XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']It was mentioned earlier in this thread and I believe the source is their own website. I'm too lazy to find a link to it directly on their english site (if there is one?) but here's a quick googled link to destructiod's article about the game's release.

http://www.destructoid.com/cave-s-nin2-jump-debuts-on-xbla-this-week-199636.phtml[/QUOTE]

Thank you guys. This thread moves way to fast. I'll check it out tonight and purchase if I like.

[quote name='Spylon']Thank you guys. This thread moves way to fast. I'll check it out tonight and purchase if I like.[/QUOTE]

NP. Glad to be of help. I'm thinking of buying this at full price (GASP!) because it is already priced nice and low and the proceeds are going to a good cause. It's win/win.

[quote name='Techsticles']One last note you only need 1 piece of an outfit on in order to get the effects of it. So you can buy all 4 outfits and wear a piece of each and get all the dlc perks.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... I did not know that. May actually buy the sales ones at least now and I'm a bit bummed that the others aren't on sale.

I love these sales.

Bought Case Zero when it came out becasue 400 points was gravy. Didn't get case west becasue it was 800. Now at 400, they will get my dollar.

Ugh, I was actually considering turning on my xbox for the first time in a year to download the Castlevania titles, but I have to be a gold member? Screw that.

Does anybody know if I was able to use a 48-hour gold code, could I download those titles at 50% off?

[quote name='jacobeid']Ugh, I was actually considering turning on my xbox for the first time in a year to download the Castlevania titles, but I have to be a gold member? Screw that.

Does anybody know if I was able to use a 48-hour gold code, could I download those titles at 50% off?[/QUOTE]

Gold trials do not work. You must be on a Gold subscription of at least a month.

[quote name='louiedog']Gold trials do not work. You must be on a Gold subscription of at least a month.[/QUOTE]

Meh, that's genuinely disappointing. I never play online multiplayer, so I let my gold subscription run out a year ago. Then I turned to PS3 for all of the fantastic exclusives that I missed.

I am by no means a fanboy, and would have no problem paying for these on microsoft's system, I just really dislike the need for a gold account on 360 for sales, facebook, netflix, etc. :(

Oh well.

Does Nin2-Jump have avatar awards? Demo is not helping my buy decision. It definitely has potential but I worry it will drive me up the wall come later levels.

[quote name='jacobeid']Then I turned to PS3 for all of the fantastic exclusives that I missed.
[/QUOTE]

Like Online, right? :razz: Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Probably going to pick up Case West since I already have Case Zero. Not sure on Trouble Witches yet. About to try the demo and may as well get it since Shmups rarely if ever go on sale.

[quote name='jacobeid']Meh, that's genuinely disappointing. I never play online multiplayer, so I let my gold subscription run out a year ago. Then I turned to PS3 for all of the fantastic exclusives that I missed.

I am by no means a fanboy, and would have no problem paying for these on microsoft's system, I just really dislike the need for a gold account on 360 for sales, facebook, netflix, etc. :(

Oh well.[/QUOTE]

You could check your dashboard for deals. I don't see them on mine because I'm Gold and not expiring any time soon, but I know some Free subscribers sometimes get offered rates as low as $1 for the first month if they sign up. I think there's a thread in this forum that discusses the dashboard deals, you can find more info there.

Just finished the demo for Outland. I may end up dropping some coin on it right now. Just from the demo I fully expect this game to make it into GotY discussions in December. I was completely blown away.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Does Nin2-Jump have avatar awards? Demo is not helping my buy decision. It definitely has potential but I worry it will drive me up the wall come later levels.[/QUOTE]
nope, no awards. yeah i just bought this and i'm not really lovin it. Controls don't seem as pitch perfect as super meat boy or mario games. Swinging is pretty cool, sorta like bionic comando. Game is pretty frustrating at times.

[quote name='JStryke']Like Online, right? :razz: Sorry, couldn't resist that one.
[/QUOTE]
If you read more closely you'd know that he has no interest in playing online so it's pretty much a moot point. :roll:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Just finished the demo for Outland. I may end up dropping some coin on it right now. Just from the demo I fully expect this game to make it into GotY discussions in December. I was completely blown away.[/QUOTE]
I just played the trial as well and it was great. I can already tell it's better than shadow complex. This game came out of nowhere (no hype at all?) havn't heard or seen anything about this game until today. this will definitely be on my radar.

