XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Definately getting Ilomilo this week, maybe Fancy Pants too.....

On a side note, that new Sonic trailer has me pretty hyped, looks like a mix between Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Colors.

[quote name='JCNY23']Would getting Toy Soldiers during this sale be a wise choice?[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the 400 point sale sometime in the future. If you can wait it out I would. If you really want to play it now why not?

[quote name='drStaton']can someone please convince me to pick up ilomilo?[/QUOTE]

I picked this up for full price last week *just* before this week's sale items were announced (of course)... that was definitely frustrating, but I'm not regretting my purchase at all. It's a fun little game with a unique style to it, and the puzzles do get more complex than the demo shows off. I'm about halfway through now and a handful of the levels have been pretty tricky (especially the bonus ones). For me it's worth the money to have a laid back game like that to mix in with whatever else I'm playing.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Peggle and Peggle nights are soooooo worth it[/QUOTE]

Co-signed.

I enjoyed ilomilo, and definitely think it is worth it for that price. However, the game dragged a little for me once I hit the 3rd and 4th world. I played it co-op with my wife and for the first two worlds, we had a blast. After that, I felt like the difficulty spiked a lot, compared to the steady progression of the first two worlds. There was also a lot of inconsistency as far as difficulty goes within the last two worlds. It was a very cool and original game, but by the end, it felt almost like a chore to finish the game. Definitely a game you have to play in spurts.

Reminder, last day to get anything that is currently on sale. Don't regret it later on so get what you want and don't hesitate. I finally got Alan Wake The Writer. It got good reviews and an 1 1/2 hour of gameplay is just right for me. Looking forward to the Sega sale tomorrow and if what someone posted earlier is true, i'll be getting half of the games listed as I already have the other half. 5% back on all purchases in April too so don't forget about the rewards program.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm constantly on the look out for cheap points now. I just bought 8k for $77 from newegg this weekend. Hopefully they will be in before I use my last 6k I have now. If I buy all the Sega stuff I'm interested in I'm looking at ~3100 points gone for the week and that's not counting the Spring Sale I totally forgot about until you mentioned Peggle Nights. Looks like another expensive week![/QUOTE]

Today only, buy 1 Xbox 4000pt card, get 1 @ 50% off, which brings the cost (incl. $10 s/h, ouch!) to $85, aka 42.50'ish each. It's not as deep of cuts as NewEgg, but it's still a good option if you don't mind having 8000pts:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11343947

Was hoping for less than 800 for Sonic 4 since it's been at 800 at least twice before. ah well, passing on it again.

Will be picking up Happy Tree Friends.. game is average at best but I enjoy the cartoon.

I'm still on the fence for Peggle Deluxe/Nights. On one hand, Peggle is a great casual game with immense replay value. On the other hand, I'd already played the hell out of the series for years on my PC.

I suspect it's much the same reason none of the people who constantly raved to me about Plants vs. Zombies actually bought the damn game when it hit XBLA, leaving me with no one to play. :roll:

[quote name='NoDAK']I'm still on the fence for Peggle Deluxe/Nights. On one hand, Peggle is a great casual game with immense replay value. On the other hand, I'd already played the hell out of the series for years on my PC.

I suspect it's much the same reason none of the people who constantly raved to me about Plants vs. Zombies actually bought the damn game when it hit XBLA, leaving me with no one to play. :roll:[/QUOTE]

I personally enjoy playing Peggle more with the 360 controller than a mouse/keyboard. Also, being able to play it on the TV while sitting on the couch is a big plus since it's such a casual game, especially with friends.

[quote name='Cornelius']Today only, buy 1 Xbox 4000pt card, get 1 @ 50% off, which brings the cost (incl. $10 s/h, ouch!) to $85, aka 42.50'ish each. It's not as deep of cuts as NewEgg, but it's still a good option if you don't mind having 8000pts:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11343947[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip. Since I just got the newegg ones (ordered Friday should be here by Wednesday) I should be good for a bit. Always looking out for the huge discounts though. For now 10k points should hold me unless M$ keeps doing these insanely big deal weeks.

