XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Whew... got Costume Quest, Unbound Saga, Crazy Taxi, and Monkey Island 2.

But if that news about BC2:Vietnam being on sale is true, then my patience has paid off! I have considered buying that for months, would be the best sale of the week for me :D

Thanks OP. I'll consider both Alien Breed games. Though I was hoping they would've put the older Mass Effect 2 DLC on sale as well to push sales for the Arrival DLC. Totally regretting not purchasing it back in December.

I grabbed:
World of Keflings
Costume Quest
Beyond Good & Evil HD (already have it for the Gamecube)

How long will Raskulls be on sale for? I imagine a deal of the week would last err a week? So will it be on sale through next Monday?

[quote name='sagecooker']So, I need some help on some feedback on some games I like to get, I always value the feedback on CAG.

First is Unbound Saga any good?
Secondly, I was a huge fan on Crazy Taxi on Dreamcast, will it still hold the same appeal on the 360?
Third, 3D Ultra MiniGolf 2 is that a fun mini golf game?
Plus anymore games that are on sale any good? I didn't like Alien Breed, DOOM II, Quake Arena Arcade, and Keflings seem boring after awhile.[/QUOTE]

all of your questions can be answered by downloading the DEMOS and seeing for yourself. its all subjective, but you can read through the last few pages to get an idea of how people here feel.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Will the Undead Nightmare Collection go lower or should I bite at 1000 points?[/QUOTE]

Jambi says no, buy now. Unless you really like the MP, skip the collection it and just get the UN chapter, which is EASILY worth the $5 entry fee.

[quote name='reddjoey']About to hit a big dead zone, so I can't do too much more. I got the Quick Looks up. I will fix the marketplace links to go directly to the item and add the DLC info/breakdown tomorrow.

As always, thanks for the patience while I am constantly updating the OP.[/QUOTE]

No, thank you for keeping it up to date.

[quote name='FlamedLiquid']its already been reported that they are alll the deals.[/QUOTE]

In that case I guess I can make all my purchases then, nothing I wanted out of those 4 items.

Wow, Ill definitely be picking up comic jumper for 400 pts, I've been waiting for it to go on sale again since I didnt pick it up when it was 800 back in december i think.

kinda regret grabbing deadliest warrior back in december at 400 pts, as I've barely played much of it....200 would have been nicer :)

I know it's not a sale, but to someone who already owns Beyond Good and Evil--for the GameCube, which is stashed away elsewhere--is the HD version of it worth it?

I really, really loved the game when I first got it years ago. I'm just wondering if for a second go-round I should pay to download or dig out my GameCube.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']800 MSP. It's not even worth the two dollars. It's pretty bland and repetitive.[/QUOTE]Is it better than Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime at least? Most CAGs got it for free, but even then it was terrible. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

This has been updated in the OP of the official XBLA Thread, it today only in a different region, cuz its a weekly deal for me.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I know it's not a sale, but to someone who already owns Beyond Good and Evil--for the GameCube, which is stashed away elsewhere--is the HD version of it worth it?

I really, really loved the game when I first got it years ago. I'm just wondering if for a second go-round I should pay to download or dig out my GameCube.[/QUOTE]

I'd say think of it as a donation to the dev team and Ubisoft for a good game. Support it and we might get a sequel.

I'm looking at these sales and they finally slashed the price on the map packs and game modes of Halo Wars but am I silly to still think 400 MPs is still too much lol?!

[quote name='Microshock']All the Battlefield DLC is gonna be up to Half Off including the Vietnam DLC.

It'd be great if i didn't literally just buy Vietnam two days ago...sigh[/QUOTE]
Any truth to this?

[quote name='Ma12kez']Is it better than Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime at least? Most CAGs got it for free, but even then it was terrible. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

GhostBusters is the better game. It's senseless fun. You don't even get enough points to upgrade your character until later. I was so close to buying it because of the price. It's not worth it. Download the demo and check it out for yourself. I would only keep playing if it was free...

[quote name='UnrealZero']I figured not to many people checked the main so I made a new thread so it could the sales could spread around more![/QUOTE]

I doubt RedJoey appreciates someone trying to take away readers from the main thread... He puts a lot of work into this one. Also, another thread produces clutter.

