XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'm glad I don't just fly Air Xbox. They say these new models are safer but I've been in 3 crashes before. Too bad my PS3 superjet started to make a lot of noise. I fear the next time I fly with them I may end up seeing yellow...[/QUOTE]

:drool::drool: what?? Maybe where you set up your 360 could factor into that? I get the same promblem, is there any device that can limit that on older models?

I picked up Zuma, which I feel is only worth $2.50. If I paid anymore than that I'd be pissed. I already own all the other Pop Cap games worth having.

I'm currently being screwed on the console licensing for games. I bought most of my arcade games on my first console, recently purchased a new model and if I'm offline those games only show up as the trial version. Also, my girlfriend cannot play the arcade games on the new console, they just show up as the trial version when she signs in.

Is it too early to start the whiney speculation about next weeks deals? Cuz, I'll be happy to start!

I am pretty excited for Half Minute Hero, though.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:drool::drool: what?? Maybe where you set up your 360 could factor into that? I get the same promblem, is there any device that can limit that on older models?[/QUOTE]

Meh it sits on top of a TV cabinet next to the other 2 current gen consoles. 3 Xboxes in nearly 6 years isn't that bad.

[quote name='adiras']I picked up Zuma, which I feel is only worth $2.50. If I paid anymore than that I'd be pissed. I already own all the other Pop Cap games worth having.

I'm currently being screwed on the console licensing for games. I bought most of my arcade games on my first console, recently purchased a new model and if I'm offline those games only show up as the trial version. Also, my girlfriend cannot play the arcade games on the new console, they just show up as the trial version when she signs in.[/QUOTE]

The license update tool takes all of 5 minutes to use...

[quote name='pablo9000']The license update tool takes all of 5 minutes to use...[/QUOTE]

But that's at least 4 1/2 minutes longer than complaining about it.

[quote name='pablo9000']The license update tool takes all of 5 minutes to use...[/QUOTE]

And helping the guy out with a link takes all of 30 seconds...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

There you go man. This will solve your problems ;)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']3 Xboxes in nearly 6 years isn't that bad.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to my NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, N64 and Dreamcast that are all working exactly like they did 10-15 years ago when I purchased them.

[quote name='sp8001']Tell that to my NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, N64 and Dreamcast that are all working exactly like they did 10-15 years ago when I purchased them.[/QUOTE]

Well of course they still work. So do my NESes,SNESes, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64es, Wii, PS1,2,3(for now), and even my Xbox 1es. Don't make me brag about my handhelds and the number of games I have in my collection either or I might start to look like a hoarder...

But the lifespan of a 360 is practically measurable so watching a few die is no big surprise. I know people on their 6th 360 so I guess it's all relative.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Well of course they still work. So do my NESes,SNESes, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64es, Wii, PS1,2,3(for now), and even my Xbox 1es. Don't make me brag about my handhelds and the number of games I have in my collection either or I might start to look like a hoarder...

But the lifespan of a 360 is practically measurable so watching a few die is no big surprise. I know people on their 6th 360 so I guess it's all relative.[/QUOTE]

Yea, it was my attempt at a clever poke to MS. The build quality on the 360 (fat, haven't owned a slim yet) is terrible (just like the fat PS2). My original Xbox is still running just fine, so at least MS knows how to build something stable. The 360 release was rushed and it cost them big in the long run.

[quote name='Jabrim']Brag about the amount of handhelds you have? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Lol. I don't really have anything too exotic in the handheld department. I do have some killer single game handhelds though. I have a Terminator game and a bad ass submarine game that is tough as nails but oh so awesome.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Also I checked out that website that is supposed to show all past discount history but I already know it's inaccurate because I looked at Virtual-On and it shows only the most recent sale when I know for a fact it was a DotW discount for 800 points a couple years ago. I was poking around to see if any of the ancient stuff I want has ever been on sale but after seeing that I can't be sure now.[/QUOTE]

XBLDB is accurate as of 2010-10-25. Prior to this I have all previous sales in an excel spreadsheet. I need to import all previous sales to the database but I do have the data.

The website is a hobby. :) I'll try to get the data in as soon as I can but I've been having fun making price history charts. Here is a good one:
http://hdfanatic.com/xbldb/offer-details/?offer=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a25

And here is a messed up one:
http://hdfanatic.com/xbldb/offer-details/?offer=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a25

MS messed with some of the Rock Band DLC release dates and it's thrown the DB a curve ball. Future release date changes should be fine but I'll need to work on all previous offers that MS has messed with.

I'll let you know when I get the historical data in.

