XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gubmccargen']Great TNT Racers review for anyone (like myself) on the fence about it. Thanks. Any game that mentions Mario Kart 64 sounds like a blind 400 point buy to me. You mentioned that the multiplayer would be great if there were still players around. I imagine there will be decent volume for a couple of weeks due to the sale. Should we get a CAG group going?[/QUOTE]

It'll be interesting to see. I reviewed TNT Racers within... a week of it being released so it was brand new and there was still no one playing it. Maybe the sale will bring in some people, but I imagine you will almost certainly have to organize a group for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='I OU a Beatn']That's a great price. I was in the Ms. Splosion Man beta and enjoyed every second of it. It's worth every single one of those 800 points.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I wonder if Twisted Pixel will give those who signed up for the Beta a free download of the full version...I could see it happening so I am keeping my fingers crossed. This is just me speculating so I don't wanna stir up anything.

[quote name='brkptr']Love this thread, but I have a quick administrative question about the layout on the first page. Is anyone else having a tough time reading the list of games when using an iPhone browser? I'm able to see lists in other threads with no problems, but the display of these comes out mangled. I've tried a few different browsers but the display is the same. ReddJoey, I definitely don't want to add any more work to what you're already doing to maintain this thread, but do you know if there's any change that could be made to the formatting to make this more readable on the iPhone? Or if anyone has a suggestion of how I could fix this on my end that'd be even better.
Thanks!

Example Screenshots
Using Safari
Using Atomic Web Browser[/QUOTE]

Same issue on my EVO. Also had it on my Palm Pre. It's resolved now, but if anyone wants to pass the msg on to the Kmart thread, that'd be peachy.

To everyone who had problems viewing the thread on a mobile device:

Why didn't you say something sooner?
Is everything (within reason) working now?

[quote name='htown01']For those very few contemplating on getting Hot Zone, don't. There is no one playing that mode at all :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Thanks for the headsup. Just picked MoH backup at BBV and was contemplating picking up this map pack for it. Guess I'll spend my point somewhere else.

Pretty sad that Stacking didn't even make the sale page on the dashboard. I thought for a minute it wasn't on sale, so I came here to check it out. This kind of makes me want to buy it more, just to get it recognized at least.

Also, add me to the long list of people waiting for some kind of Pinball FX 2 sale. I feel like such a cheap ass not wanting to spend 200/240 per table but come on, give us Marvel Pinball for 600 points or less.

[quote name='reddjoey']To everyone who had problems viewing the thread on a mobile device:

Is everything (within reason) working now?[/QUOTE]

Never had much interest in xbla, until recently. But yes the list is viewable. Thanks for revising it man. I appreciate it, and so do the mobile CAGs

[quote name='reddjoey']To everyone who had problems viewing the thread on a mobile device:

nothings perfect with the mobile browser stuff, i just figured thats how it was. i cannot find my ipod since 4th celebrations, but it sounds like what was being described, so thanks for fixing.

lol i thought it was my phones fault! I had issues with the Kmart thread as well. I'll check it again now.

Page seems okay with my android phone.

I just started checking out your thread a few months ago(which is AWESOME btw :applause:)

I would just skip to the last page and usually it would have the deals within a page or two. I honestly didn't want to bother you and thought it'd be too much of a hassle and/or it was just........me.

Thanks again for taking the time and effort to update this thread daily. Seriously. It's someplace I check out daily when I have 3-4 spare minutes at a time. Makes the day go by faster!!

I'll also join the chorus of those wanting a Pinball FX2 sale.

I actually got the Captain America table from a Zen contest last month, and that made me download the Fantastic Four table as well, but man, I really want the core game and Marvel Pinball for half off.

Picked up Stacking today, played it quite a while, it is really a lot of fun. I thought it was just a puzzle based game, didn't know it was a platform game as well.

[quote name='loc0bob']Thanks for the headsup. Just picked MoH backup at BBV and was contemplating picking up this map pack for it. Guess I'll spend my points somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

You're welcome. Yeah, you should spend your points on something else.

