Xbox 360 Elite $204.99 @ Dell.com

i also got the same error, message. i was about to buy an elite off amazon, but then my friend pointed me to this post. i really hope it gets back up.

anyone having any luck in maybe getting around the error?

[quote name='RoodyPooUS']I wonder how much my 20GB Xbox 360 will sell for. Maybe $100?[/QUOTE]

Hard to say, but I'm wondering the same thing. I thought about giving mine a try on Craigslist for $150 or so with a game or two if I get an Elite and get everything transferred over. It's not a "deal", but compared to what I see people charging for junk on Craigslist, it's not that bad.

Also, Amazon has the new Elite holiday bundle in stock for those interested. Pure's demo wasn't bad, and Lego Batman is a decent game to have around for offline co-op.

I have an arcade and was in the market for a 120 GB hard drive, I just got one, but for $20 more I got an XBox to go with it.

[quote name='Rodster']Holy sh*t a launch 360 that's lasted 4 years. Dude you just broke a record. Call MS to see if they'll trade you. :D[/QUOTE]

LOL! Well actually dude, from what i heard and correct me if i am wrong, but i was under the impression that the launch units were actually built a little better than the 2nd wave units and beyond. Which goes against everything that i have ever experienced before in my extensive gaming history. ( I have been into gaming since the days of PONG when I was a child, and if you look at my user name to the left and do the math you can figure out how old I am now... :) Anyhoo, its always been my experience as an "early adapter" that the first wave of units are NEVER up to par with the 2nd and 3rd waves down the road, thats usually when the kinks are worked out. But with my 360 it was the first time that being an early adapter really worked out well for me......With that being said I am still really scared that mine is going to do the RROD thing like my friends launch unit did a few weeks ago.....I REALLY WANTED THIS DELL DEAL!

[quote name='hoho-jijo']Does Microsoft still send you a data migration kit?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure. I know you can transfer the licenses through Xbox.com (there's a video with Major Nelson detailing it), but as for saved games and such I'm not sure. I was hoping I could put them on a USB drive, but I'm not sure if that would work or not.

shoot, I ordered it but it's not showing up on my bing cashback page.
this is the first time I've used bing cashback, does it usually show up right away?

[quote name='akaMauricio']shoot, I ordered it but it's not showing up on my bing cashback page.
this is the first time I've used bing cashback, does it usually show up right away?[/QUOTE]

No, dont sweat it dude it may take a day or 2. I actually used the bing cashback thing quite a bit and i have never had a problem, and they have NEVER shown up right away for me either. You should be getting an email from bing at some point as well (may also take a day or 2) confirming that they are processing your rebate.....

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']LOL! Well actually dude, from what i heard and correct me if i am wrong, but i was under the impression that the launch units were actually built a little better than the 2nd wave units and beyond. Which goes against everything that i have ever experienced before in my extensive gaming history. ( I have been into gaming since the days of PONG when I was a child, and if you look at my user name to the left and do the math you can figure out how old I am now... :) Anyhoo, its always been my experience as an "early adapter" that the first wave of units are NEVER up to par with the 2nd and 3rd waves down the road, thats usually when the kinks are worked out. But with my 360 it was the first time that being an early adapter really worked out well for me......With that being said I am still really scared that mine is going to do the RROD thing like my friends launch unit did a few weeks ago.....I REALLY WANTED THIS DELL DEAL![/QUOTE]

In the past that was true but this generation it's the opposite. The original 360's had a failure rate of around 90%. They are more reliable when Microsoft switched to the Falcon then the Jasper motherboards. The original PS3's are also built like crap with a high YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death) and Blu Ray drive lens failure rate.

My original launch 360 lasted 17 months with little use, i'm on my third 360. They are much more reliable with the Jasper chipset and motherboard.

So to wrap things up call Microsoft and tell them your launch 360 is still flawless. I'm sure they'll swap it out for a new one cause it will be entered in the Smithsonian Institute. :applause:

[quote name='Rodster']

So to wrap things up call Microsoft and tell them your launch 360 is still flawless. I'm sure they'll swap it out for a new one cause it will be entered in the Smithsonian Institute. :applause:[/QUOTE]

SWEET!!! I hope they put it next to fonzies jacket or archie bunkers chair!!!!! \\:D/ \\:D/

i have had my 360 since launch, and with heavy use, has not had any errors. Do i get an award?

[quote name='mrmagoo1974']No, dont sweat it dude it may take a day or 2. I actually used the bing cashback thing quite a bit and i have never had a problem, and they have NEVER shown up right away for me either. You should be getting an email from bing at some point as well (may also take a day or 2) confirming that they are processing your rebate.....[/QUOTE]

oh, ok. thanks dude.
yeah, cause the bing cashback really makes the deal for me. I'm really trying to limit my spending right now and I don't think i would have gotten it with out the bing cashback.