Think you could PM me your spreadsheet? I can assure you it would be for my own curiosity. I'm a discount junkie so I'm dying to know about old arcade game sales I may have missed.

[quote name='sp8001']And helping the guy out with a link takes all of 30 seconds...

[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, thank you!! I've already talked to MS employees on 3 different occasions for about an hour each and they couldn't help me! And just to let you know Surreal, you came off like a dick-bag with your last comment. Not intentional, I'm sure.

Hope the deals suck next week. I am a sheep and must buy cod bo map pack.. 1200 points just for a new zombie map,,ughhh im addicted. I need zombie rehab lol.

Picked up trenched last week,, i justified it by saying to myself i didnt pay retail for points so. I got somewhat of a discount on it. But trenched is super fun!!

Only DoTW i want is torchlight,, would of bought it long ago if it had multiplayer,but it doesnt and i wont pay full price for it. But 800msp im all over it!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Royal High Knight']Peggle nights is just a dlc correct?[/QUOTE]

It's handled as DLC on 360, but on PC it's a separate game. Peggle Nights is a full sequel with a whole new campaign, a few new characters, and new challenges to play. It adds a lot to the Peggle experience and you should definitely get it if you enjoy Peggle.

BTW, the 360 slim is very well engineered and pretty much overcomes the 360's initial hardware problems. It's quieter, uses less electricity, has built in Wi-Fi, and extra USB ports. Anyone running a fat who worries about it dying should think of upgrading to a slim - perhaps there will be a price drop in the fall?

[quote name='eastx']
BTW, the 360 slim is very well engineered and pretty much overcomes the 360's initial hardware problems. It's quieter, uses less electricity, has built in Wi-Fi, and extra USB ports. Anyone running a fat who worries about it dying should think of upgrading to a slim - perhaps there will be a price drop in the fall?[/QUOTE]

Call me just someone with bad luck, but I just had my Halo:Reach model slim die, yet I have a launch model original 360 that might sound like a jet engine, but still works almost like new. Go figure.

[quote name='reddjoey']Summer of Arcade prices and dates are dropping this week.[/QUOTE]

Nice :)

I have a feeling that they will all be $15 with the exception of that fruity kinect game.

You think they will announce the SoA promotion at the same time? If there is one...

And my predictions for Summer of Arcade with price predictions as well. I hope I'm wrong about the prices though.

[quote name='sp8001']Purely speculation, but I would guess these are the release dates for the Summer of Arcade games...

7/20 - Toy Soldiers: Cold War - 1200 MSP
7/27 - Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - 1200 MSP
8/3 - Fruit Ninja Kinect - 800 MSP
8/10 - Bastion - 1200 MSP
8/17 - From Dust - 1200 MSP

I'm just going by the confirmed release date of ITSP, and the order of the games on the MS site: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Marketplace/Summer-of-Arcade

No word on pricing or any sort of promotions yet :([/QUOTE]

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm predicting no promos this year. Major Nelson has been lacking both in information and in sales. Wonder what's up?[/QUOTE]

He's gone crazy. By the way, we're barely getting to summer time and there are still several months left. There's only so much content they can put on sale to keep people interested. If they were to put good stuff every week, most people wouldn't buy since they would already have lots of content. I've got a third of the xbla games out there and am glad it's slowed down a bit.

Now if they could have better deals on GFWL :bouncy:

I don't think I'd take part in a buy (X) promo anyway with that lineup. From Dust has potential, and I might pick up ITSP if it's 800... but yeah, more interested in stuff that was scheduled for "summer" but didn't get picked for SoA like Retro City Rampage.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']is that only for games that you just downloaded? 2 days ago I recovered my gt on a friend's xbox and downloaded marvel vs capcom 2 and played it since i owned it then when i left i delted my gt off his xbox and he tried to play the game but it was the trial.[/QUOTE]
it can only be used on any console with the original tag connected to live. It can be used by any tag on the original console that downloaded it, with sega games being the exception
[quote name='sp8001']And helping the guy out with a link takes all of 30 seconds...

[/QUOTE]
That can only be used once every 12 months, so use it wisely

Bought PvZ last night. Been looking at it for awhile, and really enjoyed the coop with my bro. I got Reach coming in so I hope the map packs go on sale.

Summer of Arcade dates and prices have been released

Date Title Price (MS Points)
July 20 Bastion 1200
July 27 From Dust 1200
August 3 Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet 1200
August 10 Fruit Ninja Kinect 800
August 17 Toy Soldiers: Cold War 1200

PLUS: When you buy all five Summer of Arcade titles, you’ll receive a free copy of Crimson Alliance – valued at 1200 Microsoft Points! Coming to Xbox LIVE Arcade September 7, this fast-action RPG game from industry-leading Certain Affinity lets you play with up to three friends and battle the sinister Cult of the Soul Siren. You’ll receive three characters, each with a host of special abilities from the Assassin’s time-bending attacks, to the Wizards elemental mastery or the Mercenary’s sweeping whirlwind strikes.

