XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Blade']I almost bought Unbound Saga, then I read what you said about it. It would be free to me, since I won 1600 MSP in a contest. Scott Pilgrim gave me faith in brawlers again, after playing some truly horrid games like Fighting Force in my era; it seems I'm better off keeping those 160 MSP for a Scott Pilgrim sale, or two not-so-bad Indie games.[/QUOTE]

It's funny you mention Fighting Force because that was the second thing that popped into my head when I tried the demo for Unbound Saga (the first was Comix Zone).

Ooh, 1943 is on sale. Wonder if I should pick that up.

Still hoping for a Torchlight sale, although I'm guessing that will be a ways off...

Im set for awhile on games now:

Got the 2 Alien Breed games
Monkey Island 2
Darwinia
Costume Quest
Faery

Might put more in for the comic jumper. Debating on that one. I hate missing stuff I might want later when it goes on sale.

I played alien breed 3 I was surprised and liked it. How is one and 2 Also I have the undead disc is the nightmare pack different? TIA

Great deals

I picked up Unbound Saga. I played it on the PSP awhile back and thought it was pretty fun. Definitely worth $2 to play a game with a buddy online. I am also picking up the Vietnam DLC next week, too. Been waiting for a sale on that since release.

[quote name='Idx86']Ooh, 1943 is on sale. Wonder if I should pick that up.[/QUOTE]

It's a great XBLA title, definitely demo it at least. If you used to play BF 1942 back in the day and liked it, 1943 for this price is a no brainer. Really easy to just pick up and play and have a good time, and there are always reasonably full matches to dive into.

[quote name='gunstar808']
I really wanted to like Comic Jumper, but watching the QL, feedback from players, and playing the demo, all have me resisting it. [/QUOTE]
Comic Jumper is a game better watched than played. Nothing special outside the funny

[quote name='Rsmobile']Comic Jumper is a game better watched than played. Nothing special outside the funny[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Sadly the demo is misleading in that it is by far the funniest portion of the game (imo). The rest of the game wasn't as funny to me.

[quote name='Idx86']Ooh, 1943 is on sale. Wonder if I should pick that up.

Still hoping for a Torchlight sale, although I'm guessing that will be a ways off...[/QUOTE]
Torchlight will be on sale in 3 or 4 months I think. Raskulls/A World of Keflings are from End December/begin January and are now on sale already

[quote name='Idx86']Ooh, 1943 is on sale. Wonder if I should pick that up.

Still hoping for a Torchlight sale, although I'm guessing that will be a ways off...[/QUOTE]

You SHOULD pick up 1943! It's a great game. Slower paced because of the WWII weapons and vehicles, but super fun. I bought at launch (2009) and still play the hell out of it.

I played the Faery demo last night. It seems like a pretty standard turn-based fantasy RPG, if bite-size. The major difference is that your movement is entirely flight-based, which is alright. Also, when you level up, your "skills" are actually metamorphoses, which was kind of cool. Might be worth 600 points.

World of Keflings now makes me think of Toy Story 3's Toybox mode, but since I've been enjoying that with a friend, 400 points seems like a great way to continue that kind of gameplay.

I'm sure there are worse ways to spend 1000 points.

I spent a solid hour on the Faery demo last night and I'm not 100% how I feel about it. Has a little bit of that old school N64 charm to it, but I'm not a huge turn based combat fan... also, fairy butt.

Any comments on After Burner? Tried the demo and still on the fence, about how long does it take to play through the entire game?

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I spent a solid hour on the Faery demo last night and I'm not 100% how I feel about it. Has a little bit of that old school N64 charm to it, but I'm not a huge turn based combat fan... also, fairy butt.

Any comments on After Burner? Tried the demo and still on the fence, about how long does it take to play through the entire game?[/QUOTE]

After Burner? If you are really good it can take as little as 20 minutes to reach the "end." That might seem short, but it's a literal arcade style game.

