XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, 5 percent of all of your April purchases will be given back to you. Only if you're on the Xbox Rewards program I guess.

What else is recommended to buy while the sale is going?

[quote name='galbyman']I shop at the comic book shop in Comic Jumper. It is Keith's Comics in Dallas, TX. And that actually was Keith on the phone in the game.[/QUOTE]

Neat! Twisted Pixel is in Austin, wonder why they didn't use a shop here. I'm digging the game so far. Someone likened the appeal to old arcade quarter muncher games. I agree and it's great. Anyone remember the robocop arcade game? I could never get past the first level.

hahaha...the robocop arcade game was awesome. I could get past the 1st lvl but it got seriously much more difficult as it went on. that ED209 can pick the corn out of my scrap metal...I liked the bonus targeting stage a lot.

[quote name='Microshock']By the way, 5 percent of all of your April purchases will be given back to you. Only if you're on the Xbox Rewards program I guess.
[/QUOTE]

you have to sign up for this?

[quote name='bajingo']Neat! Twisted Pixel is in Austin, wonder why they didn't use a shop here. I'm digging the game so far. Someone likened the appeal to old arcade quarter muncher games. I agree and it's great. Anyone remember the robocop arcade game? I could never get past the first level.[/QUOTE]

My uncle used to "rent out" a couple of arcade cabinets to a few gas stations. One of those cabinets was RoboCop. He had it in his shop one day and opened up the little quarter part so I could have unlimited credits. I beat it when I was a kid, and I felt like something special :lol: I bet I spent $100 worth in free quarters though. I actually still have the game on my PC now.

Is Comic Jumper worth the 400?

I picked up Comic Jumper since it comes with other free stuff like extra level for Splosion Man, free themes, avatar items. Holy shit, 1.92GB required. :shock:

[quote name='mr_bungle']My uncle used to "rent out" a couple of arcade cabinets to a few gas stations. One of those cabinets was RoboCop. He had it in his shop one day and opened up the little quarter part so I could have unlimited credits. I beat it when I was a kid, and I felt like something special :lol: I bet I spent $100 worth in free quarters though. I actually still have the game on my PC now.

Is Comic Jumper worth the 400?[/QUOTE]

Yes Comic Jumper is worth $5. I can also say that 200 msp for deadliest warrior is a insult to the games greatness... DW has also had 2 DLC one is free and the other is 400 msp and 2 title updates. The devs are very active on message boards taking ideas & suggestions from gamers aswell. If you were a fan of busido blade back in the days DW for 200 msp is a steal.

They raised the prices right after I bought Deadliest Warrior, and before I could buy Comic Jumper. Comic Jumper probably would have been worth 400, but there's no way in hell I'd pay 1200! Oh well.

Yu-Gi-Oh has gotten a lot more difficult in my opinion. I used to like it years ago and tried to go back to itwith this game. There's just too many changes to the formula and the game itself is too challenging for me to find fun.

I'm REALLY interested in Undead Nightmare for 400 MSP, but can't decide if I want the digital copy or the physical. It sounds kind of silly, but I like my games as hard copies. What would you guys do in my situation? Thanks for your time guys.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']I'm REALLY interested in Undead Nightmare for 400 MSP, but can't decide if I want the digital copy or the physical. It sounds kind of silly, but I like my games as hard copies. What would you guys do in my situation? Thanks for your time guys.[/QUOTE]

If I could pay $5 for a digital copy versus $30 for a physical copy, I would buy digital 99.9% of the time. Most everyone would agree, now if it were $25 for digital, that'd be different.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']I'm REALLY interested in Undead Nightmare for 400 MSP, but can't decide if I want the digital copy or the physical. It sounds kind of silly, but I like my games as hard copies. What would you guys do in my situation? Thanks for your time guys.[/QUOTE]

You know, I'm like you. I HATE digital copies.

However in this case, not only is it cheaper to dl but its for convenience as if you're playing Red Dead and feeling like playing the dlc, just go into the menu and load it up.

Whereas having to take the Red Dead disc out and putting in the Undead physical copy and vice versa.

Is Costume Quest worth the 600 MSP? I have played the trial and thought it was pretty fun

And by the way, me and my friend need help with a achievement on X-Men Arcade, so if you bought X-Men Arcade yesterday, would you mind helping us out? Just hit me up with a message on Xbox

Thanks guys

@SkyMasterson @Mr_Bungie I completely agree with both of you guys. It's a measley $5 for a 6hr campaign + MP gametypes, compared to a physical copy which would cost me $30 for the same content, so I'm basically just paying more for the case which is kind of ridiculous. Will be buying it for 400MSP later today then. Thanks guys!

Costume quest was one of my favorite live titles last year. It plays like an old school rpg with gorgeous visuals, and hilarious dialogue. Lot of nerd inside jokes.

The dlc was quality was well, and if you're an achievement whore they are very easy.

[quote name='Cheddahz']Is Costume Quest worth the 600 MSP? I have played the trial and thought it was pretty fun

And by the way, me and my friend need help with a achievement on X-Men Arcade, so if you bought X-Men Arcade yesterday, would you mind helping us out? Just hit me up with a message on Xbox

Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

Which achievement are you going for?

[quote name='bigant262']Which achievement are you going for?[/QUOTE]

Probably the Mystique one, that one is a bitch with all the people dropping in and out. It's the only one I need..

If anyone wants to do a run through for it add me my gamer tag is gotdott

I finally got it, but yeah it is a bitch. Just make sure you are playing with people you know or make sure they won't leave. I would suggest using extra controllers

In for Undead Nightmare @ 5$...just finished the main game and it was a lot of fun.