800 points for a 1 dollar iphone game HA! The only bigger rip off is the arcade release this week backbreaker is a dolllar iphone game and they want 1200 msp.

Greed

[quote name='Bradisback']Hope the deals suck next week. I am a sheep and must buy cod bo map pack.. 1200 points just for a new zombie map,,ughhh im addicted. I need zombie rehab lol.

Picked up trenched last week,, i justified it by saying to myself i didnt pay retail for points so. I got somewhat of a discount on it. But trenched is super fun!!

Only DoTW i want is torchlight,, would of bought it long ago if it had multiplayer,but it doesnt and i wont pay full price for it. But 800msp im all over it![/QUOTE]
It was a voting thing this time. There was 50 % off BC2 DLC, AC2, ME2, and something else that I forget... anyway BC2 and ME2 were tying, but yesterday ME2 was winning by like 4%, so ME2 probably won.

I'm surprised it's a B5G1 sale and not a B5 Get 1600 points back, like we've had previously.

Assuming past sales hold true, as long as these games hit 50% off at some point, you'll save money waiting out for the sale. Even if they're only 33% off, it's pretty much a break-even prospect versus the Summer sale.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']LOL at microsoft!! Spend $70 to get a $15 game back that could be good.[/QUOTE]

Hey I'm appreciative that they would offer any sort of deal really but what kind of gamer would buy all the summer of arcade games? I mean they are kind of all over the place.

i foresee "Well if I buy Fruit Ninja I get that free game....but then I will own Fruit Ninja...hmmm"

Starting last year and culminating with this years E3 I think Kinetic will be the biggest reason people move back to the PS4 (I own both systems right now) when the next gen come out. It is becoming more obvious Sony is more focused on the "hardcore" gamer while MS continues down this path of catering to families/casual gamers. The XBLA has been great but the infusion of Kinetic games to things like Summer of Arcade only reinforces that MS is going to beat us into Kinetic submission and I am ready to lead the resistance. Viva la controller!!!

Having a Kinect game as part of that promotion is about as dumb as having a game that requires a guitar or turntable. There's a lot of people who won't be eligible to get the free game based solely on the fact that they don't own the peripheral required to play one of the SoA titles... and I bet it affects sales on the other 4 titles as well.

-gg Microsoft.

Is ME2 still leading the deal of the week for this coming week?

Trying to debate whether to pick up PvZ or save my points for the ME2 content, if of course it looks as if it's getting the DOTW treatment.

The promotion isn't very good but it isn't exactly terrible just because it has a kinect game. If someone out there actually wants all the games (minus Fruit Ninja) for full price, then just think of buying Fruit Ninja as a 400 point discount on the lot.

Cost of 5 games without Fruit Ninja = 6000
Cost of 6 games using the promotion = 5600

With that said, I will not be buying any of those at full price anyway so I was never a target for this promotion. I would have been more tempted if they had free points instead of a free game that may or may not be any good.

I guess it all comes down to taste because the only game in the Summer Of Arcade I am iffy on this year is Insanely Twisted Planet. The design looks cool, but the game play does not do a lot for me.

Well, for me, this SoA went from "buy all 5 to qualify for the promotion" to "wait for the 4 that I may or may not be interested in to go on sale". I know I'm not the only one who is thinking along those lines, either.

Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly by trying to cram Kinect down all of our throats.

Pretty disappointed in the promotion... Spend $70 and get a shit game for free??? No thanks!

My prediction prices were right, just a little off with the dates.

I was going to pick these 4 up at launch if they offered some sort of promotion for people without kinect who have no interest in that dumb fruit slashing game. That game looks so bad... It might be fun for all of 30 seconds before people start deleting it off their hard drive.

MS fucked up big time putting that game in the SoA lineup. Ms. Splosion Man would have been a much better choice... Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Street Fighter 3 Online all would have been welcome additions to SoA instead of fruity ninja.

I still might get Bastion at launch, but for the others I will be waiting for the inevitable sale this Christmas :D

[quote name='spid']I guess it all comes down to taste because the only game in the Summer Of Arcade I am iffy on this year is Insanely Twisted Planet. The design looks cool, but the game play does not do a lot for me.[/QUOTE]

The only one you're iffy on is ITSP (which looks great to me BTW)? So your looking forward to spending $10 on a game that you wave your arms around like a dumbass to play? You honestly don't think that will get old after about 5 mins?

