Xbox 360 Elite $204.99 @ Dell.com

Meh, I got a similar deal from a company that didn't lie to me multiple times. I'm happy that Dell ended up not screwing you over but they have still lost me.

I picked up an elite Monday at BB. My old elite was just sent back to Microsoft for the 3rd time in last 2 months. Every time I get it back, it is dead again 5 days later. (E73, E74, and Overheating) Anyways I go to play my new one last night. In the limited amount of time playing it. The dang thing froze twice and then started to give me dirty disk read errors on a brand new disk. Something is not right. Do you think I should give it more time or go try to exchange it? I just don't want to mess up my rebate.

[quote name='Greg1003']I picked up an elite Monday at BB. My old elite was just sent back to Microsoft for the 3rd time in last 2 months. Every time I get it back, it is dead again 5 days later. (E73, E74, and Overheating) Anyways I go to play my new one last night. In the limited amount of time playing it. The dang thing froze twice and then started to give me dirty disk read errors on a brand new disk. Something is not right. Do you think I should give it more time or go try to exchange it? I just don't want to mess up my rebate.[/QUOTE]

Is your house built on some sort of Indian burial ground perhaps?

[quote name='bg2001']Mine shipped today (ordered 9/29). Looks like that rebate is going to be YMMV for me.[/QUOTE]
consider yourself lucky I ordered on 9/22 and got an estimated ship date of 10/8 and yesterday it was updated to 10/13

I'm still mixed as to the cleverness of my cancel. On one hand, the rebate would have been YMMV to bring it under $200. On the other, I would have likely received the Elite well before 11/16 and Dell offered me $25 to not cancel (Bing was already showing up as well) ... agh!

Hopefully there will be some $200 Elites to be had this black friday.

[quote name='Greg1003']I picked up an elite Monday at BB. My old elite was just sent back to Microsoft for the 3rd time in last 2 months. Every time I get it back, it is dead again 5 days later. (E73, E74, and Overheating) Anyways I go to play my new one last night. In the limited amount of time playing it. The dang thing froze twice and then started to give me dirty disk read errors on a brand new disk. Something is not right. Do you think I should give it more time or go try to exchange it? I just don't want to mess up my rebate.[/QUOTE]

You might want to try another game...some games are more problematic than others....I remember reading that some folks where having problems with Halo 3 ODST locking up. If it keeps happens on different games, take it back

I would exchange it ASAP, not a good omen

Well, my Dell order just arrived....I guess I was one of the lucky ones from 9/22. It is a new, white box Elite with a build date in early Aug 09 and is NOT the holiday bundle (which I'm cool with since I prefer the rebate over two games I wasn't that interested in).

[quote name='SpazX']Mine's still not shipped....hopefully it shipped today or yesterday and they just haven't updated it...[/QUOTE]

Same issue. The order date was still within the time frame.

May have to call and complain.

[quote name='fbTurbine']consider yourself lucky I ordered on 9/22 and got an estimated ship date of 10/8 and yesterday it was updated to 10/13[/QUOTE]

VERY lucky. The order status when it shipped still said "estimated delivery 11/18". Got it today and the paperwork inside even says 10/5/09 on it. Whew.

I am a huge PS3 fanboy, but I think I can safely say, without any fanboyism - RETURN THAT SUCKER AND BUY A PS3!

I finally got a shipped email, but the delivery date is still the same and there's no tracking.

I'm hoping they actually shipped it though...

[quote name='SpazX']I finally got a shipped email, but the delivery date is still the same and there's no tracking.

I'm hoping they actually shipped it though...[/QUOTE]

Dell is messed up. I received my xbox live subscription cards last night. Today when I opened my email. I had an email from this morning telling me my order is delayed. :lol:

[quote name='bg2001']I am a huge PS3 fanboy, but I think I can safely say, without any fanboyism - RETURN THAT SUCKER AND BUY A PS3![/QUOTE]

Yeah nothing like objective reasoning. :booty:

I received mine yesterday and im trying to do the xbox rebate on the site..

The problem is there asking for a sales receipt I have my order confirmation.. but it just states estimated delivery date.. not the actual date i ordered it...

it also asks for the ORIGINAL UPC Code from the product box with the product name and barcode clearly identified from the product

So do i tear of the sticker or do i just take a picture lol?

Can someone tell me thats already done this.

mine was shipped today (also ordered 9/29). ups says its arriving tomorrow. shit yeah. now someone point me to some deals on games (gta4, halo 3, cod 4, etc).

[quote name='vegisgod']I received mine yesterday and im trying to do the xbox rebate on the site..

The problem is there asking for a sales receipt I have my order confirmation.. but it just states estimated delivery date.. not the actual date i ordered it...

it also asks for the ORIGINAL UPC Code from the product box with the product name and barcode clearly identified from the product

So do i tear of the sticker or do i just take a picture lol?

Can someone tell me thats already done this.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't try tearing off the UPC sticker unless you're good at it, you'll probably have to cut that fucker out of the box. A scan or picture isn't going to do since they want the original.

As for the sales receipt the packed in invoice would probably work best, if it doesn't have the order date I'm going to throw in the email or screenshot or something to make sure it's clear I ordered before the 5th.

Yeah, a packing slip counts as a receipt. Just cut out the original UPC.

