XBLA - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time - Now 800pts :whee: - 8/5

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Everyone's favorite Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ game is back with a brand new look in Turtles in Time Re-Shelled for Xbox LIVE® Arcade. The arcade classic has been revamped with all new 3-D graphics, but with the same classic beat-'em-up gameplay. Take on the Foot and bosses alone or in a team of four. Cowabunga, dudes!

• New graphics, classic gameplay: The game has upgraded 3-D graphics, but still features the same side-scrolling beat-'em-up gameplay we all love.
  • Multiplayer: Play the four-player co-op and survival modes available online and locally.
  • Cowabunga, dudes!: It's the Turtles back in one of their all-time classic arcade games, now playable on Xbox 360®.

tmnttinxbla.jpg
tmnttinxbla2.jpg

• The game is set up and directly taken from TMNT Turtles in Time.
  • Right now it's only going to be for Xbox Live, but they're working on bringing it to Wii (Virtual Console?).
  • It has the same music as the old game.
  • Only the levels "Alleycat Blues" and "Skull and Crossbones" were playable.
  • The only difference noticed was the bosses for the "Skull and Crossbones" is Tokka and Rahzar (unlike the original, which had Bebop and Rocksteady).
  • For Alleycat Blues the boss is still Metalhead.
  • The game is basically Turtles in Time with new graphics - Awesome!
Source: http://www.gamerbytes.com/2009/05/tmnt_turtles_in_time_remake_fo.php via:
http://ninja-pizza.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-turtles-in-time-game.html

Excellent news...day one for me for sure! I like the new look as well, just hope that they add a bit more detail/texture to the turtles and enemies.

Last edited by a moderator:
I STILL to this day, play Turtles in Time on the SNES. So this is a DAY ONE buy for me for sure. Also is that suppose to be April O'Niel in the first picture?

this is what i been hoping.. now give us X-men the arcade game along w/ Simpson & street Fighter III HD remixes..

and I'll have all he game I ever wanted to be on marketplace.

[quote name='Spoon_si']this is what i been hoping.. now give us X-men the arcade game along w/ Simpson & street Fighter III HD remixes..

and I'll have all he game I ever wanted to be on marketplace.[/quote]

YES! I would also Love WWF Wrestlefest. :D lol. THEN I would be content. Except for the Street Fighter game though.

I probably still woulda bought this even if they hadn't upgraded the graphics. Though I know I'll play this a couple times and get bored of it like the other, but its too fun!

Oh my god, the turtles in time game on XBL is awesome enough, but if we get the xmen game the simpsons game, the spiderman game, and the captain america game, it would be AWESOME

I still pop in TMNT 4 from time to time. I'll be buying this day one.

Is there any word on if this is an update to the SNES or arcade version?

Man I must've played that game 7,000 fucking times on the SNES with my brother. I'll definitely get this one, I just hope they make it 800 points...

I about shit my pants when I saw this. Turtles in Time is my favorite beat'em up of all-time. Now if we could only get The Simpsons, X-Men, and Wrestlefest I would LITERALLY shit my pants. :lol:

Why does no one want the Avengers arcade game? The console game sucked but the arcade game rocked!! And the spiderman game was the last of the beat em ups, and because of that the graphics were very well done, and the battle system was very refined.

Dude this is going to be awesome. I still wish they would of kepy Bebop and Rocksteady though, I remember ALWAYS playing with those action figures when I was younger.

The X-Men, Spider-Man, Simpsons and Avengers arcade games were all in this same style and they were all awesome.

[quote name='Pylis']I still pop in TMNT 4 from time to time. I'll be buying this day one.

Is there any word on if this is an update to the SNES or arcade version?[/QUOTE]

It seems like the Arcade build right now, the bosses in the level "Skull and Crossbones" are Tokka and Rahzar, not Bebop and Rocksteady (who were in the home version only). This may mean no Rat King level and no Technodrome level as well.

I hope they put in original sprites and a remix option...

playmates40_M.jpg

Not as cool as the 6 person dual screen X-Men arcade, but not too shabby either.

[quote name='cgarb84']I about shit my pants when I saw this. Turtles in Time is my favorite beat'em up of all-time. Now if we could only get The Simpsons, X-Men, and Wrestlefest I would LITERALLY shit my pants. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I think we CAG's may have to hold you to this one :) . So we all understand the above statement:

cgarb84 has stated that IF The Simpsons, X-Men, and Wrestlefest are released for home consoles and/or xbox live arcade he will shit his pants.

Is that how you guys read this too?

