XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm telling you all. Deals ate going to such because summer is coming and they always have summer deals on. I'm hoping for torchlight.

[quote name='Althax']I'm telling you all. Deals ate going to such because summer is coming and they always have summer deals on. I'm hoping for torchlight.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I think something big is coming this summer, which is why I'm not complaining about the bad sales. I too am hoping for Torchlight.

It's amazing how fast people forget. There was a string of good sales (and double sales too!) for like 2 months solid in March/April. I dropped ~10k points in those months. I knew it wouldn't last forever but I'm so grateful for those sales. Especially since XBL Rewards was giving 5% back during those months. It was the most I've ever spent in 2 month period and the timing simply could not have been better for a temporary 5% rebate.

Yes the sales have sucked lately, but there's always hope they will do something good again.

Thanks for the update, I'd get Dr Feelgood, but I've got most of the songs already from the Pepsi promotion a couple summers ago. At 33% off I don't think I have to have any of the other packs.

[quote name='The Brief Chef']Does anyone know or remember if Psychonauts has ever gone on sale? I'd love to have that in my HDD[/QUOTE]
Just as a note as I bought it, it requires you to be offline when using it and there are some notable graphical issues such as palette swapping from time to time or audio issues such as desyncing. But that goes for all original xbox games on the 360 that aren't halo 2.

Rock Band DLC hardly ever goes on sale. I'll be picking a few of these up. All you whiners need to realize that other people have tastes too. Sure, 33% isn't a huge discount, but it's better than nothing.

I don't get all this hate... Did everyone forget how crappy the DotW was when it just started?
Just 1 item every week, and most of the time, a crappy one. We were desperate for XBLA game deals and all we usually got were stuff like a Ninja Gaiden II DLC for 33% off...

Then about a year ago MS actually took it up a notch and started putting out multiple items every week, which is 10 times better than what it used to be. Even 4 crappy DLC items are still a lot better than 1 crappy DLC item.

Not to mention the awesome deals on Christmas, New Year's, and other major holidays... Games for 200 MSP, and GOOD ones.

And in the past few months we've even had a lot of weeks with DOUBLE deals, featuring multiple items in each (the normal one + a publisher themed one).

I'm usually not one to give credit to MS for their various underwhelming promo events or attempts to justify buying a Gold account.
But I honestly think they're doing it right with the DotW. I never imagined it will get this good back when it started, and it just keeps getting better and better, overall.

1 month of deals that don't appeal to every single user won't change that for me.

reddjoey, I'd love to hear your take on this, as someone who's obviously been following the DotW for a long time.

Meh, I can wait for the E3 sale. Im sure there is going to be something. Hoping Torchlight, Marvel Pinball and BGAE HD go on sale for the first time.

RB DLC is very much filler. So I would feel something good is coming for E3 week. I really like RB, they did their games and the massive catalog of DLC properly for a music game. My issue is, its waaaaayyyyy too hit and miss on what DLC they put on sale for it. For a game that has like 1500 pieces of DLC, it doesn't work all that well for a dotw thing.

I am hoping we will also see an awesome summer of arcade, as I haven't bought an arcade game at launch in a LONG time.

If they're going to bother putting RB tracks on sale, they should ALL be on sale. Harmonix would be swimming in virtual monies if they decided to do this, as I would probably drop $20-$50 on DLC for a game that I haven't played in well over a year..... and I'm not the only one.

it would have been nice if the rock band dlc selections would have been a little more diverse. i think any rock band sale would be more successful if they focused on selling single tracks for 80 points instead of albums.

[quote name='Gabrius']If they're going to bother putting RB tracks on sale, they should ALL be on sale. Harmonix would be swimming in virtual monies if they decided to do this, as I would probably drop $20-$50 on DLC for a game that I haven't played in well over a year..... and I'm not the only one.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't even have to be all of them. It can be like 20% of them, and that'd still be hundreds. Hundreds. This is like 30 songs. This isn't even worth calling a sale.

