XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bajingo']well, if i were you i would wait a long while before starting the DLC. i was a pretty high level character and still got my ass kicked a lot bc of the hard enemies and lame weapons. of course you can turn down difficulty.... also, at least one of the achievements tied to the DLC requires you to pass a speech/science check that you need to have level 100 for. does that make sense, since you havent started yet?[/QUOTE]

Cool...thanks for the info. I am an achievement whore so I would definitely want to get those. I think I will get it. I liked the other DLCs for FO3 and they never dropped below $5 so this will most likely be the best price.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I bought the LE off Amazon a few months ago for about $30. Should I pick up this DLC then? I haven't gotten around to play it yet. I'm assuming it's not in there since the LE's obviously aren't being made anymore and I assume this isn't Day 1 DLC. Is the DLC installed from the PH edition like the Fallout 3 GOTY or do you have to run it off the disc?[/QUOTE]

As someone else mentioned, the Halo Wars DLC in the Platinum version is on a card, so won't be able to do a buy and return with gamestop.

So I had never played Darwinia+ before, and decided to demo it last night on account of the sale... very interesting game. Unique. Reminded me of "Reboot" for some reason. Anyone have thoughts on it? Kind of not liking the fact half of the achievements are tied to online play...

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
edit: also, i read somewhere that the Undead Nightmare Bundle with all the Red Dead DLC works without having to have the actual game, is this true?[/QUOTE]

This has been asked countless times in this thread. No, the DLC requires the disc. You can buy a standalone Undead Nightmare Collection disc at retail that does not require you to have RDR, but the DLC you download off the marketplace requires the original RDR disc.

Totally getting XMen for 200 points, that's insane.
If you would like to do the online achievements together, send me an XBox message (GT: MulticronX).

[quote name='crunchewy']That Chewbacca costume is freakin' weird looking. How'd they screw that up so bad?[/QUOTE]

they have some thing where costumes have to have a head piece and a body piece, so when you make chewi look like his can take his head off like a helmet, he looks like a stupid avatar outfit.

[quote name='100xp']they have some thing where costumes have to have a head piece and a body piece, so when you make chewi look like his can take his head off like a helmet, he looks like a stupid avatar outfit.[/QUOTE]

With that said, I still don't understand why they don't make all the avatar pieces interchangeable even if they're sold as a full outfit/costume.

Between getting in on the 5% off points spent Rewards Promo, this week long mega sale, and the April 1st deals, I am going to be setting an all time record for two day spending on Xbox Live. I already spent something like 5000 points yesterday.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Between getting in on the 5% off points spent Rewards Promo, this week long mega sale, and the April 1st deals, I am going to be setting an all time record for two day spending on Xbox Live. I already spent something like 5000 points yesterday.[/QUOTE]

when was the 5% off points spent rewards promo. reading your post just made me realize how fucked up it would be if the xmen for 200 points was an april fools joke by microsoft.

[quote name='frpilot']when was the 5% off points spent rewards promo. reading your post just made me realize how fucked up it would be if the xmen for 200 points was an april fools joke by microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Major Nelson specifically said that it wasn't a joke. :D

[quote name='crunchewy']Costume Quest is great! I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm just waiting for the DLC to go on sale now.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed the demo and it's been on my "buy when it's on sale" list for a while, but now that it *is* on sale I'm hesitating a little bit. The general feel and humor of the game were great but I'm concerned that the combat would get really repetitive and the rest of the game wouldn't be enough to keep it from being boring. Is that not really the case though and it's worth 600pts?

[quote name='Althax']Thanks for that tip about gyromancers demo not doing it justice. I tried the demo but wasnt super impressed.

Still I was tempted when I noticed this morning that it was on sale for 400 and not 800 like I originaly thought. Think I might just pick it up. I liked puzzle quest but got burned out towards the end of it and having to refight low level enemies over and over really irritated me. How does it compare to puzzle quest?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering the same thing. I like the Puzzle Quest games but my wife is a *huge* PQ fan... both 1 & 2 are pretty much the only things she plays on the DS. But I seem to remember when I tried the demo for Gyromancer back when it first came out I wasn't too into it... it seemed more difficult and less fun than PQ. How is the game different from the demo? Maybe it's just the difference between playing match-3 games on the 360 rather than a DS/iPhone. Is that not really a big deal once you get used to it though?

As always: thanks for the tips and feedback, CAGs!

[quote name='brkptr']I really enjoyed the demo and it's been on my "buy when it's on sale" list for a while, but now that it *is* on sale I'm hesitating a little bit. The general feel and humor of the game were great but I'm concerned that the combat would get really repetitive and the rest of the game wouldn't be enough to keep it from being boring. Is that not really the case though and it's worth 600pts?[/QUOTE]

As much as I love Costume Quest--I really do!--even I'll admit there's not much variety or depth to the game. It's fun to try out new costumes when you get them, but you'll probably end up sticking with a select few for battle.