[quote name='Newl']If you read more closely you'd know that he has no interest in playing online so it's pretty much a moot point. :roll:[/QUOTE]

No worries. PSN jokes will be abundant for a LONG time.

I don't know why, I just really fell off of the online multiplayer bandwagon. I still love split-screen though, or even some games online with friends. Portal 2 and MvC3 come to my mind immediately. Surprisingly, most of my friends with 360s don't play online either, so it was always kind of eh for me.

I completely understand why microsoft does this, but it is definitely a negative for me. I'll take a look at my dashboard though. Thank you for that suggestion.

Well, of the three released, I think Trouble Witches looks to be the best just from the demo. Nin2Jump was a lot more interesting than I thought it would be but it still doesn't seem like anything special.

Outland, Outland... The production values are through the roof and the demo did not disappoint gameplay-wise, but I'm going to hold for a couple of reviews. That said, it didn't waste my time and that probably will push it over the edge into "Buy"

Shame about Trouble Witch's awful dub though. I don't usually vote for the Japanese speech but it takes me all of 5 seconds of that awful delivery to make me flip the switch. Maybe it's the lousy material, bad direction, that English speaking women can't squeal and coo and chatter like the Japanese girls and get away with it, I dunno...

EDIT: Welp, the Outland reviews are all positively tongue-baths. It looks to be one to most definitely watch.

[quote name='RollingSkull']EDIT: Welp, the Outland reviews are all positively tongue-baths.[/QUOTE]

What... what's this mean? I guess it's good? Maybe?

The quicklook of it made it seem pretty uninspired and I'm not exactly eager to get sick of Silhouette Metroidvanias before Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet comes out.

And I really wish Nin2 was some other game. I'd gladly donate more money to Japan, but I don't want to endorse games I don't like.

I guess printed media and tongue bath really don't mix well as metaphors, but, yes, Outland is well reviewed.

If you aren't sick of silhouette indie platformers by now, you never will be, bro. Dig in.

The demo impressed me but I am still going to hold off until I see some boss fights or something with some meat.

And, Trouble Witches Neo? The Japanese voices? Just. As. Awful. Euuuugh.

[quote name='kayatai']to be honest, I only played the demo of Case Zero and purchased Case West. I can't imagine the the gameplay will be any different for you. The only reason I didn't pick up DR2/CZ is because I didn't like the storyline (girl). killing zombies will get repetitive after awhile, but seems fun in small doses.

FYI: DR2 has co-op as well, both DR2 and CW are online coop only (no local co-op).[/QUOTE]Thanks. I didn't know Dead Rising 2 had co-op in it. I guess I might give Dead Rising another shot. I've tried on three separate occasions to get into the first Dead Rising, but never really got into it. Maybe the co-op is where it's at.

I honestly couldn't get into the first Dead Rising either. The saving system sucked (it's somewhat better in the second one) and having to fight that Spanish-speaking boss over five times, not even getting past the first day, frustrated me. The bit I've played of Dead Rising 2 was enjoyable.

[quote name='dgwillia006']On a side note, atleast Trouble Witches FINALLY comes out tonight.[/QUOTE]

Whats everyone's thoughts on this ever going DotW? Only shmup that I know went DotW was Ikaruga.

I've been watching Triggerheart Exelica for a while, and so far no DotW; so I'm pretty skepticle about Trouble Witches....

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Whats everyone's thoughts on this ever going DotW? Only shmup that I know went DotW was Ikaruga.

I've been watching Triggerheart Exelica for a while, and so far no DotW; so I'm pretty skepticle about Trouble Witches....[/QUOTE]

i've been waiting for raystorm hd, triggerheart, omega five to drop in price for a while

Same here. I want TriggerHeart & Omega Five to be on sale so I can get those.

& just a heads-up, you can FINALLY buy Trouble Witches Neo, as they fixed the problem.

Debating throwing one of the free 1-month trial codes for Live I have into this just to pick up the Dead Rising 2 stuff for cheap. I know it was mentioned earlier, but there's no official word on whether the DLCs will be included with Off The Record, right?

Also, would there be any downside to playing just Case Zero and Case West without having Dead Rising 2 on the platform? I was going to wait for a Dead Rising 2/Off the Record combo deal on Steam so I wouldn't be playing the base game on the Xbox 360, and wondering if it will make any real difference, especially with Case West (I don't really mind that I won't be able to start Dead Rising 2 at level 5 from Case Zero)

[quote name='Edge']Debating throwing one of the free 1-month trial codes for Live I have into this just to pick up the Dead Rising 2 stuff for cheap. I know it was mentioned earlier, but there's no official word on whether the DLCs will be included with Off The Record, right?

