XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, im loving Hard Corps (Even brought one of the DLC characters). Still not sure on Bejewled this week, never been much of a puzzle-man (Except for Puzzle Bobble and Bust a Move).

So, Pac-Man looks really cool, but I'm a bit confused as to the difference between the regular Championship Edition and the DX version. Is DX a sequel or essentially just an expansion?

Should I get the Championship Edition first or just skip to DX?

[quote name='road3283']So, Pac-Man looks really cool, but I'm a bit confused as to the difference between the regular Championship Edition and the DX version. Is DX a sequel or essentially just an expansion?

Should I get the Championship Edition first or just skip to DX?[/QUOTE]

There is a CE mode included in CE DX, but it is left in the dust by the new modes.
CE DX has a lot more content than CE.
DX stands for Deluxe.

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']Out of curiosity nerdtown, what stick are you planning on using? If it's something with a Sanwa stick inside (The SF4 Fightstick TEs for instance) , then the included / default gate can be swapped between 4-way and 8-way modes.[/QUOTE]

i just picked up the wireless tekken 6 stick, will that work? thanks to cag i got the tekken 6 LE bundle for only $30, i love this place

[quote name='KrayzieKMF']I can't decide if splinter cell chaos theory is worth 600 points[/QUOTE]

If the rumors that the Splinter Cell trilogy HD remakes will be coming to Xbox as well are true, than I'd say wait.

Article on my site about the rumor

I haven't heard anything about it since though, so who knows?

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the download version of Chaos Theory and the Disc one? Do they play the same on the 360, or is there some benefit derived from using the download version?

Does anyone know if either of the monkey islands ever went on sale. I would like to get the second one but I have bad look with buying a game and a few weeks down the line it be the deal of the week.

[quote name='CupsSliceofLife']Does anyone know if either of the monkey islands ever went on sale. I would like to get the second one but I have bad look with buying a game and a few weeks down the line it be the deal of the week.[/QUOTE]

Yup, a couple months ago.

[quote name='CupsSliceofLife']Does anyone know if either of the monkey islands ever went on sale. I would like to get the second one but I have bad look with buying a game and a few weeks down the line it be the deal of the week.[/QUOTE]

Yes they both have been on sale before, and the first one has been on sale multiple times before.

[quote name='eurenix']Does anyone know if there is a difference between the download version of Chaos Theory and the Disc one? Do they play the same on the 360, or is there some benefit derived from using the download version?[/QUOTE]

You don't have to deal with a disc... that is about it.

[quote name='road3283']Should I get the Championship Edition first or just skip to DX?[/QUOTE]

Get DX when it's on sale next week but in the meantime stop by Gamestop to pick up a Sega Superstars Tennis/XBOX Live Arcade double-disc pack for $4.99 used:

Sega Superstars Tennis
Boom-Boom Rocket
Feeding Frenzy
Luxor 2
Pac-Man: Championship Edition
Uno

You have to play them from the disc, but $5 for 6 solid casual games is win. Uno still has online games going at all hours of the night...

EDIT: CE is still 800 points??? wow.

[quote name='panda911']That's a real good deal on that compilation disk. When did that ever come out?[/QUOTE]

That one was a Holiday pack-in with arcades in 2008.

Speaking of which,

Can you guys/gals double check this list before I put it in the OP?
Discs that contain XBLA games

Arcade Compilation:

• Boom-Boom Rocket
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Luxor 2
  • Pac-Man: Championship Edition
  • Uno

Hasbro Family Game Night:

• Battleship
  • Boggle
  • Connect 4
  • Scrabble
  • Sorry
  • Sorry Sliders
  • Yahtzee

Live Arcade Unplugged Vol 1:

• Bejeweled 2
  • Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
  • Hardwood Backgammon
  • Outpost Kaloki X
  • Texas Hold'em
  • Wik and the Fable of Souls

Konami Classics Volume 1:

• Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
  • Frogger
  • Super Contra

Konami Classics Volume 2:

