they were discounted down to $35. I have 2 1600 point cards I bought from TRU when the were $15. I wish I had bought a couple more of those though. Been holding on to them for presents.

I have no idea how many arcade games I have now and as of last night my 250GB filled up completely. I was going to upgrade by buying the Star Wars Kinect Bundle but since that's not going to be out anytime soon I don't know what to do.[/QUOTE]

:lol: you sir set the bar high. If im lucky one day I'll get up there.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:lol: you sir set the bar high. If im lucky one day I'll get up there.[/QUOTE]

I've always thought of my stockpiling of points to be average but maybe not. It's a shame that there aren't more CAGs in my area to hang out with. I bet you and I could have some fun playing games like Guardian Heroes (or Dungeon Defenders next week!!). I know there's online coop but it's just not the same as playing in the same room. I guess that's why I mostly go over to my younger brother's house to play with him and his wife.

[quote name='vivafriend5']A previous update beta directly rrod'd my 360...[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of worried now... I read the line in the thing that said something like "this could damage your 360 and make it unusable, and we aren't responsible for this" or something along those lines...

will I be forced to download/ will my 360 automatically update if i get picked? i went ahead and entered despite that line, as i felt they just put that there just in case, but odds are nothing will happen. i do have a newer slim console anyways so i think i should be alright

well I bought a 1600 points card today and just tried activating it but no go

just finish your investigation already Microsoft >_< (even though it's only been two days)

[quote name='dchrisd']Did Microsoft send you a new console because of it?[/QUOTE] Yes, but only because it was under warranty. They did nothing special. They sent an arcade instead of an elite like I sent in. The arcade had faulty firmware that made it refuse to read discs 95% of the time, so I had to send it back to be flashed by them. In both situations, they issued new slims with 250 GB hard drives to some who were affected as I was. Not me, though. I even asked nicely. Zero for two. Good times.

Man from what I played from Guardian heroes is awesome. The controls are bit confusing at first but ill get used to them. Great game so far and 2nd xbla game i bought on launch. (1st MvC2)

In case anyone is interested, Treasure made a couple of Bleach fighting games for the DS that were practically JUST LIKE Guardian Heroes versus mode only with actual character balance... well, as much as Treasure can manage.

Online play on those is dead or wannabe competitive manchildren but they are just great fun all around even against AI.

Treasure is one of those developers that is so over-worshiped by the fans I am too easily annoyed by for entirely personal reasons that it's hard for me to say anything nice about them even when they deserve it so you might round up anything I say a bit to assume I'm liking it more than I'm letting on. I think they're overrated by and large but surely not undeserving of a good chunk of the praise they get.

Nice try, RollingSkull. Nobody's going to stop being excited for Guardian Heroes because you have a Treasure vendetta. It's a great port of a classic game.

Curses. Foiled again!

Just spent the last three hours failing to beat it with random co-op partners.

EDIT: Really though, GH's vs. mode just brought back fun memories of the Bleach DS games

ah, what a good day. Super Zur was defeated. (Guardian Heroes) Such a badass game. Now, if only they would release Dragon Force on XBLA I would be a happy man! :)

In all seriousness, anyone on the fence about getting Guardian Heroes, DO NOT WAIT! This game is a steal for only 800 space bucks ($10). I would have paid $50. No joke.

Dang it! I almost never buy avatar gear but my brother bought the Robin costume so now I have to buy Batman. Why are these things still so freaking expensive?? 400msp for a digital costume? Really? ARGH!

[quote name='eastx']Nice try, RollingSkull. Nobody's going to stop being excited for Guardian Heroes because you have a Treasure vendetta. It's a great port of a classic game.[/QUOTE]
LOL, most excellent burn of all week

wow i never played or heard of guardian heroes until they announced it for xbla. i just played a deathmatch ... it may be the kush talking but damn the colors, the music the effects .guardian heroes has me in a happy ass place best game on xbla next to castle crashers :drool:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Dang it! I almost never buy avatar gear but my brother bought the Robin costume so now I have to buy Batman. Why are these things still so freaking expensive?? 400msp for a digital costume? Really? ARGH![/QUOTE]

Who willingly chooses to be Robin when Batman is still an option...?

Someone had asked for opinions on the Crimson Alliance DLC so I thought I'd chime in.

If you really want some more content I would say I have only minor regret. It's 2 regular levels and 1 challenge for $3. Not much content but we still had fun. About an hour of fun though. It's super fast to clear.

