XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']Maybe they are going to wait and be part of the fall/winter of arcade. Since they are looking at possible release dates it sounds like they may have some options.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they don't wait too long. The sooner it's released, the sooner it's a DotW :D

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Also Spylon if you read this I liked the old format for pricing history better. I could read instantly when something was discounted whereas this new system I can't read so well. My vision isn't the best and the tiny text is harder to read than it has to be. Granted it looks nicer but for me it's a trade-off of style over function. Maybe have the old chart below the new graph? Just a suggestion.[/QUOTE]

Chrono Gear,

You must have missed my post when I got xbldb.com up. I have started moving everything over there and most updates/changes are only made there. hdfanatic.com is still up and uses the same database but new pages will no be on hdfanatic.com.

The change you requested is already there :cool: :
http://xbldb.com/offer-details/?offer=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a53

I haven't been updating my front page, since the deals have sucked recently, but I've been busy working on the back end. I have a new feature I'll post about after I test it for the remainder of this week.

[quote name='The Brief Chef']I would love MS dearly if they would add Psychonauts as part of their Xbox Originals sale[/QUOTE]

you can't even buy it right now at all so I doubt it

[quote name='buckythekat']you can't even buy it right now at all so I doubt it[/QUOTE]

check under "F" in the Games Marketplace ... 1200MSP!

[quote name='Spylon']Chrono Gear,

You must have missed my post when I got xbldb.com up. I have started moving everything over there and most updates/changes are only made there. hdfanatic.com is still up and uses the same database but new pages will no be on hdfanatic.com.

The change you requested is already there :cool: :
http://xbldb.com/offer-details/?offer=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a53

I haven't been updating my front page, since the deals have sucked recently, but I've been busy working on the back end. I have a new feature I'll post about after I test it for the remainder of this week.[/QUOTE]

I probably did but thanks for the heads up. I will start using the new site instead. Looks good. Thanks!

[quote name='buckythekat']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Psychonauts/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d4a07d2
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Full-Game-Psychonauts/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d4a07d2

you can't buy it, the actual game seems to have been pulled[/QUOTE]

Ah you are right, I didn't check under "F" :whistle2:#.

I suppose this may be because Double Fine got the publishing rights to the game now and it is in transition.

Still doesn't change it from being an awesome game that should get discounted for all to play. I have it on PS2, but I fire up the 360 more often than the PS3, just because the 360 has a VGA cable (the PS3 via HDMI is on a shared TV in my home).

All we know that t he success of Nike Shox Shoes from Nike company is not just the result of advertisement, the most important is the fashion designs and excellent quality.you can buy a newest Nike Shox Monster in the flagship,as we know that all Nike Shox like Nike Shox NZ has 4 circular columns to provide cushioning when running, the midsole of Nike Shox R4 is injected by the Phylon with flexible air sole unit for lightweight,that’s why it’s so popular for girls. And Nike Shox TL3 is also popular for most of youngers. Welcome to cheap shox !

Spent the last few days playing Toy Soldiers: Cold War for review on my site (should be posted in an hour or two if anyone is interested) and have to say it is arguably worth full price; just a very solid game. Just thought I'd throw that out there for all of you itching to spend some Microsoft Point after a few weeks of so-so sales.

According to Joystiq, The Baconing is coming on Aug 31st. That's three games releasing on that day. I feel bad for the developers having to fight it out.

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']Still waiting for a sale on Pinball FX2/Marvel Pinball![/QUOTE]

That's what I came here looking for!
It would have been a great opportunity for them to discount the Marvel tables last week (or was it the week before) when Zen held the Spider-Man tournament.

I've got the points in the bank waiting on when they inevitably do drop.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Wait they removed Psychonauts from the marketplace? I can still download it since I bought it through my purchase history right?[/QUOTE]

yes yes you can. Also with the new zombies dlc for black ops from what i heard you get a free theme with it right? If it just so happens to be true i hope it's Premium

[quote name='Grubish360']You should add Windows Phone weekly deals, and Games for Windows Deal of the weeks.[/QUOTE]No thanks. This thread is fine as is.

That idea was brought up before and it was decided to stick to Xbox Live content (in fact when Zune content is on sale, it's generally ignored here). You are free to make threads for those sales and use this as a template.

I bought Black and I'm highly disappointed. I always wanted to play this game but I guess I should have done more research. No iron sights, tough checkpoints, and repetitive enemies made my playthrough frustrating and annoying. I'll try it again when it's not the end of my day...but the $10 probably would have been better used buying Fruit Ninja Kinect!

[quote name='reddjoey']That idea was brought up before and it was decided to stick to Xbox Live content (in fact when Zune content is on sale, it's generally ignored here). You are free to make threads for those sales and use this as a template.[/QUOTE]

Don't hurt my feelings. We already have a Windows Phone Xbox Live Deal of the Week thread run by some awesome guy.

[quote name='thegame85']I bought Black and I'm highly disappointed. I always wanted to play this game but I guess I should have done more research. No iron sights, tough checkpoints, and repetitive enemies made my playthrough frustrating and annoying. I'll try it again when it's not the end of my day...but the $10 probably would have been better used buying Fruit Ninja Kinect![/QUOTE]
As a fan of Black who recommended that, I'm sorry to hear that.

But, yeah, the checkpoints kinda suck.

[quote name='RollingSkull']As a fan of Black who recommended that, I'm sorry to hear that.