Costume Quest is a must have game for those who like the old RPGs and just straight up fun games with a silly sense of humor.

[quote name='Glowin Smurff']Is undead nightmare download or the whole pack thing for 1k playable without having reddead or is it just dlc like fallout?[/QUOTE]

The downloadable version requires the original game disc.

[quote name='Cheddahz']I finally got it, but yeah it is a bitch. Just make sure you are playing with people you know or make sure they won't leave. I would suggest using extra controllers[/QUOTE]
This brings up a good point. I know we as CAGs are usually content to let games sit in our backlogs, but if you're an achievement junkie you really should play X-men right away. Not only is it a fun game, but it's a super easy 200/200, and there will never be more people online than there are now.

[quote name='simmias']This brings up a good point. I know we as CAGs are usually content to let games sit in our backlogs, but if you're an achievement junkie you really should play X-men right away. Not only is it a fun game, but it's a super easy 200/200, and there will never be more people online than there are now.[/QUOTE]

It really was a fun game, best 200 msp I have ever spent

Why is everyone still "thinking" about buying Undead for 400 points? Wasn't that a one day deal only for yesterday?

I went to go buy the New Vegas dlc like ten minutes ago and the sale was over, am I missing something?

[quote name='kvntwvlf']Why is everyone still "thinking" about buying Undead for 400 points? Wasn't that a one day deal only for yesterday?

I went to go buy the New Vegas dlc like ten minutes ago and the sale was over, am I missing something?[/QUOTE]

Like xblaze said, the Undead DLC is for the week. New Vegas DLC was for April 1 only. According to the OP.

Apparently I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I didn't even look up the X-Men game cause I thought it'd be crap, and just now saw everyone saying how good it is. Woops.

[quote name='Fearia']Apparently I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I didn't even look up the X-Men game cause I thought it'd be crap, and just now saw everyone saying how good it is. Woops.[/QUOTE]
The game requires a fair bit of nostalgia.

[quote name='Fearia']Apparently I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. I didn't even look up the X-Men game cause I thought it'd be crap, and just now saw everyone saying how good it is. Woops.[/QUOTE]

200 points for a mix of nostalgia and an easy 200 gamer points ;)

I just wish they'd run a sale on metal slug

[quote name='Luxuria']Totally in for the Halo: Reach map pack. At 400 points it's a no brainer for such a good game.[/QUOTE]

It's 800 points but 400 back. I know what you mean but its not half off lol

By the way, MUST BE on Xbox Rewards to do it.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is the 400 instant? Or one of those 1-2 month later ones.[/QUOTE]

It's through xbox rewards so in a day or two it'll probably show up on the list of rewards actions, your rewards total will increase, and then the points will be deposited next month (I think, I haven't received any rewards points yet).

[quote name='Thrinn']The game requires a fair bit of nostalgia.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I only played it once at an arcade and only remember it because it was the only arcade machine that, that many people could play at once. It wasn't like I loved the game as a kid, but when I got it today I liked it a lot.

I just think it requires people to not expect it to play like more recent games. If you play a game 10 or 15 years old you can't expect the same thing as a game 1 or 2 years old. Once you realize that you can enjoy the game a lot.

[quote name='Microshock']It's 800 points but 400 back. I know what you mean but its not half off lol

By the way, MUST BE on Xbox Rewards to do it.[/QUOTE]

Wait, so I won't get it if I bought it through the dashboard? Or do you mean I must be an Xbox Rewards member? o_o And yeah, I know it's not half off. >.< Still though, it's a really good deal.

[quote name='Luxuria']Wait, so I won't get it if I bought it through the dashboard? Or do you mean I must be an Xbox Rewards member? o_o And yeah, I know it's not half off. >.< Still though, it's a really good deal.[/QUOTE]

you just have to be a member before you purchase it and the rewards membership be linked to the account you bought the map pack through.

[quote name='Luxuria']Wait, so I won't get it if I bought it through the dashboard? Or do you mean I must be an Xbox Rewards member? o_o And yeah, I know it's not half off. >.< Still though, it's a really good deal.[/QUOTE]

If you are not already an XBOX Rewards member, just go ahead and sign up for it.

http://rewards.xbox.com/

The promotion lasts from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 so you have plenty of time. :)

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Thank you reddjoey for all your hard work. I check this page damn near everyday.

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not, but it was on the Xbox Live Rewards page after completing the monthly survey. (Also they're doing daily surveys to instant win points! Get on that CAGs!

Purchase Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack or Halo: Reach Games on Demand from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 and get 400 Microsoft Points.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

As an FYI to everyone getting the map pack. There is an 8-10 week wait for the 400pt rebate.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Microshock']Another FYI, 5 percent back on all of your April Marketplace purchases. I guess i'll get like 30 MS points back?[/QUOTE]

if you're talking about buying the halo reach map pack you would actually get 40 points back 5% of 800 is 40, plus the 400 back which is nice I might have to just pick it up as well

[quote name='DemonsMaster']if you're talking about buying the halo reach map pack you would actually get 40 points back 5% of 800 is 40, plus the 400 back which is nice I might have to just pick it up as well[/QUOTE]

I was just talking about my purchases, not the map pack. Sorry that it wasn't clear

[quote name='Microshock']Another FYI, 5 percent back on all of your April Marketplace purchases. I guess i'll get like 30 MS points back?[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind they only issue points in sets of 100 so if you are expecting 30 you won't get any back yet.

[quote name='Microshock']I was just talking about my purchases, not the map pack. Sorry that it wasn't clear[/QUOTE]

oh no worries wasn't trying to be a grammar nazi just saying that's a pretty good deal for the map pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back