[quote name='vamn']Who willingly chooses to be Robin when Batman is still an option...?[/QUOTE]

You got me, I guess that comes with having brothers. We all kinda picked our favorite heroes and I'm a Batman fan and he likes Robin. My older brother likes Superman-what a loser. :p

Chrono, while you're talking about Crimson Alliance what are your general thoughts on it? I know you're a fellow Torchlight lover so is it in a similar vein? I'm hungry for some more iso RPGs.

Also, I know that they offer all classes for 1200 and a single class for 800. It seems like a no-brainer to get all classes but would it only be good for additional playthroughs as a different class? I'm likely to only go through it once so if it doesn't affect that single playthrough maybe I'm fine just to get the single class. I had better choose the right one if I go that route.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Chrono, while you're talking about Crimson Alliance what are your general thoughts on it? I know you're a fellow Torchlight lover so is it in a similar vein? I'm hungry for some more iso RPGs.

Also, I know that they offer all classes for 1200 and a single class for 800. It seems like a no-brainer to get all classes but would it only be good for additional playthroughs as a different class? I'm likely to only go through it once so if it doesn't affect that single playthrough maybe I'm fine just to get the single class. I had better choose the right one if I go that route.[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. There is pretty solid replay value if you want to go back and gold every level for certain. In a single run it is fairly short, however, as there are only about 15ish levels and they are not particularly long. But there are secret areas to find that make it well worth revisiting levels multiple times until you find them all.

I would say it has more of the look and feel of Diablo than Torchlight, plus the loot seems to be of much more significance than in Torchlight. I ran with pretty much the same gear through most of Torchlight and didn't really worry too much about upgrades, but in Crimson Alliance I felt much more of the drive to obtain better gear. If you are finished with Torchlight and want something in a similar vein I would say Crimson Alliance fits the bill quite nicely.

As far as whether to get the all class pack or just the one class you like I would probably stick with the one class. Before deciding for yourself I highly recommend playing through the first level with each class and seeing which is best for you. I bought the all class pack because I was game sharing it with my brother and he wanted to play the assassin and I the wizard. Unless you think you would want to play all over again as another class you're better off just getting the one. After almost 100%ing the game (just need gold on the last 2 levels) I can say there is very little chance I would be interested in starting all over again with another class.

Ultimately, do I think it's worth the $15 I spent? Yes and no. We had a great time ripping through the campaign only to find it felt like it ended a bit too soon and the final gear we ended with did not max out our stats which is a bit of a disappointment. If you are good with short and sweet, by all means it's worth the investment.

Also I highly recommend playing it with a co-op partner. It's infinitely more fun to run around this game with a friend than it is by yourself.

Great review, thanks. :) I'm finished with the main story on Torchlight and I'll probably go through bit by bit to get the final achievement for maxing out your Fame level. It's pretty neat that it has the endless dungeon east of town full of randomized high-level enemies once you finish up the story. I can see myself getting in short fixes when the Torchlight bug hits.

I think that I'm with you about the single class. With such a backlog of both discs and XBLA games I'm perfectly happy with short and sweet titles at this point. These days I don't go back through completed games very often so I'll just play the free level and decide from there. That's good news about the loot. I think that I wasted half of my playing time with Torchlight comparing new loot to my existing equipment only to stick with what I had 95% of the time. I'll have to get around to CA over the weekend.

Hopefully matchmaking is decent for co-op as I can't say I've seen anyone else on my Friends list playing this.

To clarify Chrono Gear's response a bit, there is no random loot or character leveling in Crimson Alliance. Each level has some specific loot to find, which serves as the method of improving your character. For this reason, the game is much more like Gauntlet Legends than Torchlight and Diablo.

Also, if you only buy 1 character, you won't be able to get all of the Achievements. But players who don't have the time to put into more than 1 character might not mind.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Great review, thanks. :) I'm finished with the main story on Torchlight and I'll probably go through bit by bit to get the final achievement for maxing out your Fame level. It's pretty neat that it has the endless dungeon east of town full of randomized high-level enemies once you finish up the story. I can see myself getting in short fixes when the Torchlight bug hits.

I think that I'm with you about the single class. With such a backlog of both discs and XBLA games I'm perfectly happy with short and sweet titles at this point. These days I don't go back through completed games very often so I'll just play the free level and decide from there. That's good news about the loot. I think that I wasted half of my playing time with Torchlight comparing new loot to my existing equipment only to stick with what I had 95% of the time. I'll have to get around to CA over the weekend.