What makes After Burner replayable is unlocking more "options." As you do more tasks (shoot down x planes, etc), you unlock more augments to the ruleset to make the game easier/harder/fun such as rapid fire, unlimited boost or a larger reticle. Add to that the optional missions and multiple ending, leaderboards and medals and it can be very time consuming. If you see someone who unlocked the Avatar Helmet that are a bad mofo when it comes to After Burner.

Raskulls is a cruel mistress! The game starts out holding your hand, then at chapter 2, it's standing there giving you the finger. Seriously, the difficulty spike in this game is maddening! But at 400 MS points, I couldn't resist.

Great sales, finally picked up Costume Quest. Also snagged World of Keflings. Will pick up the Fable 3 DLC and the Fallout NV DLC on the 1st. Patiently waiting for DR2 Case West to go on sale sometime in the future, along with Torchlight and a few others.

[quote name='JCDogg911']April 1st sale not going to be a joke literally is it?[/QUOTE]

I think there's a reason why they chose those two games for Fool's day.

I'll get comic jumper just because it seems to have the same vibe as Eat Lead (Matt Hazard), but the only way I would touch Deadliest Warrior is if it were free.

[quote name='Spybreak8']Best DLC for Xbox 360 retail games imo are -> Shivering Isles for Oblivion, Episodes from Liberty City for GTAIV, Broken Steel for Fallout 3, Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2, Vietnam for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, General Knoxx for Borderlands, Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise and Undead Nightmare for RDR. Just the ones I can think off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

Add Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 and The Passing for L4D2 (primarily for the always-expanding mutation mode) and this could be an official Top Ten list.

[quote name='topplehat']I played the demo and the game felt so hollow and lifeless without hte music and "landmarks". Sorta strange that the removal of advertisements lessens the game for me.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Crazy taxi is a game i used to love.. But played the demo..again.. Ugh.. The music is crap, the port is as someone else put it, lazy. Since I still have my dreamcast and have it on disc, i can't warrant the purchase...even if only for achievements-which didn't seem that easy. So.. no thanks..

But plenty of other titles on sale that are must buys! (costume quest-:)

[quote name='Cheapskate']Lack of ilomilo sale makes me a sad panda.[/QUOTE]
LOL.. I think I either thought, or said that same line! That is funny. Great minds think alike!

[/QUOTE]:whee: Can't believe the Mirror's Edge DLC finally went on sale. I've been waiting for that to go down in price forever. That has made my day. Between the sales now and the sales coming up (hooray, Vietnam!) I'm going to burn through points like they're nothing.

Picked up:
-Mirror's Edge DLC
-Crazy Taxi.[/QUOTE]

Is the Mirrors edge good?? I am on the fence.. I like the game but don't know much about the dlc, other than it is a trial-runs... Easy achievments? fun??

I liked the raskulls demo enough to pick it up.

Tried the gyromancer demo and didn't care for it.

Tried the deadliest warrior just bc it's on the top downloaded list, and I'm at a loss as to why anyone would buy that crap.

Costume quest im dithering on. It has that earthbound feel but im sure I would get bored of it quickly. 600 pts seems a lot for a game I would play once and forget but still...

I need to try alien breed, nothing else on that list really entices me.

Bf1943 is tempting but I have more multiplayer shooters than I have time to play already.

Really want torchlight but since I have it on steam there's no way I'm going to pay full price for it.

Yeah I would like to purchase Torchlight again tho on XBLA to support Runic, but I guess I can wait for a deal on it, that and Beyond Good and Evil HD. I will be very happy the day one of those two goes on sale.

Doesnt look like I will pick anything up, maybe Dead Money.

imo torchlight has more content than a lot of xbla games, but it's not worth the full price. i mean i got it for $2.50 for steam and im happy with it but i wouldn't pay more than $5 for it

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I played the Faery demo last night. It seems like a pretty standard turn-based fantasy RPG, if bite-size. The major difference is that your movement is entirely flight-based, which is alright. Also, when you level up, your "skills" are actually metamorphoses, which was kind of cool. Might be worth 600 points. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I spent a solid hour on the Faery demo last night and I'm not 100% how I feel about it. Has a little bit of that old school N64 charm to it, but I'm not a huge turn based combat fan... also, fairy butt.

