XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
i picked up the fable dlc, the fallout dlc, costume quest, world of keflings, unbound saga and xmen.
i have never bought a single arcade game in all the time i have had xbox live but some of these deals were too good to pass up.

i still have around 800 points and im debating on what else to spend them on, comic jumper? raskulls?
what do you guys think?

So how is faery? I played the demo which was alright...I'm kinda in the mood for an old schol turn-based RPG.

Worth the 600 points?

i picked up the fable dlc, the fallout dlc, costume quest, world of keflings, unbound saga and xmen.
i have never bought a single arcade game in all the time i have had xbox live but some of these deals were too good to pass up.

Damn...I'm finally finished with this sale. So many things I was waiting on price drops for.

Raskulls - 400
Costume Quest - 600
World for Keflings - 400
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Comic Jumper - 400
Deadliest Warrior - 200
X-Men - 200

[quote name='Guest Number 2']Has there ever been 1200 MSP games dropping to 160/200 as part of a sale? I don't remember MS ever doing that before.[/QUOTE]

Good question. Splosion Man is only 800 so the drop isn't as steep. Definitely something to consider. Hopefully some others can chime in on this and help convince me this is as good as it's going to get! If the gameplay wasn't so awful I'd buy this in a heartbeat. The humor is of the "so bad it's good" variety and I could use some levity lately.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn...I'm finally finished with this sale. So many things I was waiting on price drops for.

Raskulls - 400
Costume Quest - 600
World for Keflings - 400
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Comic Jumper - 400
Deadliest Warrior - 200
X-Men - 200

Wow, we almost picked up the exact same games!

According to Xbox Rewards, if you buy the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack (800 msp) or the full game from GoD ($59.99 or 4800 msp) between now and May 15th you get 400 msp back.

You also get the Banshee avatar prop if you spend 200 or more points between now and then, but doesn't everyone already have one at this point?

It's on the same page as a quiz sweepstakes and instant win game they're running.

http://rewards.xbox.com/gamer-iq/ (credit to bryan_0906's post in the free stuff forum. go there for more info on the sweeps)

If I remember correctly, Xbox Rewards is US only. Sorry everyone else.

[quote name='ivegotalobon']Have you ever played bushido blade?

i am not saying deadliest warrior is any where near as good as it but i consider bushido one of the g.o.a.t in the fighting genre and a fight could be over in a few seconds in that[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but matches weren't over in a few seconds because you pulled some awesome crazy combo or anything. My very first match was over in less than 20 seconds and all I did was punch the ninja with x 4 or 5 times. I know it is obviously my own opinion, and admittedly I'm not a huge fan of fighter games, but I just found the gameplay to be bad enough I couldn't spend 200 points on it, and I usually willing to buy anything moderately fun at that price.

[quote name='Dalrint']So how is faery? I played the demo which was alright...I'm kinda in the mood for an old schol turn-based RPG.

Worth the 600 points?[/QUOTE]

I've only played the demo myself, but everything I've read has more or less stated that if you've enjoyed the demo you'll like the game; as that is pretty much the game in a nut shell. So from what I can gather, if you can get past the odd English, and combat that doesn't have a ton of depth to still enjoy it; then go for it. I did.

[quote name='Guest Number 2']Has there ever been 1200 MSP games dropping to 160/200 as part of a sale? I don't remember MS ever doing that before.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing to his response. I think people keep remembering splosion man got super cheap for one day and think all twisted pixels games are bound to this; forgetting that splosion man was only 800 to start and was crazy successful so I'm sure after a while they figured the only way to up sales would be to give it a severe discount. Also, the Maw is older and it has never gone below 50% off (400 points) in a sale, and Comic Jumper isn't as "family friendly" as the other two meaning Microsoft is a little less likely to feature it as a main discount in a major sale like Black Friday.

[quote name='louiedog']According to Xbox Rewards, if you buy the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack (800 msp) or the full game from GoD ($59.99 or 4800 msp) between now and May 15th you get 400 msp back.

You also get the Banshee avatar prop if you spend 200 or more points between now and then, but doesn't everyone already have one at this point?

