XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow there are some nice deals going on lately on XBL. Hope they keep this up. Def an improvement over when they used to offer 1 item on the DotW. Remember that?

[quote name='bh47']Wow there are some nice deals going on lately on XBL. Hope they keep this up. Def an improvement over when they used to offer 1 item on the DotW. Remember that?[/QUOTE]

yeah and it would be a avatar item 50% of the time

[quote name='bh47']Wow there are some nice deals going on lately on XBL. Hope they keep this up. Def an improvement over when they used to offer 1 item on the DotW. Remember that?[/QUOTE]

I also remember when Microsoft basically scoffed at the idea of lowering the price of digital content after it has been out for a while, or how the DOTW was most often a game that had been out for a very long time, etc. On the whole, the Xbox Live Marketplace has really become something completely different since I got my 360 a couple of years ago.

Yes finally a decent sale on some arcade games! I got MvC2, and I'm waiting tomorrow for Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex. It feels good saving a little over 20 bucks, now if only they do a deal for Super Meat Boy...

Yeah I do and I also remember when there was no DotW. Xbox Live marketplace and certainly improved since the 360 came out. The menu's for it might not be better, but the deals are.

[quote name='crunchewy']Decided to buy The Writer even though I haven't started Alan Wake yet. Hopefully it doesn't prove to be a waste of points.[/QUOTE]
In the same boat.
It's good to hear that it's worth it.

Looks like the sale that is supposed to be on the 15th started a bit early. I just grabbed Limbo and Castle Crashers.

[quote name='ooga']Looks like the sale that is supposed to be on the 15th started a bit early. I just grabbed Limbo and Castle Crashers.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up! Gonna go grab Limbo.

Finally picked up Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex. Any ideas on how much Sonic 4 (hated the demo) and Outrun (didn't know it existed on xbla until yesterday) sale will cost? If I could get both together for 600 pts I'd probably get them.

I'm happy for everyone finally picking up Shadow Complex. I'm a sucker for Metroid-style games, and Shadow Complex was simply a blast. I wish that I could go back and replay that one as a fresh experience again.

Someone try and sell me on Limbo and Monday Night Combat. If they were both 400 points I'd get them for sure, but 600 is in that "eh, I dunno..." range for me.

Well, as I said before, I only had 1000 MSP to spend. I ended up getting Splosion Man and Shadow Complex. I'll just wait for the next Castle Crashers and LIMBO sales.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Someone try and sell me on Limbo and Monday Night Combat. If they were both 400 points I'd get them for sure, but 600 is in that "eh, I dunno..." range for me.[/QUOTE]

Some people went as far to tag Limbo with "Game of the Year" billing. I can't speak for MNC, but the experience in Limbo was worth $15 to me. $7.50 should be a no brainer. I also don't envision it going much further. I don't remember seeing 1200 msp games reduced to 400 msp, but perhaps I'm mistaken.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Someone try and sell me on Limbo and Monday Night Combat. If they were both 400 points I'd get them for sure, but 600 is in that "eh, I dunno..." range for me.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't care less if you get them or not. They're already considered hits and your support isn't really needed.

Sorry. "sell me" posters are annoying.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Finally picked up Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex. Any ideas on how much Sonic 4 (hated the demo) and Outrun (didn't know it existed on xbla until yesterday) sale will cost? If I could get both together for 600 pts I'd probably get them.[/QUOTE]

PREDICTIONS (Only an educated guess please don't flame if I'm way off)

Sonic 4 800 points (again)
Outrun 400 points (again)

Virtual On 600 points (please!! I know it's a long shot)

Since the phrase including Sonic 4, Outun, etc was used I can only hope other games might be included from Sega. Since After Burner was just on sale a couple weeks ago I'd be really surprised if it makes the list for this one.

[quote name='darrenaero']Couldn't care less if you get them or not. They're already considered hits and your support isn't really needed.

Sorry. "sell me" posters are annoying.[/QUOTE]

Harsh man. He is basically looking for an opinion on whether to buy them or not. I bought MNC during the last sale and it's probably worth 400-600 points. It's a quirky game that is fun in short bursts. Plus there is the free dlc to boot. However, I've heard the steam version is far better supported so if you don't care about achievements I'd probably suggest getting it there.

Limbo seemed super dull from the demo but I can only assume it gets better. I'll either wait for a 400 point sale or get the disc with it included.

Just my 2 cents.

same here. If it was 600 last holiday season, (like we thought it was going to be) I woulda picked it up no problem. Having seen it in action at a friend's house, I just don't feel it's worth it.

I think I'll just pick up Trials big thrills dlc and call it good.

I recommend castle crashers to those on the fence. Braid is also very good, if you still don't have it by now.

[quote name='kellte2']I'm happy for everyone finally picking up Shadow Complex. I'm a sucker for Metroid-style games, and Shadow Complex was simply a blast. I wish that I could go back and replay that one as a fresh experience again.[/QUOTE]
I think I'm the only person who didn't like shadow complex. I found it very generic and bland. And I did not care for the characters at all. Definitely no metroid/castlevania.

