XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Exu']It's definitely Twisted Pixel's worst game (until Gunstringer comes out herpa derp derp derp) but a mediocre Twister Pixel game is still better than any other average game. It's worth 400 easily, not the first time it's been that either.
But yeah it's a bit of a dull run and gun.[/QUOTE]

i won it for free and the only reason i beat it was so i could unlock captain smileys head for my avatar :lol:

[quote name='reddjoey']You trollin'? I get that hating on Kinect is hip and MS moving an XBLA title to a full retail release is a bit shady, but at least wait for the game to come out and get some reviews under its belt before saying it's a pile of excrement.[/QUOTE]
I thought the "herpa derp derp derp" was enough to denote sarcasm. If anyone can make Kinect's second good game, I trust Twisted Pixel to do it.

Also even if it does become TP's least-good game it'd still be better than a whole lot of other offerings a'la Comic Jumper...

[quote name='Exu']a mediocre Twister Pixel game is still better than any other average game. It's worth 400 easily, not the first time it's been that either.[/QUOTE]
You've been playing some Twisted Pixel games I haven't then, it seems.

Happy dance! Happy daaance! This is me doing the happy dance! :D

I came back home to find Hard Corps Uprising at a price point I am happy with and see the following week will offer Stacking in the same manner. I had wanted to buy Hard Corps Uprising at 1200MSP, until I saw its day 1 DLC (and there was no hiding it even if it would be released later, since the characters are in the intro). Now with this week's sale, I can get the DLC with the base game, as it should have been released at the 1200MSP I had intended to spend on Hard Corps Uprising in the first place.

While I am sure Stacking has all the personality I've come to expect from a Double Fine release. I initially didn't feel it had enough personality and style to match that of Costume Quest, which I loved enough to get on release (tho you guys getting it at 600MSP less than I is quite nice) along with the DLC which appeared later. At 600MSP for Stacking, I will take the jump. However, I guess I am now spoiled such that Torchlight at 800MSP is a pass. There was a time when DOTW meant 800 goes to 400 and 1200 goes to just 800, but I am very appreciative 1200MSP games also get the 50% treatment.

I was getting in a semi-foul mood on my gold subscription for a while due to sales which barely interested me. Sure Bejeweled Blitz was 200MSP I spent due to an acknowledgement of a drought and needed something, but the game is just for short burst play for me. The drought literally got me to work on the elephants in the room of my backlog Oblivion and Mass Effect (1). Just to say, it had felt as if it has been a looong time since I last got happy about DOTW, such that I actually played to a point of completion (or near completion) of a couple massive RPGs.

My patience has been rewarded, and I am so happy to get two games on my list at a lower price. It just bumps up my desire for Pinball FX 2 tables, Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes, SNK XBLA titles, Omega V, Soul Calibur, etc. to go on sale. Based on the positive responses in this thread, I've even added Trenched to my "waiting on a fair sale price" list.

Also thanks to this thread, you guys and gals have convinced me to take a chance with Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax at full price. So if I don't like it at 800MSP, it's all on you guys, but not really, but seriously it is, but not really =P. The only other upcoming title I feel would be worth full price for me are Radiant Silvergun, Guardian Heroes, Dust: An Elysian Tail, and maybe even Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Online ... so that's the standard of game for me to not be a CAG :).

I will continue to follow this thread to see if you guys can convince me if Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition is worth the lowered asking price. I'm really not sure about it. :applause:

[quote name='RollingSkull']You've been playing some Twisted Pixel games I haven't then, it seems.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I like their work. 'Splosion Man and The Maw are right up there in my view, but yeah Comic Jumper was still a climbdown and I'd recommend those two games over it anyday.

Still, Ms. Splosion Man soon!
Pleasedon'tbe1200please20n'tbe1200pleasedon'tbe1200...

I simply will never understand the buzz for Half Minute Hero. I played it almost to completion on PSP and it never got good.

Disappointed in the upcoming XBLA offerings. Waiting for Guardian Heroes and the like.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I simply will never understand the buzz for Half Minute Hero. I played it almost to completion on PSP and it never got good.

Disappointed in the upcoming XBLA offerings. Waiting for Guardian Heroes and the like.[/QUOTE]

Shocking.

XBLA has had a good run of it as of late. I suppose they're entitled to a weak couple of months here and there. At least the sales are good.

[quote name='RollingSkull']XBLA has had a good run of it as of late. I suppose they're entitled to a weak couple of months here and there. At least the sales are good.[/QUOTE]

One persons trash is another persons treasure

[quote name='FurryCurry']So what is this about Hasbro?[/QUOTE]

This is what I'm trying to figure out. I want those 3 DLC Hasbro games that are missing from the Family Game Night disc. I have the 1200 achievement points for the games on the disc, but I want the rest garsh darn it. There's no way I'll pay 800 microsoft point each for them, so I've been dying for them to be 400 pts each.