It's on the same page as a quiz sweepstakes they're running.

http://rewards.xbox.com/gamer-iq/ (credit to bryan_0906's post in the free stuff forum. go there for more info on the sweeps)

If I remember correctly, Xbox Rewards is US only. Sorry everyone else.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, that's tempting on the map pack, and yeah, lol at the free Banshee prop. Way to pick em' Microsoft.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Good question. Splosion Man is only 800 so the drop isn't as steep. Definitely something to consider. Hopefully some others can chime in on this and help convince me this is as good as it's going to get! If the gameplay wasn't so awful I'd buy this in a heartbeat. The humor is of the "so bad it's good" variety and I could use some levity lately.[/QUOTE]

Comic Jumper is pretty darn awful gameplay wise, but the humor and cutscenes make it just bearable enough for a single playthrough. There are many legitimate laugh out loud moments, but be prepared for long, tedious levels and plenty of cheap deaths before you reach the next payoff. About halfway through the game I just said fuck it and started running past enemies instead of fighting them just to get through the game quicker. At only 400 points, I'd say the price is right if you feel that you must add it to your collection. The game does comes with some pretty cool unlockables in the form of avatar awards, gamer pics, a premium theme and even a couple new levels for Splosion Man. That being said, you can save yourself lots of grief and still take in all the humor by simply watching a let's play video instead. It would be a far more enjoyable experience than actually playing through this game.

Nice deal for those of you who waited, meanwhile those of us who bought the map pack early get jack shit except a "thanks for buying the map pack!" Ugh.

Grabbed Comic Jumper and thought about picking up the Fallout DLC but decided against it. Hoping for some silliness from Comic Jumper as I've heard that that's what that game is all about.

Grabbed:
Mirrors Edge DLC
Costume Quest
Darwinia+

and that defiant map pack thing is bullshit. Two weeks after release you have a half off sale? Way to kick the loyal fans right in the nads

picked up everything i really wanted but i have 800 points left to spend, what should i get?

Raskulls - 400
Worms 2 - 400
3D Ultra Mini Golf Adventures 2 - 400
Crazy Taxi - 400
Monkey Island 2 - 400
Comic Jumper - 400
Deadliest Warrior - 200

[quote name='Ronzo']Grabbed:
Mirrors Edge DLC
Costume Quest
Darwinia+

and that defiant map pack thing is bullshit. Two weeks after release you have a half off sale? Way to kick the loyal fans right in the nads[/QUOTE]

consumers are stupid for believing in "brand" loyalty...

So uhh....interesting thing here.

I picked up 3-4 games yesterday via the sale.

Today I logged on from my PC and purchased Xmen for 200 points, I then went back to the game page and saw that Comic Jumper showed "already purchased" which is odd because I was planning on buying it but hadn't.

I went to the comic jumper page itself and it also showed full game was purchased. I clicked the link that said "400 points" at the top of the page and it goes to a page that instantly says "congrats the item has been purchased and added to your download queue"

I go to the download queue and sure enough, comic jumper is in my download queue but 0 points have been deducted from my account.

Ok, here's what I'm hung up on: Deadliest Warrior and Unbound Saga.
I know that in total I'll be spending under $5, which is like...no money. But the Unbound Saga demo screamed "just ok" and after buying Turtles in Time "because it was $2" then regretting it...yeah. Hard.
Deadliest Warrior I don't know. It looks like goofy fun, but...still don't know lol.
I've already bought Xmen, Darwinia+, Gyromancer (great game), and Costume Quest. I already had the Fallout DLC and Comic Jumper (which is a steal at $5).
Hmmm...any opinions that haven't already been said?

[quote name='marineal']consumers are stupid for believing in "brand" loyalty...[/QUOTE]

but... mcdonalds DOES love me though right?

I have 680 points left after buying xmen, comic jumper, and crazy taxi. Should I pick between raskulls, deadliest warrior and unbound saga or just use the points next week for Vietnam?

[quote name='Shadowiii']Ok, here's what I'm hung up on: Deadliest Warrior and Unbound Saga.
I know that in total I'll be spending under $5, which is like...no money. But the Unbound Saga demo screamed "just ok" and after buying Turtles in Time "because it was $2" then regretting it...yeah. Hard.
Deadliest Warrior I don't know. It looks like goofy fun, but...still don't know lol.
Hmmm...any opinions that haven't already been said?[/QUOTE]

heres my opinion on both of those because i def. considered picking both up. everyone rationalizes U.S. with the comic book avatar award and that DW is like bushido blade. SO-is it worth your TIME to play through a crappy game to get a worthless avatar accessory that your friends will see for 2 seconds once a month? no, your time is better spent playing good games! And for DW, i dont know shit about bushido blade, but i thought this game (demo) sucked. i think the consensus is that if you liked bushido blade you will most likely enjoy this. Yeah, only $2, but playing the demo will polarize you to either being done after 10 min, or to play a lot more. I dont know about everyone else, but my free time aint what it used to be, so i try not to waste it on games that i MIGHT like.