I hope I get to play that mode someday :lol:

I loved Torchlight even though it burnt my biscuits to pay 1200 for it near launch. At 800, it's well worth the price if you're even a moderate fan of hack and slash games. There isn't much challenge throughout the regular campaign but just the sheer spectacle of enemies all over, and your allies, and explosions, and loot flying everywhere made just about every minute of it fun for me.

I had found a previous version of CAG forums readable on my iPod (the one with the light green borders), since the change to a newer version, figuring it was only an issue with iPods I just browsed it under the regular non-mobile format (and I prefer that format anyway).

I'm still on the wait list for Pinball FX2 tables to go on sale. I just missed the buy Marvel Pinball get Zen Pinball for free promotion on PSN (got the Welcome Back before, but waiting on the JP PSN to reopen). I've just been playing the Mars table trial every once in a while and loving it, but at 240MSP and a CAG, I felt I can wait out a sale given a large backlog of games.

I was initially disappointed when I did not see Stacking on the Deal of the Week dashboard entry. Until I looked up the game proper on the dashboard (I still feel the navigation on the 360's dashboard can be more smooth). Again, my patience for a sale was rewarded. I found it to remind me of old point/click adventure titles, and like other double fine releases I don't always do the right thing on purpose just to see additional dialogue or flavor text. The personality of the game is great to me.

I am trying to figure out what will be my two 800MSP games for my July rewards. Although I do know the 200MSP essentially makes them not much of a deal at 700MSP each, but sometimes a CAG will take what they can get. I figure to maximize the returns by choosing two 800MSP which has a low chance of being reduced or on sale. So some of the XBLA titles such as the SNK ones (Garou, KOF98UM, KOF2k2UM, KOF Sky Stage, NeoGeo Battle Colosseum), Omega V, Soul Calibur, and Super Puzzle Fighter HD. I do feel some, like Soul Calibur, are will have a permanent price drop the moment I choose to buy it. I surmised the old spend 2400MSP get 800MSP back gave me more flexibility, since I spent it on various items such as DLC items under 400MSP but all together totaled 2400MSP. I look forward to suggestions in the CAG private messages to give me some input I will consider before the end of the month.

How does pinball fx2 work? Do you just buy the tables? I enjoyed the demo but didn't want to buy it at full price.

Love the torchlight sale! Been waiting for that one.

Also the mobile fix, thanks! I noticed the front page problem but didnt want to camplain about an outstanding thread that is well maintained otherwise.

[quote name='Althax']How does pinball fx2 work? Do you just buy the tables? I enjoyed the demo but didn't want to buy it at full price.

Love the torchlight sale! Been waiting for that one.

Also the mobile fix, thanks! I noticed the front page problem but didnt want to camplain about an outstanding thread that is well maintained otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Pinball FX2 is basically a pinball platform. The Pinball FX2 download is free and you just buy the tables that you want. They cost 200-240 msp each or 800 msp for the bundles.

[quote name='Althax']How does pinball fx2 work? Do you just buy the tables? I enjoyed the demo but didn't want to buy it at full price.
[/QUOTE]

The base client of Pinball FX2 allows you to sample every table, but gives you no achievements [unlike Game Room's free 100G]. One can choose to purchase the tables if one feels he/she would like to post leaderboard scores, gain achievements, or see some missions (pinball variety) through.

Some tables are bought in sets of 4, such as the original non-DLC 4 [Pinball FX (1)], the Core set of FX2 [Pasha, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep, Rome], or the Marvel base set [Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade]. The purchase of those sets are 800MSP each [works out to 200MSP a table].

Others are sold individually. The price I think may range from 200 to 240MSP. Most of the 200 ones are from the original Pinball FX, such as Street Fighter 2, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle. However, some even from the original Pinball FX may even be 240, like Excalibur and Earth Defense. Mars, a table from the PSN Zen Pinball is 240MSP. As are the Marvel additional tables, 240MSP each: Fantastic Four and Captain America.