The game isn't anywhere near long enough to make you feel like it fulfilled its potential, but that shortness of length also means it ends smartly, right at that point when you might start to get bored with it. (Sorry, I know that's a complex statement.) I'd wager that anything more ambitious would require a full effort akin to a retail title, so I'm okay with what Costume Quest is and isn't. If you buy this game, you're not getting a full-course meal, even for an XBLA title, but it's a delectable bite that you'll surely remember with fondness.

I bought it around halloween, when it came out. It's a good game, but not worth the initial price of 1200, 600 is around where it should be, but more so probably should have released at 800 and been on sale for 400 right now. It's a cute/enjoyable game, but it does get a bit repetitive and I can't see having much fun with it outside of october- fall season.

[quote name='brkptr']
I'm wondering the same thing. I like the Puzzle Quest games but my wife is a *huge* PQ fan... both 1 & 2 are pretty much the only things she plays on the DS. But I seem to remember when I tried the demo for Gyromancer back when it first came out I wasn't too into it... it seemed more difficult and less fun than PQ. How is the game different from the demo? Maybe it's just the difference between playing match-3 games on the 360 rather than a DS/iPhone. Is that not really a big deal once you get used to it though?

As always: thanks for the tips and feedback, CAGs![/QUOTE]

I picked up Gyromancer for 400 this week and am maybe about halfway through the story. It's a decent enough game for 400 points. IMO, it's nowhere as good as Puzzle Quest since the "meta" game stuff (activities outside of the actual puzzle battles) are very minimal. In PQ you had item crafting, shops, learning spells, training mounts, optional quests, etc. In Gyromancer all you really have is selecting which 3 monsters you want in your party, which you can only change between levels. You can revisit levels to find more treasure and monsters to summon, but that's about it. Sometimes the frequency of battles is very high and can become tedious. There also isn't much variety to the puzzle gameplay. There are occasionally blocks in the level that can only be cleared by meeting certain conditions (like doing a 3x cascade), but there's nowhere near the variety of PQ & PQ2's other puzzle modes (lock picking, monster capturing, and so on). So basically you really have to like core puzzle mechanics to enjoy this game. The full game becomes a bit more challenging than the demo (moves where you don't match anything hurt you more), and you have a larger number of monsters to select from, but that's about it.

I'd suggest looking out for Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, which is coming out on XBLA in April. I played the DS version, and that game is fantastic.

Crazy how I can't find one server of people playing DOOM 2 online. If anyone else picked it up and wants to play some DM or co-op, FR me: nah dew

Anyone know where to look and when to see a list of the "April 1st" only sales? Or will it just swap at 3 AM EST?

[quote name='Cantaloup']I picked up Gyromancer for 400 this week and am maybe about halfway through the story. It's a decent enough game for 400 points. IMO, it's nowhere as good as Puzzle Quest since the "meta" game stuff (activities outside of the actual puzzle battles) are very minimal. In PQ you had item crafting, shops, learning spells, training mounts, optional quests, etc. In Gyromancer all you really have is selecting which 3 monsters you want in your party, which you can only change between levels. You can revisit levels to find more treasure and monsters to summon, but that's about it. Sometimes the frequency of battles is very high and can become tedious. There also isn't much variety to the puzzle gameplay. There are occasionally blocks in the level that can only be cleared by meeting certain conditions (like doing a 3x cascade), but there's nowhere near the variety of PQ & PQ2's other puzzle modes (lock picking, monster capturing, and so on). So basically you really have to like core puzzle mechanics to enjoy this game. The full game becomes a bit more challenging than the demo (moves where you don't match anything hurt you more), and you have a larger number of monsters to select from, but that's about it.

Thanks
I'd suggest looking out for Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, which is coming out on XBLA in April. I played the DS version, and that game is fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that impression I think I'm going to go ahead and pass on that one.

I kinda feel bad for the people releasing games in this environment. I tried the Islands of Wakfu demo and it's an utterly gorgeous game, seems like it might be a fun Secret of Mana type if the damn tutorial ever ends, and you even get to play as an awesome dragon thing. Basically it hits every right note for me.

But there's no way in hell I'm not waiting for a sale.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I kinda feel bad for the people releasing games in this environment. I tried the Islands of Wakfu demo and it's an utterly gorgeous game, seems like it might be a fun Secret of Mana type if the damn tutorial ever ends, and you even get to play as an awesome dragon thing. Basically it hits every right note for me.