[quote name='teknotronic']So uhh....interesting thing here.

I picked up 3-4 games yesterday via the sale.

Today I logged on from my PC and purchased Xmen for 200 points, I then went back to the game page and saw that Comic Jumper showed "already purchased" which is odd because I was planning on buying it but hadn't.

I went to the comic jumper page itself and it also showed full game was purchased. I clicked the link that said "400 points" at the top of the page and it goes to a page that instantly says "congrats the item has been purchased and added to your download queue"

I go to the download queue and sure enough, comic jumper is in my download queue but 0 points have been deducted from my account.[/QUOTE]

Go to the billing.microsoft.com site and see if they really charged you 0 points. If so, that's awesome.

[quote name='Defendthestar31']I have 680 points left after buying xmen, comic jumper, and crazy taxi. Should I pick between raskulls, deadliest warrior and unbound saga or just use the points next week for Vietnam?[/QUOTE]

Vietnam is pretty good, I'd say its worth 1200 points and at 600 its a really good deal

I've spent a crazy number of points this week, but am debating adding Faery to the pile... Just know I won't play it soon and it could eventually hit the 400 point level...

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I've spent a crazy number of points this week, but am debating adding Faery to the pile... Just know I won't play it soon and it could eventually hit the 400 point level...[/QUOTE]

pass if only so that you dont look through your game list and see the word FAERY :(

[quote name='bajingo']pass if only so that you dont look through your game list and see the word FAERY :([/QUOTE]

Dude, you hit the nail on the head. No matter how you spell Fairy, or toss up a PC term to describe them I will never ever buy in.

Ugh impulse bought Xmen and really wish I didn't. The game has aged horribly, and online is just boring. Maybe I'll get a bit of value out of some co-op, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather just play Scott Pilgrim or something.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Go to the billing.microsoft.com site and see if they really charged you 0 points. If so, that's awesome.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't show up there at all. The only transaction I see for April is Xmen, and it's not listed in March either. Hell I went back as far as it would let me go back and didn't see Comic Jumper anywhere.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Ugh impulse bought Xmen and really wish I didn't. The game has aged horribly, and online is just boring. Maybe I'll get a bit of value out of some co-op, but I'm pretty sure I'd rather just play Scott Pilgrim or something.[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing with Ninja Turtles Arcade a Month ago. After that I decided the only thing im spending 200 on arcade style would be the extra tables for Pinball FX2

How long will it take to get the 400 pts back from the Halo Reach map pack deal? I don't see any details on it like I usually do with their "spend x get y back" promotions.

I went ahead and bit on DW. It's better than the demo in that there are more characters, and you're more inclined to check out the moves list. But it's still not very compelling. Drinking beer with a friend and fighting samurai vs. pirate sounds like it'll be worth the 200 points though. Bummer the Shaolin Monk is only available via 400 MSP DLC.

Now what about 3D Ultra Mini Golf 2? I mean I like putt putt, and casual games are always welcome, but this demo just looks so butt. Opinions?

[quote name='jk5000']I did the same thing with Ninja Turtles Arcade a Month ago. After that I decided the only thing im spending 200 on arcade style would be the extra tables for Pinball FX2[/QUOTE]

You should switch it to the Japanese rom.

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']How long will it take to get the 400 pts back from the Halo Reach map pack deal? I don't see any details on it like I usually do with their "spend x get y back" promotions.[/QUOTE]8-12 weeks, if it works like the past promotions.

I spent hours on deadliest warrior, it's deeper than it looks at first and insta kills were part of the design they were after. I am a hard core fighting fan and thought it was cool for something different.

I also paid full price for comic jumper and loved it quite a bit. It's meant for bullet-hell games of yester-year and quarter crunchers. I grew up in an arcade so I liked it a lot.