[quote name='soccerstud652']It seems like the Arcade build right now, the bosses in the level "Skull and Crossbones" are Tokka and Rahzar, not Bebop and Rocksteady (who were in the home version only). This may mean no Rat King level and no Technodrome level as well.

I hope they put in original sprites and a remix option...
[/QUOTE]

Man, I'd be bummed if the technodrome level doesn't make it into this.

And as much as I'd love to see the original sprites, the video makes it look like the gameplay has changed enough that it probably wouldn't work unless they included the arcade original along with the updated version.

graphics look intense, will be a day one for me. I still play the shit out of the arcade version when I take my son to Chuck E Cheese.

A definite instant purchase for me. This was easily one of my favorite games of all-time. I agree with whoever was saying we need the Simpsons and X-Men arcade games too. Those were AMAZING.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']as long as it's not 1200pts I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I remember when Braid first came out and people were freaking out over the 5 dollar increase. Now it's practically the norm.

[quote name='kennistond']Are there a lot of differences between this one and the TMNT Arcade Game on XBLA right now?[/QUOTE]Yeah, it's a remake of the SEQUEL to that game. I mean the gameplay didn't fundementally change between games, but you got a bunch of new levels, some new attacks, and the improvements in graphics/sound/etc that you'd expect between games that came out a couple years apart. If you were a 10-year-old kid in 1992 it was the bees knees!!!! I'll never forget the first time I saw this one... it was actually in a Friendly's for some reason.

[quote name='Dijital']I think we CAG's may have to hold you to this one :) . So we all understand the above statement:

cgarb84 has stated that IF The Simpsons, X-Men, and Wrestlefest are released for home consoles and/or xbox live arcade he will shit his pants.

Is that how you guys read this too?[/quote]

I will be happy to take one for the team if it means getting these games on XBLA or PSN. :D

[quote name='Gden']Oh my god, the turtles in time game on XBL is awesome enough, but if we get the xmen game the simpsons game, the spiderman game, and the captain america game, it would be AWESOME[/QUOTE]

I think I was reading that the reason those great games havent gotten rereleased is because of licensing issues and if you look at them they are some pretty big ones. So instead of classics like the xmen arcade game, you get that EA garbage. And since we are talking about classics such as these, anyone else but me want remakes/releases of Aliens or AVP?

I take it you mean the games made that are similar to these arcade games? Or closer to Final Fight? Although I probably wouldn't play them, I think it would be cool to see those on the XBLA, and I'm sure that one company owns the rights to the games I mentioned like Fox having the Simpsons, and Marvel having the spiderman game, and captain america game, I bet somebody could work something out if they wanted to.

[quote name='tankass']I think I was reading that the reason those great games havent gotten rereleased is because of licensing issues and if you look at them they are some pretty big ones. So instead of classics like the xmen arcade game, you get that EA garbage. And since we are talking about classics such as these, anyone else but me want remakes/releases of Aliens or AVP?[/QUOTE]Helllll yeah, I loved the ALIENS game... it often gets overlooked in favor of AvP, but both were great games and they actually played quite different from each other. I think Aliens was actually put out by Konami, while AvP was by Capcom. But yeah, I actually played Aliens at the same comic/video store where I discovered Street Fighter II and the first TMNT... so my memories of it are quite fond!

I too shall eternally hope for Simpsons and Xmen ports. The licensing situation looks grim, but with these Konami TMNT games actually coming out, anything can happen. Although I think a lot of us were hoping to see something done with the Simpsons game when the movie came out... oh well :whistle2:(

Eternal hope is always crushed by greed to put out new $60 games based on those licenses than old great games that would draw less money and take valuable attention from new stuff. Majoring in business allows me to see how horrible things can happen to good ideas.

[quote name='tankass']Eternal hope is always crushed by greed to put out new $60 games based on those licenses than old great games that would draw less money and take valuable attention from new stuff.[/QUOTE]They can do both though! That's what happened with the previous TMNT on XBLA... the release timing of it and the UI/menu graphics were clearly cashing in on the new TMNT movie, and the accompanying $60 retail game based on the movie. Then there's also BC:Rearmed which was partially a promotion for a new $60 retail Bionic Commando game.

In both cases I think we got a neat XBLA title BECAUSE there was a $60 game to promote.

All I can hope is they haven't changed combat like the early alpha footage showed. You don't fuck with a proven formula.

I'll pay any price for this, 800, 1200, I don't really care.

Plus this comes out on my birthday, so maybe I can get a 1600 point card from somebody. ;)

It's a maybe in my opinion (I just got TMNT, so I can wait until it's 400 points or so). The simpsons arcade I would buy on day 1 though.

bread's done
Back