XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

does anyone else's CC not even carry this thing?? 3 stores 30 minutes outside center city philadelphia and none of them even have the stock number in their systems. lame.

Thanks guys for the heads up. I found one. The funny thing about finding was that it was not one the self. I had to ask the sales person and she looked it up on her computer. She said they had 3 but they were not on the floor. she looked in the behind a display to find one. Once again thanks to all for the heads up.

OOS all around me (nassau county NY). Fortunately I just won $275 from a Best Buy/Krock contest so I might just pick one up there with my winnings :D

I went to my local Circuit City today (Fairview Heights, IL) in search of this deal. The tag on the shelf had the $99.99 price listed for the 120 GB drives, but they were out of stock (the salesperson said they didn't expect to be getting any more in the future).

So I went across the street to Best Buy to do a PM. The cashier asked me if I had the ad with me, and I explained that it wasn't in the ad but that I had just come from Circuit City where it was priced at $99.99. She took my word for it and didn't even call over to Circuit City :)

I phoned my buddy and he was able to get the last one at the CC in Springfield, IL. Thanks CAGs!

went to CC in chesapeake, va, none there, checked computer and said there was one in suffolk. Drove about 30 min and they could not find it....:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally tracked one down! Thanks for pointing this out. I got it at the Saugus, MA CC about an hour ago...there was one left hanging on the rack. Sticker says $179.99, shelf tag says $149.99 but it rang up $99.99.

Damn, you guys still are finding them a week later after the OP? You would think SD/FW hoarders would have picked them clean by now.

so i finally got a new 120gb to replace my 60gb~ thanks to a fellow boardie~
and im sorry for the newb question but i cant seem to transfer my data from the 60gb to the 120gb, im thinking the software disc was made for a 20gb to a 120gb upgrade.... anyone on the board successfully transfer from a 60 to a 120?
tried searching the web for troubleshooting but nothing came up and im thinking i might just have to call support. anyhow if any1 has any info, itd be much appreciated~

Got the last one at the CC in Schererville, IN for $99.99. I have been checking that store every other day and to my surprise they stocked one today and as soon as I snatched it up the put something else there and changed the sign.

I saw one left at CC on Brodie in Austin, TX. $10 off $75 coupon starts today. There were two on the shelf, marked 99.99, so I bought one.

To try and lengthen the life of my 360, I have decided to invest in a 120 gb so I can install all the games I play. I called my local Circuit City and the clueless clerk told me that "we only have the new 60gb packs for sale." Even though I tried to get him to look for the 120, he didn't bother checking for it whatsoever and pretty much blew me off; if anything, he was just interested in trying to cut the convo short by pushing the new sku on me. Anyway, should I go down there and try and see for myself? I don't want to waste a trip though, but he left it pretty open-ended as far as there possibly being a 120 left at my local store. Damnit!!!! If only these idiots cared about their jobs and were willing to serve the god damned customers!!!:bomb:

Last edited by a moderator:
In case anyone in SoCal is still looking for one, there should be one 120GB HDD left at the Circuit City in Lakewood (Lakewood Mall). It's near Lakewood and Del Amo. It's tagged $179.99 so it should stay there. If you can find a tag for the 120GB HDD, then they can check other stores, but it's no longer listed on their website.

If anybody would be willing to help me out with one of these I'd greatly appreciate it and compensate for your troubles. My CCs don't have anymore and all of the ones around me are closing up shop.

if anybody would be willing to help me out in picking one of these up I'd be forever greatful. None of my Targets have any and my CC's are all going out of business.

Ive been really disappointed with my local targets and cc's, too, but ended up getting the 60 gig live starter pack for $99 at gs and used a buncha store credit so got it for very little. Id recommend selling some games and using some of gamestops offers, they are at least as good as any lucky discount you run into by accident at a b&m store right about now. Went to a cc last friday that had supposedly 20 to 50% off and it was still way high, no wonder its going down...

