Xbox 360 defects: an inside history of Microsoft’s video game console woes

I can still remember everybody (microsoft and those in denial) not too long after the launch talking about its normal defect rate when anybody with half a brain knew those things were dying left and right.

I'll say this, I know I won't rush out the buy the next Microsoft console when it comes out. Heck, I didn't for the 360. I didn't buy one until the Elite came out. The only reason I put up with it now is because I have put a lot of money into software from the 360 whether it be discs or downloads on Live.

I liked this guy's first two books about the first two XBox consoles - the first one was fantastic, the second one was good but badly needed an editor. I was hoping there would be a third when the next console comes out, but this looks like it may have to do instead. Good read regardless.

I don't even think I'll buy the next Xbox. I'm on my third one already and this one has started to make some weird noises already. It's a big disappointment really. The 360 has so much promise if Microsoft would just get the damn thing to work for longer than nine months.

bread's done
Back