XBLA - 'Splosion Man - 800 points - 7/21/11: Free Epilogue DLC Released

I take it they still have yet to be added to the game? Also how do you get Master of Controls, Only Gandhi Would Be Proud (I'm guessing you don't kill the scientists), Lay Off the Caffeine (I'm guessing you just put a controller in port 2) and Eventual Destruction of a Galaxy?

[quote name='sendme']I take it they still have yet to be added to the game? Also how do you get Master of Controls, Only Gandhi Would Be Proud (I'm guessing you don't kill the scientists), Lay Off the Caffeine (I'm guessing you just put a controller in port 2) and Eventual Destruction of a Galaxy?[/QUOTE]

1.change your controls in the menu

2. yep 1-1 is the easiest

3. i did that on the 1st boss

4. find the maw i forget which level but i kno hes in the 3rd world

[quote name='Nelo Ice']1.change your controls in the menu

2. yep 1-1 is the easiest

3. i did that on the 1st boss

4. find the maw i forget which level but i kno hes in the 3rd world[/QUOTE]

I'd argue that level 2-8 is easier for the Gandhi achievement. As for the Maw, he's in one of the last levels of the game.

The Maw is in the last level before the final boss. For the 300 splodes achievement, you could just sit there and splodes over and over again until it unlocks if you just want the achievement.

Twisted Pixel will be announcing their next game at PAX, so keep an eye out for that since they'll be showing it off in their booth for those attending the show.

Would kill for a maw plush, help a fellow CAG in need please:pray::pray:

Beat the game the other day, liked it but the ending was random. Dont know what the thing about the trophy and signed poster is but ill give it a shot this weekend.

[quote name='yukafls']
Beat the game the other day, liked it but the ending was random. [/QUOTE]

I have to agree with Zero Punctuation on this one. The ending was funny but it felt very forced, like they were trying to out-'Portal' - Portal.

I'm still stuck on 1-5 I think it is. It is the first one with the water that comes up as you move througout the stage. I get I think almost to the end and the water is to high for me to get to the end.

I just need all the Multi Player cakes and I will 200 this game. But yet, I'll still come back to play it cause it is such an addicting game.

The patch is also supposed to fix online issues, so it might solve the lag issues that people had.

Edit: There's also a contest that you can register for by downloading a gamerpic and playing online:

Ever wonder how those filets that come bursting out of Splosion Man scientists taste? Now you can find out! Twisted Pixel and Omaha Steaks have teamed up in order to deliver hundreds of top-quality steak filets to players. Register by downloading the special Splosion Man gamerpic on the Dashboard or on Xbox.com, and then receive one entry each time (up to 5 times) Splosion Man is played in an online multiplayer session before November 22nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Nelo Ice']avatar rewards are up!
u get 1 shirt for beating the single player and another shirt for beating the co op campaign[/QUOTE]

You get one for breaking a pane of glass and another for the co-op campaign.

Word is you can you beat the last level on co-op only and open it. I'll verify later on when I can co-op

[quote name='sendme']I'm still stuck on 1-5 I think it is. It is the first one with the water that comes up as you move througout the stage. I get I think almost to the end and the water is to high for me to get to the end.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, got stuck here for a while as well but work on your timing it is doable.

The game can get pretty aggravating but then they allow you to skip a level if you have multiple deaths and get a 9999999 for time. More games need this feature as without it, it would be a dealbreaker..

[quote name='utopianmachine']Finally got Splosion Man after getting those two 1600 point cards for $20 from Target.

Now, I'm happy. :D[/QUOTE]

enlighten me on the point card deal.

[quote name='sendme']I'm still stuck on 1-5 I think it is. It is the first one with the water that comes up as you move througout the stage. I get I think almost to the end and the water is to high for me to get to the end.[/QUOTE]

My fiance couldn't figure out that one either. I just got the game, and I guess I'll be trying it soon, as it's such an early level.

[quote name='BREVITY']Thanks for the heads up. My son and I have been waiting for this price drop.[/QUOTE]

You sure your son was waiting on a price drop? Or was he just waiting on your cheapass to buy it at any price? :D

[quote name='Corvin']You sure your son was waiting on a price drop? Or was he just waiting on your cheapass to buy it at any price? :D[/QUOTE]

LMAO! .. 7am while knocking down a beer was not the right time to read this!

is this game as good as everyone makes it seem? the demo didnt seem that great and I'm trying to figure out if I should get this while it's on sale.

[quote name='matto1233']is this game as good as everyone makes it seem? the demo didnt seem that great and I'm trying to figure out if I should get this while it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

the demo shows what the gameplay is like. but the game gets brutally difficult imo. is it a good game? imo yes.. is it worth $5 yes imo.. as good as people say? imo no. but it is fun. i bought it day 1 and liked it enough for 10 bucks

Yeah, the game goes overboard with the difficulty A LOT, especially on the Robot Runs. I DESPISE the damn robot runs.

[quote name='matto1233']is this game as good as everyone makes it seem? the demo didnt seem that great and I'm trying to figure out if I should get this while it's on sale.[/QUOTE]

It is great IMHO, but I'm part of the NES 2D generation. If you enjoy 2D Platformers like Super Mario Bros. and Sonic then you will enjoy this. If you didn't enjoy the demo you probably won't enjoy the full game.

[quote name='KingBroly']Yeah, the game goes overboard with the difficulty A LOT, especially on the Robot Runs. I DESPISE the damn robot runs.[/QUOTE]
Not really. There were maybe three sequences (bomb jump sequence as the spike floor rises, a puzzle involving rockets, laser, and the donut man, and one of the robot chase sequences) that required more than a few tries. Otherwise, it has a good difficulty curve that made it a good challenge to get through. Hardcore mode on the other hand, I'll never get through that.

[quote name='jputahraptor']When do these weekly deals expire? Today or tommorow.[/QUOTE]

DoTW ends on Monday normally around 9-10am EST.

My son and I played this tonight. Good for a few laughs but seemed repetitive and the jumping didn't seem to always work right ie sometimes only 2 jumps versus three.

This game is great in small bits but I don't see myself playing this for more than 30 minutes at a time. For $5 bucks it seems like a solid investment.

I played this for a few hours the other day, having picked it up on sale. So far I have to say that I'm underwhelmed. It's OK. That's about it. It's sometimes frustrating and so far never really all that fun. There really isn't that much to it. For 400 points it's an OK buy. At 800 I would have been pretty disappointed.

Is there a way to play old levels in the multiplayer part, I can do it in the single player mode but I finished a level and forgot about the cake, anyway to go back?

I just want to say that the first boss battle is way hard. I died so many times and got so frustrated. Only when I figured out the cheap tactic
(staying to the far side of the screen)
that would usually keep you alive was I able to get past the boss.

[quote name='jputahraptor']Is there a way to play old levels in the multiplayer part, I can do it in the single player mode but I finished a level and forgot about the cake, anyway to go back?[/QUOTE]

You can replay levels you've already beaten in single-player and multi-player. I believe it's the time trials option. Not sure what it's called in multi-player, but you can definitely replay stages.

I just finished this game this morning, and I couldn't help but wonder something. Now, perhaps I'm just awful at this game, but did anybody else think the boss battles were easier than some of the actual stages?

[quote name='utopianmachine']I just want to say that the first boss battle is way hard. I died so many times and got so frustrated. Only when I figured out the cheap tactic
(staying to the far side of the screen)
that would usually keep you alive was I able to get past the boss.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had a hard time with the first boss always dying when I tried to jump onto the hovering platforms.:bomb:

bread's done
Back