XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='intoxicated662']people are complaining about Unbound Saga for $2..really? I've seen lots of people on here talk about buying avatar items, add-on dlc and other stuff that is nowhere near worth their purchase price. but a full game that gives you achievements, leaderboards, avatar awards, online play for 160 ms points is a good deal. "the maw" is 1 game that is way overrated and then again, lots of games by twisted pixel are like that such as splosion man. Anyways, xmen is a must purchase. Still debating on whether or not to get 3D Ultra Minigolf 2..[/QUOTE]
Unbound Sage should have been a free game, it's above Yaris but below Doritos.

As for Twisted Pixel games being overrated? Yeah, that's why Capcom stole from them, one of the largest game companies wanted a bad game and was willing to steal for it.

[quote name='Solder']Anyone know where to look and when to see a list of the "April 1st" only sales? Or will it just swap at 3 AM EST?[/QUOTE]

It will likely show up on under the same panel on Xbox live as the mega sale, or you can just use the links in the OP tomorrow.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']With that said, I still don't understand why they don't make all the avatar pieces interchangeable even if they're sold as a full outfit/costume.[/QUOTE]

probably due to some copyright/trademark law/practice. lucas would have a fit if boba fett was in a tron outfit.

I've never been so torn over an XBLA sale in my life.

So I've narrowed my purchases down to strictly A World of Keflings, Comic Jumper (depending on how I like the demo), and the RDR Undead Nightmare add-on. I've actually decided to just sell off my PS3 version of RDR to Goozex since the Undead Nightmare add-on is never on sale over on that side of the fence. Yet for 360 it's been on sale twice in the past few months. Besides, I've heard the Undead Nightmare add-on is quite a large file and I'm not even sure I can get it on my PS3 harddrive. I could get the disc version but I have no interest in the other packs and for 400 points, it's a real steal from what I've heard. Besides, the 360 version of RDR is available on Goozex for even less points than what the PS3 one goes for so I'll actually turn a marginal profit (of points).

Is it pretty much decided that A World of Keflings is superior in every way to Kingdom of Keflings? I considered getting both since the price is so low but I'm not sure if there's a point. Is there anything in Kingdom that's sorely missed in World?

I also tried the Unbound Saga demo. Not sure where all the hate is coming from, especially from a game that costs 160 points. I might get it strictly for the Avatar Award (comic book stack), which would probably sell for 200-300 points on the marketplace anyhow. The game's not great by any stretch so I'm toying with the idea of whether or not I really NEED an extra game, but it seems worth the price of admission to me.

Tried the Faery demo...I thought the whole always-flying thing was unique, and the Mass Effect style dialogue trees seemed interesting. I was about to buy it, when I remembered it was 600 and not 400. If it was 200 it'd be an instant buy, 400 a hesitant buy...but 600, ehh, not feeling it I guess.

[quote name='metallicoholic']Is it pretty much decided that A World of Keflings is superior in every way to Kingdom of Keflings? I considered getting both since the price is so low but I'm not sure if there's a point. Is there anything in Kingdom that's sorely missed in World? [/QUOTE]

I have a review here where I go into detail about the various improvements that have been made to the second game. However, it's possible that if you enjoyed World Of and are craving more, you might enjoy Kingdom For as an additional adventure. Just keep in mind that you might get a little frustrated going back to the first after playing the second, and knowing how much better it could be.

[quote name='biledriver']Nope. I reacted almost the same. I was all "There should totally be a The Maxx game."[/QUOTE]

Here's the video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOerAhqGv4&feature=youtube_gdata_player Guess I'm in for $2. Lol, I totally remember that show.

[quote name='CaoPi']Do these deals go live at 12 AM 4/1/11?[/QUOTE]

as far as I can remember they just happen in the mornings, no need to wait around hoping for midnight. Besides it would probably be based on midnight PST if it would come out at midnight.

Finally got around to trying world of keflings and it's got charm, hopefully a 400 points worth of charm cause it got me to buy.

