Xbox 360 Arcade + Lego Batman = $200 shipped at Amazon

Thanks........was going to pick up a 360 for my son......he also wanted Lego Batman so a great deal when you figure in the recent price drop. :)

[quote name='Salmonday']

1. I am torn. I want a 360 now that they are cheap, but I would hate to come off as a redneck.

2. Perhaps I shall ask Brandine what she thinks...[/quote]

Redneck? Seriously :roll:

2. Who the fuck is Brandine? Please let me know what she thinks...

[quote name='maxgle']This is so tempting, but I don't want to risk buying a system that will inevitable break shortly after. I believe that when the age of Jasper finally comes, deal like this should also be available at some point of time. Thanks for the post though Cheapy![/quote]

Don't waste your time waiting on a "miracle" chip to fix the RRoD problem. It is the overall design of the system that is the problem.

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']This comes with a falcon chip...right?
Would appreciate if anyone can confirm
smiley.gif
[/quote]

Im sure it does. I was wondering the same thing. Please confirm. Thanks!

I just bought an arcade 360 from amazon like 2 weeks ago. There's no way they'll "adjust" this deal retroactively for people like me right?

I'd get this if I didn't already have two 360s.
I've been playing LEGO Batman, and it's really fun minus a few glitches (that are hard to reproduce).

[quote name='oasisboy']Redneck? Seriously :roll:

2. Who the fuck is Brandine? Please let me know what she thinks...[/quote]

Your lack of CAGCast listening is keeping you on the outside of the in-jokes.

On one of the most recent CAGCasts Cheapy was calling the Arcade 360 the "Hillbilly Wal-mart 360". It was also the first appearance of a new impersonation/accent IIRC.

Black in da' hood Cheapy
Asian Immigrant Cheapy
Super-Jewy Cheapy (aka Mombat)
and now: Hillbilly Cheapy

[quote name='Kerig']Your lack of CAGCast listening is keeping you on the outside of the in-jokes.

On one of the most recent CAGCasts Cheapy was calling the Arcade 360 the "Hillbilly Wal-mart 360". It was also the first appearance of a new impersonation/accent IIRC.

Black in da' hood Cheapy
Asian Immigrant Cheapy
Super-Jewy Cheapy (aka Mombat)
and now: Hillbilly Cheapy[/QUOTE]

wow.. you pay way more attention to the cagcast then I do.. I didn't really get the reference either.

to be fair.. it comes with 512 mb which is good enough for game saves and small DLC games.. (most "real" games on XBLA are around 50 MB .. Rez I think is upwards of 200 or 300 MBs .. ) you can always delete and re download titles purchased on XBLA but thats kind of annoying.. I wish the hard drives were cheap but they are not. but either way you look at it.. you get a free game plus free arcade games with it.

This promo makes me realize that we had it good up here in Toronto with the FutureShop promo last week. They were giving away Gears of War and The Force Unleashed for free with any 360.

I already have a 360, but I'm going to go ahead and buy this. I wanted a new wireless controller ($50) and Lego Batman interested me ($50), so for $100, I get a 360 that can do HDMI and hopefully has a small chance of dying compared to my current one, a memory card, and the arcade disc. I also need a DVD player for downstairs, so this will work great. Thanks for posting this deal Cheapy.

Anybody know a cheap HDMI cable that works with the 360? I'm checking monoprice.com right now, but I'm not sure what I have to get.

Very tempting, I would just sell my refurb when it gets back from Microsoft...but I think I'll pass. Were it the middle of the month I'd probably bite.

Awesome deal, I'll sell the refurb I just got back from M$ and get this. Was planning on doing that anyways since my warranty is up in November, but Lego Batman sweetened the hell out of this deal.

Hmm... I'd like to do this. I'm going to get Lego Batman anyway and I have a 20GB drive just sitting around to use with it... but will the wife let me...

[quote name='DustoMan']Hmm... I'd like to do this. I'm going to get Lego Batman anyway and I have a 20GB drive just sitting around to use with it... but will the wife let me...[/QUOTE]

Don't tell her.... :)

My 9 year old son and 7 year old daughter wanted Lego Batman for Christmas. I needed a new wireless controller and always wanted a memory unit. When you add up the cost of a new controller, game and memory unit, I am getting a falcon 360 as a back up for dirt cheap. Being a real cheap ass, I used super saver shipping and didn't pay tax. Less than 200 out the door. Not bad.