I just hope the Hasbro sale is something a little bit better than the 50% off Family Game Night stuff that seems to keep going on sale...

[quote name='dgwillia006']One persons trash is another persons treasure[/QUOTE]

In RollingSkull's case, a startling amount of his trash is everyone else's treasure. :roll:

Loving Hard Corps Uprising. Was gonna get Half Minute Hero Wednesday, but this week's sale has depleted my points. Soon!

Woo gotta grab Contra tmrw along with Captain America pinball. Between those the CoD map pack and last weeks sales I'm darn near through a 4000 point card. Lol

Comic Jumper for 400 is completely worth it if you enjoy side scrollers and tongue in cheek humor done right (very much unlike Duke Nukem). I enjoyed every minute of it.

Torchlight for XBLA feels like a real hack & slash console game, rather than a point & click click click PC game.

Lara Croft: Awesome game as single-player, awesome game again as co-op. The game is the same but the puzzles are expertly tweaked when playing co-op. The only downside is how strangely I was able to get the bulk of achievements in the first hour or so of gameplay. They should have spread them out more.

TMNT Reshelled: Don't believe the haters, especially if you haven't played it before. It's a great arcade game that feels like an actual 90's arcade game without the dated graphics.

Picked up Zeno Clash tonight, it's weirdness has always intrigued me.

Overall, this + next week's sale are so good, it's uncanny.

I've already gone on at length about my distaste for Comic Jumper. In short it's not the worst way to spend $5 but if you have to choose between it and most anything else I would probably go with the latter.

I wish TMNT was on sale on PSN since I already bought it on Xbox. Considering it's going to be gone soon I'm half tempted to pick up the PSN version but I've only gotten a couple of the Xbox achievements so it's not like it would be a big gain when I can't be bothered finishing the one I have.

I also really hope that the HFGN DLC goes on sale. I just caved and bought the first game disc a few weeks ago and I'm going to be disappointed if just that content goes on sale.

Also waiting for a few more opinions on Zeno Clash, I'll bite on most anything I'm even remotely interested in for 400 points or less but 600 I have to make sure it's worth it. That and hoping the XBL Rewards continues next month and brings back the 5% or better rebate.

Awesome, was thinking about getting Zeno Clash after replaying the demo but will save my points and pick up Torchlight and Stacking next week. Glad I waited. :)

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I've already gone on at length about my distaste for Comic Jumper. In short it's not the worst way to spend $5 but if you have to choose between it and most anything else I would probably go with the latter.

I wish TMNT was on sale on PSN since I already bought it on Xbox. Considering it's going to be gone soon I'm half tempted to pick up the PSN version but I've only gotten a couple of the Xbox achievements so it's not like it would be a big gain when I can't be bothered finishing the one I have.

I also really hope that the HFGN DLC goes on sale. I just caved and bought the first game disc a few weeks ago and I'm going to be disappointed if just that content goes on sale.

Also waiting for a few more opinions on Zeno Clash, I'll bite on most anything I'm even remotely interested in for 400 points or less but 600 I have to make sure it's worth it. That and hoping the XBL Rewards continues next month and brings back the 5% or better rebate.[/QUOTE]

Zeno Clash is okay not sure its worth the 600 points I have it on PC, played it once or twice and never wanted to go back into it. The demo should let you know if you like it or not, try it out.

Bought magic and shuggy 2 weeks ago, bought trenched last week, bought Xeno clash and Hard corps last night. Bought galaga legions and half minute hero this morning. Will buy ms. splosion man and most of the summer of arcade games.

My stockpile of point cards may actually approach running out!!!

Nice, was waiting for a sale on X-Men.

[quote name='Kerig']
TMNT Reshelled: Don't believe the haters, especially if you haven't played it before. It's a great arcade game that feels like an actual 90's arcade game without the dated graphics.[/QUOTE]

The "haters" aren't necessarily wrong, but they are overzealous. 5 bucks for this game isn't awful, but it's also not the best deal this game has had. I think I got it for the equivalent of $2.50 a while back, and at that price it was fun.

However, in a straight up 400 points vs 400 points decision, the first game (aka TMNT 1989 Arcade) is the better game of the two. The additions to Re-Shelled, (besides the visuals) are steps backward. They're just not steps backward that totally ruin the game, as some have said.

Regardless, it's only around for 2 more days, so if you're on the fence about it, it isn't a bad deal.

[quote name='Kerig']

Torchlight for XBLA feels like a real hack & slash console game, rather than a point & click click click PC game.

