XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Sdawg try to do the Bing Rewards and you should be able to get 100 points easy.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me about that, almost forgot about that. I may go and see if I had any points left over from before I stopped when the prices when up a while ago and my toolbar stopped working. Hopefully I have enough left over to get to 500 before the Battlefield stuff is over

So the steam version of Gyromancer comes with the DLC, whereas the XBLA version requires you to pay $3 for an unlock key to access the new maps and creatures. I think I'll wait for a steam sale then.

Well I am only going to bite on Dead Money and BBC2:Vietnam. I might also get the Defiant map pack befor May 15th. I could buy some of the XBLA games but I still have not played Deathspank:TOV and Hydrophobia after they went on sale. I pretty much have everything else DLC-wise. Nothing on the list is a must buy for my right now. Keep up the great work redjoey!

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Purchase Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack or Halo: Reach Games on Demand from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 and get 400 Microsoft Points.[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! That is some bull:booty:

Ugh, X-Men Arcade is horrible. It's only 200 points but I really regret buying it. I KNOW it's an old game, but it doesnt make it good. Even with friends.

Comic Jumper on the other hand seems pretty well done, so i'll buy that in a moment. Deadliest Warrior is not worth it to me. Do you guys have any other sale suggestions?

[quote name='doodofdoods']So the steam version of Gyromancer comes with the DLC, whereas the XBLA version requires you to pay $3 for an unlock key to access the new maps and creatures. I think I'll wait for a steam sale then.[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah don't buy the DLC, simple. The game is good without the bonuses and I literally forgot about those extra maps until you just mentioned them.

Deadliest Warrior - $10 / 800
Comic Jumper - $15 / 1200
XMen - $10 / 800
Unbound Saga - $10 / 800

All for 960 points of what was once 3600 ....no brainer !!!

O man i just bought Unbound Saga not bad for 180. But Comic Jumper for 400? O man I played the demo for a bit. FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. Bought it.

Buy those two! Plus I think they're XB exclusive!

Also, Micro how could you not love X-Men? it's got Sooo much Nostalgia! If I hadn't bought it already on PS3 I would've bought it here.

You guys who suggested Alien Assault 1 & 2 were right, these games are crazy good fun for 400 points a piece. Is there a reward deal going on with MS? :bouncy:

So the new Halo Reach Map Pack gets the reward? Awesome. I read that and thought it was for the first one. I did the gamestop preorder deal just to get the avatar helmet for it. Now I've got a pretty good reason to buy the 2nd one.

Also I think I'm going to bite on Comic Jumper. It better be hilarious because the gameplay in the demo wasn't doing it for me at all.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']

Also I think I'm going to bite on Comic Jumper. It better be hilarious because the gameplay in the demo wasn't doing it for me at all.[/QUOTE]

I just beat the first...comic, I guess? It's had it's moments so far. Gameplay is repetitive as hell though.

Raskulls on the other hand is continually both funny and fun.

[quote name='Rodster']You guys who suggested Alien Assault 1 & 2 were right, these games are crazy good fun for 400 points a piece. Is there a reward deal going on with MS? :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
I'm thinking about getting these games. There hasn't been a whole lot of discussion on them recently but I think I will pick them up before the sale is over. I wonder if the third one will go on sale. Do these games have any avatar awards?

[quote name='Microshock']Ugh, X-Men Arcade is horrible. It's only 200 points but I really regret buying it. I KNOW it's an old game, but it doesnt make it good. Even with friends.

Comic Jumper on the other hand seems pretty well done, so i'll buy that in a moment. Deadliest Warrior is not worth it to me. Do you guys have any other sale suggestions?[/QUOTE]

X-men was never suppose to be anything more then a port of the original xbox arcade game......so I don't really see how you could complain about it? Initially I was happy as can be about it being released and thought for sure it would be an instant buy as it was my favorite arcade game years ago......but I'm glad I waited for a sale.....I just find it hard to pay full price (whether its 800 or 1200 points) for games any more, because almost all of them eventualy go on sale, and i don't mind waiting...I'm just happy it only took about 3 months for x-men, and for 200 at that....I would have certainly scooped it up for 400. The funny thing is I probably spent $100+ in quarters playing it as a kid back in the arcade days. Bottom line, this game is really only suited as nostalgia for those of us who enjoyed it "back in the day" (jeez, i'm only 25 and can't believe i just used "back in the day" :( But for $2.50, if you never played it, i think its certainly worth a play through (roughly 30 minutes, although its easy to get the achievements for under 25 minutes.)...Just don't have high expectations, after all it was made in the early 90's.

I would also recommend comic jumper and deadliest warrior. Both are enjoyably, and for literally $5 and $2.50, is a no brainer. Although I picked up deadliest warrior last time it was on sale for 400 pts, no regrets as I did enjoy it and certainly had no reason to wait on it to go on sale for a higher discount then 50% off.

edit.

one caveat to x-men.....the only negative in the gameply is the unlimited lives....which I noticed when your playing online with randoms, people just spam their mutant powers then die to "re-fill"....which really takes away from the gameplay.....back in the arcade days, the gameplay was much better as most people played it as a beat em up style which it was designed to be....so if you want to have "Fun" with it, try to play with friends and don't cheapen the experience by spamming the mutant powers just because you have "free" infinite lives.

