XBox 360 120gb Hard Drive $99.99 at Circuit City

to the guys in the philly area, i picked one up from the CC off of 422 near Paoli and there was one left when i walked out. Marked $149 on the shelf with nothing noting the price difference...

If anyone in the Los Angeles or Orange County area has an extra one or is willing to snap one up for me, I'd be willing to pay and pickup. Please? :)

[quote name='KongaKing']So for all the new 120gb HD owners, did anyone transfer from their 20GB to new 120GB drive yet? Everything run smooth with the new dash and stuff?[/quote]

yeah just finished transferring and now installing more games, everything seems to be working fine... actual transfer from the 20gig -> 120gig harddrive took 1 1/2 hours... dunno why it was that long but it was the format and transfer option so i guess their format took a while

everything worked smooth, hooked up the usb to hd, popped in the cd, confirmed some stuff then rebooted... got an update from xbox live then rebooted again and now its working fine :D

[quote name='mzbagel']Consider him a liar then :) I actually called Naperville this morning and was told they didn't have any in stock. I stopped by during lunch and bought the last one (box damaged but everything inside new) off the rack...gee, thanks for checking girlie from the morning shift. Bolingbrook still has one in stock and Schaumburg had a couple available as of 10:30am. Much thanks to OP. Total out of pocket expense was $20 after exchanging a gifted game for the 60GB kit and using the $15 coupon, then returning that for the 120GB drive after price drop.[/QUOTE]

I'm here to report that the Schaumburg store has been cleared out. I hurried over to it after work, only to come up empty.

:bomb:

Oh well.

I bought the last two in Glendale, CA. Thanks OP, great find! Also thanks to the poster who suggested asking for the $15 off $100 coupon, the cashier used two. Gotta love that genuine Circuit City incompetence!

Here's the Circuit City stock number if anyone needs it (same as the UPC): 882224460941

Picked up 120gb HDD for $99.99 at the Circuit City in Tigard, OR. They didn't have any of those coupons so I didn't get a chance to try to get $15 off.

Called the local CC, and they have them for $99. I plan on heading there tomorrow morning to grab one. Hopefully, they have the coupons lying around.

I visited my local CC shortly after it opened Wednesday morning. I was lucky enough to snag the last one. Thanks for the heads up CAGs!

I visited mine in Bellingham, Wash., and they were all out, but the sales guy told me to come back on Saturday when they might have some from a recent shipment.

He was cool and rang it up to make sure that it was, indeed, $99.99. He said he was surprised, and added that he was sure that the other sales guys would be too lazy to change the price (marked at $140) unless they got more.

Is anyone having a problem buying them from the ones that are shutting down? Went to one in Newnan,Ga they had some but listed at $135 and they wouldn't price match saying "We're not a Circuit City anymore". Also they wouldn't take the 15 dollar off coupon.

[quote name='Munstar']Is anyone having a problem buying them from the ones that are shutting down? Went to one in Newnan,Ga they had some but listed at $135 and they wouldn't price match saying "We're not a Circuit City anymore". Also they wouldn't take the 15 dollar off coupon.[/quote]

The closing stores are no longer CC, they are run by a liquidation company.

[quote name='Toro7587']my local cc said 139. in Richmond, VA...andbody know how to get them to match themselves? LOL.[/quote]

you talking about the one off of huguenot rd (across from best buy and chesterfield town center)? i live like 3 miles away from there...

All the CC's in the Atlanta area refuse to answer their phones. I'm glad they are going out of business

Edit: They are cleaned out

Last edited by a moderator:
The pricing at a store going out of business isn't the same as an open store. The closing stores aren't CC stores anymore, except in outward appearance. Pricing isn't the same, so the hard drives aren't at $99.99 at a closing store.

If all the stores are closing in the Atlanta area, then you're not going to get it at the $99.99 price.

Can we get some store numbers up in here, for those who've been able to find the hd's? Maybe the rest of us can use that info. to get some pm's.

Thanks!

didnt see a post, but did anyone in MA find one for $99? maybe only the stores that are closing have it on sale.

Just got back from the CC in doral, fl they have a few left. Picked one up but they dont have the coupons anymore, now they have the ones when u spend $75 OR more u save $10, but it starts on 12/5

Picked one up for $94.xx thanks to help from guessed. You got to love a community that helps you save money.:D
Also I have 3 $15 off coupons (expire Nov 24) I can take pics of so you can print on your end. If you need one PM me and let me know.

