XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Taking a break before I do the metacritic and quick look links[/QUOTE]

Thanks for keeping the OP updated. I appreciate being able to come here to look that info up.

[quote name='ooga']

Peggle Nights 200 (will this work with the disc version that came with Plants vs Zombies?)

[/QUOTE]

I have Peggle on a popcap compilation disc with feeding frenzy 2 and some other game that slips my mind at the moment. The nights expansion does indeed work with the disc copy. I can't imagine the plants vs. zombie disc compilation being any different.

[quote name='seanr1221']Ilomilo! :whee:[/QUOTE]

Same reaction I had. ^_^

Between that and Final Fight (which I can confirm has not been on sale previously, because I've been watching and waiting for a sale since the day the game came out), I am quite happy.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']You'll get an email when they credit the points to your account.

In for Braid.[/QUOTE]

i just turned on my 360 and saw i had more points than last time
just got the email about it an hour ago though

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']What on Earth is Ilomilo!? Everyone sure is excited about it![/QUOTE]

It's a strange game. At the surface its a puzzle game, but as you continue to play, you discover its the most lovably, sickeningly cute game you'll ever encounter.

The premise is that ilo and milo are the bestest of friends evar, and you must solve puzzles to allow them to reach each other so they can do their bestest friend things. You can't give up on a puzzle, because then you'd be a meanie for keeping ilo and milo apart! And that would be terrible. You can't let that happen.

In for ilomilo

....and prolly $40 worth of other shit that will sit in my backlog.

sales. psh.

Wow, my head is spinning from all the sales. It's pretty awesome to get a big Microsoft sale in addition to the already expanded Deals of the Week.

I'm already starting to forget: has Mega Man 9 ever been on sale? I feel like I've had MM10 on my hard drive forever and still unplayed because I've been waiting for MM9 to go on sale.

I'm still debating on whether to pick up Alan Wake: The Writer DLC. IIRC, it was on sale for 200 MSP during the holidays. I don't know if a dollar's difference is enough to dissuade me.

yea i just got about 130 points back. I'd grab braid if i hadnt grabbed it when the price dropped to 800, idk why i didnt wait. other than that i pretty much have everything else on sale. debating on limbo and monday night combat come friday

Anyone notice the new price drops for the month of april? I saw it this morning on my dashboard but didn't see it updated on this thread.

Lots of more content to add, update!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/12/xbox-live-april-schedule-redux-gears-3-beta-deals-on-limbo-sh/

Deal of the Week:
April 12 - April 18: Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
April 12 - April 18: Mega Man 10 - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 12 - April 18: Final Fight Double Impact - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 12 - April 18: Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 12 - April 18: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
April 19 - April 25: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Toned Body DLC - 160 MS Points ($2)
April 19 - April 25: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Bollywood DLC - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
April 19 - April 25: 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Peggle - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Peggle Nights - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Plants vs. Zombies - 800 MS Points ($10)
April 19 - April 25: ilomilo - 400 MS Points ($5)

April 19 - April 25: Avatar Egg Hunt - 80 MS Points ($1)
April 19 - April 25: Avatar Bunny Outfit - 120 MS Points ($1.50)
April 19 - April 25: Monkey Prop - 120 MS Points ($1.50)

[quote name='Idx86']Okay CAGers.

MvC2, or Braid?

...or both?[/QUOTE]

Def Braid. One of my favorite XBLA games.

[quote name='rapsodist']I'm already starting to forget: has Mega Man 9 ever been on sale? I feel like I've had MM10 on my hard drive forever and still unplayed because I've been waiting for MM9 to go on sale.[/quote]

No Mega Man 9 has not been on sale.