I might pick up the Dr. Feelgood album but that's about it.

Come on M$, start dropping prices on ALL your older titles. How many copies of Roboblitz are they honestly selling at $15 a pop right now?

[quote name='Gabrius']If they're going to bother putting RB tracks on sale, they should ALL be on sale. Harmonix would be swimming in virtual monies if they decided to do this, as I would probably drop $20-$50 on DLC for a game that I haven't played in well over a year..... and I'm not the only one.[/QUOTE]

I would hate it if they did that. There are so many worthwhile tracks among the Rock Band DLC that having to narrow down what you want to buy from the 1,200 songs available would be a nightmare. And that's even if you have a handful a points cards laying around.

It's better to space out the sales and put up a select number of songs, rather than have a one week sale on everything.

weak. and you wonder why the rhythm genre is dying...

you can pick up rb3 for $20. 83 tracks. dlc has always been a solid cashcow for ea. why do you think they trickle down 6-9 songs a week?

Haha, why are people bitching about Rock Band DLC going on sale? Sales on RB DLC are so rare, I'm glad they're finally discounting some of it. Sure, 33% isn't a huge discount, but it's still worthwhile. Screaming for Vengence is probably the best full album DLC for Rock Band, and I'd totally pick it up if I didn't already have it.

You guys are acting like you're entitled to a ton of games going on sale at huge discounts all the time or something. Microsoft doesn't owe you shit, and we're lucky they even put as much on sale as they do. XBL sales are 10 times better than what happens on the PSN, and I don't even think the Wii has regular sales on their marketplace, at least none I've heard about anyway.

Okay in fairness this is a good week if you're a Rock Band fan and like or don't have what's on offer, but there's not that much love for Rock Band around here from the looks of it.

You're right to say MS doesn't owe us anything, and I'm just as right to say I don't owe them anything either, hence why I'll be spending zero money on points this week. Just like last week. And the week before.

Just because you can't please everyone doesn't mean you can not please anyone.

[quote name='lolwut?']Haha, why are people bitching about Rock Band DLC going on sale? Sales on RB DLC are so rare, I'm glad they're finally discounting some of it. Sure, 33% isn't a huge discount, but it's still worthwhile. Screaming for Vengence is probably the best full album DLC for Rock Band, and I'd totally pick it up if I didn't already have it.

You guys are acting like you're entitled to a ton of games going on sale at huge discounts all the time or something. Microsoft doesn't owe you shit, and we're lucky they even put as much on sale as they do. XBL sales are 10 times better than what happens on the PSN, and I don't even think the Wii has regular sales on their marketplace, at least none I've heard about anyway.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

[quote name='Chrono Gear']It's amazing how fast people forget. There was a string of good sales (and double sales too!) for like 2 months solid in March/April. I dropped ~10k points in those months. I knew it wouldn't last forever but I'm so grateful for those sales. Especially since XBL Rewards was giving 5% back during those months. It was the most I've ever spent in 2 month period and the timing simply could not have been better for a temporary 5% rebate.

Yes the sales have sucked lately, but there's always hope they will do something good again.[/QUOTE]

Well...I don't have rockband so this weeks sale is useless to me...During the past few weeks there were good sales but I couldn't get to my X360 so I missed out :p.

The problem with this sale isn't that it is rock band (which I don't have). The problem, as many have pointed out, is that so little content is on sale. When DLC goes on sale, most people don't own the game but those that do can buy all of it or at least find stuff they want.. in this case, the sale is on a small amount of DLC that further limits the viability of the content.

I wish they would just put some actual games up for sale, and not just DLC lately. Or maybe a bit of both.

