XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if I'll get Deadliest Warrior on friday. I'll download the demo and try it out, it's only 200 points.

Alien Breed 2: Assault is now available to purchase for 400 points. The buy option wasn't available this morning, and now AB2 isn't listed in the extreme shopping sale on the dashboard.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']
Unless you never made a Xbox live purchase before your joined rewards that's why you didn't get it. When it says first purchase, it mean your very first purchase ever, not just after you joint rewards.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, is it the same deal on the 100 points for netflix activation as well?

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I don't have any of these except Costume Quest, what's a must buy?[/QUOTE]

My personal order of best to worst ...

Arcade Games

• Monkey Island 2 : LeChuck's Revenge
• Costume Quest
• A Kingdom for Keflings
• Gyromancer
• Doom II
• Defense Grid: The Awakening
• 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2
• Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution
• Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault
• Darwinia+
• After Burner Climax
• Quake Arena Arcade
• Crazy Taxi
• Zeit²
• Unbound Saga
• Faery: Legends of Avalon
• Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels

Game Add-ons

• Red Dead Redemption - "Undead Nightmare Collection"
• Halo Wars - "Halo Wars Historical Battle Map Pack Add-on"
• Halo Wars - "Halo Wars Strategic Options Add-on Pack"
• Mirror's Edge - "Mirror's Edge Pure Time Trials"
• 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 - "Fairy Tales Map Pack"
• Red Dead Redemption - "Undead Nightmare Pack" (buy the Collection^^)

Everything on April 1st I already have, except deadliest warrior. For 200 points I guess I might as well jump.
Going to get Gyromancer for sure (game is worth about $5), Darwinia+, and Unbound Saga. Also might get Costume Quest since this is like the only time it's been on sale this good.
I'm not going to have much free time tonight, that's for sure.

Damn, I take the dog to the vet and the dog park and MS drops some bombs. I'll update the OP as soon as I can

EDIT: Okay, I'm tight on time. (I still have to drive to 80+ miles to see Video Games LIVE tonight) I'm going to get all the links to xbox.com up today. I'll then do metacritic and quick looks, then DLC info.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Thanks, is it the same deal on the 100 points for netflix activation as well?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. If you set up Netflix on your 360 before joining the program, you're not getting the points. I actually did the Netflix activation after joining and have yet to see the points added to my account. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

[quote name='emg28']Yeah. If you set up Netflix on your 360 before joining the program, you're not getting the points. I actually did the Netflix activation after joining and have yet to see the points added to my account. I'm not sure what I did wrong.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I figured that it would be the same. I guess at least I received the points for renewing a 12 month gold card last month and hopefully will get the 5% back for the msp I'll be spending this week on these sales.

I never thought I would be that guy but here goes...

Damn. I, literally, bought the Fable III Understone DLC just minutes before the sale info was posted on here. The good thing is that I'll be getting 5% back on the 400 points I spent on it. :\

Also, bought Raskulls, A World for Keflings, the Worms Battle pack and the new Fable III DLC. I'll probably end up buying RDR: Undead Nightmare and Unbound Saga. The latter will be worth it just to get my point balance back to a nice even 1500.

Extreme Shopping Sale Week (Xbox Live Marketplace) Plus Discounts Only on April 1st.

Arcade Games

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
A Kingdom of Keflings [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Crazy Taxi [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
3D Ultra Minigolf 2 [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Costume Quest [xbox.com] - 1200 Microsoft Points 600 Microsoft Points
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Faery: Legends of Avalon [xbox.com] - 1200 Microsoft Points 600 Microsoft Points
Gyromancer [xbox.com] - 1200 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
DOOM II [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Quake Arena [xbox.com] - 1200 Microsoft Points 800 Microsoft Points
Zeit 2 [xbox.com] - 800 MS Points 400 Microsoft Points
After Burner Climax [xbox.com] - 800 MS Points 400 Microsoft Points
Alien Breed 2: Assault [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Darwinia + [xbox.com] - 1200 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Defense Grid [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Unbound Saga [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 160 Microsoft Points

Game Add-ons

Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Collection [xbox.com] - 1600 Microsoft Points 1000 Microsoft Points
Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare Pack [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Halo Wars Historical Battle Map Pack Add-on [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
Halo Wars Strategic Options Add-on Pack [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points
3D Ultra Minigolf 2- Fairy Tales Map Pack [xbox.com] - 240 Microsoft Points 120 Microsoft Points
Mirror's Edge - Pure Time Trials [xbox.com] - 800 Microsoft Points 400 Microsoft Points