Hopefully matchmaking is decent for co-op as I can't say I've seen anyone else on my Friends list playing this.[/QUOTE]

I agree with Chrono that CA is a good game and I enjoyed it. However, I wanted to say two things.

1. There no loot drops. Loot is found in chests hidden throughout the game, won in challenge maps, or bought. Each character has 3 equipment slots and maybe 12 pieces of equipment for each spot.

2. There is not leveling. You do not level up. You do not spend stat points. Your stats are a directly taken from your gear.

The game is more Gaunlet(Not the NES version but the PS) than Torchlight/Diablo.

EDIT: I see that EASTX had already said what I wanted to say. I just jumped on the quote/reply button before getting through the thread. :(

That's an interesting structure. I actually never played Gauntlet so that style would be new to me. I enjoy the usual stat/spell/attribute management of most RPGs but I would imagine the lack of that would make things a bit more action oriented. I'll have to report back after I've tried CA out a bit.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Treasure is one of those developers that is so over-worshiped by the fans I am too easily annoyed by for entirely personal reasons that it's hard for me to say anything nice about them even when they deserve it so you might round up anything I say a bit to assume I'm liking it more than I'm letting on. I think they're overrated by and large but surely not undeserving of a good chunk of the praise they get.[/QUOTE]

It seems at first you had a small group of hardcore gamers that gushed over Treasure, like they were some great undiscovered band. Once Treasure gained some exposure it was like that band went mainstream. There seemed a group of people that popped up, waving their arms frantically and running around while shouting "I hate them cause they're popular" in a noble attempt to balance out the yin and yang of the Internet. Ever since Stretch Panic there's been enough vocal naysayers that it's difficult to say that Treasure is still overrated.

Don't have the dash in front of me, but the October price drops are out.
Sonic 4 episode 1 is down to 800 from 1200.
Domino Master is down to 400 from 800.
Everything else is games on demand, which means I didn't pay attention to them.

[quote name='eastx']To clarify Chrono Gear's response a bit, there is no random loot or character leveling in Crimson Alliance. Each level has some specific loot to find, which serves as the method of improving your character. For this reason, the game is much more like Gauntlet Legends than Torchlight and Diablo.

Also, if you only buy 1 character, you won't be able to get all of the Achievements. But players who don't have the time to put into more than 1 character might not mind.[/QUOTE]

Correct, there is no random loot or leveling. I had neglected to mention this point either way.

You are incorrect about the achievement though. The one you are thinking of is the beat the first level with every character. Since you can play through the first 3 levels with any character, once you buy one you can go back with the other two to get the achievement.

[quote name='Rollobobo']ah, what a good day. Super Zur was defeated. (Guardian Heroes) Such a badass game. Now, if only they would release Dragon Force on XBLA I would be a happy man! :)

In all seriousness, anyone on the fence about getting Guardian Heroes, DO NOT WAIT! This game is a steal for only 800 space bucks ($10). I would have paid $50. No joke.[/QUOTE]

I would love for dragonforce to come out, my favorite saturn game of all time. Actually probably in my top 10 games of all time if I really think about it. I would play full retail for that, let alone xbla prices

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Correct, there is no random loot or leveling. I had neglected to mention this point either way.

You are incorrect about the achievement though. The one you are thinking of is the beat the first level with every character. Since you can play through the first 3 levels with any character, once you buy one you can go back with the other two to get the achievement.[/QUOTE]

Have you successfully done that? I've read that it doesn't work unless you own them.

[quote name='eastx']Have you successfully done that? I've read that it doesn't work unless you own them.[/QUOTE]

Since I bought the $15 all class pack I can't say first hand, but when I was going through the game and reading the guide on xbox360achievements.org they specifically stated it was not required. Since it is a work in progress I went back and double checked. It now does not say if it requires the purchase of all three characters or not. Can any single character purchasers confirm one way or the other? If this is true then I would get the all class pack since I am a completionist whenever possible.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I pick up a 4k card every time that buy.com has them on sale for $40 and I bought 2 last time since they were discounted down to $35. I have 2 1600 point cards I bought from TRU when the were $15. I wish I had bought a couple more of those though. Been holding on to them for presents. I have no idea how many arcade games I have now and as of last night my 250GB filled up completely. I was going to upgrade by buying the Star Wars Kinect Bundle but since that's not going to be out anytime soon I don't know what to do.[/QUOTE]
You saw there's a 320gb standalone drive for the new form-factor, right (and includes "Lego Star Wars III"? I'm also hitting 200GB in game content, and with only 25GB or so remaining (which is coincidentally full of game videos), I've had to make critical cuts, like removing any GonD or 2GB DLC addons (since downloading giggage in less than an hour is no longer a distant dream).