I have a quick question. I just bought undead nightmare the day before it went on sale, do you think they will give me a refund for what the other half or am I just screwed. Haha this sucks, thanks for the replies.

Have to comment and say Gyromancer is worth it for that price. Story sucks but the gameplay is like a combo of Magic the Gathering and Pokemon with jewels swapping.

Man, I am super super happy for this sale! I bought Raskulls, Alien Breed 1 and 2, Faery, Gyromancer, Doom 2, Costume Quest, and I'm waiting for April 1 to roll around so I can cash in on cheapo Fallout DLC.

'Course, having bought all this, what's left to look forward to going on sale? I feel like MS just blew their load here.

[quote name='Goodbyemrcool']We do get 5% back on all purchases made in March according to Xbox Live Rewards.[/QUOTE]
Do purchases have to be made through the xbox rewards account? I assume yes. Sucks, I didn't know this and bought Raskulls/Worms battle pack through the dashboard, but I still have quite a few more things to get.

I LOVE beat-em-ups. I absolutely do. Anything that involves grabbing, throwing, and pounding skulls of thugs of any sort, given the brawler pacing and not the hack and slash DW/DMC pacing (Those are good games but they are different.), I'm on that like white on rice. I mean, fuck, I bought The Warriors Street Brawl XBLA, and that was a giant turd.

Yet even for $2, I would not sentence myself to that crap. Unbound Saga is terrible. Flatly terrible. Offensive to all the senses. That anyone mentions Comix Zone in the same sentence as this is a grave insult, which is saying a lot because Comix Zone was a classic but by no means superlative. Nobody knew what they were doing with this. They just apparently played X-Men Arcade once and called it a day. No charm, no wit, nothing but half-hearted drivel from tip to toenails. Do not even waste your time with the demo. You'd be better off with Warriors Street Brawl or, better, X-Men Arcade, and neither of those are that good either.

Zeit 2 though, try that crap out. It's got some cute gimmicks. I think it might be worth $5 but I have to dig into the demo again.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I LOVE beat-em-ups. I absolutely do. Anything that involves grabbing, throwing, and pounding skulls of thugs of any sort, given the brawler pacing and not the hack and slash DW/DMC pacing (Those are good games but they are different.), I'm on that like white on rice. I mean, fuck, I bought The Warriors Street Brawl XBLA, and that was a giant turd.

Yet even for $2, I would not sentence myself to that crap. Unbound Saga is terrible. Flatly terrible. Offensive to all the senses. That anyone mentions Comix Zone in the same sentence as this is a grave insult, which is saying a lot because Comix Zone was a classic but by no means superlative. Nobody knew what they were doing with this. They just apparently played X-Men Arcade once and called it a day. No charm, no wit, nothing but half-hearted drivel from tip to toenails. Do not even waste your time with the demo. You'd be better off with Warriors Street Brawl or, better, X-Men Arcade, and neither of those are that good either.

Zeit 2 though, try that crap out. It's got some cute gimmicks. I think it might be worth $5 but I have to dig into the demo again.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was wondering why Unbound Saga it was so cheap. I'll check out the demo, but I'll likely pass on it

Its about time that the Halo Wars DLC became deal of the week. Me and my friends have been waiting for that to happen for over a year and a half!

Got Alien Breed 1&2 and Doom 2.

I don't see any reason to buy Kingdom for Keflings when World of Keflings is also 400 points. World is better in every way.

[quote name='Thaster']Its about time that the Halo Wars DLC became deal of the week. Me and my friends have been waiting for that to happen for over a year and a half![/QUOTE]

You're not the only one, lol still debating picking them up though.

[quote name='harry hood']Do purchases have to be made through the xbox rewards account? I assume yes. Sucks, I didn't know this and bought Raskulls/Worms battle pack through the dashboard, but I still have quite a few more things to get.[/QUOTE]

As long as the account (ie. your Gamertag) you bought them with on the dashboard is the same account you signed up for the Xbox Rewards Program with, you should be good to go.

Damn, wish I had read about the 5% back thing before I went into the sale because I went into it as a silver member and looks like it's a gold-exclusive offer...

Anyone know if it works retroactively? If I redeem a 1 month card right now will I still get 5% back on everything I bought in March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back