Any comments on After Burner? Tried the demo and still on the fence, about how long does it take to play through the entire game?[/QUOTE]

Yea, I'm kinda torn on Faery too. The game obviously has a lot of jank to it, but I fell in love with the ability to just haul ass flying around. Wish the game was 400 instead of 600, that'd be a much easier pill to swallow.

And After Burner is amazing. It's the kind of game you play through in one sitting. Three times.

After Burner is a typical flashy arcade game. Play it once or twice for some cool wows and never visit it again. Still, good for the price.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Oddly enough, I did not much care for Scott Pilgrim. It got a lot of the fundamentals right, but botched just as many. A half-cocked RCR clone, really, but what was there was quality. I don't regret it, but I DO regret that it might prevent another game of Double Dragon Advance's quality from being made if people maintain that beat-em-ups should copy Scott Pilgrim.

That said, if they DID copy Scott Pilgrim, it would not be a HUGE loss. I'm ambivalent. Some good, some bad.

Deadliest Warrior? I have NO clue why that's on the top of the XBLA charts, but Castlevania HD's undeserved spot up there confounds me further. Still, nothing really wrong with DW, but it is still pretty dumb. The popularity of the thing signals a lot about either the appeal of pirates fighting knights or people's joy at a different style fighter. Heart hopes the latter but my cynic half leans toward the former. A game you know 100% if you'll enjoy it from the demo. I recommend you all give it a shot, because you probably would have to go back to Bushido Blade to find a game similar to it. Something different, totally worth a shot at least.

If you need an excuse to NOT buy Alien Breed (I don't see the appeal in them meself), the entire trilogy is on Steam, and since it IS on Steam, you can expect better sales there than you ever will on XBLA. XBLA sales... it's nice to see them, but I still don't trust them like I trust Steam... which works out for XBLA because I pay more, but maybe not as I buy less.

Rush'N'Attack, the new one. Tried the demo... it... it feels SO CLOSE to a fantastic game but it's so far off the mark. I cannot recommend it. In fact, I recommend just skipping it.

By the way, if you need to drop excess points on indie games, lemme recommend Shoot 1up and Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess. Both are novel ideas that... at least for the former, are light on the sort of ALL CAPS INDIE annoyances you expect. Former is a shmup where ALL of your lives are in play at once, you control a whole fleet/formation of ships not unlike Galaga Reunion or whatever that one was, but with a much more conventional shump style. Great quality. Monsters is a score attack game where you double jump up a large tower, trying to gin up a good combo of touching each platform once and only once. It's short, but the simple joy of the quality controls and often "just right" mechanics give it a level of polish you would not expect from the Flash-ish art and the irritating overuse of the word AWESOME and all the other annoying quirks of that little greasy INDIE subculture.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rapsodist']It's funny you mention Fighting Force because that was the second thing that popped into my head when I tried the demo for Unbound Saga (the first was Comix Zone).[/QUOTE]

Does anyone else find it funny that a mod deleted what I posted, but not the replies it generated? fucking mods. I'm not able to post my opinion of Fighting Force or something?

Thanks to rapsodist for quoting my post so I could repost it:

"I almost bought Unbound Saga, then I read what you said about it. It would be free to me, since I won 1600 MSP in a contest. Scott Pilgrim gave me faith in brawlers again, after playing some truly horrid games like Fighting Force in my era; it seems I'm better off keeping those 160 MSP for a Scott Pilgrim sale, or two not-so-bad Indie games."

[quote name='Blade']Does anyone else find it funny that a mod deleted what I posted, but not the replies it generated? fucking mods. I'm not able to post my opinion of Fighting Force or something?[/QUOTE]

This post?