I may have a price of a couple Pinball FX (1) DLC table wrong (may be 240 instead of 200); so don't quote me on that. My point is, I still would like a discount on those sometime. The original Pinball FX (1) was once a Deal of the Week at 400MSP down from 800MSP. Those are the only tables I have for Pinball FX2, since any table purchased from the delisted Pinball FX (1) nets you a free transfer to the newer physics engine of Pinball FX2.

However, I do feel some of the tables from the original Pinball FX (1) are a bit less fun in Pinball FX2. Despite the improved physics from the FX2 engine, Zen Studios readjusted the scores such that they are a bit more consistent with the whole FX2 experience: making 1million worth something. In doing so, they forgot to update some of the displays for a few tables, so some missions will say, "score 2X" but fail to now append "then immediately divided by 2" (seriously, it would have been nicer for them to say "does nothing" after completing a mission on the Agents table for example).

If you are a first time buyer, I would suggest avoiding the original tables (base set and DLC) of Pinball FX (1), and go straight to the Pinball FX2 tables. Since they have the flashier displays found from the PSN counterpart, and the scoring/missions do not have similar issues.

I hope that helps. I know many too would love to have a 50% off from the prices they are currently asking. There was once a Xbox Live Rewards Program deal where you get 80MSP back for the purchase of the base Marvel pack (800MSP). At that time, it didn't seem worthwhile, but after the last extended drought of deals [for me, which lasted about 2 months] it looks better in retrospect.

Just wondering if it has been announced yet when the ME2 DLC will be on sale? Will it be next weeks DOTW?

I read somewhere that ME2 was 1% in the lead when the vote ended, not sure if this is true or not.

Really feeling a compulsion to get stacking... I don't really like puzzles but the art style is calling my name. Should I bite or pass?

[quote name='Lhallfin']Really feeling a compulsion to get stacking... I don't really like puzzles but the art style is calling my name. Should I bite or pass?[/QUOTE]

You can always download the demo and try it out.

[quote name='steveau']Just wondering if it has been announced yet when the ME2 DLC will be on sale? Will it be next weeks DOTW?

I read somewhere that ME2 was 1% in the lead when the vote ended, not sure if this is true or not.[/QUOTE]

It was winning by like 4% at my last check. They said it would be a Dotw sometime in July so expect to see it in the next few weeks. Come on The Arrival DLC discount!

Bought Stacking, very awesome game. Will pick up Torchlight after playing through Stacking a bit more and I might get TNT Racers since its only 400 points, but I only bought Scrap Metal a couple of weeks back and they are both fairly similar games.

[quote name='Crono-00']The base client of Pinball FX2 allows you to sample every table, but gives you no achievements [unlike Game Room's free 100G]. One can choose to purchase the tables if one feels he/she would like to post leaderboard scores, gain achievements, or see some missions (pinball variety) through.

Some tables are bought in sets of 4, such as the original non-DLC 4 [Pinball FX (1)], the Core set of FX2 [Pasha, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep, Rome], or the Marvel base set [Spiderman, Wolverine, Iron Man, Blade]. The purchase of those sets are 800MSP each [works out to 200MSP a table].

Others are sold individually. The price I think may range from 200 to 240MSP. Most of the 200 ones are from the original Pinball FX, such as Street Fighter 2, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle. However, some even from the original Pinball FX may even be 240, like Excalibur and Earth Defense. Mars, a table from the PSN Zen Pinball is 240MSP. As are the Marvel additional tables, 240MSP each: Fantastic Four and Captain America.

I may have a price of a couple Pinball FX (1) DLC table wrong (may be 240 instead of 200); so don't quote me on that. My point is, I still would like a discount on those sometime. The original Pinball FX (1) was once a Deal of the Week at 400MSP down from 800MSP. Those are the only tables I have for Pinball FX2, since any table purchased from the delisted Pinball FX (1) nets you a free transfer to the newer physics engine of Pinball FX2.

