XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

[quote name='ITDEFX']Considering that they won't drop it to match the other CC in sterling, it will be most likely you won't get it below 99 with that 15 off coupon.
What was the percent off at the time? still 15% off accessories?[/QUOTE]

I thought it was 10%... just watch out, a lot of the damn employees kept telling me different. One told me 120 plus 10% off... another tells me 150 plus 10%... and then the guy at the counter(manager had to clarify because lowest I heard was 120 plus 10%) that it was infact just straight out 125.99...

You talking about the HD or in general?

Yea, i got one for 99.99 in the Rockford,ILL area. The 60 gig was going for the same price as the 120 gig,you do the math.I had to ask for it as it was not by the 360 assc. Everything transfered over fine. Thanks op for this unadvertised deal............................

Picked one up tonight in San Jose, CA at the Eastridge CC for $99 and used the $15 off coupon. They had at least one other drive in stock.

[quote name='etcrane']Picked one up tonight in San Jose, CA at the Eastridge CC for $99 and used the $15 off coupon. They had at least one other drive in stock.[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? Man, I called that one yesterday, and the other two in San Jose, and they all said they were out and didn;t think that they were getting in any more. I caved and bought it on Amazon for 130 cuz I was afraid that they're going out of circulation completely (Target told me that they think they're not going to carry them anymore either). Man, I shoulda waited a bit longer. Did you call them, or did you just go in?

[quote name='etcrane']Picked one up tonight in San Jose, CA at the Eastridge CC for $99 and used the $15 off coupon. They had at least one other drive in stock.[/QUOTE]

are the coupons at the front counter? I've been meaning to head out there this whole week but never find the time. Gonna try to be out there right as they open.

called the 2 circuit city stores here and neither one even carries the 120 gig hdd. gave them the stock number and all.

just to see if they're BS'ing me i'm heading by one after work. this is some crap... i need one.

The Circuit City I went to didn't have any on display (Van Nuys, Ca), I had to go to customer service and ask them over there so they could bring one from the backroom.

Got mine a day ago, 99 at the Lake Forest CC off El Toro (CA) They said they had 2 left but I didn't see them in the case.

[quote name='FrankMcCutcheon']The Circuit City I went to didn't have any on display (Van Nuys, Ca), I had to go to customer service and ask them over there so they could bring one from the backroom.[/quote]

do you know if they had anymore at the van nuys store?

Scored one in North Haven CT. It looks like there were at least three left, on the wall behind the customer service counter. Tagged at $179, rings up at $99. Had no problems using the $15 off coupon, which they had plenty of.

If you guys are being told that the store doesn't have any, or if you don't see them on the floor, be sure to go to CS and ask them to look in the back room. Or, call ahead and give them the stock number.

[quote name='klingon666']Yea, i got one for 99.99 in the Rockford,ILL area. The 60 gig was going for the same price as the 120 gig,you do the math.I had to ask for it as it was not by the 360 assc. Everything transfered over fine. Thanks op for this unadvertised deal............................[/quote]

Do you know if they had anymore there? I was planning to make a visit there this weekend to check.

I went to the CC in Citrus Heights, CA. They had none in stock. The closest store they said that had them was 60 miles away. I went over to Best Buy and they price matched it at $99. YMMV.

[quote name='bluem00se']Are you serious? Man, I called that one yesterday, and the other two in San Jose, and they all said they were out and didn;t think that they were getting in any more. I caved and bought it on Amazon for 130 cuz I was afraid that they're going out of circulation completely (Target told me that they think they're not going to carry them anymore either). Man, I shoulda waited a bit longer. Did you call them, or did you just go in?[/QUOTE]

I actually went to the CC off Almaden Exp. first and they told me that the Eastridge CC had them in stock and I could order through the Almaden store and pick it up at Eastridge. I had to ask the manager about the coupon, which is good through the 24th but has been removed from the front due to the new December coupons. As of last night, I know for sure they had at least 1 more 120 gb drive on the shelf besides the one I picked up. May be gone now, but it was there fairly late last night (around 9:15 or so).

I went to the Circuit City in Dover, DE and they were out, but there was a peg and price tag for them at $139.99. I wrote down all of the information of of the tag, went right across the street to the Best Buy and asked them to price match. They called Circuit City with the sku, confirmed the $99.99 ring up price, and gave me the 120GB HDD for $99.99 with no sales tax. Missed out on the $15 off, but hey, $99 is better than $149!

Thanks OP!

Mike

[quote name='masterchief06']I went to the Circuit City in Dover, DE and they were out, but there was a peg and price tag for them at $139.99. I wrote down all of the information of of the tag, went right across the street to the Best Buy and asked them to price match. They called Circuit City with the sku, confirmed the $99.99 ring up price, and gave me the 120GB HDD for $99.99 with no sales tax. Missed out on the $15 off, but hey, $99 is better than $149!