As for points, the "buy.com" deals on eBay are good (though tax is a pisser), and if you live in towns with a Fred Meyer, you just missed a "20% off" sale on Monday.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Since I bought the $15 all class pack I can't say first hand, but when I was going through the game and reading the guide on xbox360achievements.org they specifically stated it was not required. Since it is a work in progress I went back and double checked. It now does not say if it requires the purchase of all three characters or not. Can any single character purchasers confirm one way or the other? If this is true then I would get the all class pack since I am a completionist whenever possible.[/QUOTE]

The developers said one pack can get all achievements:
http://www.crimsonalliance.com/game.php?subsection=faq

Do I need all of the classes to earn all of the achievements?
No. There is one achievement that requires all three classes, but you can earn this playing the free version of the game and then get credit for the achievement when you purchase just one character class.

There could be a bug and not allow this to happen and this is just a FAQ as I don't have the game.

[quote name='Cornelius']You saw there's a 320gb standalone drive for the new form-factor, right (and includes "Lego Star Wars III"? I'm also hitting 200GB in game content, and with only 25GB or so remaining (which is coincidentally full of game videos), I've had to make critical cuts, like removing any GonD or 2GB DLC addons (since downloading giggage in less than an hour is no longer a distant dream).

As for points, the "buy.com" deals on eBay are good (though tax is a pisser), and if you live in towns with a Fred Meyer, you just missed a "20% off" sale on Monday.[/QUOTE]

They announced that drive For separate purchase after I posted that comment but I have seen it. Might try and hold out for the Star Wars bundle anyway since the HDD is a big excuse to justify the purchase.

Fred Meyer isn't here in town anymore so I couldn't get in on that deal, but really, don't you think I have enough points for a while? Lol.

Hmm - spent my last 600pts on Shadow Complex this morning after about 10 minutes in the demo. Looks like a decent game! Now I just need to come up with more points (come on, lucky contests!) so I can keep buying buying buying!

[quote name='caldazar']Hmm - spent my last 600pts on Shadow Complex this morning after about 10 minutes in the demo. Looks like a decent game! Now I just need to come up with more points (come on, lucky contests!) so I can keep buying buying buying![/QUOTE]

A lot of people keep saying that they win points from contests. Where are these contests you speak of? Do I need to know the secret handshake to be able to find out?

[quote name='ooga']A lot of people keep saying that they win points from contests. Where are these contests you speak of? Do I need to know the secret handshake to be able to find out?[/QUOTE]

I won a lot of points from txt-to-win type contests mainly, I also cash in my bing rewards every few months for 400pts as well (500 bing = 400 ms point code)

[quote name='caldazar']I won a lot of points from txt-to-win type contests mainly, I also cash in my bing rewards every few months for 400pts as well (500 bing = 400 ms point code)[/QUOTE]

They're on sale for 300 reward points right now.

[quote name='caldazar']I won a lot of points from txt-to-win type contests mainly, I also cash in my bing rewards every few months for 400pts as well (500 bing = 400 ms point code)[/QUOTE]

FYI Until the 23rd of this month the bing rewards program is having a special where it is only 300 bing points for 400ms points. I just cashed all my bing points in!

[quote name='Bradisback']FYI Until the 23rd of this month the bing rewards program is having a special where it is only 300 bing points for 400ms points. I just cashed all my bing points in![/QUOTE]

Dayum! thanks for the heads up! time to go do some bogus searches to earn points!

[quote name='caldazar']Dayum! thanks for the heads up! time to go do some bogus searches to earn points![/QUOTE]

Has it gotten easier to earn points with bing? I remember it taking a long time in the beta...

[quote name='Cysquatch']Has it gotten easier to earn points with bing? I remember it taking a long time in the beta...[/QUOTE]

I usually get around 80 points a week

[quote name='Bradisback']I usually get around 80 points a week[/QUOTE]

I just logged on and it's really improved. Earned 30 points so far.

fuck! I redeemed my 150 points for 100 MSP this morning. :(

[quote name='Cysquatch']Has it gotten easier to earn points with bing? I remember it taking a long time in the beta...[/QUOTE]
If you do the 10 searches and the 3 bonus point search a day you can buy 400 microsoft points a month.

Takes less than a minute a day to earn them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back