XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ral1121']Do people still play Blacklight Tango Down?

I'm considering on buying.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard players can't join a game in progress. If you factor in a small player pool, that sounds like a lot of waiting in lobbies hoping you'll find enough players to actually start a game.

I feel I'm the only person who hasn't bought Risk yet at this point and the only reason it's on sale (AGAIN) is so they can get that last person to sign up. :razz:

And while it seemed decent enough for $5 when I tried the demo previously, I really don't know how much I'd really play considering A) risk can take a long time B) there's a site online which has all these different maps and variations (and a good community) and if I felt the need to play risk, I'd just go there.

Risk: Factions is a good game a this price. Games actually are pretty streamlined. You can play a full regular Risk game in one sitting (about 30 minutes).

Sorry about changing the OP a few hours before the sale ended. I am pressed for time today (and hate using my phone to edit the OP) and didn't want the old sale sitting around all day misleading the easily confused.

[quote name='JStryke']I feel I'm the only person who hasn't bought Risk yet at this point and the only reason it's on sale (AGAIN) is so they can get that last person to sign up. :razz:

And while it seemed decent enough for $5 when I tried the demo previously, I really don't know how much I'd really play considering A) risk can take a long time B) there's a site online which has all these different maps and variations (and a good community) and if I felt the need to play risk, I'd just go there.[/QUOTE]
There's one other that hasn't bought it...Me...lol

[quote name='Exu']You'd think for Valentine's they'd have put some co-op games on sale...[/QUOTE]

That would make more sense than an online shooter and a game about world domination.

Guess the guys at Microsoft are blaring "Love stinks" rather than "I've Just Seen A Face" today.

Anyone got dates of just when Risk Factions has been on sale? Zombie Apocalypse while we're at it, that's been on sale more than enough times too.

[quote name='Exu']Anyone got dates of just when Risk Factions has been on sale? Zombie Apocalypse while we're at it, that's been on sale more than enough times too.[/QUOTE]
The OP has links in the sticky posts about what's been on sale when. Check it out!

i have a fresh 4000 msp card to break open but looks like ill be savin it till next week...im all ovr the pacman @ 400msp starting the 28th....

Any word on what's on sale next week? The week after will gloriously be Pac-Man CE DX but what will we have between Blacklight: Tango Down and then?

Just a heads up.

Currently, Risk is not showing on sale on the website (also was not listed on Major Nelson's blog as being on sale) and Yu-Gi-Oh is now showing for 800 msp

[quote name='Cameron4All']Just a heads up.

Currently, Risk is not showing on sale on the website (also was not listed on Major Nelson's blog as being on sale) and Yu-Gi-Oh is now showing for 800 msp[/QUOTE]

I remember seeing the blog post by major nelson about it, must of decided to finally use that disclaimer about how it could change. DOTW on the spotlight channel only shows tango down.

[quote name='Cameron4All']Just a heads up.

Currently, Risk is not showing on sale on the website (also was not listed on Major Nelson's blog as being on sale) and Yu-Gi-Oh is now showing for 800 msp[/QUOTE]

I will take out Yu-Gi-Oh

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I remember seeing the blog post by major nelson about it, must of decided to finally use that disclaimer about how it could change. DOTW on the spotlight channel only shows tango down.[/QUOTE]

I guess I will take out Risk as well

I'm also starting to think that the Endor DLC "sale" was misinformation

I kinda wish Risk was on sale this week, cause with it only being one game on sale ( not so good FPS), this week looks like crap compared to last week

Anybody else seeing a 2-day only Valentine's sale on an XBL gold membership upgrade? I have a silver account on my console that I signed into and the deal shows up in the spotlight section of the dashboard. The offer is for 40% off a gold membership, 500 free MS points, and a free downloadable arcade game.

My XBL gold membership is set to expire in a week and the only kind of deal I see in the spotlight section on that account is for 25% off -- that's all.

