XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought X-men and Comic Jumper and said fuck it Deadliest Warrior too.
I didn't really want it but for 200 points why not. That is all I had left in my account and what else can you get for it besides like one or two rock band tracks. I could be nice game to play when I angry and want to murder people lol.

Fallout: New Vegas Dead Money for 400 points... I'm still debating.

I know it will be on sale again and again when the other DLC's are released... or I may wait for the GOTY edition with all of 'em.

[quote name='chimpian']hm... is darwinia+ any good?[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this too because IGN gave it a 8.9 and when I tried the demo I was more or less bored with it.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm wondering this too because IGN gave it a 8.9 and when I tried the demo I was more or less bored with it.[/QUOTE]
I'd give it a 7.0... not bad, has it's moments.

Should I pull the trigger on Dead Money?

Can't decide.

You know it's going to be on sale again with all the other upcoming FNV DLC's... just like Fallout 3.

Wait for GOTY edition maybe?

[quote name='Jcaugustine']Should I pull the trigger on Dead Money?

Can't decide.

You know it's going to be on sale again with all the other upcoming FNV DLC's... just like Fallout 3.

Wait for GOTY edition maybe?[/QUOTE]

I did only because I had a bunch of points laying around (and still sorta do.) I usually don't, and when things go on sale that I want, most times I'm broke as hell. So, if you're a guy who always has points laying around, don't go for it. if you don't, go for it. If you're not aching for the DLC and know for a fact you won't be a few months down the road, then just wait for the GOTY edition.

Can't decide.

I'm waiting for the GOTY edition. If you know something is getting a retail disc release, it's usually best to wait.

I waited for the GOTY editions of Oblivion and Fallout 3, and really glad I did. Less cost than purchasing directly from Marketplace (even considering DOTW & sales), plus they have trade value (which Marketplace purchases do not).

Can't decide.

Is it worth it for you to wait 1-1.5 more years to save $5? They haven't even put out the other 3 DLC packs yet. I'd think the soonest you would see a GOTY would be early next year.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm wondering this too because IGN gave it a 8.9 and when I tried the demo I was more or less bored with it.[/QUOTE]

I felt the same way.

I picked up A World of Keflings and Raskulls last night and snatched X-Men this morning. I loved the X-Men arcade game as a kid. Sure, it probably hasn't held up but I'll have a wave of nostaglia tonight.

Got Comic Book Jumper. Even if it is repetitive, comedy is what I am after. Why do I buy them without trials first? Anyone else do this?

[quote name='nadohawk']Got Comic Book Jumper. Even if it is repetitive, comedy is what I am after. Why do I buy them without trials first? Anyone else do this?[/QUOTE]
I bought Darwinia+ without playing the trial. It just seemed like something really really really cool if you get into it.

Damn this sale. I picked up Costume Quest and both Keflings games the other day.

Now I just picked up X-men and Comic Jumper.

Also, reminder for everyone to do their XBox rewards survey. It's a new month!

I picked up raskulls, worms 2 dlc, & x-men. Not bad for only 800 points.

Also wanted to throw out some love for defense grid. It's a great tower defense game. I generally don't like tower defense games much but this one was well done with some decent graphics and at least an attempt at a story. Great buy at 400 but it's been on sale several times and will likely be again.

Hopefully everyone now owns X-MEN. If you pass it up for 200 MSP, that's straight foolish.

Any fresh opinions on Deadliest Warrior?

[quote name='bsmiff']Hopefully everyone now owns X-MEN. If you pass it up for 200 MSP, that's straight foolish.

Any fresh opinions on Deadliest Warrior?[/QUOTE]
It's pretty fun.

I actually got the PSN version on sale a few months ago, but ended up getting the XBL version as well.

The XBL version is way better >>>>> than the PSN version, in terms of graphics.

SERIOUSLY... the PSN version looks so washed up, like it went through a waterfall and then sanked into the ocean.

Okay now I'm flailing on Comic Jumper. My Cheapy senses are tingling. I have a feeling this will be one of the 160 point super deals in the future. $5 is the max I'd pay for this thing so they are coming in under the wire.

I demo'd Deadliest Warrior last night and was horribly disappointed by it, even at the prospects of only paying $2.50 for it. The combat was overly simplified, the characters horribly unbalanced and either inflict so much damage or have such low health that the matches were over in under 10 seconds. Felt it was a totally uninspired fighter. Does look nice though.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I demo'd Deadliest Warrior last night and was horribly disappointed by it, even at the prospects of only paying $2.50 for it. The combat was overly simplified, the characters horribly unbalanced and either inflict so much damage or have such low health that the matches were over in under 10 seconds. Felt it was a totally uninspired fighter. Does look nice though.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever played bushido blade?

i am not saying deadliest warrior is any where near as good as it but i consider bushido one of the g.o.a.t in the fighting genre and a fight could be over in a few seconds in that

Picked up Comic Jumper.