[quote name='louiedog']According to Xbox Rewards, if you buy the Halo: Reach Defiant map pack (800 msp) or the full game from GoD ($59.99 or 4800 msp) between now and May 15th you get 400 msp back.

You also get the Banshee avatar prop if you spend 200 or more points between now and then, but doesn't everyone already have one at this point?
[/QUOTE]

So on top of the 400 points back for the Defiant Map Pack, doesn't that also qualify for 5% back from being in the rewards program? I know 5% isn't a huge return, but that technically makes it more than just half off.

Had one other thought....I know in the Japanese Rom, you use your designated mutant abilities first before it takes from your health......but in the US Rom, you only are are able to use the designated abilities once your health has been used up....is this just a screw up in the port? I could've swore back in the arcade this was not the case, and it was just like the japanesse rom (minus the energy/mutant power up pill things), you use your designated mutant abilities first and then it detracts from your health....I know it's not that much of a big deal, as I can just play the japanese rom, but it just doesn't feel the same.

Does anyone else remember if this was the case with the arcade? I think the last time I played it in an arcade was when I was like 12....so don't know how much I should rely on my memory lol.

[quote name='Microshock']Ugh, X-Men Arcade is horrible. It's only 200 points but I really regret buying it. I KNOW it's an old game, but it doesnt make it good. Even with friends.

Comic Jumper on the other hand seems pretty well done, so i'll buy that in a moment. Deadliest Warrior is not worth it to me. Do you guys have any other sale suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I suggest not buying anymore old school games in the future about 95% of them you will not like. This time frame it was all about having fun and enjoying a game. I was shocked how many people still play this online. I got all the achievements today and was a blast. At first i was like uhhh ok whatever 200 points is ok for it. I would not spend more then 400 for this game but i enjoyed it more for some reason then the turtles in time RS. Anyways it was worth it for me but i grew up playing this stuff.

it is ridiculous how many points i have used during this sale.

i figured i was finished after i burned though a 1600 point card in under 5 minutes a few days ago. then i thought i was done this morning after i bought literally everything in the one day sale. but now i just went and picked up 4 more games that i had little to no interest in before reading through this thread one last time before the sale ends and seeing people talk about them.

i regret nothing.

[quote name='chipper_95']I'm thinking about getting these games. There hasn't been a whole lot of discussion on them recently but I think I will pick them up before the sale is over. I wonder if the third one will go on sale. Do these games have any avatar awards?[/QUOTE]

The first one does not, but the second and third games in the trilogy do offer Avatar Awards.

http://www.xboxresource.com/viewavatars.php?t=3698

Xbox Resource has a fairly comprehensive list of all the games that do offer Avatar Awards. Personally, I'm currently working on the Left 4 Dead 2 ones and I can not wait to unlock the ones for Portal 2. A Portal Gun Avatar Award? fuck yes.

[quote name='fei33']I just thought I would mention the games in the sale that do offer Avatar Awards, for those who are interested in that sort of thing. :)

A World of Keflings
After Burner Climax
Alien Breed 2
Comic Jumper
Costume Quest
Crazy Taxi
Darwinia +
Deadliest Warrior
Doom II
Raskulls
Unbound Saga

http://www.xboxresource.com/avatars.php?filter=awards[/QUOTE]

Bought most of the games on that list. Darwinia+ was on my maybe pile and avatar awards would sway me but the awards are a couple uninteresting/uninspired t-shirts. Maybe an indicator the game is also uninteresting/uninspired.

[quote name='jdb230']one caveat to x-men.....the only negative in the gameply is the unlimited lives....which I noticed when your playing online with randoms, people just spam their mutant powers then die to "re-fill"....which really takes away from the gameplay.....back in the arcade days, the gameplay was much better as most people played it as a beat em up style which it was designed to be....so if you want to have "Fun" with it, try to play with friends and don't cheapen the experience by spamming the mutant powers just because you have "free" infinite lives.[/QUOTE]

You said it man. Constant Colossus spam in every online game :nottalking:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Bought most of the games on that list. Darwinia+ was on my maybe pile and avatar awards would sway me but the awards are a couple uninteresting/uninspired t-shirts. Maybe an indicator the game is also uninteresting/uninspired.[/QUOTE]
Please tell me you're kidding

[quote name='polo14player']Debating if I should get comic jumper![/QUOTE]

Me too, still. If it was 200 I'd get it, but for 400...I didn't even like the humor in the demo all that much, which is the one thing about the game people praise. Or maybe I've just read enough superhero parodies that all the jokes are old to me already.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Please tell me you're kidding[/QUOTE]

Do you like the avatar awards? I was being completely serious. They don't look good to me at all.

I played the demo the other night. The game seemed kinda cool but I wasn't sold and hearing that the achievements are mostly online don't help sell me.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Do you like the avatar awards? I was being completely serious. They don't look good to me at all.[/QUOTE]

Okay, but the game of Darwinia+ is actually quite original. You should try the demo.