Fierce Moves - Break Dancing [xbox.com] - 320 Microsoft Points 160 Microsoft Points
Black Horned Samurai Costume Male [xbox.com] | Female [xbox.com] - 240 Microsoft Points 120 Microsoft Points
Minotaur [xbox.com] - 240 Microsoft Points 120 Microsoft Points
Star Wars: Chewbacca Wookiee Costume Male [xbox.com] | Female [xbox.com] - 320 Microsoft Points 160 Microsoft Points

Also, I'm fairly certain the Halo Wars DLC on sale is the DLC you get codes for that comes with the platinum edition, which is pretty much the only version still in stores.

[quote name='lunasicc']Do I need Red Dead Redemption game in order to play the Undead Nightmare Collection?[/QUOTE]

I think you do unless you buy the disc version

[quote name='DemonsMaster']I think you do unless you buy the disc version[/QUOTE]

I knew it was required for the separate DLC, just thought this was the same as the disc version of the Undead Nightmare Collection. Thanks for the info..

Edit:

Did a quick Google Search and it seems like you don't need the original game to play the Undead Nightmare Collection. The original disc is only for the separate DLCs.

[quote name='lunasicc']I knew it was required for the separate DLC, just thought this was the same as the disc version of the Undead Nightmare Collection. Thanks for the info..

Edit:

Did a quick Google Search and it seems like you don't need the original game to play the Undead Nightmare Collection. The original disc is only for the separate DLCs.[/QUOTE]

Sweet deal, I would recommend picking up Red Dead when you get the chance anyways, amazing game and you would enjoy the nightmare story a lot more

Hmm, the RDR collection is very tempting. I don't have the game yet but I really, really want to pick it up and I've heard nothing but good things about the DLC.

Would buying the game with this collection pack be just like getting a GOTY edition they release later? Because 26 bucks on amazon for the game plus the 1000 points for the DLC is a good deal.

There are some good deals in the regular sales, but those one-day April 1 sales are very disappointing. Only four things, none of which were particularly well-received. Oh well, I guess I don't need even more games I don't have time to play ;)

went and bought a 1600 pt card so I could get the new Mass effect 2 dlc...and then just found out about the sale....lol....Mass Effect 2 is n hold. Downloaded:

Alien Breed 1
Alien Breed 2
Min Golf Adventures 2
Unbound Saga

And with the leftover 240 pts I bought a Rango head avatar item. :)

[quote name='DemonsMaster']Sweet deal, I would recommend picking up Red Dead when you get the chance anyways, amazing game and you would enjoy the nightmare story a lot more[/QUOTE]

I actually did have the game and beat it. Really enjoyed it. Just decided to sell it and use that money for another game since I didn't plan on continuing playing it until Undead Nightmare was released (which was for another few months since I beat the game).

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Deadliest Warrior is 400 pts after 75% off? That doesnt seem right> i bought it the week t came out and I think it was only 800 pts.[/QUOTE]

I believe it should say 200 pts

I will probably get raskulls but need to demo it first. Is deadliest warrior any good?

Tried the demo for gyromancer this morning. Not very good imo.

The only other game that seems tempting is costume quest....

All the Battlefield DLC is gonna be up to Half Off including the Vietnam DLC.

It'd be great if i didn't literally just buy Vietnam two days ago...sigh

Got Alien Breed 2, Darwinia, Unbound Saga, World for Keflings, and Costume Quest... Man did my MP drop after that run. I'm gonna be busy for a long while.

[quote name='emg28']Faery: Legend of Avalon is showing up at 600 points for me. The OP has it at 400 points.[/QUOTE]

It's normally a 1200 point game, so 600 points is 50% off. The OP has the percentage right, and the number of points wrong.

Has anyone played this? The graphics look really cool, but the reviews seem mixed. I'm wondering if it's worth it or not, but I probably won't have time to check out the demo before the sale is over.

Well home from work.......time to head off to "MS" bankrupt points land

Doom II
Costume Quest
Worms: Battle Pack
Darwinia+
World of Keflings

and maybe Unbound Saga

and on April 1st

Deadlist Warrior and Comic Jumper

[quote name='arcane93']It's normally a 1200 point game, so 600 points is 50% off. The OP has the percentage right, and the number of points wrong.

