XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Gears of War 1 & 2 are $14.99 or 1200 msp on Games on Demand from August 23 - 30. This sale appears to be open to everyone, not just Gold subscribers.

-Gears of War - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off - Metacritic
-Gears of War 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off - Metacritic

Does anyone know if Gears 2 was $20 or $30 before? Amazon says MSRP is still $30, so I'm assuming it's 50% off. edit: regular is $19.99

Be aware that Amazon has the Gears of War Triple Pack which includes both games and all the DLC for Gears 2 for $28. Best Buy has it for $20, but it's backordered online so you'll have to pick it up at your local store if they have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='100xp']damn it jim...when is Dungeon Defenders going to finally be available?[/QUOTE]

They just announced it today, October 19th.

I'm REALLY excited about this title, but after such a long wait I dunno if it'll do well.

Probably a first day (gasp!) full price buy for me.

[quote name='louiedog']Gears of War 1 & 2 are $14.99 or 1200 msp on Games on Demand from August 23 - 30. This sale appears to be open to everyone, not just Gold subscribers.

-Gears of War - 1200 Microsoft Points - 25% off - Metacritic
-Gears of War 2 - 1200 Microsoft Points - ??% off - Metacritic

Does anyone know if Gears 2 was $20 or $30 before? Amazon says MSRP is still $30, so I'm assuming it's 50% off.

Be aware that Amazon has the Gears of War Triple Pack which includes both games and all the DLC for Gears 2 for $28. Best Buy has it for $20, but it's backordered online so you'll have to pick it up at your local store if they have it.[/QUOTE]
If I'm not mistaken, the Gears 2 GOTY was $19.99, and that included the all fronts collection.

[quote name='harry hood']If I'm not mistaken, the Gears 2 GOTY was $19.99, and that included the all fronts collection.[/QUOTE]

Best Buy is selling for $20. The Amazon price is $19.99 right now, but they say list is $29.99. Of course the GoD version doesn't seem to be GOTY. The Microsoft Store only seems to be selling the non-GOTY version and it's $40. Who the hell knows...

Looks like the internets are claiming Mortal Kombat Kollection is coming out on the 31st for 800 points. Are they really going to release 4 games on the same day?

Gears 2 GOTY regularly goes for 19.99 on amazon. I bought it from them 2 months ago for the same price. Getting all the map packs definitely makes up for the $5 price difference, unless you just quickly want to play through the story before Gears 3 drops. There are several achievements tied to the various map packs tho.

[quote name='Solder']They just announced it today, October 19th.

I'm REALLY excited about this title, but after such a long wait I dunno if it'll do well.

Probably a first day (gasp!) full price buy for me.[/QUOTE]

damn...it seems so far away. While it would have been a 1st day buy for me fo'sho, considering all the pre-order titles coming out just before and just after...we'll see how the demo goes.

if they would just drop some more xbox originals to $5 instead of $10 i think theyd see the sales spike they want. never even heard of metal arms....

remember reddjoey, the neck bones' connected to the.....

was hoping the Gears games on demand sale would've been more of a discount, $15 for Gears 1? lol....

the good thing is that this is the first time games on demand games have gone on sale, so hopefully we see more of that, and at better prices.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']was hoping the Gears games on demand sale would've been more of a discount, $15 for Gears 1? lol....

the good thing is that this is the first time games on demand games have gone on sale, so hopefully we see more of that, and at better prices.[/QUOTE]

Halo Reach launched at $50 as a special price for the first week and then went back up to $60. It also dropped to $40 for a sale back in May. Other than that I can't think of any. It's also nice to see a below $20 GoD game. Some publishers, like Microsoft and EA, have quite a few good games at that price but it's a bit pointless when they're often available for $10-$15 on disc.

[quote name='Lithos']Gatling gears went up to 800 points again. Tried the demo and went to buy it and the price shot back up. O well.[/QUOTE]

It was lowered by mistake. It's part of next week's sale.

I've played about 45 minutes of Hydrophobia so far and am glad I picked it up. If anyone else is on the fence, it does get to be more fun than the demo. My only complaint is that the controls are a little twitchy, but not enough that I've bothered to look in the options for a sensitivity setting. I'm getting a Tomb Raider/Enslaved vibe so far from the climbing and jumping.

Picked up Gatling Gears and Hydrophobia earlier. I passed on Hydrophobia the last time it went on sale and kinda regretted it, figured I'd get it this time around. Pretty good game for the price.

I think the PC and PS3 versions of Hydrophobia are better. You get the water powers and a goofy boss battle toward the end to use them but I think the Xbox version does not get that.

Hydrophobia felt like a short, tightly focused compilation of all the worst filler crap from a third person shooter/action adventure game. Like levels Nathan Drake and even Lara turned their noses up at. There's fun there but not in an amount worth the cash or time, in my opinion.

Has there been any news on the Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes remakes? I was hoping to see them arrive on XBLA by now....can seem to find any release dates...anybody hear anything?

[quote name='bajingo']if they would just drop some more xbox originals to $5 instead of $10 i think theyd see the sales spike they want. never even heard of metal arms....

remember reddjoey, the neck bones' connected to the.....[/QUOTE]

I don't really see the point in buying xbox originals anymore. I purchased gta and halo xbox originals games for 400 msp (aka $5) and regret doing so. They're just taking up space and I don't even play them like I thought I would. Then with them remaking halo I fully regret the purchase, especially when you can get the game disc for around the same price. I'd like to see more games on demand go on sale for a better price, like deathsmiles 2 or even MS Studios games. Metal arms? Classic original xbox game, just like Mech Assault. They need to bring back more games like that.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Interesting week for sure. Dunno how to feel about Red Faction, I want to bite but do have a feeling it'll get a permanent price drop in the very near future. The Bulletstorm DLC, I'm more inclined to purchase; I do just happen to have it on 360 (Gears 3 beta being the main reason) and don't think it's highly likely the DLC will be on sale again, at least in the near future.

