XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drawingboard']
Try going here: http://rewards.xbox.com/
If you're logged in, it should give you some indication as to whether or not your signed up for it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I just signed up. I hope my purchase today will count towards the rewards promo I read that MS was doing this month. :)

[quote name='Brother Daz']I hope its 800 pts but sadly I'm sure it'll drop at 1200pts[/QUOTE]

yeah, Im gonna be pretty annoyed if it drops at 1200 points. I swear its getting silly. 800 points is pretty solid price IMO. Especially for a game thats been on the DS for upwards of 2 years now.

[quote name='Rodster']Thanks I just signed up. I hope my purchase today will count towards the rewards promo I read that MS was doing this month. :)[/QUOTE]

It takes a few days after signing up before your rewards account becomes fully activated.

[quote name='rollobobo']sign me up. 400 points sounds good and with all proceeds going to red cross it will be for a good cause. Sold![/quote]

+1

[quote name='Rollobobo']Sign me up. 400 points sounds good and with all proceeds going to Red Cross it will be for a good cause. SOLD![/QUOTE]

I buy all the Cave games anyways, gotta love a discount =).

[quote name='Rollobobo']Sign me up. 400 points sounds good and with all proceeds going to Red Cross it will be for a good cause. SOLD![/QUOTE]

Cave? As in bullet-hell shmups? I'm probably in, but the video makes me a little unsure. I will definitely try the demo, and then decide.

[quote name='bsmiff']Next time you're playing Vietnam and I'm online shoot me a game invite.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely do that, and am planning to give the online another shot this weekend. If I see you online I'll send an invite. You can teach me how not to play horrible. :)

1943 is a great option for some quick Battlefield action right from your hard drive. The controls and spotting mechanics are a little bit different than the (in my opinion) more intuitive ones for BC2 but it's a lot of fun. I love to be able to just lunch 1943 for a quick Battlefield fix for a game or two. You'll get plenty of hours out of 600 points.

Crunc and anyone else picking it up feel free to add me and we can set up a squad once in a while. I'm a low-key patient player so noobs needn't be afraid.

Cave doesn't know how to make games outside of the shumps and even those can be uneven. Nin2jump doesn't impress but I'll wait for the demo.

[quote name='seanr1221']Cave announced Nin2 Jump is coming this month for 400 points with all proceeds going to the Red Cross.[/QUOTE]
Honestly, cheap + charity = buy for me, however little I'll end up liking it. Plus it's Cave, so I want to fund further games and localizations.

Finally got around to checking my dashboard for the Scott Pilgrim game and it looks like if I buy it off the dash, then I get the XBLA game Bloody Good Time, a game I didn't even know existed and looks wholly unappealing. I'd much rather have the 160 points or whatever so I could grab the Knives dlc... sigh

[quote name='therocky2']Is the buy the new halo maps get 400 pts back still in effect? I didn't see it in OP. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

Buy It, Play It,
Get 400 Microsoft Points
Purchase Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack or Halo: Reach Games on Demand from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 and get 400 Microsoft Points

[quote name='therocky2']Is the buy the new halo maps get 400 pts back still in effect? I didn't see it in OP. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

I didn't put it in the OP, as it's just for Rewards members. I guess I could always throw the rewards info in the promo section since the rewards thread is dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Buy It, Play It,
Get 400 Microsoft Points
Purchase Halo: Reach - Defiant Map Pack or Halo: Reach Games on Demand from April 1st to May 15th, 2011 and get 400 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

Nobody plays Reach anymore, so what's the point?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Finally got around to checking my dashboard for the Scott Pilgrim game and it looks like if I buy it off the dash, then I get the XBLA game Bloody Good Time, a game I didn't even know existed and looks wholly unappealing. I'd much rather have the 160 points or whatever so I could grab the Knives dlc... sigh[/QUOTE]

same here, id much rather have the knives dlc or at least the 160 points back.

[quote name='drStaton']same here, id much rather have the knives dlc or at least the 160 points back.[/QUOTE]
I think I'm probably going to get it and then try to trade the code for BGT to someone for Knives DLC or something else. I mean, I really want the Scott Pilgrim game, but was going to wait for another sale to pick it up, since I missed it the day of the holiday sales. But with a bonus with purchase, I would grab it. Knives DLC sounded cool, but BGT does not sound worth it.

Edit: I wish there was a way to 'force' the bonus you want, like with the promo a couple months back of a year of Gold and a Spartan Helmet for $30, but there probably isn't. I don't have the time to screw around and try to see if it's possible though.

[quote name='EYEL1NER']I think I'm probably going to get it and then try to trade the code for BGT to someone for Knives DLC or something else.[/QUOTE]

Good luck. It's a multiplayer game that no one was playing the week it came out. I can't see too many people being interested in it.

Is portal still alive worth getting at 600msp? Should I wait until they have it at 400pts? What's the difference between the XBLA version and the orange box version? Just a heads up I have the the Orange Box for PC and X360 already.

[quote name='louiedog']Good luck. It's a multiplayer game that no one was playing the week it came out. I can't see too many people being interested in it.[/QUOTE]
Multiplayer only? Ouch. Well, maybe I'll just dump the code in the 'free 360 codes' thread then.

[quote name='EarthKing']Is portal still alive worth getting at 600msp? Should I wait until they have it at 400pts? What's the difference between the XBLA version and the orange box version? Just a heads up I have the the Orange Box for PC and X360 already.[/QUOTE]

It's the same, except that the arcade version has some extra levels. I own both because Portal is the type of game that I like messing around with a few levels at a time and don't want to always drag out the disk when I get an urge to play for a bit.

Edit: I think you can download the extra levels for free with the PC version.

Didn't they give Portal away for free at one point?

I also believe that the PC version has all the updates and "extra levels" that people have mentioned.

[quote name='watcher0']Didn't they give Portal away for free at one point?[/QUOTE]

I think they gave it away when Steam launched on Mac.

[quote name='EarthKing']What's up for next week?[/QUOTE]
I don't think anything's been officially announced yet.

[quote name='drawingboard']They announced last Friday that this would be the final DotW.

hint. "last Friday"[/QUOTE]

Wait, so there will be no more Deals of the Week from Microsoft?!?

[quote name='drawingboard']They announced last Friday that this would be the final DotW.

hint. "last Friday"[/QUOTE]

I might be drunk, but I know you're not making any damn sense.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So that was their form of an April Fools joke? So not funny Microsoft! OSX here I come![/QUOTE]

lol. No, it was my idea of a joke. They put all those games on sale April 1st.
I am starting to get worried though. We should have heard something by now. Maybe next week's is just really lame, so they're not announcing it ahead of time. IDK

So, I bought Portal, but am wondering if 600 is just the new price, rather than a sale price, as the page did not have the full 1200 price struck-through above it.

[quote name='drawingboard']lol. No, it was my idea of a joke. They put all those games on sale April 1st.
I am starting to get worried though. We should have heard something by now. Maybe next week's is just really lame, so they're not announcing it ahead of time. IDK[/QUOTE]

Or maybe it's so awesome they didn't want people to skip last week's sales to save their points.

/optimist

[quote name='louiedog']Or maybe it's so awesome they didn't want people to skip last week's sales to save their points.

/delusional optimist[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back