XBLA - Vigilante 8 Arcade - 800pts

I used to play these games back when they were on the PS1, and it was just as entertaining as Twisted Metal but it's still a good drive and shoot game. I think I will buy it say one though, since it was really fun.

EDIT:Opps should have seen that there was a thread for this already.

Sweet, 8 players Online!!!! I really hope Free and premium extra downloadable content planned is true. Definitely a 1st day pick up.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Meh. Was always more of a Rogue Trip fan than a Vigilante 8 fan.[/QUOTE]

Me and my buddy spent many late nights playing rogue trip together. That game was so fucking good.

I had V8 on the PS1 and loved it, and I had V8 2nd on DC and loved it more. I'll jump right on this one!

Caaaaaaaaan't wait. Like many others, I played the SHIT out of this game on PS1. The second was meh, but whatev. Can't wait to destroy me some school buses.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Caaaaaaaaan't wait. Like many others, I played the SHIT out of this game on PS1. The second was meh, but whatev. Can't wait to destroy me some school buses.[/quote]

2nd was meh? At least on the DC version, 2nd had all the levels from the original in addition to all the new ones, so it was basically the original V8 with new content.

It's great that Vigilante 8 Arcade has finally been officially announced. I was worried there for awhile that it had been canceled.
This is going to be a day 1 purchase for me. The only thing I don't like is that it's only going to have 5 maps and 8 cars, though I'm sure they are going to release more as DLC.

[quote name='GF_Eric']I preferred Vigilante 8 over Twisted Metal, so this is good news.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Man, I haven't thought about this game in a looong time...

Only 5 maps? :(

I bet we'll see something like "classic map pack" or something we gotta pay extra for later.

[quote name='Dezuria']2nd was meh? At least on the DC version, 2nd had all the levels from the original in addition to all the new ones, so it was basically the original V8 with new content.[/QUOTE]

I only played it on the PS1 and felt like it was more of the same from what I remember.

I always thought of Vigilante 8 to be just a rip off port of Twisted Metal for the N64 and Dreamcast. But since everyone here loves it, I'll download the trial I suppose.

I never played this game before, either PS1 or DC. Yes, I'm a sinner.

Looks like I'll search for the DC version and give it a whirl. But I'll more than likely invest into this when it comes out.

I played the hell outta this series bak in the day , it IS so much better than twisted metal!!!! The only problem is im in iraq , so i wont b able to play this until feb 09 . . . . dammit!!!! Yea im wondering if the extra level from the N64 version is gonna make the cut???

I loved the first one so much, but never got into the second one. I don't remember now what turned me off so much, but I absolutely hated the second one at the time.

I'm definitely looking forward to this game though.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Meh. Was always more of a Rogue Trip fan than a Vigilante 8 fan.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I still have Rogue Trip, I might pop it in and see how (badly) it aged.

[quote name='Kaijufan']I was a huge Vigilante 8 fan back in the day. I really hope this is true, I would love playing it again.[/quote]

I echo this sentiment. I loved the N64 version, and am hyped for this release. Woo!

[quote name='chasemurata']I echo this sentiment. I loved the N64 version, and am hyped for this release. Woo![/quote]

Same here, it was probably my most played N64 game.

sexy. will get day 1. Now for 2nd Offense...

Wait, so this isn't 1, or 2. It's a reimagining mesh of both? Cool I guess. But damn, not only do they have my 800 pts, they also have another 320 from me:
The core game (which will cost 800 MS points) ships with eight vehicles. Four Vigilante cars: Mammoth truck (Convoy), Jefferson (John T), Piranha (Chassey Blue), GrooVan (Dave); and four Coyote cars: Manta (Sid Burn), Leprechaun (Boogie), Incarcerator bus (Molo), Stag camper pickup (Beezwax). All cars are newly redone, but the Piranha is an entirely new design, paying homage to V8's predecessor Interstate '76. We also just finalized our DLC pack (320 points), which will come with two brand new arenas and three additional cars: Strider buggy (Sheila), Towmaster tow truck (Houston), and never-before-seen Groundhog (Loki) – a post WWII, six-wheeled armored car!

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']will get day 1 as well. loved it when it initially released. only other car combat series tha was good other than twisted metal IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I actually played it before I played TM, and it killed all the joy for TM series (though I still had fun with Black). I was like, "where are the weapon combos?" I loved that V8 had almost a fighting game mechanic to it, with the special weapon inputs.

800 points...400 would have definitely been a day 1 purchase, but 800 points ($10) for something i have on the Dreamcast and PS1...we'll see.

[quote name='SynGamer']800 points...400 would have definitely been a day 1 purchase, but 800 points ($10) for something i have on the Dreamcast and PS1...we'll see.[/QUOTE]

it has online and all graphics have been redone. on top of that it supposedly is more balanced.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']it has online and all graphics have been redone. on top of that it supposedly is more balanced.[/quote]
It seems like the focus is online though. And if that dies down/grows old, i don't have much left once i complete the single player portion...that's my only concern.

I looooved this game. Maybe even more than Twisted Metal!

Hopefully this game will convince the makers of Twisted Metal to finally y'know make a full fledged ps3 Twisted Metal.

Also, ps3 version would be nice, thx.

So the game is complete and has been submitted for MS QA...now they are "putting final touches on the DLC"...this is what i hate about this generation. I have a feeling i'll pass. I can always play this on my Dreamcast when ever i want to.

bread's done
Back