XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

[quote name='mtxbass1']To people who are buying these for $99. Is your Circuit City one of the ones that is closing?[/QUOTE]

The one I got mine from is not on the closing list.

argh, I wanted to try this on my way into work but traffic was so bad (and already late for a meeting) I couldn't swing it... I have a feeling I missed my chance, assuming the local store even had it in the first place. :(

Wow, I finally found a good deal. Woohoo! Now I'm thinking up buying one plus an arcade for a backup "elite" now that the arcade has hdmi.

[quote name='onapartyrock']$4.99 less than Target if you can find it, wonder if CC will try to puch their extended warranty on it? God, their sales of those things must have tanked.

With all these price drops, do you think it may be universal soon? If so, maybe we might be seeing a 160GB or bigger version with game installs hitting.[/quote]I agree with you. microsoft seems to make hd with a 100gb over what the pro system has (20gb,120gb). It's only a matter of time till they release it.

I may try this on my way home. Its a good deal, but I still have a hard time putting up $100 for a HDD. I've only got about 3GB free on my 20GB, so if I want to do the game installs I'm going to have to pony up.

[quote name='mtxbass1']To people who are buying these for $99. Is your Circuit City one of the ones that is closing?[/quote]

Stores that are closing are being run by liquidators. The prices set by the liquidators are completely separate, AFAIK.

[quote name='seanr1221']I checked Montgomery, Plymouth meeting and willow grove Ben.[/quote]

Thanks Sean, you're not that far from me but none of those are my local.

[quote name='kidrocklive']it's not an advertised sale so I don't think that's possible[/quote]

YES they will, but the CC needs to have them in stock at $99.99...

Just got one from CC. Picked up the hard drive and a cheap christmas music cd to put it over $100 so I could use the coupon. There were three at my store but only one had the transfer cable. Make sure you look carefully before you buy it.

Any improvement on performance with this? I've seen in a few threads/reviews that people said it was faster. There was speculation the 120 is a 7200rpm, and the 20 is a 5400. If thats the case I might be interested too. Can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='AntiCommie']Any improvement on performance with this? I've seen in a few threads/reviews that people said it was faster. There was speculation the 120 is a 7200rpm, and the 20 is a 5400. If thats the case I might be interested too. Can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Games will load faster (when installed with NXE) from a 120GB over a 20GB.

[quote name='Gosha']Got the last one at my store. Bought a pack of gum with it to get over 100 and used the coupon. Good deal.[/quote]

were there coupons at your store? i will buy this with the coupon. without it, i'm on the fence.

[quote name='xplode427']were there coupons at your store? i will buy this with the coupon. without it, i'm on the fence.[/QUOTE]

Same here.....

It might be worth checking your CCs even if you call. Mine had them (at the Customer Service desk) even though they told me they were out.

[quote name='seanr1221']If yours have more than 1 let me know Ben.[/quote]

No 120's at the Concord Pike, DE store, 60's and 20's only.

60's were marked at $99.

Got 1 at East Madison, WI. There is 1 more there.

It was in the back. So it would be smart for people to ask the video game guy if any are in the back.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Got 1 at East Madison, WI. There is 1 more there.

It was in the back. So it would be smart for people to ask the video game guy if any are in the back.[/quote]

Shit I just got back from checking the west one. Gonna call and see if they will hold it for me.

edit. called and they said they sold out an hour ago. I asked if she could check in the back but it sounded like she just set down the phone and talked to someone. Not about to drive over there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the last one in the Fashion Island CC in southern CA. It was still marked at full price. Rang up at $99, and I asked for the $15 coupon along with a candy bar.

I don't even have an Xbox! But I know I'll be crumbling this holiday season and getting an Arcade, and combined with being able to load up games on a hard drive - well I had to bite on this deal.

Now to find a good deal on an Arcade...

[quote name='rgd2blck']Got the last one in the Fashion Island CC in southern CA. It was still marked at full price. Rang up at $99, and I asked for the $15 coupon along with a candy bar.

I don't even have an Xbox! But I know I'll be crumbling this holiday season and getting an Arcade, and combined with being able to load up games on a hard drive - well I had to bite on this deal.

Now to find a good deal on an Arcade...[/quote]

Good to see another CAG in the Newport Area.

The store on 66th Street and Broadway in NYC has coupons, stock, and the $99 price tag. I also grabbed a stack of the $15 off 100 coupons to share the love (expires 11/24), so if anyone needs one, PM me and I'll give you the unique code from the back for free (they can type in the code), or mail you one for $1 paypal (can they do that low?).

So were exactly are these coupons kept? At all registers, cust. service, etc.? My store says they have them but the extra $15 off is a deal breaker.

Mine had a stack on the checkout counter, and another on the table in the center of the audio section. They're little squares, white dominant on the front, black dominant on the back.

[quote name='seanr1221']It might be worth checking your CCs even if you call. Mine had them (at the Customer Service desk) even though they told me they were out.[/quote]

damn... now I gotta go over there lol

It's indistinguishable from the retail one. That's why you have to use that specific model -- it's the one Microsoft sells.

got it!

4 at Sterling, VA..got 2, one for a good friend of mine and 1 for me. That fat wallet dbag from target yesterday can suck his 129.99 drive :booty:!!

Used the 15$ off coupon ...picked up a candy bar to bring it over 100 and bam!

Thanks guys.

bread's done
Back