[quote name='Althax']Anyone notice the new price drops for the month of april? [/quote]

Here is the listing...
Just Cause 2 - 29.99 (from 39.99)
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - 19.99 (from 29.99)
Transformers War for Cybertron - 39.99 (from 49.99)
UFC Undisputer 2010 - 29.99 (from 39.99)
Metro 2033 - 39.99 (from 49.99)
Need for Speed Shift - 19.99 (from 29.99)
Puzzlequest 2 - 800pts (from 1200pts)
Comic Jumper - 800pts (from 1200pts)
Droplitz - 400pts (from 800pts)

[quote name='drawingboard']I just wish they would have included Dead Rising 2: Case West in the Capcom sale. Too soon, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Will there be a GOTY or bundle where Case Zero, Case West and DR2 are all on one or two discs?

MvC2, or Braid?

...or both?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your tastes, they are two different games lol.

Braid is fun and def worth the price but MvC2 will last you longer since it has multiplayer and can be played sporadically. I'd say unless you have backlog so big you wont touch them for a while, get both.

[quote name='lordopus99']Def Braid. One of my favorite XBLA games.

No Mega Man 9 has not been on sale.

Here is the listing...
Just Cause 2 - 29.99 (from 39.99)
Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands - 19.99 (from 29.99)
Transformers War for Cybertron - 39.99 (from 49.99)
UFC Undisputer 2010 - 29.99 (from 39.99)
Metro 2033 - 39.99 (from 49.99)
Need for Speed Shift - 19.99 (from 29.99)
Puzzlequest 2 - 800pts (from 1200pts)
Comic Jumper - 800pts (from 1200pts)
Droplitz - 400pts (from 800pts)[/QUOTE]

Anyone care to comment on puzzle quest 2? 1200 seemed like too much but for 800 I'm tempted. I enjoyed the first one but got sick of a few things towards the end...

[quote name='Althax']Anyone notice the new price drops for the month of april? I saw it this morning on my dashboard but didn't see it updated on this thread.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='intoxicated662']Lots of more content to add, update!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/12/xbox-live-april-schedule-redux-gears-3-beta-deals-on-limbo-sh/

Deal of the Week:
April 12 - April 18: Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
April 12 - April 18: Mega Man 10 - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 12 - April 18: Final Fight Double Impact - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 12 - April 18: Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 12 - April 18: Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix - 600 MS Points ($7.50)
April 19 - April 25: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Toned Body DLC - 160 MS Points ($2)
April 19 - April 25: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved Bollywood DLC - 200 MS Points ($2.50)
April 19 - April 25: 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Peggle - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Peggle Nights - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Plants vs. Zombies - 800 MS Points ($10)
April 19 - April 25: ilomilo - 400 MS Points ($5)
April 19 - April 25: Avatar Egg Hunt - 80 MS Points ($1)
April 19 - April 25: Avatar Bunny Outfit - 120 MS Points ($1.50)
April 19 - April 25: Monkey Prop - 120 MS Points ($1.50)[/QUOTE]

reddjoey had you covered on the first post.

Looks like I have all the Capcom stuff. The way everyone was talking this morning, I though BC:R2 was included, despite being super new.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Looks like I have all the Capcom stuff. The way everyone was talking this morning, I though BC:R2 was included, despite being super new.[/QUOTE]

The reason everyone thought BC:R2 was on sale was because it was listed on the US xbox.com DOTW page. Xbox.com fucked up.

[quote name='rapsodist']
I'm still debating on whether to pick up Alan Wake: The Writer DLC. IIRC, it was on sale for 200 MSP during the holidays. I don't know if a dollar's difference is enough to dissuade me.[/QUOTE]

Whereas "The Signal" was primarily just combat, "The Writer" actually felt like it was part of the regular game. It had similar pacing as the other episodes, with perhaps a touch more puzzle solving. If you enjoyed the base game, I think the 3-4 bucks for the extra hour or two would be worth it to you. I liked it.

[quote name='nCogNeato']reddjoey had you covered on the first post.[/QUOTE]

Those are Sales, not Price Cuts. Xbox does Price Cuts once a month and advertise it on dashboard.