[quote name='teknotronic']It doesn't show up there at all. The only transaction I see for April is Xmen, and it's not listed in March either. Hell I went back as far as it would let me go back and didn't see Comic Jumper anywhere.[/QUOTE]

Win.

I wish this would happen to me with a 1200 point game.

[quote name='kidrocklive']I'm wondering this too because IGN gave it a 8.9 and when I tried the demo I was more or less bored with it.[/QUOTE]

I've been thinking about picking Darwinia+ up too based on reviews (passed on it the last time it was on sale). The Quick Look video seems interesting, but I felt the demo was pretty bland. Anybody who's played the full game like it/hate it after taking time to play through it? I'm assuming any multiplayer is pretty dead at this late stage. Thanks!

[quote name='jk5000']Dude, you hit the nail on the head. No matter how you spell Fairy, or toss up a PC term to describe them I will never ever buy in.[/QUOTE]

Or, you know, you could just become secure in your masculinity and not even think about it in those terms ;).

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']How long will it take to get the 400 pts back from the Halo Reach map pack deal? I don't see any details on it like I usually do with their "spend x get y back" promotions.[/QUOTE]

Bah - Of course I've had to buy both map packs the instant they came out because my son is a Halo junkie now. So, of course, I get screwed by being s day-one purchaser. They really need to consider at least offering an avatar reward or something for people that buy expensive map packs day one. It would go a lot further towards fostering good will. Right now I have a lot of ill-will to MS ;). If they come out with more map packs (and surely they will) I will do my best to avoid buying them day one.

FWIW, all I've gotten so far from the sale is World of Keflings and Gyromancer. I am considering the Mini Golf game and maybe the Worms 2 DLC. I'm not too interested in side-scrollers or beat-em-ups so I'll pass on most of the rest for sure.

[quote name='fatboyjam']I've been thinking about picking Darwinia+ up too based on reviews (passed on it the last time it was on sale). The Quick Look video seems interesting, but I felt the demo was pretty bland. Anybody who's played the full game like it/hate it after taking time to play through it? I'm assuming any multiplayer is pretty dead at this late stage. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't have the Xbox version, but I do have the PC version. So I can't comment on the controls (which were weird on the PC so I would imagine they might be weird on the Xbox). The game does pick up after the first one or two levels. You actually start doing more and then eventually start fighting other bad darwinians which becomes a lot of fun. And if the 360 version is anything like the PC one then the online is most likely dead, but I can't say that with any certainty.

If I didn't own it for the PC I would buy it in an instant because it is an awesome and unique game. The only problem is its length. It is about 6-8 hours which is good, but since the game was not built around replay-ability, I can't see myself going back to play it anytime soon.

[quote name='Chango']Picked up X-Men even though I already had it on my PS3. Now I need someone to release The Simpsons arcade game...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been wanting The Simpsons (Arcade) ever since they ported TMNT. The only thing I want more is Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes (which I'll pay full price for on day 1).

Thank you reddjoey for all your hard work. I check this page damn near everyday.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but it was on the Xbox Live Rewards page after completing the monthly survey. (Also they're doing daily surveys to instant win points! Get on that CAGs!

Purchase Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack or Halo: Reach Games on Demand from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 and get 400 Microsoft Points.

Bought Raskulls the other day, got a new point card today and I'm 30 points short at 1770 points. Now to decide which of Comic Jumper, BC2: Vietnam, Undead Nightmare, and Dead Money will get the boot. Sometimes space bucks have their disadvantages...

[quote name='Sdawg']Bought Raskulls the other day, got a new point card today and I'm 30 points short at 1770 points. Now to decide which of Comic Jumper, BC2: Vietnam, Undead Nightmare, and Dead Money will get the boot. Sometimes space bucks have their disadvantages...[/QUOTE]

I was honestly very disappointed in Comic Jumper. The best parts are outside of gameplay and you can probably find that stuff on youtube. Someone must have done a Let's Play of the game.

Undead Nightmare has been this price before, and probably will be again. Dead Money will likely get discounted in the future with more DLC coming to the game. If you're not planning on playing either for awhile you might be safe waiting for the next sale.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Sdawg try to do the Bing Rewards and you should be able to get 100 points easy.[/QUOTE]

They only have 400 point codes now and it takes 500 credits to get them. It's not so easy to do that by the end of the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back