XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Wii version already has those and the PS2 version rebalancing, plus choice of Classic Controller and Wii Remote so I dunno. Depends on the price, I guess.

Anyone have any idea what this coming week's DotW is going to be? Is it the players' choice (ME2 DLC won, I think) one we voted on a while back, or is that only in August?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Thanks didn't know that, but Microsft is retarded and overprice everything so hopefully that isn't the case with these two games. Gotta save money for gears, batman, saints, cod, battlefield, etc, etc....[/QUOTE]

Apparently this needs to be explained every once in awhile. Microsoft doesn't set the price, the publisher does. That's why there are a ton of great EA games for $20 and Call of Duty games are $60 years after release.

Totally down for RE4 again although I wish we were getting a disc release of it and RE:CV. I think it will be my 4th version of RE4 (although I sold the GC version once the Wii one came out) and... maybe 5th of RE:CV...

[quote name='Halo05']Totally down for RE4 again although I wish we were getting a disc release of it and RE:CV. I think it will be my 4th version of RE4 (although I sold the GC version once the Wii one came out) and... maybe 5th of RE:CV...[/QUOTE]

think i read they're releasing retail verses in stores too

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']think i read they're releasing retail verses in stores too[/QUOTE]

Only in japan, I believe... Not really sure why.

I've 2x dipped on RE4, both on the Gamecube and Wii, so I'm tempted too. Actually more so for Code V.

Any updates on the rumored Mass Effect DLC that's supposed to go on sale this week? C'mon Arrival!!!!!!

If anyone wants to get the info on the DotW early, badger @AceyBongos on twitter. He's a bit more responsive than MajorNelson, but since this is the vote week he might only have the UK deal. (In fairness he has less than 10% of the followers that MajorNeslon does)

What's the Cave shooter that was released as GoD? Will buying that qualify for the buying two 800 point games to get back 200 points, or is that just for XBLA titles?

[quote name='Gnort']Anyone have any idea what this coming week's DotW is going to be? Is it the players' choice (ME2 DLC won, I think) one we voted on a while back, or is that only in August?[/QUOTE]

Been DYING to buy the BFBC2 Vietnam expansion but I know the second I do it will be 1/2 off a few days later. Wish I knew what it was going to be.

Was it CONFIRMED ME2 won?

are any of the retail games ever on sale for 1200 points as opposed to 1600?

and what are some of your favorite arcade titles? very interested in castle crashers, does that ever go on sale?

[quote name='yahoosale14']are any of the retail games ever on sale for 1200 points as opposed to 1600?[/QUOTE]

Xbox Originals have been on sale for as low as $5 and Halo: Reach has been on sale once or twice, but I don't think anything in Games on Demand have ever dropped below $20/1600.

Killing me because I know if I buy Vietnam for $15 today it will be 1/2 price in a blink of an eye. Hoping it's ME2 though because I need the DLC from there.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']Killing me because I know if I buy Vietnam for $15 today it will be 1/2 price in a blink of an eye. Hoping it's ME2 though because I need the DLC from there.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry it will be Mass Effect 2. It was ahead in the polls from the very beginning and never lost any ground. It was not the landslide that Pac-Man CE DX was but it was definitely the clear frontrunner by ~3-4%.

I'm just hoping the include the Genesis DLC. I know it's just the comic that I'll play through when I get the PS3 version some day but I still want to play it sooner than later if I can get it on the cheap.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Don't worry it will be Mass Effect 2. It was ahead in the polls from the very beginning and never lost any ground. It was not the landslide that Pac-Man CE DX was but it was definitely the clear frontrunner by ~3-4%.

I'm just hoping the include the Genesis DLC. I know it's just the comic that I'll play through when I get the PS3 version some day but I still want to play it sooner than later if I can get it on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-u7qunCmQ

orly?

[quote name='yahoosale14']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot-u7qunCmQ

orly?[/QUOTE]

Possibly faked? I watched it all week and I never saw that. I don't recall seeing any comments during the voting week to support this. I guess we'll find out tomorrow either way. Also there was The Arrival DLC on sale for a brief period last week which most believe was an accidental early flip of the sale switch further indicating that ME2 won the vote.

EDIT: Just rewatched the video. It was in the first 30k votes which happened very early on so it may have been recorded before I even voted on the first day. I believe they were well beyond 30k when I voted the first time. Early voting results obviously also have much greater potential for fluctuations for obvious reasons. If you had a video of the results by the last day then it would be more significant. This is all but irrelevant. As I recall Dewey did indeed NOT defeat Truman despite early voting results.