[quote name='farfus']Ive been really disappointed with my local targets and cc's, too, but ended up getting the 60 gig live starter pack for $99 at gs and used a buncha store credit so got it for very little. Id recommend selling some games and using some of gamestops offers, they are at least as good as any lucky discount you run into by accident at a b&m store right about now. Went to a cc last friday that had supposedly 20 to 50% off and it was still way high, no wonder its going down...[/quote]

Unless funds are limited, I don't understand how someone justifies spending $100 for the 60GB model when the 120GB, which will no longer be sold separately by Microsoft, is available on Amazon for $135. Also, if you have a 20GB model, you can dump it on eBay and make at least $40 on it. Check out the math:

2 x 60GB = 120GB = $200 > 120GB for $135 - $40 = $95 < 60GB for $100

So, when you upgrade from a 20GB model to a 120GB model and eBay your 20GB HD, you increase your storage capacity by a factor of six for $5 less than the 60GB model, which has half the storage capacity.

[quote name='Mysterio']Unless funds are limited, I don't understand how someone justifies spending $100 for the 60GB model when the 120GB, which will no longer be sold separately by Microsoft, is available on Amazon for $135. Also, if you have a 20GB model, you can dump it on eBay and make at least $40 on it. Check out the math:

So, when you upgrade from a 20GB model to a 120GB model and eBay your 20GB HD, you increase your storage capacity by a factor of six for $5 less than the 60GB model, which has half the storage capacity.[/quote]

Damn! We gotta put you on Obama's economic panel! That's some deep stuff right there just to try and work out a deal for a hard drive. I can't imagine what types of things you could come up with to try and save the economy! :bow:

[quote name='Mysterio']Unless funds are limited, I don't understand how someone justifies spending $100 for the 60GB model when the 120GB, which will no longer be sold separately by Microsoft, is available on Amazon for $135. Also, if you have a 20GB model, you can dump it on eBay and make at least $40 on it. Check out the math:

So, when you upgrade from a 20GB model to a 120GB model and eBay your 20GB HD, you increase your storage capacity by a factor of six for $5 less than the 60GB model, which has half the storage capacity.[/QUOTE]

Actually the 60GB would be $60 because $100 - $40 = $60
If you do in fact sell your 20GB for $40.

While finances are in no short supply here, since im a new owner of a 360 not only was the 60 gb an upgrade but i had no mic or Xbox Live either, so its all good. As it turned out i got the whole pack for like $60 with a game after i traded in store credit and a few accessories from my 360. Feel free to spend whatever or wherever. Its my first new console in 5 years and i thank CAG for getting me there, superb site!!! (I expect someone may pay $40 for a 20 gig on Ebay, wouldnt surprise me lol)...

[quote name='RobnessMonster']Damn! We gotta put you on Obama's economic panel! That's some deep stuff right there just to try and work out a deal for a hard drive. I can't imagine what types of things you could come up with to try and save the economy! :bow:[/quote]

That should tell you something, since I voted for McCain. However, that doesn't mean I'm not supporting our new President Elect. :)

[quote name='kanye west']Actually the 60GB would be $60 because $100 - $40 = $60
If you do in fact sell your 20GB for $40.[/quote]

True, but the cost/GB is still better with the 120GB model:

120GB model: 79 cents/GB
60GB model: $1/GB

[quote name='farfus']While finances are in no short supply here, since im a new owner of a 360 not only was the 60 gb an upgrade but i had no mic or Xbox Live either, so its all good. [/quote]

That's very true. I forgot to consider that you might not already have a headset and XBL Gold account.

[quote name='Mysterio']That's very true. I forgot to consider that you might not already have a headset and XBL Gold account.[/quote]

I would like to see this calculated in...please.

Grabbed the last 120gb HD at the Orange, CA Circuit City yesterday. None left at the Fullerton CC. It was marked at around $140, but rang up $99. Unfortunately they were out of coupons for that time period, but I'm hoping to get at least $20 by eBaying my 20gb drive.

If anyone has a store that has the 120gb 360 HD, the price for one is ringing up at 79.99 now instead of 99.99. I was able to get the last one after my finals were done (thank goodness) and I went over to BB with my CC receipt to get the 79.99 price for my friend.

[quote name='H-Town Info']If anyone has a store that has the 120gb 360 HD, the price for one is ringing up at 79.99 now instead of 99.99. I was able to get the last one after my finals were done (thank goodness) and I went over to BB with my CC receipt to get the 79.99 price for my friend.[/quote]

I think that's low enough I can't pass anymore. I just have to hope they have one still. I'd like to stall games to HD, least a few and not gonna happen with current 20G. I even found a $15 gift card I forgot I had, so even cheaper!