Anybody have any info about this? Am I the only one who thinks it makes no sense for MS to shun their loyal subscribers by only offering the 40% off promo to silver memberships? I am livid! :bomb:

[quote name='infamousantho']Anybody else seeing a 2-day only Valentine's sale on an XBL gold membership upgrade? I have a silver account on my console that I signed into and the deal shows up in the spotlight section of the dashboard. The offer is for 40% off a gold membership, 500 free MS points, and a free downloadable arcade game.

My XBL gold membership is set to expire in a week and the only kind of deal I see in the spotlight section on that account is for 25% off -- that's all.

Anybody have any info about this? Am I the only one who thinks it makes no sense for MS to shun their loyal subscribers by only offering the 40% off promo to silver memberships? I am livid! :bomb:[/QUOTE]
It actually makes perfect sense, think about it

It makes sense to add new subscribers, yes. But why not extend that to your current customers as well? I mean, it is a only a 2 day offer, and if someone's subscription is set to expire soon they should let you capitalize on that as well if you're keen enough to catch that the offer exists at all.

It just doesn't make sense to me that something beneficial (or ANY deal, piece of content, etc.) is being put out there, but ONLY for those who are silver and non-paying? A-wuuuh?

[quote name='infamousantho']It makes sense to add new subscribers, yes. But why not extend that to your current customers as well?[/QUOTE]
They're hoping that you'll forget that you've got auto-renew enabled so they'll be able to charge the full $60.

Ever since the price hike MS seems to be offering these XBL discounts more and more often. When you're subscription does eventually end and if you've chosen not to auto-renew, you won't have to wait long to take advantage of these "new subscribers" offers anyway.

[quote name='infamousantho']It just doesn't make sense to me that something beneficial (or ANY deal, piece of content, etc.) is being put out there, but ONLY for those who are silver and non-paying? A-wuuuh?[/QUOTE]

You're paying and have been paying without extra incentive. Why should I (Microsoft) offer you a discount/bouns when you've already shown a willingness to pay without any extra goodies?

OTOH, a silver member has shown by *not* paying that the standard offer does not have enough value to purchase. Therefore, I (Microsoft) have to sweeten the pot a little bit to get them to join. My (Microsoft's) hope is, once the silver member is in, they will see how "great" XBL is and will re-up at full price.

Sucks for the 'loyal' customer, but yes, loyal customers are often taken for granted. Want to try an wrangle a deal out of them? Call them up and threaten to cancel. That gets most businesses to offer you something (see cell phones, satellite radio, cable TV, credit cards, etc.).

[quote name='infamousantho']It makes sense to add new subscribers, yes. But why not extend that to your current customers as well? I mean, it is a only a 2 day offer, and if someone's subscription is set to expire soon they should let you capitalize on that as well if you're keen enough to catch that the offer exists at all.

It just doesn't make sense to me that something beneficial (or ANY deal, piece of content, etc.) is being put out there, but ONLY for those who are silver and non-paying? A-wuuuh?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='hostyl1']You're paying and have been paying without extra incentive. Why should I (Microsoft) offer you a discount/bouns when you've already shown a willingness to pay without any extra goodies?

OTOH, a silver member has shown by *not* paying that the standard offer does not have enough value to purchase. Therefore, I (Microsoft) have to sweeten the pot a little bit to get them to join. My (Microsoft's) hope is, once the silver member is in, they will see how "great" XBL is and will re-up at full price.

Sucks for the 'loyal' customer, but yes, loyal customers are often taken for granted. Want to try an wrangle a deal out of them? Call them up and threaten to cancel. That gets most businesses to offer you something (see cell phones, satellite radio, cable TV, credit cards, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Bingo :cool:

However, they are already giving a deal to current subscribers, the 25% off, so no need to try wrangle more. If he doesnt like it, go silver, if he stays gold, he has proven that MS are making sound business sense ;)

btw, i locked myself in for 40% off a few months ago when it WAS open to existing gold subscribers, now when my gold runs out in april, i will auto renew at 40% off :cool:

[quote name='hostyl1']Sucks for the 'loyal' customer, but yes, loyal customers are often taken for granted. Want to try an wrangle a deal out of them? Call them up and threaten to cancel. That gets most businesses to offer you something (see cell phones, satellite radio, cable TV, credit cards, etc.).[/QUOTE]

I second this. Personal experience with XM radio, I've canceled two times (not because I wanted to) and got free stuff each time. First time I couldn't afford the payments due to being umemployed for a few months and they offered me three free months in a hope I worked out my situation by then, and just recently I bought a new car so called to cancel until I get a new radio for that car and they gave me a free installation card.