[quote name='eastx']Okay, but the game of Darwinia+ is actually quite original. You should try the demo.[/QUOTE]

I did. It didn't sell me. Kinda interesting but didn't sway me.

[quote name='chipper_95']I'm thinking about getting these games. There hasn't been a whole lot of discussion on them recently but I think I will pick them up before the sale is over. I wonder if the third one will go on sale. Do these games have any avatar awards?[/QUOTE]

I was playing it last night and I got an alert about an avatar award I won. Sorry didn't pay too much attention to it.

I bought Comic Jumper, the trial impressed me enough that I saw it as a nice buy.
Speaking on X-Men again, i never played it in the arcade, so i don't have that nostalgia. I will play it again with six players soon and see how that goes.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Me too, still. If it was 200 I'd get it, but for 400...I didn't even like the humor in the demo all that much, which is the one thing about the game people praise. Or maybe I've just read enough superhero parodies that all the jokes are old to me already.[/QUOTE]

i feel the exact same way about comic jumper right now.
though im kind of leaning towards buying it because i can still get it in time, someone convince me.

[quote name='Cheapskate']Me too, still. If it was 200 I'd get it, but for 400...I didn't even like the humor in the demo all that much, which is the one thing about the game people praise. Or maybe I've just read enough superhero parodies that all the jokes are old to me already.[/QUOTE]

Yeah im Playing the demo now... I agree... Decisions, decisions! ;-/

My day started out GREAT. Picked up X-Men arcade for 200msp. Had loads of fun with it. Played with some friends, WELCOME TO DIE!, lol, etc.

Then I went to GameStop... what a horrible mistake... now I'm in a shitty mood.

Ended up buying DOOM II, Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money, X-MEN, Deadliest Warrior, Alien Breed 2: Assault, 3D Ultra MiniGolf 2, Darwinia+, Unbound Saga, Raskulls, Worms 2 - Battle Pack

Total 3160 ($39.50) points savings of 5480 ($68.50). Total purchase price would have been 8640 ($108). And since I bought my 4k card for $32 savings of $18 means my total purchase price was ~$21.50. Woot!

I think I'm set for a while.

[quote name='drStaton']i feel the exact same way about comic jumper right now.
though im kind of leaning towards buying it because i can still get it in time, someone convince me.[/QUOTE]

Lol, i hate the one day sales, I think im just gonna get it, u should to, lol

[quote name='polo14player']Lol, i hate the one day sales, I think im just gonna get it, u should to, lol[/QUOTE]

that's all the convincing i need, purchased.

Dream Chronicles is showing up as "Free" but gives an error message when I try to download. The full version is not on xbox.com. Possible that it's about to get pulled?

edit: Now it's gone entirely from xbox.com. I hope it comes back at some point. The demo was pretty cool but I was waiting for a sale or getting through the xbla backlog.

I have to say, when I saw the post yesterday morning about the sale on X-Men, I thought it was an April Fool's Day prank, but I couldn't resist going on XBL before work...glad I did! I've been waiting for it to go on sale since it came out!

I bought X-men, Comic Jumper, Raskulls, and Mirror's Edge DLC. I have 400 points left, what should I get? I was thinking either Zeit 2 or the mini golf game on sale.

Comic Jumper has an unlock for Splosion Man if I remember, think it was a theme, bonus level or something as I recall playing the demo long time ago and on the Unlock game screen it mentioned something about splosion man but I didn't care for it since I'm not a huge fan of that game. That might be a bonus to get you to buy the game now..

I been picking up a lot of stuff. I am so tempted to get dead money it was still showing up as 400 but I think there will be an goty edition with all of them on there. Still tempted though. How long is it? Is it worth the 5 beans. The trailer looks interesting. TIA

I picked up Dead Money and X-Men yesterday. I'm still undecided on the Halo Wars DLC. I'm currently down to 900 points.

Xmen is still on sale today...forgot all about the fact that it was listed as 200 in the UK so I never checked to see if they matched it in the US too. Checked this morning and thought damn I missed it but its 10:15am est and its still 200 atm.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Comic Jumper has an unlock for Splosion Man if I remember, think it was a theme, bonus level or something as I recall playing the demo long time ago and on the Unlock game screen it mentioned something about splosion man but I didn't care for it since I'm not a huge fan of that game. That might be a bonus to get you to buy the game now..[/QUOTE]You can unlock a bonus level (both single & multiplayer) for Splosion Man (though you have to have the game) in Comic Jumper. & like w/ Splosion Man, there's gamer pics, a theme, and avatar awards you can unlock.

phew, the dashboard doesn't have icon that you can click on for the week long deals, but the deals are indeed still active

I shop at the comic book shop in Comic Jumper. It is Keith's Comics in Dallas, TX. And that actually was Keith on the phone in the game.

picked up Deadliest Warrior and X Men yesterday for 400 pts. Has anybody tried beating Deadliest Warrior on Deadliest difficulty? fuckING HARSH mannnnnnnn.....i want that Samurai helmet avatar helmet but the CPU is whooping my ass each and every time.

Other than that, I feel great about my purchases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back