Here is what the delivery confirmation looks like: (minus my order #)

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Method: [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]FREE Super Saver Shipping [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few shipments as possible[/SIZE][/FONT]Subtotal of Items: $249.98 Shipping & Handling: $9.47 Super Saver Discount -$9.47 Promotion Applied -$49.99 ------ Total for this Order: $199.99

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Shipping estimate for these items: October 2, 2008 [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
video_games_display_on_website-blue-icon._V47059973_.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Xbox 360 Core Arcade Bundle"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Video Game; $199.99[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
video_games_display_on_website-blue-icon._V47059973_.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"LEGO Batman"[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Video Game; $49.99[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DarthPuma']Just put my 360 up on Craigslist. How long is this supposed to last?[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000258051
[quote name='Amazon']

*Details

Order LEGO Batman for the Xbox 360 and an Xbox 360 Core Arcade Bundle after September 26, 2008 12:00 am PST and before October 9, 2008 11:59 pm PST in our Video Games Store and receive LEGO Batman free. This offer applies only to the purchase of LEGO Batman for Xbox 360 and an Xbox 360 Core Arcade Bundle offered by Amazon.com and does not apply to products sold on our site by third-party merchants or through third-party areas such as Amazon.com Marketplace or Auctions. Limit one per household. [/QUOTE]

[quote name='jug_head_4ever']Anyone?[/QUOTE]

Yes, any 360 you can find in a store now is a Falcon. They were sold out for awhile in the winter - the channels were cleared of old units.

[quote name='gkrykewy']Yes, any 360 you can find in a store now is a Falcon. They were sold out for awhile in the winter - the channels were cleared of old units.[/quote]
Thanks for confirmation!

[quote name='neonglow']I got nowhere with my phone call with CS. I ended up having them cancel everything.[/quote]

You're talking about the Prime situation, right?

There is ONE small solution if you really want this deal. Make a new, 2nd account with Amazon which won't have Prime. You can make the account in anyone's name (I made one in my dog's name for a different reason), but use your real billing info (name on card, etc.)

It's similar to making a child's account so they can buy things using your credit card. The only drawback is you'll have to choose super-saver shipping instead of free 2-day.

Honestly, I'm surprised CS couldn't straighten everything out. If you were on the phone with them, it might have been an outsourced language-barrier issue. Maybe if you E-mail them a semi-complaint/request for the deal with Prime shipping, they'll be able to not only get you the deal, but also fix it for everyone else who wants it with Prime.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge'][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few shipments as possible[/SIZE][/FONT][SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica] [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
This is the option that they removed from Prime members, and I'm pretty sure is the reason it's not working. It used to be an option in Prime, but no longer.

The work around for prime members is to create a new e-mail address but still use the same shipping and credit card information.

Edit: Kerig covered the Prime issue in the post above. Didn't mean to be redundant.

[quote name='anch']whats with the falcon chip? is that a good news or bad news to dvd drive modding???[/quote]

The falcon motherboard has heat sinks and is less prone to overheating. I am unable to answer your question about the dvd drive.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Anyone find a work around for prime members? This thing is being a pain.[/quote]

What I did was go ahead and place the order and then after going through the checkout, changing the shipping method to combine all the items together. It worked for me.

[quote name='sj41']
Anybody know a cheap HDMI cable that works with the 360? I'm checking monoprice.com right now, but I'm not sure what I have to get.[/quote]

hey, like sj41 said, does anybody know where to find a cheap 360 HDMI cable? And also a cheap 20gb HD? I saw posts talking about clearanced ones at Target, but the Targets near me are always depleted fast. And online deals or anything?

Thanks!

[quote name='drgnasdt']hey, like sj41 said, does anybody know where to find a cheap 360 HDMI cable? And also a cheap 20gb HD? I saw posts talking about clearanced ones at Target, but the Targets near me are always depleted fast. And online deals or anything?

Thanks![/quote]
I have used http://monoprice.com for cables. Never had a problem. Also check out this Gamestop thread. 20% off coupon can be combined with edge for the hard drive. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198297

I just had to call customer service and had someone help me for about 1/2 an hour, and they managed to manually give me the promotion discount, with 3.99 1-day shipping

^_^ Definitely was worth the trouble though~

[quote name='anch']whats with the falcon chip? is that a good news or bad news to dvd drive modding???[/QUOTE]

Every console as of now bought new in store/off amazon has a Falcon ship. The "Jasper" is already in the works and supposedly out on shelves but no one has gutted a 360 manufactured in august/sept that I know of that has proven this fact yet. After Jasper comes Vahalla but that won't be due till atleast 2010, and theres a lame rumor going around about a slim line which probably wouldn't happen till 2011 or further if MS is still banking on the 360 and not the 720 by then.