Called support, spent about 25 minutes on the phone canceling my subscription (prepaid, set to expire in less than a week anyway). Account was reverted back to silver almost instantly and now the Valentine's Day deal -- 40% off subscription, 500 MS points, and free arcade game (AQUA) -- shows right up under the Spotlight section on the dashboard.

I'm a happy camper after a night of griefing. I will now stay an XBL gold member, despite Microsoft not making it such a pleasant experience (this time around), imo.

Anyone else who's subscription is expiring somewhat shortly, feel free to follow suit. Just be firm with them on the phone that you're CANCELING, not turning off auto-renew, and that you want your account to revert back to a silver membership right now... not at the scheduled end of your current subscription. :cool::cool::cool:

[quote name='infamousantho']Called support, spent about 25 minutes on the phone canceling my subscription (prepaid, set to expire in less than a week anyway). Account was reverted back to silver almost instantly and now the Valentine's Day deal -- 40% off subscription, 500 MS points, and free arcade game (AQUA) -- shows right up under the Spotlight section on the dashboard.

I'm a happy camper after a night of griefing. I will now stay an XBL gold member, despite Microsoft not making it such a pleasant experience (this time around), imo.

Anyone else who's subscription is expiring somewhat shortly, feel free to follow suit. Just be firm with them on the phone that you're CANCELING, not turning off auto-renew, and that you want your account to revert back to a silver membership right now... not at the scheduled end of your current subscription. :cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

My account expires and is set to auto renew on Feb. 19 at 20% off, so I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Here's hoping they don't pull that 40% deal before I get done with the phone call--when does it expire? Is that deal listed anywhere online, or just through spotlight?

Oh also, what happens to my existing balance of MSP associated with my current Gold gamertag if I cancel?

[quote name='bsmiff']My account expires and is set to auto renew on Feb. 19 at 20% off, so I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Here's hoping they don't pull that 40% deal before I get done with the phone call--when does it expire? Is that deal listed anywhere online, or just through spotlight?

Oh also, what happens to my existing balance of MSP associated with my current Gold gamertag if I cancel?[/QUOTE]
These deals are typically through the dashboard only and can disappear without any notice. You won't lose any MSP if the status of your account switches over to Silver.

[quote name='Thrinn']These deals are typically through the dashboard only and can disappear without any notice. You won't lose any MSP if the status of your account switches over to Silver.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. infamousantho kept mentioning it was a 2-day deal, so I guess I'll create a Silver account before making the call after work to make sure the deal is still live.

Well, I cancelled out and made sure to switch to a Silver immediately. The mentioned deal isn't popping up in my Spotlight tab. I'll wait around on it for a while, but if I'm totally out of luck I've got a 3 month Gold card sitting around which I'll apply. Then hopefully when that runs out a new deal like this one will show up.

[quote name='bsmiff']Thanks. infamousantho kept mentioning it was a 2-day deal, so I guess I'll create a Silver account before making the call after work to make sure the deal is still live.[/QUOTE]

Well, that failed. Forgot that when you start an account they give you one month of Gold free. Can anyone with a Silver account verify the deal's still live for me?

[quote name='bsmiff']Well, I cancelled out and made sure to switch to a Silver immediately. The mentioned deal isn't popping up in my Spotlight tab. I'll wait around on it for a while, but if I'm totally out of luck I've got a 3 month Gold card sitting around which I'll apply. Then hopefully when that runs out a new deal like this one will show up.[/QUOTE]

After canceling, it actually took deleting my profile and recovering my gamertag back to the console in order for it to register that I was no longer a gold member. At that point, it would only show the "My Xbox" group of tabs, no others to scroll up and down between. All I did to fix this was connect and disconnect to XBL a few times, and the time that finally worked was when I actually went into the network settings and basically re-setup/reconnected to my network. Then all the tabs showed up, and it was the first deal being advertised in the "Spotlight" section.

