XBLA - Vigilante 8 Arcade - 800pts

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)

Features

Take the wheel as fully-loaded auto combat revs into high gear with Vigilante 8: Arcade®. It's a down and dirty war on wheels where everyone's riding shotgun. This brand new remake of the classic Vigilante 8 game lets you choose from among eight tricked-out retro-fine 70s vehicles with some serious firepower. Multiple special weapons let you wreak havoc on five newly-designed and destructible arenas. Complete the single player Quest story mode or test your car-crushing skills in local and Xbox LIVE® multiplayer versus or co-op modes. Rebuilt from the ground up, V8: Arcade is modern vehicular warfare at its finest!

• Cool vehicles: Choose from eight gorgeous, highly-varied supercharged 70s vehicles, each rendered using advanced metallic shaders with more than 10,000 polygons.
  • Custom options: Play as different Vigilante 8 personas, choose the color of your car, and trick out your vehicle with special weapons.
  • Weapons: Use six standard weapon pick-ups with three advanced attacks each. Try both the "classic" (combo) and "casual" (charge-up) input methods.
  • Battle arenas: Experience five newly designed, highly interactive arenas, using Bezier patch technology for maximum surface smoothness. Discover collectible power-ups, salvage points, and artifacts, and thrill to the spectacular destructive and pyrotechnic effects.
  • Single and multiplayer: Play the single player modes against sophisticated bot A.I., including the Quest story mode, or play with friends in local split-screen modes with up to four players, and online multiplayer with up to eight players in a variety of versus and co-op configuration possibilities.
  • Extras: Leaderboards, achievements, extra downloadable content, and more are available for the game!

Achievements:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/vigilante-8-arcade/achievements/

Taken from the official website: http://v8arcade.com/

Santa Monica, CA – February, 14 2008 – Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI) announced today the next installment in the classic vehicular-combat franchise Vigilante 8®, Vigilante 8: Arcade for Xbox LIVE Arcade. Licensed and developed by Isopod Labs, Vigilante 8: Arcade is an all new remake of the original game, featuring online play with up to eight players and a host of new content, taking full advantage of next-generation technologies.
The title is scheduled for release via download on Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 this spring and has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
For more information and exclusive updates on Vigilante 8: Arcade, please visit www.v8arcade.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
Online MP = Count me in

I would be very happy if they just left out single player and just had online muti. That is, if they had all the levels/cars from both games available.

[quote name='benjamouth']Sweet, I loved Vigilante 8, although I can't remember what machine I had it on, must have been the PS1 or Dreamcast I guess.[/quote]

PS1. I played the shit out of it. I may have to dust it off and get some play time in before the 360 release. Mmmmm...Sky Hammer mortar...

Man if this is true than that is one purchase I can expect to make this summer. I played V8 on the N64 for so long. Online multi would simply be sweet.

Vigilante 8 was one of the greatest games evar

The Las Vegas map where you can ride in the blimp and the australian Bad Ass dude that drove the purple flame car

Not trying to be a dick but how about some old quality PC stuff? I'd like to get "King's Quest V" on XBLA for crying out loud.

"Flashback" and "Chaos Control" would also be quite welcome.

And for board and quiz games how about "Trivial Pursuit", "Jeopardy" and "Monopoly"? Actually scratch "Jeopardy" unless someone gets the rights from Sony. X-(

I haven't played a Twisted Metal game in a LONG time. Never been a big fan of them, either. But I'm looking forward to this. Please be 800 points or prefferably less.

Oh, man. I used to play the shit out of Vigilante 8, back in Nintendo 64 times.

Vigilante 8 was the shit. It was the only PS1 game I had, where you could take out the disc, put in your own CD and blow shit up while listening to your own tunes. Custom soundtracks humble beginings. I'd love to see this come to fruition.

Man, I was just thinking about the commerical for this game a few days ago. You know, the one where the little girl sees the bus blown up and says "Holy Shit!". Funny stuff.

Im a sucker for car combat games..so I would definitely pick this up. Anyone ever play Rogue Trip (ps1)? That game was an awesome car combat game, one of my favorites.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']More original games, fewer PS1 ports, please.[/quote] Hopefully they'll port the N64 version, it had better graphics and an extra level . ;)

This I'll buy.
I hated Novadrome which was suppost to be something like this.

holy shit, i just reilized i never played a car combat game online...

(I've only played a single player demo of novadrome, and am trying to forget it)

Also, I say these kind of ports are a good thing, since they are quicker to produce and make much better filler for original XBLA games than, oh, let's say... everything Midway has put on the marketplace (except... maybe UMK3)

This would be the largest XBLA title yet, right? (Or is Alien Hominid bigger?) That alone makes me interested in this possibility.

2nd Offense was one of my favorite DC games. I played the shit outta it and maxed out everything for all the characters. Live play would be AMAZING!

I much prefered the skill based weapons (with the almost fighting game like mechanics for special attacks) to the style of play in Twisted Metal games.

PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE (and turn out to be 2nd Offense!)

Vigilante 8 has great on the dreamcast. Any old carbattle game would be great on XBL with online multilayer - Carmageddon 2, V8, Interstate 76 would be really sweet.

I think my favorite level was the ski slopes. You could get into the sky lift and ride down to the bottom of the mountain. The level with the oil tanks was fun, too.

[quote name='deadite76']I remember playing this between matches of Goldeneye and Smah Brothers![/QUOTE]

Same here, good times.

800 or less MS points and I am there.

Link

V8: Arcade is a remake of the classic V8 series of vehicular shooters by Luxoflux/Activision from the late 1990s: Vigilante 8 for PS1/N64 (1998) and Vigilante 8: Second Offense for PS1/N64/Dreamcast (1999).

V8: Arcade is a brand new re-imagining of the original themes and gameplay, engineered from the ground up for today’s hardware by the original founders of Luxoflux and V8 developers. Could things get any better?Absolutely, because quite soon, the magic of V8 car-combat will be available to millions of Xbox Live Arcade users via digital download, presented in cutting edge audio-visual splendor, and… at quite an affordable price, too!

In addition to local split-screen mode, multiple players will be able take their car-crushing skills online, competing and/or teaming up with other V8 players the world over!

Players will rediscover the joys of weapon-based off-road car mayhem by savoring the following features, currently being cooked up at the ‘labs’:

* Five newly designed, highly interactive arenas, using Bezier patch technology for maximum surface smoothness!
* Eight gorgeous, highly varied ‘70s vehicles, rendered using advanced metallic shaders at 10,000+ polygons each
* Classic V8 character personas and unique special weapons
* Six standard weapon pick-ups with three advanced attacks each, featuring both ‘classic’ (combo) and ‘casual’ (charge-up) input methods
* Multiple collectible power-ups and ‘salvage points’
* User-customizable car paint color
* Advanced car physics for hyper-semi-realism and ultra high replay value — easy to pick up, difficult to master!
* Spectacular pyrotechnic, destruction effects, and physics-driven interactive hazards
* Single player modes against advanced bot AI
* Local split-screen modes up to four players
* Online multiplayer with up to eight human players
* Voice and (hopefully) camera support
* Leaderboards, achievements, unlockable secrets, and more!
* Free and premium extra downloadable content planned...

The game is currently slated for April 2008 release.

Screens:

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

All I can say is YES, 1st day buy

bread's done
Back