But, yeah, the checkpoints kinda suck.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I remember it being really good, but maybe it hasn't aged well. :(

Fruit Ninja Kinect is SO GODDAMN FUN. It hurts me to say this, but this is what the Kinect was made for. Incredibly intuitive and satisfying to play, and if you have a heart in you you'll giggle like a fucking schoolgirl when it comes time to combo that pomegranate.

[quote name='reddjoey']Doesn't he do the steam sale thread too?[/QUOTE]

No I think you thinking of someone else. :D

Also how do you block contact with someone on this website ?

[quote name='supershammy']Fruit Ninja Kinect is SO GODDAMN FUN. It hurts me to say this, but this is what the Kinect was made for. Incredibly intuitive and satisfying to play, and if you have a heart in you you'll giggle like a fucking schoolgirl when it comes time to combo that pomegranate.[/QUOTE]

Yep. It has like 100k+ on the leaderboards already.

Kinect is good for dance, exercise, and sports, but for other games i think xbla makes more sense than retail. They can make a quick easy fun game and sell it for $10.

Infinity blade Kinect on xbla would be awesome as well and I assume would make tons of $$$. Half brick would be a good studio to port it if Epic/chair doesn't have the manpower.

These deals of the week have been disappointing lately. I know all of these originals have been on sale already. They should make all of the originals 33 percent off or do some for 50 percent off. I know I might be waiting awhile, but I'm waiting on Trenched and Half Minute Hero to go on sale.

It irritates me that a while back the developer behind Costume Quest posted on his Twitter that Costume Quest was going to get a permanent price drop and this never happened. I wanted Costume Quest but since it is suppose to go on a price drop I have been waiting.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Wait they removed Psychonauts from the marketplace? I can still download it since I bought it through my purchase history right?[/QUOTE]

Maybe NOT!
I HAD Mortal Kombat 3 download and it got erased from my hard drive. I went to re-download it from my history and it keeps coming back with it cannot be downloaded. I contacted MS and they kept saying that I will not be able to re-download it and MS has the right to add or remove anything from the marketplace.
I told them I already bought it and trying to RE-DOWNLOAD, not download for the first time, but they just kept repeating that over and over.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']

Also how do you block contact with someone on this website ?[/QUOTE]

If this is a serious question:

Click on their name and choose "Ignore ############".

If it is a serious issue, you might want to get speak to a MOD.

Thanks Spylon, but I just got home from the bar so I think I will wait until I wake up to post that deal.

[quote name='vamn']Hmm, That's kinda odd for a random sale... Maybe it's a price drop?[/QUOTE]

Definitely a sale. The website still shows the regular price with the sale price listed as a "GOLD EXCLUSIVE PRICE."

Agreed that it's really random, though. Maybe an accidental preview of the DotW?

nah gatling gears was 1200 off the bat it had it's price drop. From people here sayign that it was a steal at 800 it's just grand theft at 400 im getting this now right away when i finish work also Minerva's Den is alos Grand theft at 400 a must buy for anyone whether you love Bioshock or hate it buy it or else!!

[quote name='WonkyToad']Maybe NOT!
I HAD Mortal Kombat 3 download and it got erased from my hard drive. I went to re-download it from my history and it keeps coming back with it cannot be downloaded. I contacted MS and they kept saying that I will not be able to re-download it and MS has the right to add or remove anything from the marketplace.
I told them I already bought it and trying to RE-DOWNLOAD, not download for the first time, but they just kept repeating that over and over.[/QUOTE]

It's in your download history still, of course you can re-download it. Just log on your xbox, it won't let you queue it from your computer.

I just tried it. Umk3 downloaded fine. MS support is the worst, I don't know why anyone even listens to them. They are incorrect 75% of the time, that's even twitter support.

Damn, bought Gatling Gears in July as part of the buy two 800 arcade games and get 200 points back, thinking since its was recently reduced and that it wouldn't be on DOTW for a while. Ah well, its a pretty fun game, especially in co-op, and its well worth the 800 points, so its an absolute bargain at 400.

I'm def going to pick up Gatling Gears for 400. I don't get why the games price is dropping like a stone the demo seemed quality enough? When it first came out after playing the demo I thought, I'm def not paying 1200 it's more like an 800 game and I'd get it on sale for 400. I mean I'm not complaining, but just curious.

I will also say this every chance I get.

Minerva's Den is one of the best DLC's I've ever played. GREAT story (arguably better than the main story itself), good length and has new content exclusive to the DLC. I know a lot of people didn't like Bioshock 2, but believe me when I fervently say Minerva's Den is well worth your $5.

Edit: After playing Gatling Gears some more gotta say it's a STEAL for 400.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Minerva's Den is one of the best DLC's I've ever played. GREAT story (arguably better than the main story itself), good length and has new content exclusive to the DLC. I know a lot of people didn't like Bioshock 2, but believe me when I fervently say Minerva's Den is well worth your $5.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. Huge fan of the original Bioshock, but felt the sequel was only mediocre. Minerva's Den is fucking awesome though. Great story/atmosphere and 4-5 hours of gameplay made it a worthwhile day 1 purchase for me. Also has a plot twist that is almost on par with the original Bioshock. Definitely worth your $5 if you still have a copy of the base game lying around.

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']Definitely a sale. The website still shows the regular price with the sale price listed as a "GOLD EXCLUSIVE PRICE."

Agreed that it's really random, though. Maybe an accidental preview of the DotW?[/QUOTE]

Man, I hope not. Bioshock 2 stuff was already on sale a couple months ago. Not sure about Gatling Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back