XBLA - Sonic CD - 400 Points - Now Available!

I will be buying this day one I even owned the original sega cd version back in the day, also I prefer the US soundtrack to the Japanese one.

In the dashboard there isnt a link to download the game yet, but you can add it to your queue through xbox.com.

Not sure how typical this type of thing is, but hopefully its not a new trend with this updated dashboard.

I got the demo. Love the personalized menu system as well. Lots of interesting options in there as well:

- US/JP Music (doesn't seem to affect the Intro video)
- Choice of Filter
- Choice of Spin-Dash (Sonic CD or Sonic 2)

It doesn't seem like there's a 'load state' feature, either. I liked th

Also, the game seems to be native 16:9. I don't know how he managed that, but oh well.

So I just picked up an actual Sega CD recently... Would I be better or playing this in the original format or getting the XBLA port? I already know it'd be cheaper going with the latter.

[quote name='looploop']So I just picked up an actual Sega CD recently... Would I be better or playing this in the original format or getting the XBLA port? I already know it'd be cheaper going with the latter.[/QUOTE]

The XBLA game has tons of improvements, including proper widescreen support, visual filter, US and Japanese soundtracks, the ability to unlock Tails as a playable character, the option of using the Sonic 2 spindash, and Achievements. Also the music loops properly and load times are quicker. Come on now, you really have to ask?

Sigh... My girlfriend locked up both of my 360s in a cabinet to keep my son from playing them (don't ask), and I can't ask her for the combination because she's at work. But I'm playing it tonight!

[quote name='eastx']The XBLA game has tons of improvements, including proper widescreen support, visual filter, US and Japanese soundtracks, the ability to unlock Tails as a playable character, the option of using the Sonic 2 spindash, and Achievements. Also the music loops properly and load times are quicker. Come on now, you really have to ask?[/QUOTE]

QFT. This is a great value. I bought it even though i have sonic gems collection.

Never got around to finishing Sonic CD with Gems Collection but with all the updates and achievements I'm finally going to now :p And 500pts for the game, damn thats a good deal!

I find it odd that he wanted to put in a cut level. I'm glad Sega told him no. While it would've been nice, it would've been a completely different game at that point.

They should have included the cut level as a bonus, not part of the main game. Something you could unlock and then play for fun. That would have been cool.

I ended up buying this for iOS. I haven't decided if I'm going to double-dip or not. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not really sure I need to play it on two platforms. Seems better as a portable game to me, even if the virtual d-pad isn't as good as a real one (but actually it works surprisingly well). Then again, it's only $5 on XBLA, so probably I'll get it. :)

Bought it yesterday and finally started playing today. I had no idea what was going on in this game for like 5 levels. Then I realized speed controlled when you teleported and that water is bad in the special stages. Having said that, fuck the collision detection on those UFOs.

Way bigger levels than 1, 2, and 3. I think it's going to take me a couple play throughs to find all of the robot transporters/Metal Sonics in the past.

One thing really bothers me about this version of Sonic CD. They increased the amount of time required to send Sonic into the past/future. It really messes with the game.

FYI this is on PS3 for the same price this week in case you like that controller better (D-pad). I'm going to have all of the Sonics (minus Adventure 1) on PS3 now with their sales this week.

Time attack mode was a pain but finally 200/200 this one. I'm sure I'll go back to it again and beat it again. Great game.

Hah, good times when this game came out. I played it once back in the day, but didn't really complete it. I was way more into the other Sonics on the Genesis. Now, this is a fantastic deal for XBOX Live, whether you're a Sonic fan, Sega fan, platformer fan, or just a fan of good games.

bread's done
Back