But there's no way in hell I'm not waiting for a sale.[/QUOTE]

I think that is the big reason we have stopped seeing almost any 400 msp games being released. I think the prices have been risen for various reasons and one of them is how successful these sales are. If people are going to wait even if a game is 800 points then raise it to 1200 so they will snatch it at 800 or 600.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']I kinda feel bad for the people releasing games in this environment. I tried the Islands of Wakfu demo and it's an utterly gorgeous game, seems like it might be a fun Secret of Mana type if the damn tutorial ever ends, and you even get to play as an awesome dragon thing. Basically it hits every right note for me.

But there's no way in hell I'm not waiting for a sale.[/QUOTE]

I looked at the pics of that game and secret of mana is exactly what I thought of. I will have to try the demo.

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']do people still play Battlefield Vietnam?[/QUOTE]

i do all the time, servers are contantly full and easy to find

[quote name='Dark Lord Greg']do people still play Battlefield Vietnam?[/QUOTE]

myself and a few buddies of mine decided to buy it a few weeks back at full price. we simply got bored of Black Ops.

15 min after playing it we all regretted not getting it when it was first released. We generally try and play a couple hours a week. So far we have always had a full game every time, the community for this game is still very large.

In for Comic Jumper tomorrow for 400 MS points. Trial was decently fun, don't think I could go wrong for the price unless someone strongly feels it isn't even worth the 400

[quote name='nypickle']In for Comic Jumper tomorrow for 400 MS points. Trial was decently fun, don't think I could go wrong for the price unless someone strongly feels it isn't even worth the 400[/QUOTE]

from what people have posted here, the game never gets any better than the demo. From what some have said, it actually gets worse.

So am I the only one seeing X-men for 800 still?

EDIT: WOAH. NVM. I went the whole day thinking it was April 1st... I'm gonna to bed...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']from what people have posted here, the game never gets any better than the demo. From what some have said, it actually gets worse.[/QUOTE]

Well those are some words to take into consideration. Thanks for the feedback.

[quote name='patches48']So am I the only one seeing X-men for 800 still?[/QUOTE]

I see 800 as well, probably because the sale goes live tomorrow

[quote name='Brother Daz']from what people have posted here, the game never gets any better than the demo. From what some have said, it actually gets worse.[/QUOTE]But there's a level where you're in a manga riding a unicorn to shoot down flying black things and school girls from Hent High Tentacle School in school buses with wings & then fight a giant, live-action head of a kid who shoots lasers from his eyes, black snot from his nose, and spits out mines from his mouth.

That alone was worth the $15 I spent on the game. But yeah, it's mainly side-scrolling shooting plus some Space Harrier/Sin & Punishment style gameplay thrown in.

I should also mention for those who don't know, you can buy a theme, 2 gamerpics, and a bonus level (1 single & 1 multiplayer) for 'Splosion Man (you HAVE to have the game, though) in-game, plus earn 2 avatar awards.

[quote name='Zonic505']But there's a level where you're in a manga riding a unicorn to shoot down flying black things and school girls from Hent High Tentacle School in school buses with wings & then fight a giant, live-action head of a kid who shoots lasers from his eyes, black snot from his nose, and spits out mines from his mouth.

That alone was worth the $15 I spent on the game. [/QUOTE]
I wholeheartedly agree.

For the 5% back through Xbox Live Rewards, do I have to do anything or can I just make a purchase through the dashboard and the Rewards program will know it?

[quote name='shrike4242']It's the new add-on for COD: Black Ops, not the older game.[/QUOTE]

LOL WUT?

[quote name='KPunk']myself and a few buddies of mine decided to buy it a few weeks back at full price. we simply got bored of Black Ops.

15 min after playing it we all regretted not getting it when it was first released. We generally try and play a couple hours a week. So far we have always had a full game every time, the community for this game is still very large.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here COD is getting kinda stale, going to get a few friends to pick this up too

It should be able to know that you bought stuff and will figure it out once the month is over. I bought 1,600 points worth this month (perhaps the lowest I've spent in a month), so I'm only getting back $1.

So I though I would try out Comic Jumper....but it looks like that might take a while as the file for this game is HUGE (1.92 GB)

people are complaining about Unbound Saga for $2..really? I've seen lots of people on here talk about buying avatar items, add-on dlc and other stuff that is nowhere near worth their purchase price. but a full game that gives you achievements, leaderboards, avatar awards, online play for 160 ms points is a good deal. "the maw" is 1 game that is way overrated and then again, lots of games by twisted pixel are like that such as splosion man. Anyways, xmen is a must purchase. Still debating on whether or not to get 3D Ultra Minigolf 2..

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back