However, I do feel some of the tables from the original Pinball FX (1) are a bit less fun in Pinball FX2. Despite the improved physics from the FX2 engine, Zen Studios readjusted the scores such that they are a bit more consistent with the whole FX2 experience: making 1million worth something. In doing so, they forgot to update some of the displays for a few tables, so some missions will say, "score 2X" but fail to now append "then immediately divided by 2" (seriously, it would have been nicer for them to say "does nothing" after completing a mission on the Agents table for example).

If you are a first time buyer, I would suggest avoiding the original tables (base set and DLC) of Pinball FX (1), and go straight to the Pinball FX2 tables. Since they have the flashier displays found from the PSN counterpart, and the scoring/missions do not have similar issues.

I hope that helps. I know many too would love to have a 50% off from the prices they are currently asking. There was once a Xbox Live Rewards Program deal where you get 80MSP back for the purchase of the base Marvel pack (800MSP). At that time, it didn't seem worthwhile, but after the last extended drought of deals [for me, which lasted about 2 months] it looks better in retrospect.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your very informative post. I've owned Pinball FX 2 since day one for XBLA, and own Zen Pinball for PS3 as well. If I have the choice, between the two, I buy it for Pinball FX 2 due to the multiplayer support of the game and various tables.

Mlb baseball bobbleheads is showing up on the marketplace for 800. Hope its better than te crap game mlb stickball on xbl

Also dead block looks fun

[quote name='Bradisback']Mlb baseball bobbleheads is showing up on the marketplace for 800. Hope its better than te crap game mlb stickball on xbl

Also dead block looks fun[/QUOTE]

It's by Konami so it might actually be a Power Pro Kun game at its core. Would be rad!

I'd get Torchlight if I didn't already have it on Steam. Incredibly fun and definitely worth buying.
Red Faction Badlands DLC is fun, but of course the transporter missions are annoying (it might also be worth noting that the multiplayer pack doesn't have additional achievements).

[quote name='Crono-00']The base client of Pinball FX2 allows you to sample every table, but gives you no achievements [unlike Game Room's free 100G]. One can choose to purchase the tables if one feels he/she would like to post leaderboard scores, gain achievements, or see some missions (pinball variety) through.

I hope that helps. I know many too would love to have a 50% off from the prices they are currently asking. There was once a Xbox Live Rewards Program deal where you get 80MSP back for the purchase of the base Marvel pack (800MSP). At that time, it didn't seem worthwhile, but after the last extended drought of deals [for me, which lasted about 2 months] it looks better in retrospect.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that informative reply. I guess I will just stick to the demo for now. Are there any tables that are must haves or just generally better than others?

[quote name='Idx86']I wish Torchlight was multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

the whole time i am playing torchlight all i can think of is how good it is but how much better it could have been with co-op.
still a great game though.

Don't know if it's just my misfortune but that MLB game royally screwed up my system. The download finished then locked itself in a cycle of going from 1% to 100% and wouldn't stop doing that complete with on screen pop up everytime it "finished". Then when I deleted the actual trial and try to cancel the new download I get an error message and the download will not stop.

Just a heads up as if I can't fix this I have no idea what I will have to do to download any other games ever again.

[quote name='biledriver']Don't know if it's just my misfortune but that MLB game royally screwed up my system. The download finished then locked itself in a cycle of going from 1% to 100% and wouldn't stop doing that complete with on screen pop up everytime it "finished". Then when I deleted the actual trial and try to cancel the new download I get an error message and the download will not stop.

Just a heads up as if I can't fix this I have no idea what I will have to do to download any other games ever again.[/QUOTE]

The Xbox Support Twitter team posted a little bit ago that they are aware that users are experiencing issues. Sounds like the network is struggling again.

