XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up Costume Quest and MI2:SE. Major Tim Schafer connection there.
I plan on purchasing Dead Money on April 1st as well.
This is a pretty solid sale.

[quote name='EarthKing']...Now all I want for cheap are Duke Nukem 3D, 'Splosion Man, Perfect dark, and a few more...Come on MS![/QUOTE]
I'm hoping for another deal on Duke 3D since I missed the last time it was on sale.
[quote name='xeno']i shall be getting comic jumper since i enjoyed the demo.[/QUOTE]
FYI, the full game is one of the most repetitive games I have ever played. Towards the end I couldn't wait for it to be over. The charm wore off very fast. But you can't beat $5.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I've talked about it at length. No. Comic Jumper does not get better than the demo. In fact, it probably gets worse.[/QUOTE]
Totally missed your post. I agree 100%. It seriously felt like work towads the end. The anime levels in particular made me want to gouge my own eyes out. Jeff Gerstman and several other game journalists said the same thing when it first released. I still love Twisted Pixel though. The Maw is very under rated and of course 'Splosion Man is awesome.

I did pick up Alien Breed 2 (already had Alien Breed 1 from a $5 sale, c'mon sale on Alien Breed 3!) and After Burner. I'm thinking about getting Mini-Gold as well. Any opinions on that? I'm about to try the demo.

[quote name='vivafriend5']I found a UK site reporting that region's specials for April 1. I can't confirm it as being valid for America, but the list is interesting.

Here it is![/QUOTE]

X-Men for 200? Nice...To bad the price not coming to the US :(.

[quote name='EarthKing']X-Men for 200? Nice...To bad the price not coming to the US :(.[/QUOTE]

It could always be an unannounced sale. I'm kinda hoping it does make it's way here. Already 100%ed it at my brother's place anyway so it would be just to kick around every now and then. Definitely worth 200 points.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It could always be an unannounced sale. I'm kinda hoping it does make it's way here. Already 100%ed it at my brother's place anyway so it would be just to kick around every now and then. Definitely worth 200 points.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully that's the case...I enjoyed the demo but at $10...It is way overpriced!

[quote name='menikmati']Downloading the trial for Monkey Island 2, I loved the first one and hopefully this one will be well worth $5.[/QUOTE]

As someone who has played at least one of the Monkey Island games every year since the early 90s, I feel comfortable saying that if you loved the first you should definitely get the second.

One thing to keep in mind too is in the deals and specials section of the xbox dashboard it lists some games that got a permanent price drop in the month of march. Logic would suggest that on April 1st some new games, add ons, etc would get a permanent price drop as well. Just a thought...

I know Unbound Saga is supposed to be a crap game, but the I decided to d/l the demo after someone's suggestion that it's like buying a 160ms points comic book avatar prop that comes with a crap game...and when the intro opened with the line "I had that dream again. The one with the rabbits," I was like "omg, buying!"

Surely I can't be the only one who still remembers The Maxx?

The text in Costume Quest scrolls by so fast. Does anyone know if the "Grubbins on Ice" DLC fixes the issue at all? Maybe an option to adjust it?

Did some Google searching, but best I found was something from November 2010 saying the DLC might fix the issue. Any confirmations?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Xmen arcade will be 200 ms points on April 1st also. Just got word via major Nelson himself. This of course for U.S. Residents.[/QUOTE]

source?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Xmen arcade will be 200 ms points on April 1st also. Just got word via major Nelson himself. This of course for U.S. Residents.[/QUOTE]

It's also mentioned in the Crazy Larry video up now on the dashboard.

[quote name='Archaic']I thought I'd heard that the RDR Undead game didn't require the original disc, but this seems too good to be true. Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

the DLC on xbla requires the regular RDR disc. The only way you don't need the regular RDR disc is if you get the undead nightmare on disc (which is bundled with all the DLC). This plays stand alone without the RDR disc (i.e. you can't install the content and sell it back and still have it).

I picked up World of Keflings, Raskulls, 3D Ultra MiniGolf Adventures 2 + DLC, and Unbound Saga.

Anyone play Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution or Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault?

[quote name='reddjoey']We just had one in December[/QUOTE] Yes that was the month my Internet was down I was sooo mad.

The new video on the dashboard of "Crazy Larry" said that X-Men is part of the April 1 special sale. At 200 points it might be worth it!

EDIT: Looks like people above me beat me to it lol

[quote name='Rodster']Anyone play Alien Breed Episode 1: Evolution or Alien Breed Episode 2: Assault?[/QUOTE]
Curious about this too. The demo of the first one was fun but are the full games worth getting for 400 a piece?

[quote name='Cheapskate']I know Unbound Saga is supposed to be a crap game, but the I decided to d/l the demo after someone's suggestion that it's like buying a 160ms points comic book avatar prop that comes with a crap game...and when the intro opened with the line "I had that dream again. The one with the rabbits," I was like "omg, buying!"

Surely I can't be the only one who still remembers The Maxx?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I reacted almost the same. I was all "There should totally be a The Maxx game."

[quote name='Cheapskate']I know Unbound Saga is supposed to be a crap game, but the I decided to d/l the demo after someone's suggestion that it's like buying a 160ms points comic book avatar prop that comes with a crap game...and when the intro opened with the line "I had that dream again. The one with the rabbits," I was like "omg, buying!"

Surely I can't be the only one who still remembers The Maxx?[/QUOTE]

The rabbits with Molotov cocktails won me over too. Then the line about wanting to be a veterinarian as he looked at a photo of a cute puppy... maybe it's just my dumb sense of humor but couldn't help myself.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']It's also mentioned in the Crazy Larry video up now on the dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. For 200 I will likely have to grab X-men as well. Got most of the achievements when I was staying at my buddies house, but for that price I'll certainly get my money worth out of it.