Starting to think I shouldve spent my points a month ago, but I decided to wait it out to see if anything noteworthy would go on sale. Well, here's to June I guess.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Deal of the Week is a selling point of Gold membership. We *do* pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Hah, I'm not a gold member so I just waited till the end of last year and got all kinds of deals. Shortly after that my 360 got RROD though....so "it" came back with a free month of gold card that I'm holding onto until something goes on sale for gold members only that I want. It's May and I got my Xbox back in December. I've yet to see anything I want.

I love the idea of Rock Band deal weeks (and I was pleased with the previous deals on Nirvana and Foo Fighters track packs) but there's nothing for me in these selections.

alright! rock band dlc on sale, woo hoo! if you don't like it, keep moving and stop whining. yes it would of been nice if they had more content on sale for rock band but this is okay, better than nothing especially when rb dlc only goes on sale like 2-3 times a year.

By the way, I have over 215+xbl arcade games and now that I think about it 90% of them weren't even worth the purchase but most I got on a good deal or had tons of ms points to spare. Most of the games online community isn't around anymore except for maybe bf1943. I'm glad RB is finally is getting some love.

[quote name='ral1121']I wonder what the

Summer of Arcade lineup is going to be.[/QUOTE]

I'm betting we see Trenched on there, along with Ms. Splosion Man.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Deal of the Week is a selling point of Gold membership. We *do* pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Just like we pay for Facebook and Twitter apps :roll:.

[quote name='ral1121']I wonder what the Summer of Arcade lineup is going to be.[/QUOTE]

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
will be the big launch title July 27.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kx_qAzX1DyU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=975Zw8BJ3Vg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l--b8kA7y1c&feature=player_embedded

OrganicMiniBoss.jpg

Ice_Vibration_bug_740wtd.jpg

ElectricalDoor.jpg

Heart.jpg

Mechanical.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinJim']I'm sorry, I don't get your reference (I'm not a Facebook/Twitter person). Facebook and Twitter apps cost $40 a year too?[/QUOTE]

It's part of xbox live gold. You don't get those apps as a silver member.

Oh, I see. Thanks EarthKing. Yes, we pay for those too! Which means we can complain about them if we don't think they're good enough.

Personally I've enjoyed the account-agnostic sales more than I would have preferred an improved DotW, as I have points spread across my US, UK, AU and TW accounts (I move a lot), but I still think DotW could be better. Why not one XBLA title, one DLC and one Avatat every week? Surely there's enough in the catalogue to support that now?

[quote name='PenguinJim']Oh, I see. Thanks EarthKing. Yes, we pay for those too! Which means we can complain about them if we don't think they're good enough.
[/QUOTE]

That's my point, so I'd rather have people complain about that instead as it is something most never use but pay for.

Leave the DotW alone, it has its good weeks and bad weeks. Facebook/twitter is useless all of the time.

[quote name='Indignate']That's my point, so I'd rather have people complain about that instead as it is something most never use but pay for.

Leave the DotW alone, it has its good weeks and bad weeks. Facebook/twitter is useless all of the time.[/QUOTE]

+1 Agreed

soon people will complain that Netflix & Hulu+ should be free and included in xbl gold, the things people on cag complain about. There's msnbc which I like use for the latest news, last.fm, inside xbox, insider moves and much more to be offered. Lot of people on cag have been able to get 1 year of xbl gold for $40 or less, still don't see why people complain. even @ $40 a month/12 months is worth the deal for discounted games, dlc content and more because no one else really offers anything comparable. As for Rock Band, this deal is good. CCR was 400 ms points last time, that was a heck of a deal (regular is 1600 ms points) so i'm glad about this sale.

[quote name='Indignate']Leave the DotW alone, it has its good weeks and bad weeks.[/QUOTE]
Its last good week for me was Christmas 2009.

And I was leaving it alone until someone ired me by saying that we shouldn't mention the negatives about something we pay for.

Fine if there is off and on weeks for the DotW. Wish MS would throw a couple 400 MSP games for 200, or just once a month supersale type of thing

[quote name='gordojones88']

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
will be the big launch title July 27.
[/quote]

Damn, the screens look intriguing, I will watch the videos in a little bit. Looks like the same art style as the Patapon series.