[quote name='Rsmobile']After Burner is a typical flashy arcade game. Play it once or twice for some cool wows and never visit it again. Still, good for the price.[/QUOTE]

Pfft, the first playthrough is just the tutorial. The game doesn't start until you get auto-boost.

I picked up Costume Quest and both of the Kefling games. I'm debating on Monkey Island 2. Argghhh I'm spending too many points.

so apparently X-men will be 200 in the German Marketplace during April 1. If i create a german account, if i buy 200 points from ebay, will they work on the german account?

[quote name='Spybreak8']
Best DLC for Xbox 360 retail games imo are -> Shivering Isles for Oblivion, Episodes from Liberty City for GTAIV, Broken Steel for Fallout 3, Lair of the Shadow Broker for Mass Effect 2, Vietnam for Battlefield: Bad Company 2, General Knoxx for Borderlands, Big Surf Island for Burnout Paradise and Undead Nightmare for RDR. Just the ones I can think off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Kerig']Add Minerva's Den for Bioshock 2 and The Passing for L4D2 (primarily for the always-expanding mutation mode) and this could be an official Top Ten list.[/QUOTE]

Oh nice, yeah can't believe I forgot those.

Probably going to grab the Undead Nightmare pack for RDR. Is it worth the extra for the Collection rather than just getting Undead Nightmare?

[quote name='DigitalE']Probably going to grab the Undead Nightmare pack for RDR. Is it worth the extra for the Collection rather than just getting Undead Nightmare?[/QUOTE]
If you play a lot of MP i would say it is worth it. Other than that no, not really

[quote name='11anthony']If you play a lot of MP i would say it is worth it. Other than that no, not really[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the advice. I don't really play much MP outside of Black Ops and Halo Reach.

[quote name='marineal']so apparently X-men will be 200 in the German Marketplace during April 1. If i create a german account, if i buy 200 points from ebay, will they work on the german account?[/QUOTE]

probably not, points codes are almost always region locked. i tried to think of a way of snagging this deal, but dont know that there is.

[quote name='mattrobertsjr']whats the difference between world and kingdom kefling[/QUOTE]

World is the sequel and is improved in pretty much every way. I would get World and skip Kingdom if I were you, unless you really want both.

[quote name='marineal']so apparently X-men will be 200 in the German Marketplace during April 1. If i create a german account, if i buy 200 points from ebay, will they work on the german account?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. This gives me a hope of a similar sale in the future for NA though. Game was way over priced at 800 points.

Well...I hot about 2000 points worth of stuff...Some of the stuff I'm not interested in and some could still go down in price in the future...I'll wait for those items. Just glad doom 2 was on sale...Now all I want for cheap are Duke Nukem 3D, 'Splosion Man, Perfect dark, and a few more...Come on MS!

a lot of sales but nothing for me. hopefully something good will pop up on the 1st. I havn't bought anything off the marketplace since PAC-MAN!

Costume Quest is a super CUTE game, I enjoyed it very much. However, it is way overpriced at 1200 msp, but at sale price I can easily recommend it.

Source? Why not in the US!?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drawingboard']Can anyone recommend Comic Jumper? I bought 'Splosion Man for sale, on a whim, and that game sucked ass. Is Comic Jumper a trial & error game too?[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda in this boat. Played Splosion Man @ my brother's place and it's awful. One of the most over-rated games I've ever played. BORING! Was tempted to buy it for the $2 but then remembered how much I hated it.

I played Comic Jumper's demo and it also plays pretty bad. The game is a mess but at least this game is mildly amusingly funny. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this as well but then I get the feeling it's going to go SUPER cheap like Splosion Man did. I'd buy it without hesitation for $2 but $5 seems like the appropriate price for this game given their track record. It's towards the bottom of my long list of pickups this week. I'll probably decide tonight what all I'm getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back