Thanks OP!

Mike[/quote]

Good job on that.

no 120 gig hard drives in Santa Barbara, CA called stored and said they have none, and will not get any more stock. 20 gig drives were running $85

[quote name='Daywalker']At the closing Circuit City store here in Manassas, VA, price for the 120 GB is $125.99($132.29 after tax). They had like a good 4-6 of them still there. Not to go off topic, but they also had 2 left of the 60 GB pack with the 3 month and headset...[/quote]

Have you tried to one in Woodbridge (seeing that is the closest one now)? I just came across this thread about 20 mins ago. I would have checked today. I think I might stop by tomorrow. I checked on the website all the had was the 60GB pack.

The one in Woodbridge, across from Potomac Mills didnt have any 120s in stock. In fact one of the reps said they are only carrying the 20s and 60s. Hope I saved you a trip. (went there on Thursday)

[quote name='hostyl1']The one in Woodbridge, across from Potomac Mills didnt have any 120s in stock. In fact one of the reps said they are only carrying the 20s and 60s. Hope I saved you a trip. (went there on Thursday)[/quote]

Thanks, you did. I've been looking for one of these in a bad way.....oh well.

I've got a 120gb HDD, but no migration kit. anyone in the plainfield/joliet IL area thats got one to spare? PM me if you do!

[quote name='mikebridge']I've got a 120gb HDD, but no migration kit. anyone in the plainfield/joliet IL area thats got one to spare? PM me if you do![/quote]

If you fill out the form, you can get one for free from Microsoft. They ship pretty quickly.

You don't need two serial numbers. I put in my original serial number, and put "N/A" for the second. I was just gonna go get a used drive, and figured I'd need the cable. But after getting in on this deal, it turns out I didn't ever need the original. (Both are now on ebay though, or I would've sent one your way.)

[quote name='etcrane']I actually went to the CC off Almaden Exp. first and they told me that the Eastridge CC had them in stock and I could order through the Almaden store and pick it up at Eastridge. I had to ask the manager about the coupon, which is good through the 24th but has been removed from the front due to the new December coupons. As of last night, I know for sure they had at least 1 more 120 gb drive on the shelf besides the one I picked up. May be gone now, but it was there fairly late last night (around 9:15 or so).[/quote]

I was in a similiar situation. I went to the Sunnyvale store and was told there were 2 in stock at the Steven's Creek store, which i could order at Sunnyvale and pick up at Steven's Creek. I went there at Wednesday and picked up, it was the last one though. Btw, there were a whole stack of $15 coupon at the counter.

I could not really tell you if they had more ,but they are up front in the stock room, Good Luck. Lets us know if you snagged one...............

[quote name='Wario64']what is this $15 off $100 thing? i don't really have much trust in circuit city and i never seen them before[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='help1']Eh, that is still a bit expensive.[/quote]
true, but it's still the lowest price you will find company wide. the Target deal is a bit lower, but it's a YMMV, some Target stores are selling them for under $100 and the other Target stores are still selling them for $149.99...

for those of you who cant seem to find the $15 off coupon ( i couldnt tried 3 different stores)here is how i got it for the same price at sears.
ask them to price match cc $99.99 for the 120 gig hd you get 110% difference brigning it to $95 before paying purchase a $75 gift card ( they give a bonus $10 when buying $75 turning your $75 into $85) hd rings up @ $95 + tax, for me it was $100.69 fork over the $85 in gift cards you just bought and pay the rest either cash or credit and walk out with your handy dandy new hd for $85+tax

It's a bit high for a hard drive, but still a great deal for the particular product. You can easily sell the transfer kit for $30 (if not more...I got over $40 for a used one), so now you're down to $70. Then, if you're upgrading from a 20GB HDD, you can sell that for a few bucks. You might even still be able to get a decent amount for it on CL. I had an old ad up for one, and I was asking $35. I actually got a few responses over the last few days. I guess they never heard about that offer Microsoft was running.

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I just went to the Waterford Lakes CC in Orlando, FL and they don't have them. The don't even stock them. All they had were 20's and 60's. My guess is, CC is going to stop selling them so the 120's are ringing up under the 60's sku at $99.

The store clerk tried checking other stores but couldn't even find the 120 SKU in the inventory.

I'll probably check the East Colonial CC tonight since apparently no one at any CC can answer the damn phone.

EDIT: They finally answered the phone but are OOS >:whistle2:([/quote]
Haha. I just came from the Waterford Lakes stores. Same issue. Couldn't find any record of the item. So, he googled it, and the top item was this thread. So, there I am at Circuit City, and the CSR was browsing this thread in an attempt to find the SKU number to see if it's at any other locations for me. After 4 pages, he gave up.