Kind of hoping the sale stuff tomorrow goes "live" a little early and we can buy them earlier and maybe sneak in on that 5% back thing.

Okay so I bought a TON of Stuff on sale but I'm still flailing on a few things and would like some opinions:

Zeit2-Demo was alright but the controls feel reversed to me and they can't be changed. : /
Darwinia+-Demo was inconclusive-seems kinda cool but not convinced. Also someone mentioned a lot of the achievements are online. Thats a disappointment.
Halo Wars DLC-Thinking I would try to find a used copy that has an unused code (possible but not likely)

I already bought all of the following/will for sure buy:
World of Keflings
Raskulls
Worms 2: Armageddon
Worms 2: Battle Pack
A Kingdom for Keflings
After Burner Climax
Costume Quest
DOOM II
Gyromancer
Unbound Saga
Comic Jumper
Deadliest Warrior (Almost bought it during the last holiday sale so 200 points I'm definitely in)
X-Men
Fable III: Understone Quest Pack

I also just bought 9 Game Room games. I figured they are never going to go on sale and the 5% discount is the best I'm going to get. There's still a few more games I'd like to snag but I think that's more than enough points to burn through for the month's bonus return.

Finally, thinking of buying the Border Collie avatar pet from the Fable III avatar shop. Anyone think it might go on sale in the future? Border Collie is my favorite breed so this is soo tempting to buy while I can still get reward credit.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']For the 5% back through Xbox Live Rewards, do I have to do anything or can I just make a purchase through the dashboard and the Rewards program will know it?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the late reply, but I didn't see anyone else that answered your question.

As far as I know, you just have to sign up at the rewards.xbox.com site with the same Hotmail account as the gamertag that you buy the games with and that should be all you have to do. Shouldn't matter if you buy the content from the Xbox website or on the dashboard.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay so I bought a TON of Stuff on sale but I'm still flailing on a few things and would like some opinions:

Zeit2-Demo was alright but the controls feel reversed to me and they can't be changed. : /

[/QUOTE]

IIRC the controls have to be changed in your system settings. I'll boot up the 360 and verify in a few

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Kind of hoping the sale stuff tomorrow goes "live" a little early and we can buy them earlier and maybe sneak in on that 5% back thing.[/QUOTE]

i was actually just checking the rewards page and now it looks like they will be giving back 5% on all purchases in april as well. i plan on buying a few things in tomorrows one day only sale so this works out great.

Damn all the stuff I bought tonight (about $20 worth of additional goodies) will not count towards the bonus because xbox.com says it's already 4/1. Doubt they will include that content but I'll be sure to tell them if they don't.

EDIT: if Stanton is right then I'm good to go. :)

Wonder if they're doing the 5% back as a test-run to see how sales are and possibly consider making it permanent as a "reward" of the reward system.

I couldn't resist and picked up Raskulls & Costume Quest, planning for Comic Jumper & Xmen tomorrow to round out my 1600 from Tigerdirect. Half-price games on a half-price xbox points card? Yes, please! Wish they'd do these "blowout" sales more often, once every month or so.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Damn all the stuff I bought tonight (about $20 worth of additional goodies) will not count towards the bonus because xbox.com says it's already 4/1. Doubt they will include that content but I'll be sure to tell them if they don't.

EDIT: if Stanton is right then I'm good to go. :)[/QUOTE]

You should definitely be good to go, mine also says:
Stay Gold and earn 5% back on all your April Marketplace purchases!*

guess I didn't have to rush on Costume Quest before midnight.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Damn all the stuff I bought tonight (about $20 worth of additional goodies) will not count towards the bonus because xbox.com says it's already 4/1. Doubt they will include that content but I'll be sure to tell them if they don't.

EDIT: if Stanton is right then I'm good to go. :)[/QUOTE]

i had the same concern, i bought around 4000 points worth of stuff this afternoon but my download history says i bought it all on 4/1.