• Contra
  • Rush N' Attack
  • Track & Field

Namco Museum Virtual Arcade:

• Dig Dug
  • Galaga
  • Galaga Legions
  • Mr. Driller Online
  • Ms. Pac-Man
  • New Rally-X
  • Pac-Man
  • Pac-Man Championship Edition
  • Xevious

Plants Vs. Zombies:

• Plants vs. Zombies
  • Peggle
  • Zuma

PopCap Arcade Volume 1:

• AstroPop
  • Bejeweled 2
  • Feeding Frenzy
  • Zuma

PopCap Arcade Volume 2:

• Feeding Frenzy 2:Shipwreck Showdown
  • Heavy Weapon
  • Peggle

Qubed:

• Every Extend Extra Extreme
  • RezHD
  • Lumines Live!

Sega Dreamcast Collection:

• Crazy Taxi
  • Sega Bass Fishing
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection:

• Altered Beast
  • Comix Zone
  • Golden Axe
  • Phantasy Star II
  • Sonic the Hedgehog
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  • Sonic the Hedgehog 3
  • Sonic & Knuckles
  • Streets of Rage

Xbox Live Arcade Play Gaming Pack: (bundled with black wireless controller)

• Bomberman Live
  • Geometry Wars 2
  • Lumines Live
  • Ms. Pac-Man (D/L token only)

Thanx:
Chrono Gear, jputahraptor, sanger, salty tbone, BudzMcGee, kburns10, typical guy

Also, if you feel you contributed to that info and I missed you, let me know and I'll throw your name up there

On the Xbox 360 dashboard I saw Toy Soldiers Full Game on sale now for $10 aka 800 ms points ($5 off). Doesn't state when this sale ends so get it quick if you've been wanting it. (Spotlight)

Would Sonic's UGC technically count though? As far as im aware, in all of those other Compilations each of the games still have 200 achievement points. (As far as achievement whoring goes)

Aside from that, great list

EDIT: Also, MyGamerCard.net closed down? Boo ;(

[quote name='reddjoey']Can you guys/gals double check this list before I put it in the OP?[/QUOTE]

You're missing one disc (aside from the promotional Burger King games which are not available on the Marketplace). There was a rumor of a Critic's Choice Collection from NinjaBee, but it never came to fruition.

Watchmen: The End is Nigh Parts 1 and 2:

• Watchmen: The End is Nigh
  • Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2

I appreciate the thoroughness of your posts. Here's a few notes you might want to add, as well as a some corrections:

Xbox LIVE Arcade [Compilation] (Xbox 360 Arcade 2009 bundle, released in a double pack with SEGA Superstars Tennis):

Xbox LIVE Arcade Unplugged [best to omit Vol 1 for sake of confusion]:

A code for a one month gold subscription is included on a rave card.

Qubed:

• Lumines Live! (includes all DLC except the Booster Pack & Tokyo Club Mix Pack)

SEGA Dreamcast Collection
:

• SEGA Bass Fishing*
  • Space Channel 5: Part 2*
* The Dreamcast Compilation is currently the only way to purchase either of these titles. SEGA Bass Fishing has been given a March 30th release date for XBLA. Space Channel 5: Part 2 is TBA (April?).

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection*:

* This disc has a separate set of achievements (1000 GS) and does not support online play or XBLA title updates. Save files from the XBLA versions are not compatible.

Sonic & Knuckles**

** The version include with the Genesis Collection does not support SEGA's lock-on technology with the three Sonic titles. Aside from owning the actual carts, the only way to access this content is to buy the games through the LIVE Marketplace (or Wii Shop Channel).

Xbox LIVE Arcade Game Pack ("Wireless Controller Game Pack" 2009 holiday bundle):

• Bomberman Live*
  • Geometry Wars 2
  • Lumines Live!
Codes for Ms. Pac-Man and a 48-hour trial are included on a rave card.

* This version of the game had a conflict with the NXE update in November of 2009 that prevented users from downloading title updates and playing online. This has since been corrected in a patch.