As

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I just went to the Waterford Lakes CC in Orlando, FL and they don't have them. The don't even stock them. All they had were 20's and 60's. My guess is, CC is going to stop selling them so the 120's are ringing up under the 60's sku at $99.

The store clerk tried checking other stores but couldn't even find the 120 SKU in the inventory.

I'll probably check the East Colonial CC tonight since apparently no one at any CC can answer the damn phone.

EDIT: They finally answered the phone but are OOS >:whistle2:([/quote]
Haha. I just came from the Waterford Lakes stores. Same issue. Couldn't find any record of the item. So, he googled it, and the top item was this thread. So, there I am at Circuit City, and the CSR was browsing this thread in an attempt to find the SKU number to see if it's at any other locations for me. After 4 pages, he gave up.

As a foot note. I went to Best Buy across the street. They had 15 in stock, and no CSRs available because of all of the customers. In Circuit City there had to be 10 CSRs following me around since I was the only customer in the store.

[quote name='wdwpsu']Haha. I just came from the Waterford Lakes stores. Same issue. Couldn't find any record of the item. So, he googled it, and the top item was this thread. So, there I am at Circuit City, and the CSR was browsing this thread in an attempt to find the SKU number to see if it's at any other locations for me. After 4 pages, he gave up.

As a foot note. I went to Best Buy across the street. They had 15 in stock, and no CSRs available because of all of the customers. In Circuit City there had to be 10 CSRs following me around since I was the only customer in the store.[/quote]

CC SKU 882224460941

Good Luck!

Does the fact that the 120 GB drives are on sale and disappearing mean MS is going to release a larger capacity drive soon to take over the $149 price point (i.e. a 200 GB drive or something)?

I don't know if this has hit other stores but when I was buying the 120hd another sales clerk walked up and told the one ring me up that after my sale don't accept the $15 off coupon anymore.
I had to ask the sales clerk to do a price check on the 120 hd because the price on shelf was $179. When he did it the 120 hd rang up $99 so I grabbed a bottle of water to put the total over a $100 and gave him the coupon for a final total of $91. The store I purchased from was in Glen Burnie MD.

[quote name='DaRatt']I don't know if this has hit other stores but when I was buying the 120hd another sales clerk walked up and told the one ring me up that after my sale don't accept the $15 off coupon anymore.
I had to ask the sales clerk to do a price check on the 120 hd because the price on shelf was $179. When he did it the 120 hd rang up $99 so I grabbed a bottle of water to put the total over a $100 and gave him the coupon for a final total of $91. The store I purchased from was in Glen Burnie MD.[/quote]

LOL, that $15 off of $100+ coupon clearly says in the fine print that gaming hardware and game software is excluded. I picked one up off the counter at CC and tried to use it a couple of weeks ago when I bought both Fable 2 and Fallout 3, but the clerk was sharp and pointed out the fine print.

[quote name='tripleplus85']Got one in Portsmouth, NH (no sales tax). 86 dollars with the coupon. They had 1 more left.
Thanks.[/quote]

You know, I was right across the street from there this morning and decided not to bother and that it wasn't worth it. I then got home, played Rock Band 2 and got an unreadable disc error and thought, "Hey, if I had a 120 GB HDD, I could install the game to it and never have this problem again". Looks like I made the wrong move.

I got a 360 120gb hdd here in Florida for $85 with a CC $15 off of $100 coupon someone was nice enough to scan and put up on this board. This was the Boynton Beach, Florida store I went too and they 4 or more 120gb hdd's left.

[quote name='epb']played Rock Band 2 and got an unreadable disc error and thought, "Hey, if I had a 120 GB HDD, I could install the game to it and never have this problem again".[/quote]

My understanding is it still checks the disc even if you've installed to hard drive, so if that part of the disc (or the disc in general) is unreadable, you'd still have a problem.

[quote name='LemonJoose']Does the fact that the 120 GB drives are on sale and disappearing mean MS is going to release a larger capacity drive soon to take over the $149 price point (i.e. a 200 GB drive or something)?[/quote]

The current theory that I've seen is that MS is "discontinuing" the 120GB because:

1) MS wants to push the 60GB for $100 for a higher profit margin
2) if a consumer wants a new 120GB, it forces them to buy an Elite (thus making it "more elite")

If that's true, it's all about stretching profit.

[quote name='morph3us']no 120 gig hard drives in Santa Barbara, CA called stored and said they have none, and will not get any more stock. 20 gig drives were running $85[/quote]

SB store is on the closing list, so they're probably run by liquidators now and their pricing has no relation to CC pricing.

bread's done
Back