One of my kids, freshly stocked with points from his birthday this past weekend, picked up World of Keflings. Nice timing!

I'm mulling over the idea of getting the Worms DLC. But I haven't really even played the game since I bought it the last time it was on sale. Hmm. I do like Worms-type games, but I actually only played some clone on my old Palm PDA, not the real thing. At least I don't think it was the real Worms.

[quote name='chipper_95']Curious about this too. The demo of the first one was fun but are the full games worth getting for 400 a piece?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. $5 is a no brainer.. Especially if you have a co-op partner.

Wow. Just ran a spreadsheet of all the stuff I'm thinking about buying during this sale and I come up with 7880 points/$98.50 (That's assuming that X-Men goes on sale as well). Makes me just a little bit nervous to drop that much dough at once but I have enough points and I still have 9600 points coming in the mail soon.

Someone I follow on twitter said they bought Defense Grid for 200 points. Has it been this low before? I'll cross it off my list if it has been. I could only find a mention of last April Fools it being on sale for the same 400 points. I've been checking to see if any of these games have been cheaper and so far only find equivalent sales.

Speaking of twitter, I asked SEGA on twitter about the possibility of Virtual-On going on sale again and they said they weren't aware of any possible sales in the future. I really want to snag this but it has been on sale before so I'm really hoping it goes on sale again (soon!). Of course if I buy all the stuff on my list I'll be plenty busy for a while.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Absolutely. $5 is a no brainer.. Especially if you have a co-op partner.[/QUOTE]

I don't play co-op, i've read based on a couple of reviews that the first and second game likes to throw mass aliens at you so that's where it helps having two people to take care of business. Is that true? If so i'll have to pass on both.

Unbound Saga is a steal at 160 MPP, awesome game. :bouncy:

[quote name='ravens52bears54']I'm hoping for another deal on Duke 3D since I missed the last time it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

This! Maybe when DNF releases?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']we're getting Deadliest Warrior for 200[/QUOTE]

I don't really see this as a good thing, this was the fighting game made for this generation of gamers that only enjoyed Call of Duty and/or watch Spike Channel all the time. This game is also clearly a Bushido Blade rip-off, that blows

[quote name='Cheddahz']I don't really see this as a good thing, this was the fighting game made for this generation of gamers that only enjoyed Call of Duty and/or watch Spike Channel all the time. This game is also clearly a Bushido Blade rip-off, that blows[/QUOTE]

Bushido Blade is awesome.

[quote name='biledriver']Bushido Blade is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Bushido Blade is awesome. Best fighter known to man...

Now, there's a game that should get ported to XBLA and PSN

[quote name='imretarded']Oh snap! Just watched Major's Minute on my Xbox, and he said XMen would also be 200 points on April 1st.[/QUOTE]

BOUGHT.

Err, buying.

Eh, screw it. Bought. This message was written from the future.

[quote name='Rodster']I don't play co-op, i've read based on a couple of reviews that the first and second game likes to throw mass aliens at you so that's where it helps having two people to take care of business. Is that true? If so i'll have to pass on both.

Unbound Saga is a steal at 160 MPP, awesome game. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

The co-op levels in Alien Breed are separate from the story mode. With that said, quit being antisocial and play with friends. :p

Maybe a dumb question, but do the Fallout 3 DLC ever go on sale? I repicked up FO3 recently to play through it again and I've never played the DLC. I have a bunch of points saved up so I want to grab them but wasn't sure if I should wait or not.

[quote name='Rodster']I don't play co-op, i've read based on a couple of reviews that the first and second game likes to throw mass aliens at you so that's where it helps having two people to take care of business. Is that true? If so i'll have to pass on both.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']The co-op levels in Alien Breed are separate from the story mode. With that said, quit being antisocial and play with friends. :p[/QUOTE]
Agreed. But yeah, solo and co-op are aeparate. The cheevos, at least in AB1, are a bear though.
[quote name='bsmiff']This! Maybe when DNF releases?[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping. I'm glad I got Manhatten Project when it was on sale. Not the greatest game but well worth $5.

Didn't spend as much on this sale as I would have thought I would.

So far bought Costume Quest, Zeit2, and Raskulls and will buy x-men if that is indeed going to be 200.

Still undecided on a few others though. Nobody answered when I asked earlier, but does Worms 2 still have an active online community?

Otherwise, only other two I'm unsure of (I think) is Unbound Saga, 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures. The former reminds me a bit of Comix Zone which I enjoyed and seems a bit wacky, plus it's only $2. The latter, it feels like it's lacking, but maybe I'm imagining things.

X-men arcade for 200? Yes please! I thought it was way overpriced but I'm definetly picking that up for that price on Friday.

With all these good deals, I hadn't noticed that Borderlands was $20 on Games on demand. I know the GOTY version is going to be that price during gamestops power saver sale but is the dlc worth me putting the disc in every time I want to play? I know that sounds super lazy but here's my case in point: I had Fable II on a normal disc and could not bear to play it. Then when it was free on the marketplace (due to glitch) I picked it up and completed the game. I guess I liked the convenience of having a game I like to play (FIFA, COD, etc) and then an RPG on my xbox that could boot up quickly and play a quest or two. I'm not a big fan of RPG's but I have played borderlands and did enjoy it until I got stuck somewhere. So thoughts?

[quote name='chickenbutt']XMen worth the 200 if I like beat em ups like Streets of Rage?[/QUOTE]

Play the demo. If you don't like it don't buy it. If you do like it, ask yourself if you want to keep playing for another 20 minutes doing the same thing and nothing else. If so, buy it.

I loved the game when it was in the arcade, but it hasn't aged well and the port is lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back