Glad to see 5% back in April as well. Had to wait till payday (4/1) to pickup more. (Spent 2200 already!)

About problems with Zeit2 controls

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/zeit2/review.html
Before getting into what makes Zeit Squared tick, there's one issue that warrants mention. You may fire up the game and find that pushing the analog stick up moves your ship down, and vice versa. With no option to invert controls in the Help & Options menu, this unintuitive switch can be maddening. Fortunately, the issue is easily remedied by calling up the Xbox Guide, going to the Settings menu, and selecting Profile. In your Game Defaults screen, select the Action menu and change your Y-Axis preference from Inverted to Normal. Then reset your system, fire up the game, and fly confidently knowing that up is up once again.

[quote name='reddjoey']Glad to see 5% back in April as well. Had to wait till payday (4/1) to pickup more. (Spent 2200 already!)

About problems with Zeit2 controls[/QUOTE]

Ah thanks for the tip. I will have to try it and play the game again. I prefer inverted for most games but horizontal shooters standard up and down.

I'm really hoping today's list has some good stuff on it. No hints have popped up anywhere, I assume?

There's more random stuff on sale on April Fool's Day outside of whats been posted in the OP? Cool that the price of Dead Money is already down, but I'll just wait to get it in the morning with the rest of the haul.

[quote name='Blade']

I would have been up anyway, but I was really hoping to add Comic Jumper to my queue and download it while I sleep.[/QUOTE]

You can download the trial now and purchase it when it's on sale and not have to download anything else. The thing is freaking 2 gig iirc.

You can also play the trial to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Cuz damn it is not a good game.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']You can download the trial now and purchase it when it's on sale and not have to download anything else. The thing is freaking 2 gig iirc.

You can also play the trial to make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Cuz damn it is not a good game.
[/QUOTE]

I never even heard of that game, lol.

[quote name='monkeydjesus']i don't really care about the gameplay of comic jumper i just want to hear chris sabat[/QUOTE]
Gomu Gomu No Resurrection!!!

[quote name='mtxbass1']X-men is showing up at 800 for me from the dashboard, but the rest of the games are marked correctly. wtf.[/QUOTE]
Are you on the US marketplace or the Europe or another region?

Grabbed X-Men Arcade and Comic Jumper. I didn't see any dashboard ads, just searched for them in the game marketplace and the discounted prices were up.

[quote name='reddjoey']Glad to see 5% back in April as well. Had to wait till payday (4/1) to pickup more. (Spent 2200 already!)[/QUOTE]Hell yeah. DL'ed several trials to check out games and buy before midnight, but first we had to watch justified from wednesday, then I had to do bills and apply for a tax exemption on the house so by the time I turned on 360 it was literally 12:01. Still checked out Unbound Saga and ended up buying it. Seems kinda like a dumb fun game and at $2 it's worth trying.

Still thinking about the Halo Wars DLC and Mirror's Edge DLC. Both are in my backlog so I don't know how much I'll like the DLC, especially the ME stuff which is just time trials and not added levels or content.

So say I had like 200 MSP left after buying X-Men, do you guys think I should buy Unbound Saga or Deadliest Warrior?

[quote name='reddjoey']Glad to see 5% back in April as well. Had to wait till payday (4/1) to pickup more. (Spent 2200 already!)[/QUOTE]

This is not what I needed to read now I'm tempted to buy costume quest again lol.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Ah thanks for the tip. I will have to try it and play the game again. I prefer inverted for most games but horizontal shooters standard up and down.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I will try it again, then! That was a totally stupid decision on the game devs part, but at least there's a workaround. The game looked pretty cool with the huge exception of that weirdness.

I've never even really played my copy of Worms 2, but for some reason I just bought the Battle Pack for the sale price of 200 points. Hopefully I'll get around to playing it. :)

hm... is darwinia+ any good?

looks interesting i think, what say you CAG's?

already nabbed xmen and deadliest warrior, both look good enough for $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back