[The actual title on the disc is "Xbox LIVE Arcade Game Pack"]

In the spirit of saving money, you might consider adding a subsection for DLC compilation discs:

Borderlands Double Game Add-On Pack (installation only):

• The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
  • Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition
(Disc 2, installation only):

• The Stone Prisoner
  • Warden's Keep
  • Return to Ostagar
  • The Darkspawn Chronicles
  • Leliana's Song
  • The Golems of Amgarrak
  • Witch Hunt
  • Feastday Gifts
  • Feastday Pranks
  • Awakening

Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack (1) (installation only):

• Operation Anchorage
  • The Pitt

Fallout 3 Game Add-On Pack
(2) (installation only):

• Broken Steel
  • Point Lookout

Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition (Disc 2, installation only):

• Operation Anchorage
  • The Pitt
  • Broken Steel
  • Point Lookout
  • Mothership Zeta

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City (standalone single/multiplayer disc):

• The Lost and the Damned*
  • The Ballad of Gay Tony
* Due to changes to the game engine and world map, this version of The Lost and the Damned cannot be played online with those who've purchased it via the Marketplace.

Halo 3: ODST
(Disc 2, Halo 3 standalone multiplayer disc, DLC cannot be installed):

• Heroic Map Pack
  • Legendary Map Pack
  • Cold Storage Map
  • Mythic Map Pack
  • Mythic II Map Pack

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
(Disc 2, installation only):

• Knights of the Nine
  • Shivering Isles

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
(standalone multiplayer disc):

• Undead Nightmare Pack (includes single player campaign)
  • Legends and Killers Pack
  • Liars and Cheats Pack

[quote name='Kerig']Get DX when it's on sale next week but in the meantime stop by Gamestop to pick up a Sega Superstars Tennis/XBOX Live Arcade double-disc pack for $4.99 used:

Sega Superstars Tennis
Boom-Boom Rocket
Feeding Frenzy
Luxor 2
Pac-Man: Championship Edition
Uno

You have to play them from the disc, but $5 for 6 solid casual games is win. Uno still has online games going at all hours of the night...

EDIT: CE is still 800 points??? wow.[/QUOTE]

Definitely in for 1, thanks.

And thank you for the detailed XBLA game compilations OP and EasyReader, been looking for a list like that (the asterisks associated with Sonic's Collection are total bs :/)

^
Yeah I remember when they posted that excuse, but it really doesn't hold water.
All the games on that disc are just ROMs, so they just needed a ROM for Sonic 2 + Knuckles and sonic 3 + knuckles and add a menu item. It wouldn't have been much time at all. They just forgot to license the lockon games

[quote name='dogmae']Yeah I remember when they posted that excuse, but it really doesn't hold water.[/QUOTE]
It's difficult to call BS on the developer's comments unless you have a firm understanding of how emulation code works.

[quote name='dogmae']All the games on that disc are just ROMs, so they just needed a ROM for Sonic 2 + Knuckles and sonic 3 + knuckles and add a menu item. It wouldn't have been much time at all. They just forgot to license the lockon games[/QUOTE]
With the amount of legal work that goes into games, they probably didn't forget to license a few of the Genesis's most popular games. I doubt it's as simple as tossing ROMs on the disc for these specific games. The lock-on stuff probably requires unique code that the other Genesis games on the collection didn't. I think Backbone does thoroughly mediocre emulation work, but that's probably partially due to the restraints of time and budget. They can only do so much.

[quote name='Easy Reader']Xbox LIVE Arcade Game Pack ("Wireless Controller Game Pack" 2009 holiday bundle):

• Bomberman Live*
  • Geometry Wars 2
  • Lumines Live!
Codes for Ms. Pac-Man and a 48-hour trial are included on a rave card.

* This version of the game had a conflict with the NXE update in November of 2009 that prevented users from downloading title updates and playing online. This has since been corrected in a patch.

