XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted on TMNT Arcade, now if only X-men Arcade would get down to the 200 points.

Think of all the glorious 90's beat-em ups just waiting for XBLA porting.....

Aliens vs Predator, Punisher, Dungeons & Dragons (FTW!!!), Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, licensing be damned, get it done!

Week of March 7 - Lara Croft Specials

Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light 600 50%
Raziel & Kane Character Pack 200 50%
A Hazardous Reunion Challenge Pack 3 200 50%
All the Trappings Challenge Pack 1 200 50%
T-Rex Pet 123 50%

Week of March 14: St. Patrick’s Day

Clover: A Curious Tale 200 50%
Rock Band - "Bad Luck" 80 50%
Rock Band - Green Day Pack 01 220 50%
Lips - "Some Guys Have All The Luck" 80 50%
Lips - "Chasing Cars" 80 50%
Green Avatar Tux 120 50%
Leprechaun Avatar Prop 120 50%
Green Shamrock Avatar Tee 40 50%
Red Dead Redemption Irish T-Shirt 40 50%
NBA2K11 Celtics Jersey 120 50%

edit: oh and
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Add-ons Sale
March 8 - 14
50%-60% off

Meh, looks like I won't be getting anything from Xbox Marketplace for awhile, save for MvC3 DLC (though I'm getting them for free).

O nice Lara Croft is gonna be on sale again. Might grab it this time.

[quote name='Zonic505']Meh, looks like I won't be getting anything from Xbox Marketplace for awhile, save for MvC3 DLC (though I'm getting them for free).[/QUOTE]

Im tempted for it all. I want to grab PacMan, Beyond Good and Evil, and Torchlight. Now Lara Croft if its on sale next week.

Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light is definitely worth 600 points. Great game. But don't bother with the challenge packs, or at least not "All the Trappings", which I got when it was free. I can't believe they are even trying to charge 200 points for it, let alone 400. It's an 80 point add-on at best, and probably not even worth that. It's basically one short level, and then 3 challenge stanges that are just annoyingly difficult, not fun. Really, don't waste your points on that. I might have the numbers wrong, but that's the idea.

Lara Croft is a great deal for 600 points. Good single player game, great co-op games. The puzzles are actually different in co-op, so even if you played single player you have to rethink how to get past them in co-op.

The Your Shape: FE Platinum cardio boxing is very good and definitely worth the price at 50% off if anyone is currently playing Your Shape. It's a little harder than the gold routine, but has all new combo moves (the gold was the same moves from bronze and silver).

Lara Croft is easy to recommend at 600 points. My husband and I played through the game together and really enjoyed it. The puzzles are great. We really had to work out a few of them.

I got this for free on the PSN network during the gamespot.com screw up where instead of giving codes for a demo, the codes were for the full game. Haven't played it yet...

So was Lara Croft part of the vote that Pac-Man CE DX won? If so, maybe the other items will go on sale in the following weeks. I hope so, I'd like to pick up the Marvel Pinball Tables.

I'll probably end up getting Lara Croft next week, maybe I can convince my fiance to play with me :p

Wish they'd discount this on PSN. Been waiting for a sale on it cause I still have money in my wallet. The main reason I wanna play it is so that I can get the Kane/Raziel character pack. Its been way to long since the last Legacy of Kain.

I can't keep up with these deals anymore... I literally have a xbla backlog of 10-15 games, I spend more time buying then actually playing lol. I'm definitely interested in this game though, I'll probably end up buying anyways ._.

[quote name='louiedog']Week of March 7 - Lara Croft Specials

Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light 600 50%
Raziel & Kane Character Pack 200 50%
A Hazardous Reunion Challenge Pack 3 200 50%
All the Trappings Challenge Pack 1 200 50%
T-Rex Pet 123 50%

Week of March 14: St. Patrick’s Day

Clover: A Curious Tale 200 50%
Rock Band - "Bad Luck" 80 50%
Rock Band - Green Day Pack 01 220 50%
Lips - "Some Guys Have All The Luck" 80 50%
Lips - "Chasing Cars" 80 50%
Green Avatar Tux 120 50%
Leprechaun Avatar Prop 120 50%
Green Shamrock Avatar Tee 40 50%
Red Dead Redemption Irish T-Shirt 40 50%
NBA2K11 Celtics Jersey 120 50%

edit: oh and
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Add-ons Sale
March 8 - 14
50%-60% off[/QUOTE]

was the 2k11 celtics jersey on sale? trying to figure out why i bought it, hope i didnt pay full price :x

Still debating on Prince of Persia, just can't see myself playing it very much. Waiting for Doom 2 or Crazy Taxi to go on sale for 400msp.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']was the 2k11 celtics jersey on sale? trying to figure out why i bought it, hope i didnt pay full price :x[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was on sale for half price a few weeks back along with the lakers jersey and the slam dunk avatar animation.