I'm hoping there are some decent non-COD deals to take away from the Activision sale. Since their only XBLA output has been COD Classic and a golf game, I probably shouldn't get my hopes too high up.[/QUOTE]

YOU MEAN THEY HAVE OTHER GAMES BESIDES COD!?!?!?!

:hot:

[quote name='Rollobobo']Has there been any news on the Radiant Silvergun and Guardian Heroes remakes? I was hoping to see them arrive on XBLA by now....can seem to find any release dates...anybody hear anything?[/QUOTE]I'm really looking forward to them as well. Aside from their achievements, we don't know much. Guardian Heroes is coming "Fall 2011", so could be Sept. or Oct. while Radiant Silvergun is still "2011".

Activision Publisher Game Content Sale– Games on demand, Add-ons, and more from the “Call of Duty” franchise

Anyone thinks the first map-pack of Black ops will be on sale ?

[quote name='Stephan123']Activision Publisher Game Content Sale– Games on demand, Add-ons, and more from the “Call of Duty” franchise

[/QUOTE]

That's what it sounds like.

[quote name='Stephan123']Activision Publisher Game Content Sale– Games on demand, Add-ons, and more from the “Call of Duty” franchise

[/QUOTE]

I doubt activision would put any of the black ops map packs on sale, but who knows, they could shock everyone and put them all on sale.

I bet activision will only discount previous cod titles though, especially the World at War map packs, trying to milk it for all they can even though they just released all of the original zombie maps on black ops (for the general public)

[quote name='jdb230']I doubt activision would put any of the black ops map packs on sale, but who knows, they could shock everyone and put them all on sale.[/QUOTE]

IIRC, they have a habit of putting the map packs from the latest COD on sale for 50% off a month or two before the next COD is released.

[quote name='jdb230']I doubt activision would put any of the black ops map packs on sale, but who knows, they could shock everyone and put them all on sale.

I bet activision will only discount previous cod titles though, especially the World at War map packs, trying to milk it for all they can even though they just released all of the original zombie maps on black ops (for the general public)[/QUOTE]
IIRC, the last CoD map pack sale was for MW2 and WaW. I'd like to think they wouldn't do that to us again, so soon. Activision does want people to move onto MW3, so it I'm guessing at least the first Black Ops pack will be on sale.

tried the Gatling Gears demo, it has it charm...I didn't like the almost floating like feel of your metal walker though, even for 400 ms I will pass.

[quote name='Zonic505']I'm really looking forward to them as well. Aside from their achievements, we don't know much. Guardian Heroes is coming "Fall 2011", so could be Sept. or Oct. while Radiant Silvergun is still "2011".[/QUOTE]

Odd fact on Radiant Silvergun, The most recent Gamepro has a snippet where the writer talks bout how much he's been playing it since it was released on Xbox live.

Hey guys. I apologize if this has already been answered before, but I didn't see any mention of it. For the Bulletstorm DLC (and Minerva's Den next week) are the GFWL versions of these DLC also on sale for Gold members, or is it only for the 360 versions?

I own Bulletstorm and Bioshock 2 both for PC, and would be really keen on picking up these items for cheap. Sure I could hop on after work and test, but I was curious if anyone had an answer at the moment.

[quote name='whywakeup']Metal Arms is one of my Favorite games of all time .. Its just FUN !!![/QUOTE]

I still have my Gamecube copy in shrink-wrap :(

Snagged both the Bulletstorm DLCs. I traded the game in after the Gears 3 beta ended, but I'll pick it up again. Might get the Red Factions arcade game. Downloaded the demo and I need to try it out......good deals this week. Much better than the last few

id say everyone should at least try the demo for hydrophobia.. i really enjoyed the game, until the ending. then i was kinda pissed off lol.
ending spoiler below
iirc (been a while since i played it) your playing, expecting more, and then BAM big ass wave of water wipes you out..... the end. i mean wtf is that? lol
still, at $5 its worth it imo

Im hoping they put CoD classic on sale. It's the only CoD game I don't have. I've almost bought it a few times, but I had faith they would put it on sale sometime. I'm also hoping it's not going to be a lame discount to like 1000 points, 800 points would be a definate buy for me.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']id say everyone should at least try the demo for hydrophobia.. i really enjoyed the game, until the ending. then i was kinda pissed off lol.
still, at $5 its worth it imo[/QUOTE]

I tried the demo. I gave it a nice lengthy run through, but the controls were too clunky and annoyed the crap out of me. I definitely recommend trying the demo before jumping into it.

Just got my 1600 MSP card from the TRU sale, so going to pick up both Bulletstorm DLCs ($5 for each, ain't too shabby). Debating on what else to get with the other 800, looking at Minerva's Den next week, choosing between Gatling Gears and Hydrophobia. From what I'm reading, it seems like Gatling Gears is the more popular choice, but since everyone is insisting on trying the demos, I suppose that's what I'm doing tonight.

Hoping 1600 MSP will be enough for the goodies in the Activision sale, and that it'll be OTHER stuff instead of solely CoD.

[quote name='Rabidmuskrat']I tried the demo. I gave it a nice lengthy run through, but the controls were too clunky and annoyed the crap out of me. I definitely recommend trying the demo before jumping into it.[/QUOTE]
The controls are not it's best feature; it was even worst before the latest patch.

But for 400 points, Hyrdophobia is a decent purchase.

It looks good, and you can't go wrong with the characters Irish/Jamaican accent!

Hydrophobia got a free major update in December 2010, by the way. Apparently makes it suck a lot less, for those of you just going by the initial reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back