I'm stuck at 1% on my demo downloads but I've gotten used to Xbox having issues during the Wednesday updates. Don't be alarmed just wait it out. If you don't need your Xbox just shut it off for a few hours and the problem will likely be fixed.

reddjoey,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that the Stacking sale is the "Family Pack Deal". I have decided to create a whole website for my xbldb database and I have posted the info there:
http://xbldb.com/2011/07/06/family-pack-deal-2011-07-05/

xbldb.com is still a work in progress and the database is not updated automatically and most pages are still stubs. I would continue to use my main website:

http://hdfanatic.com/xbldb/latest-offer-price-history/price-decreases/

My main site found that some Red Faction stuff has had price drops in July. So far it seems like July is not getting any Full game price drops.

[quote name='Spylon']
My main site found that some Red Faction stuff has had price drops in July. So far it seems like July is not getting any Full game price drops.[/QUOTE]

thank you so much! i've been waiting for price drops on these DLCs for a while.
hmm... would emailing out price alerts be in future plans?

[quote name='basis']thank you so much! i've been waiting for price drops on these DLCs for a while.
hmm... would emailing out price alerts be in future plans?[/QUOTE]

Shhh, don't leak the "world domination" plans.

I have plans for that and more of course, already implemented some of it but the website is maintained in my spare time so I don't think it will be soon.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the Ms. 'Splosion Man demo released a week early, for those who want to get a taste of next week's release. You cant buy it yet tho, as it is priced at -1 points right now. I was a fan of the first game, and this one is even better. Day1 purchase for me, especially at 800 (of course would prefer a sale).

[quote name='Spylon']reddjoey,

I just wanted to give you a heads up that the Stacking sale is the "Family Pack Deal". I have decided to create a whole website for my xbldb database and I have posted the info there:
http://xbldb.com/2011/07/06/family-pack-deal-2011-07-05/

xbldb.com is still a work in progress and the database is not updated automatically and most pages are still stubs. I would continue to use my main website:

http://hdfanatic.com/xbldb/latest-offer-price-history/price-decreases/

My main site found that some Red Faction stuff has had price drops in July. So far it seems like July is not getting any Full game price drops.[/QUOTE]

Ok. I will move it

[quote name='Raidy']Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the Ms. 'Splosion Man demo released a week early, for those who want to get a taste of next week's release. You cant buy it yet tho, as it is priced at -1 points right now. I was a fan of the first game, and this one is even better. Day1 purchase for me, especially at 800 (of course would prefer a sale).[/QUOTE]

Not seeing it now, so I'm guessing they realized the mistake and removed it. Then again I was on Xbox.com, so maybe it's actually still up on the system itself?

[quote name='Spylon']MY main site found that some Red Faction stuff has had price drops in July. So far it seems like July is not getting any Full game price drops.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I will pick up the badlands DLC but the Multiplayer stuff is most likely too old to bother with unless there is an actual MP community still. Anyone know?

[quote name='Raidy']Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the Ms. 'Splosion Man demo released a week early, for those who want to get a taste of next week's release. You cant buy it yet tho, as it is priced at -1 points right now. I was a fan of the first game, and this one is even better. Day1 purchase for me, especially at 800 (of course would prefer a sale).[/QUOTE]

I downloaded and played it last night. I'll definitely be picking it up next week especially at only 800 points.

Oh how I wish Splosion Man would go on sale next week to celebrate the release of Ms. Splosion Man. Ever since I missed the $2 sale on it I've been reluctant to buy it for full price.

In other Ms. 'Splosion Man news:
When the balls touch they splode! Ms. Splosion Man is coming to Pinball FX2 this summer in a brand new original pinball table built with bits and pieces straight from Twisted Pixel's sploding platformer! Additionally, our friends at Twisted Pixel have built a Pinball FX2 pinball machine into the arcade area of Ms. Splosion Man, which will be out next week on XBLA.

MLB Bobbleheads Pro is a really good sequel to the other Power Pros games.

Definitely recommended for fans of Baseball Stars and N64 All Star Baseball. They packed a ton of content in here for $10.

Brew Crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back