[quote name='Pck21']Well since I live in AZ and all of my stores are closing, does that mean they won't have them at this price?[/quote]

you could try to give them a call wouldnt hurt but be prepared to be asked alot of questions about the damn thing from color to size to how do spell it again lol

Just a heads up for those with no luck at Circuit City:

I asked CC to give me a copy of the barcode for the $99 hard drive so I could see if Best Buy would match the price. I took the barcode over to BB and the manager matched without asking any questions. Anybody who was left empty handed like me should at least try this. I didn't get the coupon savings, but a 120 GB for $99 was still pretty sweet.

Great price for those who can find it. I ordered a used one from Ebay in Aug for $70 shipped but for these prices brand new sounds great...

I just went to the Waterford Lakes CC in Orlando, FL and they don't have them. The don't even stock them. All they had were 20's and 60's. My guess is, CC is going to stop selling them so the 120's are ringing up under the 60's sku at $99.

The store clerk tried checking other stores but couldn't even find the 120 SKU in the inventory.

I'll probably check the East Colonial CC tonight since apparently no one at any CC can answer the damn phone.

EDIT: They finally answered the phone but are OOS >:whistle2:(

Sweet, 2 left at my store marked at 179.99, had them scan it, showed 99.99 then asked if they had the $15 coupon, they reached underneath the register in a box and she said "this one?" I said yep. She didn't even know how to scan or use it, it was the 1st time they had seen one. LOL. OTD $85, oh yeh, bought some whoppers for a $1 to put it over. Thanks, guys needed this bad after NXE.

Another thing to remember is check your local EB, I found one for 99.99 used and was tempted to use the 10% coupon, but I wanted new to be safe.
Now just got to transfer everything over, and I wonder what the TIV is for the 20G at EB?

Got the last one at the Bloomington, IL CC.

Sadly, I could not find the coupon. They did have the upcoming December coupon ($10 off $75), but that couldn't be used.

Still, ebaying the transfer cable (and the transfer cable I already had) should help out quite a bit.

Three of my coupons are spoken for (jesusmang, MPoWeRM3, shieryda). As of now I have one remaining, so if you need one PM me and I can get a pic to you.

Well I went to the Circuit City here in Pembroke Pines, FL and they only had 1...listed $149.99. Went up to the register and it rang up at $99.99, asked the cashier for the coupon and she had a whole stack right next to her. Tossed in some gum and I was good to go. Walked out of there paying about $90 with tax...awesome.

And on ebay the transfer cables are selling for $30-$40 dollars...and then you can sell your old 20 GB for about $30 :D

Called the CC near Rockville MD and they say they are sold out. Not worth the trip for me but just FYI. (the had one yesterday though, but didn't pick it up, damn it!!)
If the have them used at GS for $99, with the edge card it come to about 95$ with tax. That might work, but still I hate buying used stuff from them ever!.

No luck in Greenville NC, got the lady at the register to scan it and it was still $139. Oh well maybe I will try again later next week.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']So is the transfer kit a once time used thing? I can use it and sell it to someone else who needs it?[/quote]

Yeah pretty much unless you're gonna upgrade to another 120gig hd lol.

I'm guessing, after doing the transfer, you'll have some things already on the drive? My new 120GB drive had some videos (Halo 3, Microsoft commercials, etc.), Demos (Madden 07, XBLA games), and Themes (EA theme, Halo theme, etc.)

Besides having the extra stuff (which I deleted), all my content moved fine.

At the closing Circuit City store here in Manassas, VA, price for the 120 GB is $125.99($132.29 after tax). They had like a good 4-6 of them still there. Not to go off topic, but they also had 2 left of the 60 GB pack with the 3 month and headset...

[quote name='Daywalker']At the closing Circuit City store here in Manassas, VA, price for the 120 GB is $125.99($132.29 after tax). They had like a good 4-6 of them still there. Not to go off topic, but they also had 2 left of the 60 GB pack with the 3 month and headset...[/quote]

Considering that they won't drop it to match the other CC in sterling, it will be most likely you won't get it below 99 with that 15 off coupon.
What was the percent off at the time? still 15% off accessories?

I need this to be just a little cheaper and then I will bite since my 360 is much less annoying without the drive spinning.

bread's done
Back