Boy wouldn't it be awesome getting a customer appreciation thing from these guys since half or most of these games I already own. I picked up Raskulls, Keflings, and Ilomilo on launch for full price (I know I could have waited). It'd be nice to get Ilomilo DLC for free thanks. ;)

[quote name='bsmiff']I personally enjoy playing Peggle more with the 360 controller than a mouse/keyboard. Also, being able to play it on the TV while sitting on the couch is a big plus since it's such a casual game, especially with friends.[/QUOTE]
I'm kinda surprised you prefer the controller. I would have thought you'd lose accuracy without the mouse. Speaking of playing with friends, do you (or anyone here) know if a local player/guest can join you in a 4-player online match?

Looks like a fellow CAG is gonna hook me up with her PopCap Vol. 2 disc, so I'll just need to pickup the Night DLC.

[quote name='NoDAK']I'm kinda surprised you prefer the controller. I would have thought you'd lose accuracy without the mouse. Speaking of playing with friends, do you (or anyone here) know if a local player/guest can join you in a 4-player online match?

Looks like a fellow CAG is gonna hook me up with her PopCap Vol. 2 disc, so I'll just need to pickup the Night DLC.[/QUOTE]

Just something about sitting back on the couch, not leaning over a desk and mouse, using a wireless controller flows better for me for a game like Peggle. I have it on my Mac as well and don't have any trouble as far as accuracy goes with the 360 controller in comparison.

As far as local multiplayer goes, I think it's limited to 2 player duels, no online integration. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry guys, swamped in prepping for finals. I'll update the OP with the SEGA sale (pretty sure NA will get the same deals) as soon as I get done with this paper. (Approx 2 hours or so)

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry guys, swamped in prepping for finals. I'll update the OP with the SEGA sale (pretty sure NA will get the same deals) as soon as I get done with this paper. (Approx 2 hours or so)[/QUOTE]
No rush man. These deals aren't going anywhere for a week. Take care of your homework. The Internet will survive. :)

[quote name='reddjoey']Sorry guys, swamped in prepping for finals. I'll update the OP with the SEGA sale (pretty sure NA will get the same deals) as soon as I get done with this paper. (Approx 2 hours or so)[/QUOTE]

Finals and BSing my way through term papers at 3am are the two things I definitely don't miss about college.

Take your time, man. And good luck!

[quote name='vamn']Finals and BSing my way through term papers at 3am are the two things I definitely don't miss about college.

Take your time, man. And good luck![/QUOTE]

Being in my second year of college ftw :(. (Along with being a massive procrastinator).

[quote name='bajingo']can anyone confirm if they "fixed" the co op part of gunstar heroes, where when you died you had to wait for the other player to die in order to come back. i saw a blurb about it being fixed for PS3, but couldnt find any 360 info. can anyone confirm that they have or have not fixed this?[/QUOTE]

question bump

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Is this sale good in stores? I would definitely pick this up.[/QUOTE]

The buy 1 get 1 half only works in store on the blister packed points cards. If your store has them then it should work fine.

Seems most stores only have the giftcard style ones now, which do not work.

[quote name='OregonDealz']The buy 1 get 1 half only works in store on the blister packed points cards. If your store has them then it should work fine.

Seems most stores only have the giftcard style ones now, which do not work.[/QUOTE]

I'm checking tomorrow because that's an awesome deal.

[quote name='Zonic505']Sega Europe has posted the sale going on tomorrow.

sale-prices.png

Hmm, I just got Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, plus OutRun, Afterburner, & the Sonic games. Really, the only game I DON'T have on that list is Happy Tree Friends (no interest) and Virtual On (I don't know, I wanted to like it, but the controls felt meh).[/QUOTE]

Looks like I'm saving my money for the sale next week. Still have 1600 points laying around. I was hoping that Sonic 4 was going to be 400 points but oh well.

[quote name='DarkZion']Got ilomilo. And Blood and Thunder.[/QUOTE]

Really? I just logged on minutes ago and the dashboard still wasn't updated. Are you in the U.S.