[quote name='Rodster']The original PS3's are also built like crap with a high YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death) and Blu Ray drive lens failure rate.
[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of this.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I suppose this should be moved to the Graveyard now. Too bad this deal dies so quickly.[/QUOTE]

i think they just sold out, they may restock, so give it til oct. 4th, that's what i'm doin

[quote name='sephiroth61787']First I've heard of this.[/QUOTE]
It happens. I've gotten 2 PS3, both had bad drives. RMA'd the second one and is working fine ever since.

[quote name='Fionic']i have had my 360 since launch, and with heavy use, has not had any errors. Do i get an award?[/QUOTE]

achievement unlocked

[quote name='backseatdog']achievement unlocked[/QUOTE]

Achievement.aspx

[quote name='Fionic']i think they just sold out, they may restock, so give it til oct. 4th, that's what i'm doin[/QUOTE]

i'm hopoing they restock. Ill be all over it if they do.

Yes looks like it's dead again, every time Dell puts this deal up it goes OOS in hours. So glad I got one this time. They have been relatively quick to restock though (1.5 weeks - close to the rebate cut off but keep an eye out) - if I were you I'd make it a habit of checking their site and CAG pretty much daily. Had to buy mine at work, lol. Regardless currently dead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty amazing deal. I got my Pro for 220 a year ago. I can't believe how fast this drop is, I remember it taking forever for the Xbox and PS2 to drop $100 or maybe my perception is wrong since those systems didn't have that high of a launch price as this gen

[quote name='wynams']in for one, $160.24 shipped after bing and rebate (no Dell tax in OR)
unsure if keeping or craigslist/half/ebay flipping as I don't have room in media room and need blu-ray (ps3)[/QUOTE]

Dell made up my mind for me ... checked status today, updated delivery is mid November. Going to cancel the order (no rebate, no thanks)

I just signed up for this site to say the exact same thing to you guys!

I got in on the discounted deal on the 29th and today, i looked at my estimated delivery date, and it has gone from 10/5/09 originally to 11/16/09

1. Why am i giving an interest free loan to Dell for 50 or so days?

2. How is it that they won't get a shipment for an entire month and a half?

3. It'd be a gamble to wait until the xbox got to me the same week the rebate ends would it not?!?!!

So does anyone think this date will be revised again to sometime in the next few weeks?

if not, i'm canceling too. This is B. S.

Also.........hi, and sorry for intruding hahaha

[quote name='justanfyi']I just signed up for this site to say the exact same thing to you guys!

1. Why am i giving an interest free loan to Dell for 50 or so days?

2. How is it that they won't get a shipment for an entire month and a half?

3. It'd be a gamble to wait until the xbox got to me the same week the rebate ends would it not?!?!!

[/QUOTE]

1. If they don't charge you until it ships, you aren't giving them an interest-free loan
2. If they have a backlog of systems ordered already, and they use FIFO shipping, they could have enough orders already placed so that they don't think they be able to fill new orders for a month and a half. Plus, they are known to greatly over-estimate the time it takes to get more stock in.
3. Yeah, that would be a gamble.

1. 09/29/2009 7399 DELL SALES & SERVICE $275.39 - they charge day of order.
2. It's FIFO by region. So it's a crap shot.
3. Yes it's a gamble.

Mine has been delayed until 11/16 also. I'm not going to delete my order. I'm just going to let it ride and see what happens. I have until 11/20 to send in the rebate, if it ships on 11/16 it will get here 11/18 and give me plenty of time to send in the rebate.

OK first they don't actually have any at all or have any intention of getting any more in to fill your order. Second you need to have the Elite purchased by the 5th and the date dell will have on your invoice (which is the important one for the rebate) will be the date your product ships not that date that Dell takes the money from you and holds it in limbo.

This is info I got firsthand from talking to Dell after having them bail out on me on both this elite deal and the $200 pro deal. Yea I am not happy with dell.

got the same info re:rebate date. I don't really want an Elite so I called in to cancel. CSR offered me $25 off, I said rebate this delay making me miss out on is $50 .. Give me $50 off and I won't cancel. CSR said could not do so I canceled.

even if you are going to keep your order in, you could prolly still call in bluffing a cancel for a credit.

Oh Dell how you suck. I also got the delayed order to November. I'm wondering if they aren't getting any more elites of the type we got in and are only going to be getting the holiday bundles... which are delaying our orders. I'm going to call and cancel mine.