Has anyone played this? The graphics look really cool, but the reviews seem mixed. I'm wondering if it's worth it or not, but I probably won't have time to check out the demo before the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

There are some gameplay vids on youtube that should give you a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpglDXfxiwI&feature=channel_video_title

That guy has more gameplay vids that show it off.

Got the Metacritic links up. GiantBomb and xbox.com is a little to much to pull from the 3G Hot Spot going 80mph down the interstate, so I might not get those links up till much later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

That was a metric crap-ton of new stuff on sale. As always, thanks Reddjoey for sorting it all out.

I have 1200 points left and three games I'm considering:

World of Keflings
Costume Quest
Comic Jumper

Tried the demo of each and they all seem worth it (and if Costume Quest was 400 points, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up all three). For those who've played them all the way out (or at least past the demo), recos on which two to pick up? Thanks!

[quote name='reddjoey']Got the Metacritic links up. GiantBomb and xbox.com is a little to much to pull from the 3G Hot Spot going 80mph down the interstate, so I might not get those links up till much later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.[/QUOTE]

Can't you drop to 70mph and get those links up?

jk - Thanks for all of the updates

[quote name='fatboyjam']That was a metric crap-ton of new stuff on sale. As always, thanks Reddjoey for sorting it all out.

World of Keflings
Costume Quest
Comic Jumper

Tried the demo of each and they all seem worth it (and if Costume Quest was 400 points, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up all three). For those who've played them all the way out (or at least past the demo), recos on which two to pick up? Thanks![/QUOTE]

costume quest and world of keflings

havent played keflings but i won comic jumper and the only reason i even bothered to play through it was to unlock captain smileys head for my avtar

[quote name='fatboyjam']That was a metric crap-ton of new stuff on sale. As always, thanks Reddjoey for sorting it all out.

World of Keflings
Costume Quest
Comic Jumper

Tried the demo of each and they all seem worth it (and if Costume Quest was 400 points, I wouldn't hesitate to pick up all three). For those who've played them all the way out (or at least past the demo), recos on which two to pick up? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Costume Quest was a ton of fun. It won't challenge you at all but the writing is great and it oozes charm the entire way through. It's got that Double Fine magic for sure.

World of Keflings is very laid back. There's really no challenge here either, you just keep building new things and manage your little keflings. If you've played Kingdom it's very similar but much better. It's a lot of fun to sit back and relax with a co-op partner.

Comic Jumper has the best FMV I've seen in a game. It's crude and not very subtle, but it's done so well that it works. It's one of the funnier games I've played in a long time. That said, I didn't care for the gameplay at all. Enemies are bullet sponges and it felt like a chore for me to dispatch with them. I quit after playing about 2/3 of the game and I'm not sure if I'll go back. I may just watch the rest of the cut scenes on youtube.

For me, personally, the first two are the better games. They also have the easiest achievements.

AWESOME sale. Only two for them remaining I don't have is Quake Arena (33% doesn't seem like a deep enough deal since it appears no one plays it and it was reviewed poorly) and Crazy Taxi (I know I'll end up with the disc, so spending the $5 now seems like a stupid double dip)

My week haul:
So far: 3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures 2 (400), Costume Quest (600), Faery (600), Doom 2 (400), Zeit2 (400), Alien Breed 2 (400), Unbound Saga (160), Worm 2 DLC (200)

Thanks as always reddjoey. You have Faery listed at 400, but it is 600.

So far I picked up Costume Quest, which I had been waiting for a sale since it came out, and Mirror's Edge Trials. I've never seen that on sale, and loved the game so I went for it. I have a feeling I'll be getting at least a couple more games, maybe BF: Vietnam before the week is through. I don't even own BF2 yet, but a sales a sale!

Edit: Just got Alien Breed 2, and will definitely be getting Comic Jumper on the 1st. What a cool surprise to see this morning when I first booted up the 360.

About to hit a big dead zone, so I can't do too much more. I got the Quick Looks up. I will fix the marketplace links to go directly to the item and add the DLC info/breakdown tomorrow.

As always, thanks for the patience while I am constantly updating the OP.

So, I need some help on some feedback on some games I like to get, I always value the feedback on CAG.

First is Unbound Saga any good?

Secondly, I was a huge fan on Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast, will it still hold the same appeal on the 360?

Third, 3D Ultra MiniGolf 2 is that a fun mini golf game?

Plus anymore games that are on sale any good? I didn't like Alien Breed, DOOM II, Quake Arena Arcade, and Keflings seem boring after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back