Also, would there be any downside to playing just Case Zero and Case West without having Dead Rising 2 on the platform? I was going to wait for a Dead Rising 2/Off the Record combo deal on Steam so I wouldn't be playing the base game on the Xbox 360, and wondering if it will make any real difference, especially with Case West (I don't really mind that I won't be able to start Dead Rising 2 at level 5 from Case Zero)[/QUOTE]

Case West takes place after Dead Rising 2 and nothing carries over from the game. Other than that small level bump from Case Zero when starting Dead Rising 2, you won't be missing anything by playing the main game on another platform.

[quote name='Edge']Debating throwing one of the free 1-month trial codes for Live I have into this just to pick up the Dead Rising 2 stuff for cheap.[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that you aren't able to take advantage of the gold deals with free trial subscriptions... or maybe that just applies to the 48 hour trial codes.

Triggerheart will never go on sale. Just buy it.

Omega Five - it has a better chance of being delisted now that Konami owns Hudson

RayStorm HD - maybe if there's a Taito sale but don't count on it because 1942 was ignored in the Capcom one

Trouble Witches and Strania - FFS just buy them already! They're cheap as they are and both SNK and G.Rev have rich shmup libraries that will never be ported if everyone is waiting for sales.

[quote name='Koopler']Triggerheart will never go on sale. Just buy it.

Omega Five - it has a better chance of being delisted now that Konami owns Hudson

RayStorm HD - maybe if there's a Taito sale but don't count on it because 1942 was ignored in the Capcom one

Trouble Witches and Strania - FFS just buy them already! They're cheap as they are and both SNK and G.Rev have rich shmup libraries that will never be ported if everyone is waiting for sales.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like there's enough to do a schmup themed DotW to me. :D

I'm really liking Outland so far. Kind of surprised this one didn't launch at the 1200 price point to be honest. At 800, I didn't hesitate to hit buy. Nin2-jump on the other hand...I really wanted to like this game, but the demo just didn't do anything for me. I may give it another chance today, but now I'm leaning toward putting those points toward Case West.

[quote name='Edge']Debating throwing one of the free 1-month trial codes for Live I have into this just to pick up the Dead Rising 2 stuff for cheap.[/QUOTE]
You're going to want to save that then.
Free trials don't allow you to take advantage of the sales, you need to be a Gold member for longer then a month

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You're going to want to save that then.
Free trials don't allow you to take advantage of the sales, you need to be a Gold member for longer then a month[/QUOTE]

Huh? I don't think there are 1-month trials, are there? I think all one-month codes are regular Xbox Live Gold subscriptions. I've never seen a one-month trial and I've been using one-month cards and codes I got from a promo for a year.

[quote name='louiedog']Huh? I don't think there are 1-month trials, are there? I think all one-month codes are regular Xbox Live Gold subscriptions. I've never seen a one-month trial and I've been using one-month cards and codes I got from a promo for a year.[/QUOTE]

Maybe they don't have them anymore, but I know I've had a couple before. I remember that a 1-month trial came with Gears of War. I have a faint recollection of GTA IV including one as well.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']You're going to want to save that then.
Free trials don't allow you to take advantage of the sales, you need to be a Gold member for longer then a month[/QUOTE]

To the best of my knowledge 1 month codes work for the DOTW, it is only the 48 hour trials that don't. I don't throw that stuff away unless I used it, so the fact my GTAIV is missing the card means I used it and I know I haven't had anything other than full gold membership since 2 months after I bought my Xbox. (I used the free month, let it expire for a couple of weeks then re-subscribed)

I recommend waiting till after 12am on Monday to use that, you'll still be able to buy the DOTW games (though xbox.com if nothing else) and you may get lucky and have the system say it was Tuesday that you started Gold and get one more DOTW out of it.

[quote name='rapsodist']Maybe they don't have them anymore, but I know I've had a couple before. I remember that a 1-month trial came with Gears of War. I have a faint recollection of GTA IV including one as well.[/QUOTE]

Just checked my GTA IV box and you're right, they do use the 1-month trial language. I do remember using it, but I don't remember limitations like the 48-hour has, although that could have been before they started delaying demos for silver members. There's a URL for more info, but it looks like it was lost in the xbox.com update last year.