[quote name='SoundOfLight']Oh Dell how you suck. I also got the delayed order to November. I'm wondering if they aren't getting any more elites of the type we got in and are only going to be getting the holiday bundles... which are delaying our orders. I'm going to call and cancel mine.[/QUOTE]

According to Dell the item we all ordered, is out of stock and discontinued. If you keep your order open you'll likely get subbed the holiday bundle - or they'll just keep your order open for months. One of the two.

[quote name='JuanoTejano']Second you need to have the Elite purchased by the 5th and the date dell will have on your invoice (which is the important one for the rebate) will be the date your product ships not that date that Dell takes the money from you and holds it in limbo.[/QUOTE]

So you don't think it's possible for me to send in the e-mail of Order Confirmation that has dates and such on it for when i "made the purchase" technically?

I think the schmuck that's checking these rebates will think that's fine personally

In the market for an elite, this seems like the best deal. I will wait to the fourth to see if Dell updates... even without the 50 dollar rebate mail in this still seems like a great deal... better than going the refurbished route. I will be giving my old 20 gb to my brothers...

Thanks for the heads up everyone

Justanfyi:

That's up to you but I wouldn't take that chance.

Tekron:

You will want to read some of the post above you, Dell doesn't have any xbox consoles and hasn't since around the time the two good deals they had went live. They have intention of fulfilling any orders that haven't already shipped, they have delayed almost all of the orders they have taken for six weeks and upon questioning them have said that they orders would just be canceled at that point.

Thanks for the reply, Juano. Seems my post was admittedly premature.. for lack of better terms. As an apology, please check the main thread view for a deal I found hunting around for the past couple hours. 216 shipped from the big O

this has happened to me before with dell. they delayed my order twice, but for the second delay they said they needed my permission to continue processing my order.
I had to reply by 9pm cst on the same day they sent me the email.
and then they went ahead shipped out my order the next day. i got my order three days after i replied to their email.

so watch out if you get an email like that from dell. they may just be trying to get orders canceled.

I just went to Meijer today and bought one with the 10% off coupon they had. $286 w/tax - $50 = $236. Sure, it's more, but I know for sure it's a Jasper and I've got it on hand for the rebate w/o sweating whether someone will ship in time.

Weird thing happened to me. I had called them on the phone earlier in the week tha first time the deal went up, and they were all out. The customer service rep told me they were all out, but said he would call me back when they got more in. I was "lucky" the second time and actually was able to order one before they disappeared from the site, but I got the same e-mail everyone else did about it being delayed until 11/16.

Well, yesterday that same rep I had talked to earlier in the week called me back and offered me the holiday bundle elite for $299. I told him no because I wanted the discounts, and he talked to his supervisor and was able to get me the 15% off even though the coupon has hit its limit of uses. He assured me it would ship on Monday (so I would still be eligible for the rebate) and the confirmation e-mail has my estimated arrival on or before Oct. 8th, and it now says "xbox 360 elite bundle" instead of my prior order saying "xbox 360 elite".

When I checked their website earlier, I couldn't find the bundle listed yet, so I really have no idea how this all worked out. The one caveat is I had to sign up for a Dell preferred account for him to be able to sell it to me (which I don't mind because it is no interest as long as I pay it off within 30 days, which isn't a problem for me).

The rep also told me that my previous order is just going to eventually be cancelled because they are not selling that model, confirming what others have said.

Figured something like that'd be the case nice win for you pugs, although Dell is famous for subbing items, so maybe some of our members will get the holiday bundles subbed to them.

The more I thought about it the more I realized this was an okay deal for a 360 Elite. I say that because if you're looking for a black Elite that's one thing but in the future all 360's will come with a 120GB drive and periodically will go on sale at Dell.com

I actually prefer white over a black console as white hides dust and fingerprints a little better. Now Pugs got a solid deal for a holiday bundle. :applause:

[quote name='Spinshag']It's back. I can't get the coupons to work though.[/QUOTE]

That's because the coupons have reached there limit. Also it says the Elite is temporarily OoS.

Yeah, it's up as oos, and the coupons are expired. I'm hoping that the fact that they put it back up is a good sign somehow though...

Does everyone think its worth it just to wait? It doesnt look like youll get the $50 from MS if they ship on the specified date (11/16). Im pretty pissed it isnt here already.

incidentally, has anyone ever had a used 360 (or one past its warranty), bought a new one from target or wal-mart, and taken back the used one for a full refund? not saying i would do this, just curious.

you can't do that with consoles because retailers scan the serial barcode when you buy it from them. of course you wouldn't even think about doing this...riiiight. i wasn't born yesterday

bread's done
Back