This is a good deal even compared to when I bought my new 360 for $300 ($100 under MSRP at the time) over a year ago. Dell have become the masters of console deals. Looks like consoles are poised to drop $50 a year until they hit ye ol' $99 price point now.

I peeled my UPC label off very carefully using a razor blade. No damage at all to the box or UPC. Just make sure you have an index card or something nearby to stick it on, so it doesn't curl up. Also, before you mail it all out (send it certified or with delivery confirmation, so you'll have proof), make copies of everything for your records.

[quote name='Demontooth']Man...that JuanoTejano dude back on page 5 was just plain wrong.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess that's what he gets for believing Dell customer service :p.

Alright, nevermind, I was assuming it was updating slow, but fedex didn't even pick up the package until like...now. So I won't get it until Monday thanks to 2-day shipping over a weekend (it was picked up from a place about 2 hours away though, so...maybe tomorrow?).

[quote name='D4rkShaDoWz']Mine somehow shipped last night and was delivered to my door today. And it's the Holiday Batman one too! :D[/QUOTE]

What city/state did yours ship from?

Mine is coming on Friday, hopefully it came from the same warehouse as yours.

So is there a transfer cable bouncing around that I could borrow? Seems stupid to pay for one and they definitely aren't in the box right?

Deff. not in the box. Someone in Request Deals was looking for one I don't know if they found it or not. Check it out.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Any chance for another rebate soon?[/QUOTE]

unlikely now that the holiday bundles are starting to roll out, although historically there have been gift card promos around November or so.

[quote name='Demontooth']Man...that JuanoTejano dude back on page 5 was just plain wrong.[/QUOTE]

I did nothing wrong. I accurately conveyed the information I was given and also gave my sources. I talked to 3 separate Dell CSR people on the phone regarding my two different orders of the Xbox Elite and Pro they told me that while my order was successfully placed on 9/25 with a expected arrival of 10/5 that it had been delayed to 11/16 (IIRC) because of the fact that they had none to ship out and would not be receiving any more or filling any orders placed around the same time or after mine and that at the end of the extra 6 weeks my order and ones placed after mine would be canceled. Now apparently Dell either got more in or the 3 people I talked to were wrong in the first place but you can't say I was wrong.

[quote name='D4rkShaDoWz']Mine somehow shipped last night and was delivered to my door today. And it's the Holiday Batman one too! :D[/QUOTE]

Just checked and mine says it was shipped 10/7 too. Fedex says it's at the local distro and will be delivered today. But Dell does not list it as the bundle.

Yay, I won't be getting it today, because even though it started out about an hour and 40 mins away from my apartment (and was picked up about 13 hours ago) it just went about 180 miles in the opposite direction.

God I fucking hate FedEx, they're the worst carrier I know. I should have known it would be fucked up as soon as I saw they used FedEx.

1. UPS & USPS Tie
2. 5-year-old pulling a red wagon
3. FedEx

[quote name='JuanoTejano']I did nothing wrong. I accurately conveyed the information I was given and also gave my sources. I talked to 3 separate Dell CSR people on the phone regarding my two different orders of the Xbox Elite and Pro they told me that while my order was successfully placed on 9/25 with a expected arrival of 10/5 that it had been delayed to 11/16 (IIRC) because of the fact that they had none to ship out and would not be receiving any more or filling any orders placed around the same time or after mine and that at the end of the extra 6 weeks my order and ones placed after mine would be canceled. Now apparently Dell either got more in or the 3 people I talked to were wrong in the first place but you can't say I was wrong.[/QUOTE]

I got the exact same info as you. I canceled, and I'm glad I did - even if it was a $30 difference. I'd rather pay the $30 then give my money to a company that's full of such douchebaggery.

mine showed up today. however, i am at work and have no way of knowing if its the holiday or not.

does the elite rebate not work with the holiday edition?

[quote name='ofacto']What city/state did yours ship from?

Mine is coming on Friday, hopefully it came from the same warehouse as yours.[/QUOTE]

Mine shipped from PA and I'm in New York so I guess I get things extremely quick.

[quote name='usebigwords']mine showed up today. however, i am at work and have no way of knowing if its the holiday or not.

does the elite rebate not work with the holiday edition?[/QUOTE]

They didn't stipulate any exclusions on the website or on the rebate/instructions. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I read else where on this forum (either this thread or the main $50 MIR thread) that someone spoke with a CSR from Young America/MS who said that there were 6 SKUs that qualified for the rebate and that the 2009 holiday bundle was on that list.

[quote name='[email protected]']I called MS rebate and a very sweet and helpful lady said that they are 6 sku's that are eligible for the rebate. Both holiday bundles (this and last year) are on that list. I asked about the "holiday 2009 bundle" and she said "Yes, that is on here".[/QUOTE]

I can't wait to see if me trying help someone out by passing on the information I was given comes back and bites me in the ass again.

I am officially kicking myself for canceling this order. Grats to those who hung in! Report back your rebate success (to drive that sharp dagger deep enough I won't repeat this stupidity ;))

[quote name='D4rkShaDoWz']Mine shipped from PA and I'm in New York so I guess I get things extremely quick.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm in PA and my shipped from PA. And it went to fucking jersey first!

so i got the holiday package as well (shipped to wa), but they only gave me "pure" and did not include "lego batman". anyone else get screwed out of a game?

edit: haha. just had to flip the case over. works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back