XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

i'm still amazes that $99 is a price we must struggle to find.
over-inflated msrp of $149, where even amazon sells for $159.

considering xbl keeps adding more download material, you'd think Microsoft would reduce the rip-off retail price.

Couldn't find one at the CCs in decent driving distance. Such a shame, as I really need the extra space. Anyone know of any other good deals on the 120GB HDD?

[quote name='Bravelionheart']Couldn't find one at the CCs in decent driving distance. Such a shame, as I really need the extra space. Anyone know of any other good deals on the 120GB HDD?[/quote]

If you search around on-line, you can find them for about $100. Still too expensive though. Whatever you do, try to get it for under $100. Anything more than that and you'll really get bent over...

Just so you guys know, I had a Best Buy here in SoCal pricematch the 120GB no problem. It just took 5 minutes waiting in the customer service line. They'll just call the local Circuit City to confirm the price.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']Just so you guys know, I had a Best Buy here in SoCal pricematch the 120GB no problem. It just took 5 minutes waiting in the customer service line. They'll just call the local Circuit City to confirm the price.[/quote]

But wouldn't that require Circuit City to have the HD in stock in order to price match at BB?

[quote name='Interstella 5555']
But wouldn't that require Circuit City to have the HD in stock in order to price match at BB?
[/quote]

It depends on the clerk working customer service. Sometimes they don't bother calling, but I do think the official policy is to call and confirm price and availability.

[quote name='Interstella 5555']
[/quote]Under the letter of the law, yes. However.....

[quote name='andjuan']It depends on the clerk working customer service. Sometimes they don't bother calling, but I do think the official policy is to call and confirm price and availability.[/quote].... this is normally how it works.

how are u guys getting it for 79.99 ? Might as well check the Maryland Parkway store tomorrow afternoon. I know 8days ago they had 5 of them.

How are people handling buying the 120GB HDD?

Are you just buying the Arcade system (which likely is a Jasper), then adding the hard drive to make a good deal of it?

I'm debating if I should cancel my 360 Elite order and try to go about things the way I just mentioned.

Or is it not worth it to lose the HDMI cable that the Elite has?

Any thoughts? :D

I thought all the 360's now have HDMI. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Just reread read your post. Do u mean the HDMI port or the just the cable itself? If it's just the cable get some at monoprice for cheap.

[quote name='naiku']how are u guys getting it for 79.99 ? Might as well check the Maryland Parkway store tomorrow afternoon. I know 8days ago they had 5 of them.[/quote]

i went there the day after you posted they had 5 and they didnt have any. They had 3 60gb and 1 20gb. I had them check stock and it said there was one and the north LV store had two in stock but no one could find them

[quote name='Telemakhos']How are people handling buying the 120GB HDD?

Are you just buying the Arcade system (which likely is a Jasper), then adding the hard drive to make a good deal of it?

I'm debating if I should cancel my 360 Elite order and try to go about things the way I just mentioned.

Or is it not worth it to lose the HDMI cable that the Elite has?

Any thoughts? :D[/QUOTE]

HDMI cable is standard. Can even use the same one from your PS3 (if you have one of those). Seen em around for ~$10, or get one at monoprice.

I went to CC today and all they had were 60GB HDDs. I asked the clerk to check and she laughed because everyone had already asked her to check all the other stores through her computer.

According to her, no other CC store in the Denver area has the 120 GB HDD any longer.

No prob. I'll just stick with my Elite after all.

[quote name='GioSH']Does anyone know if this sale price is still valid?[/QUOTE]

It's not a sale, it's a clearance. This price is valid til they're all gone, which for most people already happened.. if you are very, VERY lucky, and know an out-of-the-way, but not closing, CC you may be able to get it (closing stores do not honor clearance prices).

[quote name='GioSH']Ok... Does Circuit City open on Christmas?[/quote]

No. There are barely any stores open on Xmas. The only ones that deal with games that I can think of off hand are Blockbuster/Game Rush and 711. Everything else is going to be closed.

