Xbox 360 Classics - aka, platinum hits

Wow, it's almost like I'm psychic... how did I know MS would choose these same two games and just drop the price another $10?

That is some fugly packaging, the cover art dosen't even take up the whole cover? I'm not one of those people who complain about not wanting GH games, but I'll actually make the extra effort not to get some generic looking crap like this.

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, it's almost like I'm psychic... how did I know MS would choose these same two games and just drop the price another $10?

That is some fugly packaging, the cover art dosen't even take up the whole cover? I'm not one of those people who complain about not wanting GH games, but I'll actually make the extra effort not to get some generic looking crap like this.[/QUOTE]
Same here

[quote name='Scorch']I'm suprised PGR3 wasn't inducted as well.[/QUOTE]

That just dropped that to $29.99, and I'd imagine sales of that are still steady, and it's a good game.

How I see it with PDZ and Kameo is that after awhile the game just stagnants and nobody cares, but with each new price drop they get a wave of people trying it out, which is why they keep dropping the price.

They are basacially snagging people with the price and not the quality.

Well, it's the euro covers so at least there's some possability of a change of cover. Might be a good time to snatch up Kameo and PDZ now at the $19.99 price to avoid this packaging.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Well, it's the euro covers so at least there's some possability of a change of cover. Might be a good time to snatch up Kameo and PDZ now at the $19.99 price to avoid this packaging.[/QUOTE]

Kameo and PDZ are $29.99.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']well weren't they $20 at Sears or CC at one point?[/QUOTE]

Yea, off and on.

Just waiting for Best Buy to do it so I can grab Kameo for $14.99 after a GGC.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yea, off and on.

Just waiting for Best Buy to do it so I can grab Kameo for $14.99 after a GGC.[/quote]

are PDZ and Kameo worth 15 after GGC? or should rentals suffice?

[quote name='swetooth9']are PDZ and Kameo worth 15 after GGC? or should rentals suffice?[/QUOTE]

I thought the demo of PDZ was trash, and there are many better FPS's and games in general to play on the 360.

I thought the demo of Kameo was ok for a platformer, which is why I'd probably try it out for $15... I like platformers more than others, though. Most people generally didn't like Kameo.

I say try out the demo's, see for yourself, don't take my word for it.

[quote name='Roufuss']I thought the demo of PDZ was trash, and there are many better FPS's and games in general to play on the 360.

I thought the demo of Kameo was ok for a platformer, which is why I'd probably try it out for $15... I like platformers more than others, though. Most people generally didn't like Kameo.

I say try out the demo's, see for yourself, don't take my word for it.[/quote]

will do...360 should be arriving Tuesday of next week :)

[quote name='Roufuss']Wow, it's almost like I'm psychic... how did I know MS would choose these same two games and just drop the price another $10?

That is some fugly packaging, the cover art dosen't even take up the whole cover? I'm not one of those people who complain about not wanting GH games, but I'll actually make the extra effort not to get some generic looking crap like this.[/QUOTE]

It's worth noting that they have shitty covers like this all the time in the UK. Most budget priced rereleases have a frame of some sort around the original cover art... and it always looks like shit.

Microsoft ExpertZone Hits.

Retail: $0.00 + Shipping and Handling

[quote name='Brak']Microsoft ExpertZone Hits.

Retail: $0.00 + Shipping and Handling[/QUOTE]

It's actually like "$4.99 (program fess) + S&H ($5 something)" which comes out to be $10.XX for me.

I don't want to waste points on Kameo, either, but the stupid site is taking forever getting N3 available.

Jesus Christ, I thought the budget lines this generation might have less ugly looking cover art, not worse. Those covers are a crime against humanity. Why can't MS & Sony copy Nintendo on this and just have a nice and small extra banner at the top of budget titles instead of this shit.

I'd give Kameo a shot at $20 or less. I picked up a used PDZ last week for $17.99 at Rhino (the collector's ed, no less) and I took it back a couple days later. If it drops to

[quote name='Roufuss']It's actually like "$4.99 (program fess) + S&H ($5 something)" which comes out to be $10.XX for me.

I don't want to waste points on Kameo, either, but the stupid site is taking forever getting N3 available.[/quote]

it's take like two months

[quote name='Roufuss']That just dropped that to $29.99, and I'd imagine sales of that are still steady, and it's a good game.

How I see it with PDZ and Kameo is that after awhile the game just stagnants and nobody cares, but with each new price drop they get a wave of people trying it out, which is why they keep dropping the price.

They are basacially snagging people with the price and not the quality.[/QUOTE]

You could say the same about most PH/GH/PC games. Some are all-time classics but most are merely items that did good business and won themselves continuing existence on the bargain shelf. They may not be the greatest of games but they'll generally be worth the price to new console buyers, especially parents, still recovering from the expenditure.

This goes on no matter how far the console price drops. It just reaches more people with lesser disposable income.

PDZ and Kameo owe a lot of their sales to being launch titles but such is the way of the world. The same could be said for Luigi's Mansion. Decent game but people were expecting a hell of a lot more from the flagship franchise at launch, especially since Nintendo had previously had killer launch titles for all but the Virtual Boy. If PDZ and Kameo had launched a year later they'd make better use of the 360 but so would the competition.

If I saw either one for $10, though, I'd snatch it up in anticipation of when I have a 360 of my own. Getting the list price down to the PH range makes that more likely. We've seen plenty of case where retailers blow out games for a ridiculously low price once a PH/GH/PC version also needs shelf space. The recent Circuit City blowout had several examples.

Well It's nice to know Platnium Hits are on the way, even if one of those titles I probably won't buy. Down the road we will be able to score some cheap 360 titles.

[quote name='Stuka']Jesus Christ, I thought the budget lines this generation might have less ugly looking cover art, not worse. Those covers are a crime against humanity. Why can't MS & Sony copy Nintendo on this and just have a nice and small extra banner at the top of budget titles instead of this shit.[/QUOTE]

very true.. I actually think that the Nintendo Players Choice covers attract attention a bit better than the standard covers. That bright yellow isn't a common color choice in most games' cover art and definetly stands out against the typical gamecube black. I don't know if that was the intention, but it has a good effect for such a small space.

Microsoft would be smarter just to print budget 360 games with the same covers, and supply retailers with displays/endcaps that advertise the budget price. There's typically a section just for the budget titles anyway, so the new cover isn't so necessary.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's worth noting that they have shitty covers like this all the time in the UK. Most budget priced rereleases have a frame of some sort around the original cover art... and it always looks like shit.[/QUOTE]

The Japanese PS2 budget games also has a frame around the box art. However they dont look so bad.

Yikes. Another reason to pity Europeans... ah well. My guess is that the big MS 3 see a Platinum hit $20 price tag come early November for the holiday push. Hopefully the packaging will improve by then.

bread's done
Back