I've played through this game to 100% completion (all challenges done) and it never got old. Just a very very well-designed game. Of course, I played through the entire thing with a friend :]

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I spend more time buying then actually playing lol.[/QUOTE]
Same here. I spend way more time buying, thinking of what I'm going to buy, and looking for deals than actually playing the games.

There's probably quite a few CAGs like that.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Same here. I spend way more time buying, thinking of what I'm going to buy, and looking for deals than actually playing the games.

There's probably quite a few CAGs like that.[/QUOTE]

that's actually what I'm doing right now, I have nothing to do for the next 4 and a half hours, I have an HDTV and a nice 360 running right next to me, yet I'm on here, looking into what to buy next, while I have a shelf full of games and a harddrive full of more games, lmao. oh well

I spend a LOT more time hunting the deals than I do actually playing the games. It's a bit embarrassing, but at least I have a lot to do whenever I fall into complete financial ruin.

Probably get the Lips songs because I have people over to karaoke and maybe someone will sing them. Not any I would enjoy though.
Going to get Raziel & Kane Character pack for tomb raider. I've been wanting to play through it again and this way I might get a bit more replay out of it.
The rest I'll pass on.

Add me to the list of CAGs with an XBLA backlog (in addition to a regular backlog). I've found that keeping a post in the "Completed Games" thread helps me keep working on my backlog. The problem is that, while I complete a good amount of games each year (imo), I tend to buy atleast double than what I play.

Me too on the obsessive compulsive CAGing. I will never have time to play 20% of these games but I got some great deals and end up selling/trading many for equivalent prices down the road.

I also have an XBLA backlog, and I think I'm going to have to start firing them up when I buy them so they get logged to my played games list. Space crunch on the 360 HDD means I have to delete stuff, and the download history is a pain to scroll through to find the stuff I haven't played.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Same here. I spend way more time buying, thinking of what I'm going to buy, and looking for deals than actually playing the games.

There's probably quite a few CAGs like that.[/QUOTE]

[crunchewy raises hand sheepishly]

CAG is our refuge, not our cure.

[quote name='KASPENN']Still debating on Prince of Persia, just can't see myself playing it very much. Waiting for Doom 2 or Crazy Taxi to go on sale for 400msp.[/QUOTE]

You said it man, I'm waiting on those two games to drop as well. After giving the POP demo a shot, I'm not going to bite. Sounds like an XBLA backlog beast for me, and once I beat it under the hour mark I doubt I'd play it again. Maybe if it were 200 MSP...

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']that's actually what I'm doing right now, I have nothing to do for the next 4 and a half hours, I have an HDTV and a nice 360 running right next to me, yet I'm on here, looking into what to buy next, while I have a shelf full of games and a harddrive full of more games, lmao. oh well[/QUOTE]

Same. I made a new years resolution to work through the backlog before I go crazy buying anymore and so far its working about 50% of the time.

I am happy though as I have been having more fun playing games (obviously) than searching for deals to be honest.

Like for example last night I was going through Uncharted 2 (finally) and was thinking WTF I shouldve played this a long time ago instead of being obsessed thinking about what I am going to buy next.

Once I am done with that I will take a look at the backlog of 100+ games I have never even taken the wrap off of and choose.

EDIT: In my defense, its not that I dont/didnt want to play them quickly. I did. I bought them at a great price with the full intention of getting to them. But I work in Real Estate and the job has really turned into a 24/7 deal, so being that real life sucks, I have been struggling to find the time to play them and be able to look for deals. Its been one or the other with the short time I do have. Unless of course I lose sleep time and I have cutt back as far as I can go without feeling dizzy all day. (3-4 hrs a night)

[quote name='emg28']Add me to the list of CAGs with an XBLA backlog (in addition to a regular backlog). I've found that keeping a post in the "Completed Games" thread helps me keep working on my backlog. The problem is that, while I complete a good amount of games each year (imo), I tend to buy atleast double than what I play.[/QUOTE]
dude, i just checked your games, why does your sig contain games not even remotely finished?

Lara Croft is fantastic. Definitely get it.

The challenge packs are tougher to recommend. Each 4 levels, 2 are survival, the other 2 are either puzzles or a puzzle and a gauntlet. Not a lot of meat there, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back