Xbox 360 Charge Cable $5.13 FS

Useless for lack of the battery, considering M$ seems to be forcing us to buy a play and charge everytime we just want a battery. The batteries for sale on Amazon have been of controversial age and functionality.

Why no sell first party batteries for 360 controllers alone?

Thanks for pointing out that there weren't any batteries, Lightning War, I coulda boned myself on that one.

These won't charge up a set of rechargable AA batteries if they are in the controller will they? I'm thinking no, but thought i'd check.

i hate these... they all act wonky after a few months and stop charging thru certain controllers. just get the kind that charges from the wall... works perfectly every time.

but no they won't charge regular rechargeable batteries, but they do work without a battery, at least the official ones do. just works as a pseudo wired controller.

[quote name='foreinter']Just buy 4 eneloop or duracell precharged batteries. You're good for a while.[/QUOTE]
And you can use these forever on other devices. Play and charge kits are a waste of money.

[quote name='GohanX']These won't charge up a set of rechargable AA batteries if they are in the controller will they? I'm thinking no, but thought i'd check.[/QUOTE]

Nope, play-n-charge cables do NOT work to charge rechargable AA batteries. but investing in your own set of rechargable AAs, and a charger, is likely worth you while. As mentioned, you can then use those batteries for other devices too.

[quote name='Wario64']And you can use these forever on other devices. Play and charge kits are a waste of money.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Now if this were really a Play and Charge Kit for $5.13, it would be worth it. But this is a third-party cable, nothing more. That might be useful to someone who lost their charging cable, but it's not what people who click on this thread want to buy. It's not a kit. It's not capable of Play & Charge (without the separate rechargeable battery pack). Hell, it's not even Black. Someone needs to change the thread title.

[quote name='bugeeker']Nope, play-n-charge cables do NOT work to charge rechargable AA batteries. but investing in your own set of rechargable AAs, and a charger, is likely worth you while. As mentioned, you can then use those batteries for other devices too.[/QUOTE]

I've got a big Radio Shack charger, but sometimes the controller dies and you can't find any more batteries with a full charge! I usually just steal the batteries from the Wiimote, or vice versa.

Bought the pink ones which are 5$ each. And I got charged Tax in CA WTF !!!

Crap, went back and looked at the order and it was not actually an amazon product, but was being shipped by a 3rd part reseller.

Reviews say 6 hours for the Nyko Play n charge... umm you do realize you can get like 30-40 hours out of even a cheap set of rechargable batteries... I seem to be able to get more than even the advertised up to 30 hours of battery life of the Xbox 360 controller. I am only using super cheap 2000 mah batteries that are years old already. I can't imagine how long these controllers would last on eneloops, probably forever. Of course I don't use a headset as I play mostly single player, I have no idea if that has any impact on controller battery life but I do have the chatpad attached to my controller.

My point is that if you buy a recharger and some batteries you will be all set for a very long time, these battery packs are a waste of money as you can only use the batteries in one thing and rechargables you can use in anything that uses AA batteries.

I have seen standard rechargable AA batteries for as low as $6 a pack at big lots.

I dislike those nyko packs. They're a tight fit on my controllers, and a few weeks ago, one of my controller's battery clips had a huge crack in it that I attribute to having the nyko pack in it.

[quote name='foreinter']Just buy 4 eneloop or duracell precharged batteries. You're good for a while.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, get the big Eneloop set on Amazon and you're good to go for many things- the batteries are not made in china either! I use them on my 360 controller and my cameras.

The Nyko packs have damaged my cousin's controllers, the battery pack part on the back is now cracked on one of them. Not worth the risk.

The eneloops don't even cost any more than rechargable batteries at the store in fact they probably cost less. The only downside to eneloops is they are hard to find at least where I live, I don't have a costco nearby or even in my area at all and Sam's doesn't stock eneloop batteries, so there are no physical stores to get them at here. The only place I know of online that stocks them is Amazon.

[quote name='Y2Bogus']I dislike those nyko packs. They're a tight fit on my controllers, and a few weeks ago, one of my controller's battery clips had a huge crack in it that I attribute to having the nyko pack in it.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get Nykos because they do not fit in the Microsoft charger- you are forced to buy Nyko's own charger.

I don't use play n' charge cables. No leash!

Also re: AA rechargables, I wish someone would test how much charge these hold vs. the 360 rechargeable when new. I would guess that there is nothing revolutionary about the 360 rechargables and AA rechargables are probably 1/4 the price. Then again, I don't care that much, I go for the convenience.

If you want to go hardcore into rechargeable territory, this is the charger to get.

I have no idea how to test a play N charge, or other battery pack, but I do know the play n charge kits are just 2 AA rechargeables soldered together (they might even be eneloops from what I hear), as are most battery packs that aren't lithium ion. The batteries are soldered together and they use a different charging method than a regular battery charger.

I have the Lacrosse charger, no I didn't pay $80 for it though, I paid like $30 when I got it on sale one time. I can tell you that I am using 2 cheap AA batteries and getting about 35-40 hours out of them until the controller starts blinking, it would be longer if I let them die out in the controller.

If the nyko packs really only do last 6 hours of playtime like the review said on amazon then that is horrible battery life, they must be putting something like 600mah batteries in them...

You could be getting away with buying the Lacrosse charger and the cheapest rechargables you can find and you would probably do very well with a 360 controller. Lacrosse makes other chargers that do the same thing and aren't as expensive as the $80 one. Like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Techno...OV50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325639470&sr=8-1

The Wii controller uses significantly more power, I have seen rechargable batteries of mine go down to the red within 4-5 hours of playtime with the Wii controller. Powering a Wii controller for long play sessions is definitely a problem, probably best handled by eneloops.

bread's done
Back