[quote name='anch']whats with the falcon chip? is that a good news or bad news to dvd drive modding???[/QUOTE]

well first of all piracy talk is not allow. Anyway new Xbox 360 comes with Lite On drive which are not moddable right now. Go look for a used unit

[quote name='62t']well first of all piracy talk is not allow. Anyway new Xbox 360 comes with Lite On drive which are not moddable right now. Go look for a used unit[/quote]

I'm sorry, but what was the point of this? You scold...and then you help. Pick one and go with it.

[quote name='DarthPuma']The falcon chipset is much less prone to RROD right?[/quote]

That is true due to the heat sinks however Falcon owners still experience problems. Just not as often as those with a non hdmi unit.

So, I just got an Xbox 360 Pro a couple days ago from Gamestop. How do I know whether or mine has the faulty hardware? If it has an HDMI port (can't remember but I think mine does), it's good right? Or... better, at least?

Oh yeah, one more question. How do I stream Divx?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='EdEddandEdge']That is true due to the heat sinks however Falcon owners still experience problems. Just not as often as those with a non hdmi unit.[/quote]

Good enough for me. Hope they don't sell out by the time I get my non hdmi sold.

[quote name='lockey']I have used http://monoprice.com for cables. Never had a problem. Also check out this Gamestop thread. 20% off coupon can be combined with edge for the hard drive. http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198297[/quote]

hey thanks, i've been using monoprice for a while, but i think someone asked a question in this thread (or maybe another one i was reading) about which cable you'll need exactly. just any 1.3a category 2 certified cables? male to male?

there's a lot listed on monoprrice (http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240) so any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='drgnasdt']hey thanks, i've been using monoprice for a while, but i think someone asked a question in this thread (or maybe another one i was reading) about which cable you'll need exactly. just any 1.3a category 2 certified cables? male to male?

there's a lot listed on monoprrice (http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240) so any help would be appreciated![/QUOTE]

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think the 360 has support for any of the advanced features provided by HDMI 1.3 anyway, even if combined with an HD-DVD player. In a general sense, the version of HDMI needed depends on your setup. Unless you have uber high-end equipment, any version should be fine, even for 1080p. One of the main reasons for 1.3 would be for bitstreaming of the sound if you have a receiver capable of decoding TrueHD or DTS-HD. The other reason would be deep color.

Personally i don't have a deep color compatible display. Also, bitstreaming undecoded audio from what I've read seems overrated. Most players (e.g. PS3, blu-ray player, etc.) do a fine job of decoding anyway unless you have a very high-end AV receiver. They convert it to multi-channel PCM over the HDMI cable, which most receivers should be able to play back. Whether they upconvert from 5.1 to 6.1 or 7.1 is another story.

At a minimum, you should look for an HDMI 1.1 cable if it's for the 360. Any version higher is just gravy.

[quote name='misbitski']Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think the 360 has support for any of the advanced features provided by HDMI 1.3 anyway, even if combined with an HD-DVD player. In a general sense, the version of HDMI needed depends on your setup. Unless you have uber high-end equipment, any version should be fine, even for 1080p. One of the main reasons for 1.3 would be for bitstreaming of the sound if you have a receiver capable of decoding TrueHD or DTS-HD. The other reason would be deep color.

Personally i don't have a deep color compatible display. Also, bitstreaming undecoded audio from what I've read seems overrated. Most players (e.g. PS3, blu-ray player, etc.) do a fine job of decoding anyway unless you have a very high-end AV receiver. They convert it to multi-channel PCM over the HDMI cable, which most receivers should be able to play back. Whether they upconvert from 5.1 to 6.1 or 7.1 is another story.

At a minimum, you should look for an HDMI 1.1 cable if it's for the 360. Any version higher is just gravy.[/quote]

how about the AWG number? does it have to be 28AWG like the cables in the link another person posted in this forum?

AWG is just the wire thickness and won't affect performance. You might as well buy HDMI 1.3 cable as they're dirt cheap at Monoprice.

Also note that if you use a standard HDMI cable with your 360, you'll need to output sound via the HDMI cable too. There's not room to connect the regular 360 component cable with digital optical output while an HDMI cable is plugged in unless you mod the cable.

I tried ordered one of these last night, but signed up for a free 30 day prime trial at checkout to receive 2nd day shipping free. BIG MISTAKE!

After fighting with the system for about 30 minutes I used an alternate account. I logged in and did the same thing (no prime) and it worked no problem.

Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back