UPDATE:

After signing into a silver membership I have on my console (at this time of posting), the deal is now gone and has been replaced by 40% off and a 3 month extended warranty on your console.
Odd deal, but 40% off is still 40% off.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']the phone call wll cost more than the saving made, unless it is different in the USA[/QUOTE]

Surprisingly enough, my call to cancel took 5 minutes tops. The guy asked why I was canceling; I said because my sub is practically up and I'd like to spend my money more wisely. That was that.

[quote name='infamousantho']After canceling, it actually took deleting my profile and recovering my gamertag back to the console in order for it to register that I was no longer a gold member. At that point, it would only show the "My Xbox" group of tabs, no others to scroll up and down between. All I did to fix this was connect and disconnect to XBL a few times, and the time that finally worked was when I actually went into the network settings and basically re-setup/reconnected to my network. Then all the tabs showed up, and it was the first deal being advertised in the "Spotlight" section.

UPDATE:

After signing into a silver membership I have on my console (at this time of posting), the deal is now gone and has been replaced by 40% off and a 3 month extended warranty on your console.
Odd deal, but 40% off is still 40% off.[/QUOTE]

Now that you say all this, I'm just going to use my 3 month card and see if there's a new deal in May. Aqua didn't really interest me anyway, but that 500 MSP did. Plus I think I've got a $10 Amazon credit towards an XBL 12 month Gold card from an old VG purchase, so I'll keep my eye on Amazon for a decent price (right now's not bad and would net me ~40% off, minus signing up for auto-renew).

[quote name='bsmiff']Now that you say all this, I'm just going to use my 3 month card and see if there's a new deal in May. Aqua didn't really interest me anyway, but that 500 MSP did. Plus I think I've got a $10 Amazon credit towards an XBL 12 month Gold card from an old VG purchase, so I'll keep my eye on Amazon for a decent price (right now's not bad and would net me ~40% off, minus signing up for auto-renew).[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good plan. The 500 MS points was some sweet icing on the cake. Did see a 12 month card on Amazon for $44 as recently as last week. Back up to $49 now. So just sit tight over the next three months and keep an eye out and you'll see it at a more attractive price + that $10 credit.

Oh man...I though Risk Factions was going to be on sale again, I was actually planning on buying it this time.

Sweet! I'm glad Pac-man won! :D The demo was so much fun and as much as I like Castlevania, that new one doesn't interest me at all. Glad that didn't win. x.x

At the last peek I had of the votes Pac-Man had a good lead. I changed the OP with a note. Sorry if I misled you to think P-M:CEDX was official

[quote name='gus311']Oh man...I though Risk Factions was going to be on sale again, I was actually planning on buying it this time.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Quite saddening.:whistle2:k

Character DLC...damn! If it was 800pts I'd consider it, but because its 1200pts, I'll most likely pass...not to mention I have yet to try the game :lol:

[quote name='reddjoey']At the last peek I had of the votes Pac-Man had a good lead. I changed the OP with a note. Sorry if I misled you to think P-M:CEDX was official[/QUOTE]

I tried to vote for pacman twice last week on two different days and I couldn't find it anywhere on the dashboard. I also searched the internet to see which game won and I couldn't find anything.

At this point all we know is that pacman had a lead? and that's all? :cry:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']So just to clarify...there are no promos this time for the House Party like buy all games get ____ free or MS pts rebate?[/QUOTE]

The day after i buy it is when they'll start to have a promo

My friend brought Hard Corps earlier, played it for about 2 hours at his house. It was pretty damn fun, its hard as hell, and theres tons of unlockable abilities/skills. Planning to buy it later tonight (After i 100% Dead to Rights

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back