[quote name='P a t r i c k']You'll get an email when they credit the points to your account.

In for Braid.[/QUOTE]

Have people already been credited for March purchases? I spent about 900 points in March and received no refund, is it not valid on sale items?

[quote name='lordopus99']Those are Sales, not Price Cuts. Xbox does Price Cuts once a month and advertise it on dashboard.[/QUOTE]

Price drops are still covered at the beginning of the thread

[quote name='hostyl1']Whereas "The Signal" was primarily just combat, "The Writer" actually felt like it was part of the regular game. It had similar pacing as the other episodes, with perhaps a touch more puzzle solving. If you enjoyed the base game, I think the 3-4 bucks for the extra hour or two would be worth it to you. I liked it.[/QUOTE]

That sounds cool.
Does "The Writer" still make sense if you have it and not "The Signal"?
I got the "download version" therefore do not have the signal, like new retail disks.

I downloaded Duke Nukem 3D today. So glad it finally went back on sale again since I missed it last time.

I'll definitely get ilomilo when it goes on sale next week.

What about Perfect Dark? Sorry about my ignorance but does it have a campaign or is it just multiplayer? I would imagine it does have a campaign because isn't it a remake of a N64 game?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gotdott']Price drops are still covered at the beginning of the thread[/QUOTE]

Right but the newest drops havent been update yet (at least not since I last went back to page one). Go back one page and someone posted aprils drops.

Edit: just checked and they have been updated on page 1. I'm looking at puzzle quest 2 for 800. Can anyone recommend it or warn away from it?

[quote name='prayformojo']Have people already been credited for March purchases? I spent about 900 points in March and received no refund, is it not valid on sale items?[/QUOTE]

Now I do not feel so bad.
Others have reported that they got theirs and I have not heard anything either.

[quote name='intoxicated662']
April 19 - April 25: Peggle Nights - 400 MS Points ($5)[/QUOTE]

That should be 200 MSP ($2.5).

MvC2, or Braid?

...or both?[/QUOTE]

People keep forgetting that the beauty of XBLA is that you can download a trial of both games and find out yourself.
Myself if I had to choose one I would go with Braid. But that's because I suck at fighting games and have no hand-eye coordination.

[quote name='lordopus99']Those are Sales, not Price Cuts. Xbox does Price Cuts once a month and advertise it on dashboard.[/QUOTE]

I put the price drops in the second post. They have been there for a couple months.

Sorry I'm slow today on updating the OP. It's not as easy as you think. If I just did "cut and paste" work the OP would resemble "cut and paste" info and I don't think that would be very useful

[quote name='ravens52bears54']What about Perfect Dark? Sorry about my ignorance but does it have a campaign ir is it just multiplayer? I would imagine it does have a campaign because isn't it a remake of a N64 game?[/QUOTE]

It has both and the campaign is also co-op (online or offline).

EDIT: Also it is awesome however, if you have never played it before (or fps on the N64) it may not be as awesome.

[quote name='prayformojo']Have people already been credited for March purchases? I spent about 900 points in March and received no refund, is it not valid on sale items?[/QUOTE]

I got my rewards email today and no credit for the $100+ I spent. Going to have to email them about it.

[quote name='Kaltic']It has both and the campaign is also co-op (online or offline).

EDIT: Also it is awesome however, if you have never played it before (or fps on the N64) it may not be as awesome.[/QUOTE]
Ok, thanks. I remember checking out the demo when it first released and thinking it was pretty meh but I'll give it another shot.

[quote name='reddjoey']I put the price drops in the second post. They have been there for a couple months.

Sorry I'm slow today on updating the OP. It's not as easy as you think. If I just did "cut and paste" work the OP would resemble "cut and paste" info and I don't think that would be very useful[/QUOTE]

It's appreciated Red. I just didn't want those price cuts overlooked by those checking the board. Easy to do in the huge sale frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back