I used a pair of those GTA IV one-month cards (that came from used copies from Blockbuster), and they stacked onto a normal, existing gold membership, no problem. They give you full-fledged gold. It's just the 48-hour cards that only give you the "trial" restrictions, where you get online play but no discounts, etc.

[quote name='Idx86']Yes! Dead Rising DLC deals! I'll be picking up both Case Zero and Case West today.[/QUOTE]

same here and for that price im probably going to pick of the skills packs as well, i kinda wish the other two were on sale.

[quote name='Zonic505']Now that you mention it, I don't get why the other 2 skill packs aren't on sale. What makes the 2 that are special?[/QUOTE]

Popularity? Just based on seeing people talk about them, it seems that the ninja pack is most popular and useful. Maybe the sales on these two were pretty bad?

So i load up my Nin2-Jump today and it says my save file is corrupt.

Yeaahh... I cannot recommend this game, if you really want to support japan just donate directly to redcross, do not support this shoddy shit.

*sigh* Looks like i have to beat this (boring) game in one sitting... :roll:

[quote name='Zonic505']Now that you mention it, I don't get why the other 2 skill packs aren't on sale. What makes the 2 that are special?[/QUOTE]

not sure why they went with these two, ninja was definitely the most popular and really the only one I was interested in. that being said, 80 points was just too good to pass up so I grabbed them both.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Hey guys, I have 200msp. Is Case Zero worth buying if I no intention of playing Dead Rising 2?[/QUOTE]

200msp is a steal for this. Its kind of like an extended demo of Dead Rising 2. If you go for all the achievements it takes I think 6-8 hours. If you have no intention of playing Dead Rising 2 because you don't like that type of game then you probably wont like this. If you have never played any Dead Rising I would give it a shot with case zero.

[quote name='Newl']So i load up my Nin2-Jump today and it says my save file is corrupt.

Yeaahh... I cannot recommend this game, if you really want to support japan just donate directly to redcross, do not support this shoddy shit.

*sigh* Looks like i have to beat this (boring) game in one sitting... :roll:[/QUOTE]

My save file works just fine...

[quote name='drStaton']not sure why they went with these two, ninja was definitely the most popular and really the only one I was interested in. that being said, 80 points was just too good to pass up so I grabbed them both.[/QUOTE]

Just in case everybody doesn't know, the four Dead Rising 2 clothing packs' bonuses stack with each other. If you wear one article from each pack, you'll receive the bonuses for every pack. So if you feel like making the game easier, it's definitely a good idea to grab them all, regardless of their looks.

[quote name='Newl']So i load up my Nin2-Jump today and it says my save file is corrupt.

*sigh* Looks like i have to beat this (boring) game in one sitting... :roll:[/QUOTE]

seems you're one of the few who have had this problem. Actually, you're the only person to have this problem that i'm aware of. Try clearing your Cache next time first, sucks your save got corrupt though. Anyways, I figure i'm doing a good deed by buying this. You're basically donating $5 to Japan relief and getting a free game out of it. Not a great game, but not a bad game it's pretty decent for the price. Looking forward to next weeks deals..

Case Zero and Case West are both unique levels of DR2, condensed, tightly packed experiences. West has more content, starts you at level 45 instead of level 1, and is just a bit more refined, but it's also dopier, showing the series going the way of Resident Evil's awful sequences of twists they pretended was a plot. Case Zero is more thematically DR.

Both are good. Both have one lousy boss fight. For the price, they're both worth it. The best way to get the whole DR2 experience is to really buy them separate on Xbox and then get the expertly ported PC version.

[quote name='intoxicated662']seems you're one of the few who have had this problem. Actually, you're the only person to have this problem that i'm aware of. Try clearing your Cache next time first, sucks your save got corrupt though. Anyways, I figure i'm doing a good deed by buying this. You're basically donating $5 to Japan relief and getting a free game out of it. Not a great game, but not a bad game it's pretty decent for the price. Looking forward to next weeks deals..[/QUOTE]

Check the Ninjump forums. He's not the only one.

And, you're donating less than $5. You forgot Microsoft's take for hosting the game.

Didnt the Ninja Pack go on sale sometime in the last few months? I want to say Christmas, but idk. I bought CZ already and am probably gonna grab Case West and one of the Skill packs since I was 1480 points. Nice way to get even again. Might grab another or even Ninja.

Also, gonna use one of the PowerupRewards 10$ off coupons from that steal of the week to grab Dead Rising 2 for a little over Gamestop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back