I personally love Deadliest Warrior, I got it right when the game came out and had a blast with it. It is also a great game to mess around with a buddy in. When you both get decent at the game they are quite humorous and intense battles.

sorry if this was answered somewhere else, but do I need to have RDR if I want to download the undead nightmare pack on its own? 400msp is a lot better than dropping $30

[quote name='Lt Dan']sorry if this was answered somewhere else, but do I need to have RDR if I want to download the undead nightmare pack on its own? 400msp is a lot better than dropping $30[/QUOTE]

It's been answered half a dozen times in this thread this week. Yes, you need the original RDR disc for this DLC.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay now I'm flailing on Comic Jumper. My Cheapy senses are tingling. I have a feeling this will be one of the 160 point super deals in the future. $5 is the max I'd pay for this thing so they are coming in under the wire.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I paid 1200 points when it came out and felt like it was worth it.

Should I bother getting the Undead Collection if I never play RDR online? I want to play through the Undead Nightmare campaign, but I'm not sure if the other stuff is worth an extra 600 points.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I also just bought 9 Game Room games. I figured they are never going to go on sale and the 5% discount is the best I'm going to get. There's still a few more games I'd like to snag but I think that's more than enough points to burn through for the month's bonus return.[/QUOTE]

They had rumored that they would be selling game bundles for Game Room on their facebook page last year, but I don't think it ever happened. I would def pick up some games in a bundle price if they did that. It doesn't appear that they have much interest in game room at this point because they are not promoting it very much. You really never hear anything about it.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Should I bother getting the Undead Collection if I never play RDR online? I want to play through the Undead Nightmare campaign, but I'm not sure if the other stuff is worth an extra 600 points.[/QUOTE]

The Undead Nightmare campaign was probably more boring than the RDR campaign. You might find the MP for UN interesting because it has a horde style zombie mode

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']They had rumored that they would be selling game bundles for Game Room on their facebook page last year, but I don't think it ever happened. I would def pick up some games in a bundle price if they did that. It doesn't appear that they have much interest in game room at this point because they are not promoting it very much. You really never hear anything about it.[/QUOTE]

I'd imagine if they were going to do any kind of discount to promote Game Room they would have by now. I'm guessing it's simply going to be ignored and forgotten about going forward. Too bad there's some really nice classics in there. There's still a few more I'd pick up but I'm good for now.

Picked up World of Keflings earlier this week, and just picked up X-men and Costume Quest (my nephew loved the demo so did I, but I didn't bite on the price, now it's the perfect time since it's half off and it's his birthday this month). 5% back too this month!

need some advice, i purchased comic jumper, xmen, deadliest warrior and unbound saga.
ive got a ton of msp and im just wondering what else are good buys? im really thinking of pulling the trigger on worms 2 and its expansion...but im open to all the other games as well. i refuse to pay more than 400 points though. the most i ever spent was 600 points (on lara croft game when it was 50% discount) but i kindof regret that, it was a fun game but im sure it will be 400 in future.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Should I bother getting the Undead Collection if I never play RDR online? I want to play through the Undead Nightmare campaign, but I'm not sure if the other stuff is worth an extra 600 points.[/QUOTE]

The other stuff in the collection is purely multiplayer. If you don't intend to play it for extra maps or whatever in MP, then just go with the Undead Nightmare pack instead of the collection and save yourself 600 points.

Son of a bitch. All this time I thought I bought and was playing World of Keflings but when I checked what arcade games I have, it was Kingdom of Keflings lol. I'm enjoying Kingdom but I'm reading World of Keflings is an upgrade, so I just bought it too.

I think if you get the bundle that includes the MP packs you get 2 additional wpns and challenges that go with it. The hatchet and some type of rifle? I forget...otherwise, if you don't care about that stuff, the campaign add on should keep you busy and entertained.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Okay now I'm flailing on Comic Jumper. My Cheapy senses are tingling. I have a feeling this will be one of the 160 point super deals in the future. $5 is the max I'd pay for this thing so they are coming in under the wire.[/QUOTE]

Has there ever been 1200 MSP games dropping to 160/200 as part of a sale? I don't remember MS ever doing that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back