[quote name='intoxicated662']soon people will complain that Netflix & Hulu+ should be free and included in xbl gold, the things people on cag complain about. There's msnbc which I like use for the latest news, last.fm, inside xbox, insider moves and much more to be offered. Lot of people on cag have been able to get 1 year of xbl gold for $40 or less, still don't see why people complain. even @ $40 a month/12 months is worth the deal for discounted games, dlc content and more because no one else really offers anything comparable. As for Rock Band, this deal is good. CCR was 400 ms points last time, that was a heck of a deal (regular is 1600 ms points) so i'm glad about this sale.[/QUOTE]

I agree and disagree.... Hulu + we paid extra monthly fees for same with espn and hulu just plain not worth the monthly fee cause it is so cheap in a bad way. Wow i click a season to watch and all i find are clips! Then some shows only have the last 5 eps which is fine for people that kept up with it but i want to watch the whole season not the last 5 eps.... It is poorly done and shocked how ms put them on xbox live and boosted the monthly fees. Then we got espn which is a joke if you are on time warner cable. I got to subscribe to espn3 on my cable tv to get it on xbox live. It is a total joke and it felt like ms rushed out espn before it signed all the bigger companies to the deal. It felt half a**ed... Then MS saying nothing for weeks after it came out when you called for help for it not working.

Anyways i do not mind useless sales i just like to see more fresh stuff i am sick of seeing castle crasher and so many other things on sale 3-6 times a year over and over. There is saying to much of a good thing is not good. But i am overall happy enough i save money most times cause the same stuff is always cycled back in.

Booya!

[quote name='RollingSkull']If you need to drop points on something, head over to the Indie games section. Lemme step you through the chaff.

Vorpal, 80 pts. A stylish shump, boss rush, with a normal difficulty that normal people can beat and a hard mode that's a lot tougher. Just for the difficulty scale alone, it's worth it, but it's solidly put together as well.

Sequence, $3. Rhythm game RPG hybrid. Manage three DDR windows at once during fights. A bit grindy, but the voiced dialogue is professional and cute as hell. Give it a shot.

Soulcaster 1 and 2, $3 each. Play a wizard, summon dudes on a field to fight back the hordes. A take on the tower defense style that even an avid loather of TD can like.

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess, $1 (probably), you double jump up a tower, landing on each platform once and only once in a great big combo. More fun than it sounds.[/QUOTE]

*Shameless self promotion* My site (see sig) highlights great XBLIGs every week and usually gives some away too! There are some real gems on there.

I'd usually be all in for some more RB DLC, but nothing in that list interest me at all. Talk about selling to a fairly narrow group of fans.

[quote name='intoxicated662']soon people will complain that Netflix & Hulu+ should be free and included in xbl gold, the things people on cag complain about. [/QUOTE]

I don't think Netflix should be free with gold, but it is pretty ridiculous when you think about the fact you need gold to use a service you pay for when none of the competition do the same. I love my Netflix, I really do and I've been a gold member for a while and intend to be for a long while longer, but paying to get access to a paid service is admittedly pretty crazy. I've used ESPN once to watch the rose bowl and never use the Facebook or Twitter aps except when I tried them out. I do on rare occasion use Last.Fm. For the most part these "premium" aps are largely ignored and useless and aren't much of a selling point for a paid service.

Sadly by the way, this thread just reminded me that I forgot to cancel my Hulu + trial subscription last night... sigh. Totally not worth the price, but I'll just keep watching the daily show or something.

I love Rock Band. It's nice to see the DLC go on sale, but I'm not too thrilled about the selection. If the packs are only 33% off and the 1200 point albums go to 800, I'm probably not going to bother.