Also FWIW you have only proved I was technically correct. Mass Effect 2 was in first place in that video wasn't it? It just happened to be tied for first.

when did the voting start? does anyone remember what vote number they were(50k, 100k, etc)?

fwiw, i also think me3 won, i just didnt expect it to be that close.

Whatever won, I'll have a week off from Deals of the Week. If that's a good thing. ??? I need to decide if there's some 800+ point game I want to buy to get the 200 points back. I picked up Torchlight. Just need to decide on something else, or to just bag the deal and save my points.

Last I checked Mass Effect 2 was in the lead by about 3-4%, that was when the total votes were over 100,000+. Microsoft did say 40% of Xbox 360 time spent is on non-gaming activities, and I guess mine is idle time on the dashboard looking at some of the many ads like that voting (or answering random messages). I did check it often, and I am about 80% confident tomorrow's Deal of the Week will involve Mass Effect 2.

The deal may or may not affect me. What would you say is the probability/chances/odds a complete version of Mass Effect 2 would be released on disc (with something like a voucher or 3rd install disc for all the DLC)? I've done the waiting game before for Fable 2, Fallout 3, Dragon Age, etc. which later released a GOTY or Platinum Hits version with all the DLC included [and waited further for those said editions to be on sale]; it would not be difficult for me to wait because I still have to go through the first Mass Effect a second time, get to level 60, get a couple allies, try out another class/difficulty, etc.

After watching that video, I should have voted for Ass Cred 2: Creed Harder. Now that I recently purchased the game (no complete version for really cheap around me so I settled for the base game at a low low price). Upon some research the DLC for that game was on sale last year during Summer of Arcade (a whopping 80MSP and 160MSP off). My vote wouldn't have made the difference though.

As for the RE4 HD remastering, I can't wait to see Ashley Graham in glorious HD. I still have to know if there may be a chance of a Wii-like control scheme option available on the PS3 edition; it could be the deciding factor if I would want it for the 360 or not. Also, I may exorcise a demon and finally finish Code Veronica which I had never finished on the Dreamcast.

i pretty much never buy DLC. As a collector who still has my NES/Genesis, ect, I think its dumb to not have a hard copy of a game. Im pretty sure any DLC you have will be worthless 10 years down the road when XBL goes down, or the system dies and you cant use it because of DLC

ANyway, that being said, i was eyeballing a couple games. Specifically breath of death VII and Cthulu saves the world. I also was thinking of getting techno kitty adventure for my niece (she loves it). Those are relatively cheap games. I was skimming this thead but didn't see anything on sale that im interested in. So I was wondering; what is the best way to get xbox live points? SHould i just enter my Credit card and get some points, or would the cards you see on amazon and in stores be a better bet? Im VERY leery about giving my credit card info to XBOX after the Sony debacle a few months ago >_< I DID just sign up to the rewards program linked on the OP, but it says it will take almost 3 days to clear o_O

Actually the way MS points work is confusing and shady as hell if you ask me. WHy cant you just buy them in a 1:1 ratio or something?

[quote name='Kenshindono']
Actually the way MS points work is confusing and shady as hell if you ask me. WHy cant you just buy them in a 1:1 ratio or something?[/QUOTE]

Why can't I buy gas for $3.90 a gallon instead of $3.8999?

buy them online or at the store. If you can wait it out they will put them onsale, making the "ratio" a little better in your favor

[quote name='Kenshindono']Actually the way MS points work is confusing and shady as hell if you ask me. WHy cant you just buy them in a 1:1 ratio or something?[/QUOTE]

Their original excuse for making points the way they are is that they were going to make everything the same price in points across the globe. A 1200 point game costs 1200 points in the US and in the UK. As far as I know that didn't last long and they sell points in different amounts in different countries anyway.

For the most part the conversion can easily be memorized:

400 is $5
800 is $10
1200 is $15
1600 is $20

That covers the vast majority of the prices on Xbox Live. Beyond that there are calculators you can easily google for if you need help.

Of course buying points at a discount compounds the confusion depending on what you buy the points at. Since (like most CAGs) I get my points from buy.com's occassional eBay sale it actually can greatly simplify the math. I spend (rounding a penny up for ease) $40 for 4000 points making every 100 points a dollar. Sure can make the math much much simpler that way. Of course I still look at prices as they are ment to be not what I actually pay for them. 800 points is my absolute limit on arcade games which is still $10 in my eyes and not the $8 I actually paid.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']

EDIT: Just rewatched the video. It was in the first 30k votes which happened very early on so it may have been recorded before I even voted on the first day. I believe they were well beyond 30k when I voted the first time. Early voting results obviously also have much greater potential for fluctuations for obvious reasons. If you had a video of the results by the last day then it would be more significant. This is all but irrelevant. As I recall Dewey did indeed NOT defeat Truman despite early voting results.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is really early on. I saw the votes hit over 400k right before it was over and ME2 was in the lead by a good 5%.