[The actual title on the disc is "Xbox LIVE Arcade Game Pack"][/QUOTE]

If anyone has this disc and would be willing to trade or sell it, please see my trade list :bouncy:

I own the disc, although I no longer have the case. Would you still be willing to trade?

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']So its basically single player too then and you just have to control both players?

WAIT...does it put you into a split screen anyway? ...or will it recognize your just one player and go full screen and just make you have to control both characters?[/QUOTE]

The Insurgency Pack supports Face-Off (multiplayer only), Hunter, and Last Stand. The latter two modes are available in full screen single-player.

I'd also like to ask anyone if they could please answer if the Ghost Recon content can be played by one person only as well. I'd like to get the extra Chapter 2 missions but will it force me to play in co-op or can I go into them and play through them via single player as well?

The co-op maps can be played alone.

*I know the experience will be diminished since its intended for co-op play but at the sametime I want to be able to play it no matter what and if your forcing me to play it co-op or nothing then its a hassle because in the case that I cant find another person when I feel like accessing that content then the content IMHO becomes just a paper weight.... so to speak.

There's also the problem of the multiplayer servers being taken offline. Fortunately both the GRAW titles and Conviction support local co-op & System Link.

If anyone wants to play the Tom Clancy add-ons hit me up: JDawgg77. I already have the GRAW and Conviction stuff and am debating getting the Hawx and Endwar stuff. Would be awesome to co-op the GRAW stuff.

I'm interested.

Regarding H.A.W.X., Air Supremacy is a collection of all three plane packs (they can be used in co-op, but there's no new co-op content). The All in One Pack adds planes and three versus modes (but H.A.W.X. 2 is still a terrible game). Both DLCs are just disc unlocks.

Endwar sucks, and its DLC is worse.

[quote name='javeryh']I just got an email for 100 free MS points for visiting their VIP site. Anyone else get the email?[/QUOTE]

I got the email, but the link you click on to enter the code is busted...

[quote name='mtxbass1']I got the email, but the link you click on to enter the code is busted...[/QUOTE]

Really? I'd try again. It worked for me and I got the 100 points.

[quote name='javeryh']Really? I'd try again. It worked for me and I got the 100 points.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the spot in the email that says "Enter Passcode Now" is just an image. There is no actual link...

[quote name='mtxbass1']Yeah, the spot in the email that says "Enter Passcode Now" is just an image. There is no actual link...[/QUOTE]

get creative! click on the FAQ or contest rules or whatever, at the top under HOW TO ENTER, it has working link to the place where you input your code. i got a 2nd email this morning with a duplicate code but a working link.

^There are at least two threads in the contest and free stuff forum about the rewards email, please take the convo there.

RedJoey, Other than making some of the additions asterisks that Easy Reader pointed out looks good.

[quote name='waxHead']If anyone has this disc and would be willing to trade or sell it, please see my trade list :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

There's a guy on eBay selling them for $10 shipped if you interested. Got mine recently and it's basically brand new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140499240635&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

[quote name='GregSal1']Hey reddjoey, I just noticed that "Days of Thunder" is now available on xbla for 800 Microsoft points, so it's no longer MIA[/QUOTE]

Major just posted about it too. Downloaded the demo. Worth checking out at least.

[quote name='martyback']Has no one else noticed that Days of Thunder has come out on Arcade today?[/QUOTE]

Check the previous page. Someone else pointed it out and Major Nelson has also posted on his blog about it.

Trouble Witches Neo has FINALLY gotten a rating by the ESRB (I've been checking their site), so hopefully, this is a sign that the game is finally coming out soon (like March). I'll keep an eye out if I find any more information.

2/26 edit: Achievements are now revealed, so I have a good feeling it'll be released in March.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I saw Toy Soldiers earlier today on sale for 800 points on the dashboard under a game marketplace blade.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I saw that as well. Wonder if it's a permanent price drop. Missed out on it when it was on sale in December, might have to pick it up.

Dashboard says "Sale" so I will go with that.

On the note of Sonic Collection disc. I will note that the games generate different GS than the XBLA counterparts along with the other differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back