Lara Croft: Awesome game as single-player, awesome game again as co-op. The game is the same but the puzzles are expertly tweaked when playing co-op. The only downside is how strangely I was able to get the bulk of achievements in the first hour or so of gameplay. They should have spread them out more.
[/QUOTE]

Even though I have TL on PC, I'm tempted to get it on XBLA for some reason, if only to check it out on my TV (surely the PC version has controller support?). And while I feel you on GoL, that last achievement certainly took me a few hours to get! Awesome game.

I read on Joystiq that Stacking is supposed to be on sale for 600 points next week, as well; take it for what that's worth.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Nice, was waiting for a sale on X-Men.

The "haters" aren't necessarily wrong, but they are overzealous. 5 bucks for this game isn't awful, but it's also not the best deal this game has had. I think I got it for the equivalent of $2.50 a while back, and at that price it was fun.

However, in a straight up 400 points vs 400 points decision, the first game (aka TMNT 1989 Arcade) is the better game of the two. The additions to Re-Shelled, (besides the visuals) are steps backward. They're just not steps backward that totally ruin the game, as some have said.

Regardless, it's only around for 2 more days, so if you're on the fence about it, it isn't a bad deal.[/QUOTE]

It has a feel like the classic one that everyone played and the one's that were based on the tv show they did during the 2000's. I played all of them on the ps2 and they were pretty good games.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Even though I have TL on PC, I'm tempted to get it on XBLA for some reason, if only to check it out on my TV (surely the PC version has controller support?). [/QUOTE]

They completely changed the UI and how much of the combat works for XBLA, there does not appear to be an update that added this functionality to the PC version (although with mods almost anything is possible right?)

I recommend giving the demo a shot.

I just wish ReShelled would have had the ability to switch back to the old graphics like Monkey Island. Why sell me nostalgia-ware, but not include the actual thing I remember? (Not to mention the SNES vs Arcade argument, etc). That said at $5 and being delisted soon, you might be able to squeeze that much out of it.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The additions to Re-Shelled, (besides the visuals) are steps backward.[/QUOTE]

Even the visuals are a mixed bag. There's a good amount of screen-tearing in this game.

[quote name='reddjoey']I just wish ReShelled would have had the ability to switch back to the old graphics like Monkey Island. Why sell me nostalgia-ware, but not include the actual thing I remember? (Not to mention the SNES vs Arcade argument, etc). That said at $5 and being delisted soon, you might be able to squeeze that much out of it.[/QUOTE]

The didn't have the rights to the original art and possibly the original code or rom. That is why they had to redo the entire game and graphics.

[quote name='wakawakawa']The didn't have the rights to the original art and possibly the original code or rom. That is why they had to redo the entire game and graphics.[/QUOTE]

I figured as much, but one would think that would have been a priority. Especially since they initially wanted 1200 MSP.

[quote name='wakawakawa']The didn't have the rights to the original art and possibly the original code or rom. That is why they had to redo the entire game and graphics.[/QUOTE]Not to mention the music which is almost unrecognizable.

It'll be interesting to see who'll have the rights once Ubisoft loses it.

I'm glad I let me kids know about the Sonic sale while we were on vacation and picked up Metal Sonic + level expansion for Sonic & Sega Racing for them while we were there.

[quote name='martyback']How good is Half Minute Hero? What's the multiplayer like?[/QUOTE]

It's good. Playing it for the first time. You almost need to play through the first few levels to be able to understand the game. So far, the levels are each about 2-5 minutes (you can reset the 30 timer and the game freezes time when in town). There's also multiple ways to complete the levels and secret exits and hidden monsters.

I couldn't compare it to any other game I've ever played. Maybe like a cracked out ogre battle?

I jumped on Hard Corps: Uprising. Great game.
------

This is a question that I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to but I want to be sure:

If you have a Silver Account that you activate a gold trial on, does it give you access to the DOTW prices? I have a silver account that I activated a point card on to download something on a system that primarily stays offline. It has 400 points left-over that I'd like to use to download X-Men Arcade on my primary system.

Is this feasible? I'm guessing not.

I just wish I could transfer points between accounts :roll:.

[quote name='MtlTom']If you have a Silver Account that you activate a gold trial on, does it give you access to the DOTW prices? I have a silver account that I activated a point card on to download something on a system that primarily stays offline. It has 400 points left-over that I'd like to use to download X-Men Arcade on my primary system.

Is this feasible? I'm guessing not.
[/QUOTE]

I've seen this answered "No" several times, although I have no evidence right now. I think the only exception was some older 2 week or 30 day trials that came with some very old games. the 24 hr trials will not qualify you for the sale.

Well, the story on HMH is as good as i remember. Finding myself getting stuck as early as stage 6 and 7 already.

From what i played of the Multiplayer last night, i dont even think the word frantic describes it. But god it was hilarious/fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back