XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Holding out hope that all the major content for Fallout: New Vegas gets halved. Seeing the trend of price drops its apparent that there's little chance DLC will be a part of this though.

Now that there is a One Day Offers tab, it seems that the 4 games we knew about are the only ones. Your Shape Fitness Evolved DLC is added from 560 to 160 MSP.

[quote name='Jaypx85']Now that there is a One Day Offers tab, it seems that the 4 games we knew about are the only ones. Your Shape Fitness Evolved DLC is added from 560 to 160 MSP.[/QUOTE]

That's a shame. I might get Path of Go, but ehhh.

Holy crap tho Torchlight for 400 MSP. Thats very tempting.

Would be nice to see Beyond Good and Evil and Pinball FX2 go on sale one of these days.

[quote name='reddjoey']Ok, going to make a "likely candidates" for 1 day Sale list. Basically list things as they would appear in OP so I can cut and paste

XBLA:
-Hydrophobia - 240 Microsoft Points - 70% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic
-The Path of Go - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic
-Torchlight - 400 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

DLC:

Games on Demand:
Crysis 2 - 3200 Microsoft Points ($39.99) - 33% off - Metacritic - Quick Look

Themes & Gamerpics:

Indie Games:[/QUOTE]

Tab is up on the Extreeme shopping sale on the xbox, didn't see the Game on Demand, but your XBLA games are correct with one omissions there is also a "Your Shape Fitness Evolved, New Year New You" on sale for 160 from 560

I'll agree with the poster a few pages back where the only thing this sale does is make me wish I had waited on Torchlight (bought it on sale for 800). While I have enjoyed what I've played so far, that's...not a lot, and I would have rather waited.

Was hoping for BG&E. I really liked the game and am hoping for a sequel, so really, I probably should have "supported the dev" by buying it at full price, but at this point I feel like, with my luck, the moment I pull the trigger it'll go on sale.

Torchlight is a steal for 400 points. I bought it for 800 way back when and really enjoyed it. My only complaint is that it does not have co-op/online co-op. It's still a great game without it.

Hydrophobia is tempting but I think I'm gonna pick up Outland instead. Do they plan on doing a one day offer every friday or is it too early to say?

Wow...terrible 1-day sale (with the exception of Torchlight) All this hype and nothin but garbage. I'd rather not piss away 200 points on the "Path of Go" Game got terrible reviews. Save the space bucks!

[quote name='Leenk']Torchlight is a steal for 400 points. I bought it for 800 way back when and really enjoyed it. My only complaint is that it does not have co-op/online co-op. It's still a great game without it.

Hydrophobia is tempting but I think I'm gonna pick up Outland instead. Do they plan on doing a one day offer every friday or is it too early to say?[/QUOTE]

I'll stick my neck out and say no, there won't be =P

Not too bad...Now let's see what their end of fall season deals are..then black friday and christmas deals!! Not too bad as we have good games to keep us busy within!

Double dipped on Torchlight. Bought it previously for Steam for $10, but honestly, I'd rather play it with the controller on XBL. Still frustrates me they didn't patch the PC version for controller support.

Torchlight is worth it alone for this sale to be great.
The path of Go is scored low because too many people are too stupid to understand it.

Honestly people complaining need to STFU

I enjoyed what I did play of Hydrophobia, but it's supposed to be the beginning of a larger series and sort of ends... abruptly (per others, never finished it).

Path of Go, I own and enjoyed.

Sad that I didn't play Torchlight after buying it when it was on sale before--- and here I am seeing it on sale again.

As a FYI, the Bollywood/New Year Stuff has been on sale before (meaning Path of Go is the only new sale item). Glad I checked as I have the Bollywood DL'd and the New Year (think they were 80/each at the time). Only Bollywood has achievements, so it must have been super cheap for me to buy the New Year one.

Edit: Nope, Bollywood was on sale for 200 points the week of 4/19/2011. So 160 for the pack is a drop in price from the last sale. Serious Sam: TSE was 600 last November (11/23/2010). Hydrophobia has been as low as 400 before (might have dropped again since) and was first on sale week of 2/1/2011. No clue about the NY,NY stuff but I imagine it was given away because it is not in my paid download history.

Torchlight is great. I'll admit it took me two tries to get into it, but then I really enjoyed it. I need to get back to it - got distracted with other stuff - but I played quite a bit and it was worth the 800 points I paid for it for sure. Definitely worth 400 if you like this type of game.

Well, I'm disappointed there wasn't more to tempt me. Already have Torchlight on Steam.

But hey, I have plenty to play while I wait for another good sale.

I'm glad the only one-day item I don't have is Path of Go, because I'll already be spending too much on the regular sale items. But I can't help being upset that I bought Torchlight, SS:SE, and Hydrophobia all at about double their current prices and really haven't touched them at all. I hate missing out when something does go on sale... y'know?

[quote name='MrNEWZ'] No clue about the NY,NY stuff but I imagine it was given away because it is not in my paid download history.[/QUOTE]

Is there a way of seeing just your paid download history? I bought the gears xbox, but I have to wait until november to do the license tranfer, but I remember last year when I did it, it took over four hours to go through my entire list of items and to sort out just the paid items from the hundreds of free gamer pics and themes I used to download. Just having a list of all paid content would be great.

I loved Torchlight on the PC, and played the hell out of it. My logic is winning out though, as I just can't see myself playing it all over again on 360.

Fantastic deal though if you've never played it

I bought Torchlight last night and it has been a while since I played a game like it. I have always been a fan of Diablo and BG and this game does dungeon crawling right. I played for about an hour and a half last night and with how fickle I can be with games that is pretty damn good. It is def. a steal for 400 points.

[quote name='mistermoravec']Is there a way of seeing just your paid download history? I bought the gears xbox, but I have to wait until november to do the license tranfer, but I remember last year when I did it, it took over four hours to go through my entire list of items and to sort out just the paid items from the hundreds of free gamer pics and themes I used to download. Just having a list of all paid content would be great.[/QUOTE]

https://billing.microsoft.com is what I was using to verify what I paid for Bollywood. Then go to POINTS activity. Only items with points involved are shown.

The list only goes back 12 full months.

i bought torchlight twice, once on the PC when it went on sale and once for XBLA. 400 is an awesome deal if you like games like this...wish Crimson Alliance would drop to 400.

I realize that some of these things have already been on sale before, but for those of us who waited, definitely some good deals to be had. Bought Hydrophobia and Torchlight on a whim, but for $8, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth.

[quote name='100xp']i bought torchlight twice, once on the PC when it went on sale and once for XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Got it for $5 on a Steam sale and got it for 400 points ($4 with what I paid for Microsoft points) here on XBLA.

FYI, one of the nice things about the PC version is that it has very low graphics requirements, you can even play it on a netbook.

After what an awesome amount of stuff went on sale for this week the one day sale is a huge disappointment. Only thing worth any time is Serious Sam which I picked up last time it was on sale.

[quote name='thenutman69321']After what an awesome amount of stuff went on sale for this week the one day sale is a huge disappointment. Only thing worth any time is Serious Sam which I picked up last time it was on sale.[/QUOTE]
Torchlight

[quote name='blitztwn36']Hyrdophobia - yea or nea? It looks like it got reworked after release so the reviews don't do it full justice...[/QUOTE]
Yea. It's fun, but my backlog has been preventing me from finishing it. 240 points is an easy choice.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Hyrdophobia - yea or nea? It looks like it got reworked after release so the reviews don't do it full justice...[/QUOTE]

For 240 points, no doubt. It's a fun game, but nothing remarkable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back