[quote name='ravens52bears54']Really? I just logged on minutes ago and the dashboard still wasn't updated. Are you in the U.S.[/QUOTE]
I bought them off xbox.com

FInally picked up Gunstar Heroes. Debating about Virtual On iIremember downloading the demo before but not being sure about it.
Seems like everything is 50% off but sonic 4.

Phew, grabbed the Noble pack at the last second. I completely forgot until I woke up.

I'll be getting a lot from this sale...

Ilomilo
Golden Axe
Altered Beast (Yeah, it stinks, but it's 2.50 and a huge part of my childhood).
Comix Zone
Shinobi
Virtual On

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm debating Virtual On too. I had it for dreamcast, but would it be worth it at that price for someone with a large backlog anyway? any thoughts?

So what's the deal with Street of Rage 2? This sale put me in the mood to play it, but when I went to start it up, it says it's a demo, even though I bought the full version at launch.

What a nice surprise that the SEGA deals are mostly 50% off now. I'm in for Altered Beast, Gunstar Heroes, Streets of Rage 2, Comix Zone, maybe Ecco and double maybe VO:OT. Oh and Peggle Nights too.

[quote name='seanr1221']So what's the deal with Street of Rage 2? This sale put me in the mood to play it, but when I went to start it up, it says it's a demo, even though I bought the full version at launch.[/QUOTE]

Dude, that happen to me a while ago. Tried to boost with someone and it wouldn't work. I recently got it to work. I cleared the cache, and with some luck it worked. But then it happened again, so i went online to see my purchase history found it and re-downloaded the game from my purchased list- i didnt want to delete and get stuck having to buy it again. It now works fine. now i just need someone to coop wit me for cheeves. I wonder if this is common.

[quote name='seanr1221']So what's the deal with Street of Rage 2? This sale put me in the mood to play it, but when I went to start it up, it says it's a demo, even though I bought the full version at launch.[/QUOTE]

If by chance you're doing the buy it on another console trick to share the cost of games, this will happen with all of the sega titles. You'll have to "unlock" the game each time you want to play.

saw this on the Rewards page for xbox:

Get the Halo Reach
Banshee for Your Avatar.
From now through May 15, spend 200 or more Microsoft Points in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and get a Halo Banshee avatar item free!

By the way, I believe MS Points get rounded up to the next highest number. I was suppose to get 264 ms points and instead received 270 ms points, now gotta wait for them to reflect on my account.

[quote name='dchrisd']Did I miss Limbo? I thought it was going to be on sale?[/QUOTE]

Sorry. You missed it. It was 50% off (600pts) on 4/15 - a one-day sale.

So apparently some prices are even better than advertised? Most of the 240 MSP games seem to actually be 200 MSP instead, and Sonic and Knuckles is showing up at 120 MSP! Nice!

EDIT: Now when I try to look on xbox.com, though, I keep getting server errors. Hopefully the lower prices aren't a mistake... Anybody else getting this error?

Not sure if I'm going to bite on anything this week or not. But one thing I am wondering considering how last week was and how this week seems to be the same way. But are DotWs starting Tuesdays now instead of Monday?

[quote name='JStryke']But are DotWs starting Tuesdays now instead of Monday?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Major Nelson announced the change a few weeks ago.

[quote name='MWB']Yes. Major Nelson announced the change a few weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Must have missed that some how. Preferred the Monday start, but oh well.

[quote name='ZForce915']If by chance you're doing the buy it on another console trick to share the cost of games, this will happen with all of the sega titles. You'll have to "unlock" the game each time you want to play.[/QUOTE]

This is actually a fairly common problem with most of the Sega Vintage games (it also happens with Double Dragon) and I believe it happens whenever you have to replace your system. I can't remember what I do, I think I click on "unlock Full game" from the game's menu, cancel it, and then the full game will be unlock. An annoying hassle to be sure.

You have to re-download it. The game used to give me fits trying to play it as well. I also had a launch version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back