[quote name='H-Town Info']If anyone has a store that has the 120gb 360 HD, the price for one is ringing up at 79.99 now instead of 99.99. I was able to get the last one after my finals were done (thank goodness) and I went over to BB with my CC receipt to get the 79.99 price for my friend.[/quote]If that's the case, then anyone who bought one in the last 30 days should be able to go back to CC and get back their $20 difference for the purchase.

If they used a coupon on the transaction to discount it, such as the $10 off $75 or $15 off $100, then it would be whatever difference between what they paid and $79.99.

I hate the fact that MS can still pull that off, when you can easily buy a 700GB external from a reliable source for that much.

[quote name='uricmu']I hate the fact that MS can still pull that off, when you can easily buy a 700GB external from a reliable source for that much.[/QUOTE]
No sh!t, enfuriating.

[quote name='uricmu']I hate the fact that MS can still pull that off, when you can easily buy a 700GB external from a reliable source for that much.[/quote]

Build an Xbox 360 for what they charge, then you can get up in arms about how much they charge for upgrades. They spent MILLIONS to set up a console, sell it at a loss, build a network of gamers and then have the nerve to try and make a few bucks on optional equipment.

[quote name='Doomtime']Has anyone confirmed the additional price drop to $79.99. I would tonight but I have to finish up this semester.[/quote]

Same. This NXE stuff and all the Rock Band songs are eating up my harddrive.

[quote name='H-Town Info']If anyone has a store that has the 120gb 360 HD, the price for one is ringing up at 79.99 now instead of 99.99. I was able to get the last one after my finals were done (thank goodness) and I went over to BB with my CC receipt to get the 79.99 price for my friend.[/quote]
Meet me at the BB in the Galleria area WITH YOUR RECEIPT....lmao. I might have to check out CC, I don't need one but I know my friend is looking to get one...he replaced his RROD one with an Arcade.

Would definitely appreciate another confirmation of this new drop before I run out to the closest CC (which is out of the way for me) to ask for some money back... just since it does seem like CC drops are "sorta universal" where it takes a while for stores to catch up. (and I would have to get the PMin the next day or two based on when I bought...)

[quote name='Jauron']Build an Xbox 360 for what they charge, then you can get up in arms about how much they charge for upgrades. They spent MILLIONS to set up a console, sell it at a loss, build a network of gamers and then have the nerve to try and make a few bucks on optional equipment.[/QUOTE]

Yeah those greedy mother fuckers.

[quote name='v1et r1ce']Same. This NXE stuff and all the Rock Band songs are eating up my harddrive.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Except, magically - no doubt, if you remove your hard drive NXE is still there! :hot:

It is at that price. I picked one up a few weeks ago before thanksgiving to avoid the lines. I was lucky to find it at a CC by my friend's house. The one near mine was out. I was also able to use the $15 off $100 coupon back then before it expired. Transfer was good. I went through every game to make sure I have all the updates and that the saves work as a precaution. I don't know if they're still available but good luck!

[quote name='Justin42']Would definitely appreciate another confirmation of this new drop before I run out to the closest CC (which is out of the way for me) to ask for some money back... just since it does seem like CC drops are "sorta universal" where it takes a while for stores to catch up. (and I would have to get the PMin the next day or two based on when I bought...)[/quote]

It's probably difficult to confirm as most stores sold out some time ago.
Just call your store with the UPC, they can look it up and confirm.

Anyone have the UPC for this drive? I'm trying to call around to local CCs but no one ever picks up the phone! LOL

[quote name='whodat']Anyone have the UPC for this drive? I'm trying to call around to local CCs but no one ever picks up the phone! LOL[/quote]

I've been thinking about getting one of these. What preloaded software(games) come on there. None of the listings specify.

[quote name='deszaras']I've been thinking about getting one of these. What preloaded software(games) come on there. None of the listings specify.[/QUOTE]

a lot of garbage... from what i can remember, on mine (~2 weeks ago) were a bunch of (mediocre) XBLA game demos, at least a gig worth of videos, mostly about halo 3... about 3 game demos... all in all i deleted around 3 gigs worth of crap, give or take.

bread's done
Back