[quote name='Newl']I think I'm the only person who didn't like shadow complex. I found it very generic and bland. And I did not care for the characters at all. Definitely no metroid/castlevania.[/QUOTE]

Wait there were characters in Shadow Complex? Are you sure? I didn't see any. I was too busy running around shooting baddies and looking for secrets.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wait there were characters in Shadow Complex? Are you sure? I didn't see any. I was too busy running around shooting baddies and looking for secrets.[/QUOTE]

The story was corny. The draw of the game was searching for items while seeing areas that couldn't be unlocked until you found the right item.

Monday Night Combat has a high learning curve for online play. I still think it is worth 600 points.
Limbo is easily worth 600 points and I would own it if I didn't spend 20+ hours at my friend's house playing it.
If it is a choice between the 2, I would go MNC only because of the online play.

[quote name='kellte2']I don't remember seeing 1200 msp games reduced to 400 msp, but perhaps I'm mistaken.[/QUOTE]

'Splosion man a few weeks ago was on sale for 400 msp before they dropped it's price to 800 msp.

[quote name='kellte2']The draw of the game was searching for items while seeing areas that couldn't be unlocked until you found the right item.[/QUOTE]

This.

[quote name='ooga']'Splosion man a few weeks ago was on sale for 400 msp before they dropped it's price to 800 msp.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that 'Splosion Man debuted at 800 msp, but Trials HD has previously been 400 msp [down from 1200]. This also means that Microsoft wins this round as I just bit on the 600 msp price.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I also remember when Microsoft basically scoffed at the idea of lowering the price of digital content after it has been out for a while, or how the DOTW was most often a game that had been out for a very long time, etc. On the whole, the Xbox Live Marketplace has really become something completely different since I got my 360 a couple of years ago.[/QUOTE]

I think that it helps a lot that they have competition for digital content as well. I currently see Steam as being the leader on aggressive digital pricing, followed by Xbox Live and PSN. I generally prefer getting most content on Xbox Live because that is the digital interface that most of my friends favor.

I totally agree with you that Microsoft has made vast improvements to their online experience and Xbox Live Marketplace over the recent years. I also am glad that they support Indie Game Developers with the Xbox Live Indie Games Channel.

[quote name='darrenaero']Couldn't care less if you get them or not. They're already considered hits and your support isn't really needed.

Sorry. "sell me" posters are annoying.[/QUOTE]

Geez, I guess you took it the wrong way. I'm basically on the fence about the two games, and wanted to hear opinions that might tip me in one direction or the other. Or is that what you find annoying? (I couldn't care less if you feel like giving your opinion on the games or not.)

[quote name='Microshock']Hold on a second, Toy Soldiers used to be 20 bucks?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']1200/$15[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Cameron4All']Then that would be 800 msp not equaling being 50% off[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']To be fair the dashboard says up to 50% off.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I'm human and made a mistake. It's 33% off and I fixed the OP.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Geez, I guess you took it the wrong way. I'm basically on the fence about the two games, and wanted to hear opinions that might tip me in one direction or the other. Or is that what you find annoying? (I couldn't care less if you feel like giving your opinion on the games or not.)[/QUOTE]

MNC is fun if you want to devote time to it and get some a good group together. There is a steep learning curve (I'd imagine it's worse now since those who are still playing are devoted to the title) and requires a good amount of strategy/communication between teammates.

You will likely only play through LIMBO once. Once you know the "puzzles" there isn't much left. You can challenge yourself and get the achievement for beating it in one sitting with five or less deaths (takes about an hour) or you can hunt down the eggs that you missed in your first play through and some hidden eggs to increase your completion % beyond 100%, but that's about it.

I already had 3/5 titles on sale for "Friday" only, and just got limbo as I've been waiting for a decent sell on that. I'm on the fence about castle crashers....I've played the demo, and it was ok, but I know it's more geared towards coop play, so hows the online community for it? still somewhat active?

[quote name='ooga']'Splosion man a few weeks ago was on sale for 400 msp before they dropped it's price to 800 msp.[/QUOTE]

Splosion man was also 160pts during a one day sale.

[quote name='kellte2']I'm pretty sure that 'Splosion Man debuted at 800 msp, but Trials HD has previously been 400 msp [down from 1200]. This also means that Microsoft wins this round as I just bit on the 600 msp price.[/QUOTE]

I don't know why I typed 'Splosion Man. I meant to say Comic Jumper which was on sale a few weeks ago for 400 msp.

[quote name='jdb230']I already had 3/5 titles on sale for "Friday" only, and just got limbo as I've been waiting for a decent sell on that. I'm on the fence about castle crashers....I've played the demo, and it was ok, but I know it's more geared towards coop play, so hows the online community for it? still somewhat active?[/QUOTE]

Castle Crashers is a great party game, for when you have 2-4 people over at your house. It's literally hours of mindless fun that anyone can get into. Likewise, equally fun when you have friends that have it / get it, so you can play with them, or to play as a family game. I wouldn't recommend it for solo play.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Yep, I'm human and made a mistake. It's 33% off and I fixed the OP.[/QUOTE]

Dear Mr human,
You also have the name of a game mispelled:
April 13th: Var's Revenge - 800 Microsoft Points

It should be Yar's Revenge

Regards,
The machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back