[quote name='Gabrius']Well, for me, this SoA went from "buy all 5 to qualify for the promotion" to "wait for the 4 that I may or may not be interested in to go on sale". I know I'm not the only one who is thinking along those lines, either.

Microsoft is shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly by trying to cram Kinect down all of our throats.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't have said it better myself ;) Great minds think alike...

I liked it better when you just got MSP for getting ## games. Probably won't get any, though I might try some demos out for Bastion, From Dust, & ITSP.

[quote name='sp8001']Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Street Fighter 3 Online all would have been welcome additions to SoA instead of fruity ninja.[/QUOTE]
Those are the only three upcoming games that I'm interested in... Guess I'll be skipping the Summer of Arcade entirely.

[quote name='sp8001']
The only one you're iffy on is ITSP (which looks great to me BTW)? So your looking forward to spending $10 on a game that you wave your arms around like a dumbass to play? You honestly don't think that will get old after about 5 mins?
[/QUOTE]
Reading comprehension fail'd. It's likely he realizes fruity ninja doesn't appeal to him and some of the other games seem like buys for him, but he's only on the fence about ITSP.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']If the past couple years are any indication, all these Summer of Arcade titles will be 33-50% off during the end of the year sale.[/QUOTE]

This is why I won't be buying any of the SoA games. I'm interested in all but Fruit Ninja (don't have Kinect since I haven't found it for my $50 price point) but these "high profile" releases seem to have an extremely likely chance of getting discounted by the time the next seasonal sale comes around.

Speaking of which I'm fully prepared to drop 600 points on Torchlight and Hard Corps Uprising, and 400 points on Beyond Good and Evil HD whenever those go on sale. I'm assuming there's going to be some kind of sale on them in the next few weeks since SoA was officially announced.

[quote name='harry hood']Reading comprehension fail'd. It's likely he realizes fruity ninja doesn't appeal to him and some of the other games seem like buys for him, but he's only on the fence about ITSP.[/QUOTE]

What are you a mind reader? Read his post again and tell me my reply was a fail.

"The ONLY SoA I am iffy on is ITSP" (key word ONLY)

That means the other 4 appeal to him.

I am just trying to pick the brain of someone who is actually considering buying fruity ninja for $10. Even if I had kinect and it debuted at 80 MSP (which it should be) I still wouldn't buy it.

[quote name='sp8001']What are you a mind reader? Read his post again and tell me my reply was a fail.

"The ONLY SoA I am iffy on is ITSP" (key word ONLY)

That means the other 4 appeal to him.

I am just trying to pick the brain of someone who is actually considering buying fruity ninja for $10. Even if I had kinect and it debuted at 80 MSP (which it should be) I still wouldn't buy it.[/QUOTE]
The key word is iffy. It means on the fence or questionable about it. It's very likely that he isn't on the fence about fruity ninja and has instead declared that it doesn't appeal to him.
On the other hand, ITSP looks interesting to him, but he has some lingering doubts about it.

[quote name='harry hood']The key word is iffy. It means on the fence or questionable about it. It's very likely that he isn't on the fence about fruity ninja and has instead declared that it doesn't appeal to him.
On the other hand, ITSP looks interesting to him, but he has some lingering doubts about it.[/QUOTE]

So you are a mind reader? He didn't say anything to that effect.

I hope you're right though. I hope fruity ninja is the laughing stock of XBLA and no one buys it. I would love to see it bomb. I would love to see kinect bomb. I am against anything with motion controls.

I honestly can't see anyone wanting fruity ninja that is over 10 years old. But there are some dumb people out there that will buy anything MS feeds them.

Please drop a line in here if you are planning on picking up fruity ninja during the promotion and your reasons why you will be buying it. I am curious.

[quote name='sp8001']So you are a mind reader? He didn't say anything to that effect.

I hope you're right though. I hope fruity ninja is the laughing stock of XBLA and no one buys it. I would love to see it bomb. I would love to see kinect bomb. I am against anything with motion controls.

I honestly can't see anyone wanting fruity ninja that is over 10 years old. But there are some dumb people out there that will buy anything MS feeds them.

Please drop a line in here if you are planning on picking up fruity ninja during the promotion and your reasons why you will be buying it. I am curious.[/QUOTE]
He also didn't say ANYTHING to the effect of wanting fruity ninja, but you deducted as much.

I don't care much for Kinect and I don't care how well it fares. I can't say I want it to bomb or succeed, it just doesn't concern me. And I'm sure there's a lot of young kids who would enjoy playing it, so big whoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back