[quote name='Newl']why do you think they trickle down 6-9 songs a week?[/QUOTE]

...because it takes a big amount of time and human effort to break the songs down and chart them for all of the difficulty levels? Especially now with Pro Mode? It's a labor-intensive process. It takes time.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't and CAN'T work that way. Rock Band has an issue that no other (current) titles have - music licensing issues. It's already a complex process to get artists and tracks into the game, which is why there are issues like AC/DC being exportable but only purchasable on disc, the Beatles not being exportable at all, and the new Ozzy Osbourne pack coming with two songs that you can only get in the pack.

Cutting the price of everything out of the blue - even temporarily - would wreak havoc with the relationships they have with artists and labels, could damage prospects for future DLC, and might just cannibalize sales, period, if people decide to wait and hold out for "the next time" the entire library goes on sale.

It's not going to happen. Ever. But you already knew that.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I'd usually be all in for some more RB DLC, but nothing in that list interest me at all. Talk about selling to a fairly narrow group of fans.[/QUOTE]

It does seem a little odd how limited the genre scope is here. Given how much is included in the Rock Band library, why pick such a narrow focus? Why limit it to an Ozzfest tie-in?

[quote name='intoxicated662']soon people will complain that Netflix & Hulu+ should be free and included in xbl gold, the things people on cag complain about. There's msnbc which I like use for the latest news, last.fm, inside xbox, insider moves and much more to be offered. Lot of people on cag have been able to get 1 year of xbl gold for $40 or less, still don't see why people complain. even @ $40 a month/12 months is worth the deal for discounted games, dlc content and more because no one else really offers anything comparable. As for Rock Band, this deal is good. CCR was 400 ms points last time, that was a heck of a deal (regular is 1600 ms points) so i'm glad about this sale.[/QUOTE]

They SHOULD be free because they already require separate subscriptions. Netflix is free on my Wii and on my friends' PS3s - there is no good reason why it shouldn't be free on the 360 too.

Beyond that...I'm with BudzMcGee. Most of the "features" you get on Gold are useless fluff. When my Gold lapsed in the fall, I didn't bother renewing it until a few weeks ago (thanks to that $1 a month Hulu Plus glitch), and I was completely fine with that.

[quote name='intoxicated662']soon people will complain that Netflix & Hulu+ should be free and included in xbl gold.[/QUOTE]

why not? I mean some people pay $60 a year for Xbox live, I'm sure they could've worked out some sort of deal to get some movie or video service on Xbox Live gold for us. Honestly, it comes down to, what are we paying for? basically all we get from our xbox live gold subscriptions is the ability to play our games online that we already paid for in the first place...

why can't microsoft get us something, last.fm was okay i guess, but having to load up the app and login and everything just to use it makes it meh to me, i haven't touched it in a loooong time. twitter and facebook are mediocre apps and essentially useless too. the deals of the week are cool, and that's about the only decent thing we get out of having gold besides being able to play games online, which lets be honest, we should've have to pay as much as we do to play those games online anyways.

and then we also get hit with having to buy all kinds of mappacks for games, add-ons, avatar crap, etc. we really get nothing free from having gold. i dont see why they couldn't take some of what they're getting out of us, and get us something for free, occasional movies or something at the least

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']and then we also get hit with having to buy all kinds of mappacks for games, add-ons, avatar crap, etc.[/QUOTE]

Nobody's making you buy the "avatar crap."

That said...map packs still make me mad. Sure, you CAN play Halo Reach without both of the $10 map packs...but you're gonna have a much, much harder time finding matches to play in.

Maybe that's part of the reason why I pour so much time into Tf2 instead of some of the Live games I have - I don't have to spend a dime on TF2 content unless I want to. Sure, I don't need to for the 360, but those add-ons are pretty damn close to essential for a lot of the most popular games.

So far this summer, I've used my Xbox primarily for Netflix, L.A. Noire, and Fable 2. Only one of those requires Xbox Live, and it's the one that shouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back