Could Mass Effect 2 winning the poll be responsible for the brief price drop on the Arrival DLC recently?

Perhaps that sale went into effect through a mistake slightly early?

[quote name='Eldredpe']Could Mass Effect 2 winning the poll be responsible for the brief price drop on the Arrival DLC recently?

Perhaps that sale went into effect through a mistake slightly early?[/QUOTE]

That is the belief of the vast majority of us.

Can't see the others because I bought them already, but Arrival for Mass Effect 2 is back down to 280pts. Weapons and Appearance packs are still 160pts. Genesis is 320pts, not sure if that was the normal price or not.

Arrival's @ 280 (Gold Exclusive Price according to ze website), so I assume the sale has either kicked in, or is about to. Debating on whether or not I should pick up ME2 now and reap the benefits of the sale since there probably won't be an arcade titles on sale to pick up for the Buy 2 get 200 points back promotion. =/ You were rather screwed with this promotion unless you picked up titles (like Torchlight) at the beginning of the month. I checked ME1's DLC, is Pinnacle usually 400, and Bring Down the Sky usually 80?

Sale has officially kicked in (and is Gold exclusive):

Lair of the Shadow Broker is 400 MSP (instead of 800).

Kasumi: Stolen Memory is 280 MSP (instead of 560).

Arrival is 280 MSP (instead of 560).

That's all that the website has indicated as being on sale. Sounds pretty meh with a total possible savings of 1060 MSP ($12) for everything (but I wouldn't know). Guess that makes the no XBLA titles on sale, official. Reap the benefits if you need the DLC for 360, I suppose.

I think, although I may be wrong, that the reason for using spacebux/MSP instead of money like PSN uses is also to avoid tax on digital purchases. Since you aren't using real money, they don't need to charge tax.

[quote name='dabamus']I think, although I may be wrong, that the reason for using spacebux/MSP instead of money like PSN uses is also to avoid tax on digital purchases. Since you aren't using real money, they don't need to charge tax.[/QUOTE]

Not when you purchase points though. I like how Tennessee is double dipping on sales taxes. I noticed on one iTunes transaction, I got charged tax and I also got charged tax when I purchased an iTunes card as well.

Oh wells, I did changed that billing address to my brother's place in California...and voila, no taxes.

[quote name='Stephan123']XBLA games will not be on sale I think because of Summer of Arcade[/QUOTE]

Ugh, really? Really irked I missed the Mutants sale (perfect for my purposes) and the Torchlight sale at the beginning of the month. I've actually never purchased an XBLA title that wasn't on disc/redeemable voucher (Battlefield 1943). Any recommendations for 800 MSP arcade titles that NEVER go on sale?

Edit: @ above poster, that makes me very happy I no longer live there. New York's not much better about tax, but I remember Tennessee's tax rate was ridiculous. I lived there during the whole beverage tax fiasco.

Edit 2: I guess MS' recent pattern for the DotW recently is to have only 3 things on sale at a time. Would it have killed them to make all the add-ons half off? At least the weapon/appearance packs could have used a discount. And Cerberus Network (from what I've read) has no excuse not to be on sale.

[quote name='dabamus']I think, although I may be wrong, that the reason for using spacebux/MSP instead of money like PSN uses is also to avoid tax on digital purchases. Since you aren't using real money, they don't need to charge tax.[/QUOTE]

You pay tax when you buy MS points.

[quote name='Flame Killa']You pay tax when you buy MS points.[/QUOTE]

But that's a one-time tax, it's being implied that digital microtransactions are taxed (on Microsoft) unless they use the spacebucks. Microsoft couldn't care less whether or not YOU get taxed.

Edit: Actually, below post is right. I just assumed I was mistaken, thank you.

really? because ive never payed taxes when buying point cards at best buy and PSN purchases include the taxes on the price already, they were charging taxes at first but i guess enough people complaint and they fixed it

When does the Deal of the Week get posted on the website usually? I want my disappointment to be official since the sale prices are already in effect.

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']really? because ive never payed taxes when buying point cards at best buy and PSN purchases include the taxes on the price already, they were charging taxes at first but i guess enough people complaint and they fixed it[/QUOTE]Same here, I've never had to pay tax buying MSP cards from a local B&M retailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back