Xbox 360 16gb usb flash drive

EarthKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
[quote name='pipir']whats the difference between xbox and a regular one?[/QUOTE]

One says Xbox and the other doesn't. You can use any flash drive as long as it is between 2(maybe 4?)GB and 16GB.

[quote name='pipir']whats the difference between xbox and a regular one?[/QUOTE]

I would assume better performance for the X360 but other than that IDK

[quote name='wune']One says Xbox and the other doesn't. You can use any flash drive as long as it is between 2(maybe 4?)GB and 16GB.[/QUOTE]

Yup. 32GB is the highest it goes (2 X 16gb usb)

From what I remember reading is the xbox one is pretty much ready to go out of the box. With a standard one, you have to do some type of setting up with it.

[quote name='Coper3000']From what I remember reading is the xbox one is pretty much ready to go out of the box. With a standard one, you have to do some type of setting up with it.[/QUOTE]

it takes 30 secs to set up.

I believe the minimum size that can be configured is 1gig.

The 8 gb xbox flash drive from SanDisk came with 1 free month of xbox live, I don't know if the 16 gb comes with this also.

Here is a link to a forum dedicated to USB flash drives used for xbox, you might be able to dig a little to find the best flash drive, performance wise.

http://forums.xbox.com/2378/ShowForum.aspx

This was 30.49 last week from same amazon seller. i actually picked one up to backup xbox saves. Probably overkill, but meh it was close to a 16GB kingston usb in price.

Not that it matters, the 16GB one came with a free kinectimal.

[quote name='confoosious']I think there's some minimum speed rating to be compatible with xboxes. Unfortunately, nobody publishes speed ratings on usb drives.

I bought a Patriot Xporter and it works fine. Also got it for pretty cheap.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220253&cm_re=xporter-_-20-220-253-_-Product[/QUOTE]

Yeah there are minimum requirements but they don't state the minimum performance requirements.

USB minimum requirements

To use a USB storage device with your Xbox 360 console, the USB drive must meet these requirements:

• The USB drive must have a minimum of 1 gigabyte (1GB) storage capacity.
  • The USB drive must be formatted in Windows FAT32 file system. Macintosh or Linux formats do not work.
Using a USB storage device that does not meet the minimum performance requirements might significantly affect the performance of your Xbox 360 console.
Link

I bought a Corsair Flash Voyager last year and used it to backup my :360: data and it seemed to back it up fairly fast. I bought the 8GB but the 16GB version has dropped in price (link) since last year.

I haven't had an issue with the USB drive at all.

[quote name='wune']One says Xbox and the other doesn't. You can use any flash drive as long as it is between 2(maybe 4?)GB and 16GB.[/QUOTE]
yea lol. i dont understand why the hack that is twice more expensive than a regular one

[quote name='pipir']yea lol. i dont understand why the hack that is twice more expensive than a regular one[/QUOTE]

Because MS and other gaming companies like to milk the hell out of their customers...The sad part is that people will buy their stuff regardless...>_>.

The only difference really between the Xbox 360 branded one and any other is that the 360 works right out of the box and comes with 1 free month of LIVE Gold. That's about it.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Um i have a 16GB corsair flash voyager and fails everytime. Maybe they revised it but my 2GB flash voyager has same issue.[/QUOTE]

Wow, really? I've owned a couple of Corsair drives and both are working fine. I guess it's like any other memory product on the market; the majority will work fine but there will always be that small lot that will fail for "x" reason.

[quote name='OregonDealz']Um i have a 16GB corsair flash voyager and fails everytime. Maybe they revised it but my 2GB flash voyager has same issue.[/QUOTE]

The flash voyager is VERY fast for large sequential file writes but not very good at small 4k writes.Thats why it wont work well if at all as windows ready boost drive. I assume the xbox has simmular needs as a readyboost drive. But they are great for large files....and fun to throw at people they bounce ...:D

[quote name='sthenic']

The 8 gb xbox flash drive from SanDisk came with 1 free month of xbox live, I don't know if the 16 gb comes with this also.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, when these things first came out, both the 8gb and 16gb came with a month of xbox live but late last year they switched it so it now comes with something for kinectimals, so depending on how old it is, you might get one or the other.

[quote name='EarthKing']I would assume better performance for the X360 but other than that IDK[/QUOTE]

I actually bought one for a very good price and did some elementary testing on it. It's actually fairly bad performance. Glad I was able to sell it (and make money on top)

[quote name='htown01']Wow, really? I've owned a couple of Corsair drives and both are working fine. I guess it's like any other memory product on the market; the majority will work fine but there will always be that small lot that will fail for "x" reason.[/QUOTE]

Ya when i first tried the corsair a couple years ago, i googled and found others with the same issues. FWIW the newer yellow ones are supposed to all be good.

[quote name='z3razerviper']The flash voyager is VERY fast for large sequential file writes but not very good at small 4k writes.Thats why it wont work well if at all as windows ready boost drive. I assume the xbox has simmular needs as a readyboost drive. But they are great for large files....and fun to throw at people they bounce ...:D[/QUOTE]

Ya i love mine, just failed xbox tests and format. great warranty also, i bent one on accident, corsair sent me a new one no questions asked.

Thanks OP, been hoping for a deal on these! I originally bought 2 - 16GB Kingston sticks that the Xbox 360 kept corrupting, I assume that the Xbox 360 brand sticks won't corrupt.

I just want to chime in on the 16gb 360 flash drive.

I initially balked at the idea of buying a "branded" flash drive. I used a few others that worked but still had a few issues with my 360, I guess because they weren't as fast as they needed to be. I could copy things to them, but couldn't copy my profile to the drive like I wanted -- I have a couple 360's and wanted to keep my profile on the drive, and just plug it into whichever 360 I wanted to use.

Anyway, I finally bought the "official" 360 drive. It's really only a few dollars more than any other 16gb flash drive. And the thing is really nice! It's super small, way smaller than expected. Also incredibly thing. It doesn't get any thicker than the USB plug itself. There's also a nice green light at the end of it that turns on when you plug it in. I'm really happy with it, and I think anyone on the fence will be, too.

At least it's way cheaper than the old 360 20gb hard drives. Those were a joke!

the main problem with flash drives and the 360, at least the new slim 360, is the actual size of the unit if you want to use the rear USB ports. i tried using a 16 gig Cruiser with my slim, and while it fit fine in the front usb ports, the casing was too big for it to fit in any of the rear usb ports. while most people wouldn't really care about this, i did because i had 2 mics plugged in the front of the system and only wanted to use the rear usb ports for my flash drives. so, for some people the official ones may fit better because they're smaller, and if you can find them on sale for a really good price then they may be the best choice...

bread's done
Back