[quote name='Justin42'](closing stores do not honor clearance prices).[/quote]

I think that is a YMMV because I got LoZ:TP for GC at like $10.xx. At the time it was 40% off the clearance price of $16.96. I also got HttC 360 for $5.xx, both were supposed to be a lot more. I would definitely get something scanned just in case.

[quote name='robbart914']HDMI cable is standard. Can even use the same one from your PS3 (if you have one of those). Seen em around for ~$10, or get one at monoprice.[/QUOTE]

Not completely true. The Xbox 360 can't get surround sound without the Microsoft HDMI cable unless you have a receiver that supports HDMI in.

Retarded, but there you are.

[quote name='SackAttack']Not completely true. The Xbox 360 can't get surround sound without the Microsoft HDMI cable unless you have a receiver that supports HDMI in.

Retarded, but there you are.[/quote]

Well, that's not really true either.

You can use the standard optical out, but you'll need to break open the grey plastic part of the component plug that plugs into your 360.

You'll have both your component cable and the hdmi cable plugged into the 360 (but the red, green, blue video cable won't be plugged into anything or the red and white audio cable)

[quote name='detnap']Well, that's not really true either.

You can use the standard optical out, but you'll need to break open the grey plastic part of the component plug that plugs into your 360.

You'll have both your component cable and the hdmi cable plugged into the 360 (but the red, green, blue video cable won't be plugged into anything or the red and white audio cable)[/QUOTE]
so...i could use the cable to my receiver and my receiver to my tv????

I don't know shit about cables

There are none left in my area. I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just use some of my Best Buy giftcards to soften the blow. I literally have no space on my 20gb hard drive and have had to delete stuff to make room for my Rock Band track packs.

[quote name='asicsnow']HDMI by default doesnt carry surround sound. It only has the bandwidth for 2.1 or so i was led to believe.[/QUOTE]

HDMI does indeed carry surround sound-- it's optical that has issues. Optical connections only have the bandwidth for stereo PCM or compressed surround (DTS/Dolby Digital). HDMI was designed to carry surround sound in all of its various formats (LPCM 5.1, DTS-HD, TrueHD, etc, etc)

[quote name='Justin42'] HDMI version 1.3 was designed to carry surround sound in all of its various formats (LPCM 5.1, DTS-HD, TrueHD, etc, etc)[/QUOTE]

Fixed

Hey guys,

Is there any ad or physical image I could print off showing that CC has dropped the price to $99? I went to Best Buy earlier today and the representative said they couldn't honor the deal because they could find no official mention of it online (the CC website still has the 60 gig for $99 even) and, because of how busy they were, were too busy to call CC to confirm it.

it actually dropped from $99 to $79 at CC, at least it did last time i checked, and good luck trying to get ANYONE to match that...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']it actually dropped from $99 to $79 at CC, at least it did last time i checked, and good luck trying to get ANYONE to match that...[/quote]

Yeah, it'd be worth a shot though. The lady at the BB seemed to legitimately try and find an official mention of the price somewhere, but it's just posted. I'd really like to pick up an Arcade + 120 gig HD as opposed to the Pro.

[quote name='Doomtime']Any chance you can use a scanned receipt?[/quote]

Anyone know the answer to this? I'd guess it wouldn't be acceptable, but you never know...

deal is 2 months old. i highly doubt there is any in stores atm. j
just make some calls but dont bet the farm on finding any.

I bought 2 of them about 2 weeks ago. Got the last one, then they restocked with one more a few days later. Bought that one too. Both at $80!

Too bad. I'd still like a 120 HD for Netflix, but for $79. When it's over $110 then my old 1st Gen 20GB HD X-Box looks less appealing and a Pro starts calling my name.

[quote name='Doomtime']I bought 2 of them about 2 weeks ago. Got the last one, then they restocked with one more a few days later. Bought that one too. Both at $80![/quote]
Even when they restock it's $80?!
So it's basically CC retail price.

I called CC before Christmas and most locations near me wouldn't even pick up the phone. I finally got someone on the line and he was very helpful. He looked up the UPC and checked stock at his store and surrounding stores. No one had the hard drive in stock though. Damn.

bread's done
Back