Xbox 360 Hori Fighting Stick EX2 39.99 at EB/GS B&M

gkrykewy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
They're clearing out remaining stock at 39.99. The below link will search for local stock for you - just replace the last XXXXX with your ZIP code.

http://www.gamestop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802191&zip=XXXXX

EDIT: Actually, it looks like Cheapie's affiliate link is screwing with the locator link. Hmmm.. if it doesn't work for you, copy/paste the below link and remove the space from between "game" and "stop":

http://www.game stop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802191&zip=XXXXX

[quote name='B:L']http://www.game stop.com/productavail.asp?miles=50&sku=802608&zip=XXXXX[/quote]Holy crap, you rule. :shock:

Time to check and see if there's actually one around.

The link in the OP had me find a VF5 360 stick, just as it indicated. Nice pair to go with my DOA4 stick. Even better with use of the 10% off coupon.

[quote name='H-Town Info']is the ps3 hori stick compatible with the pc?[/QUOTE]

My friend picked one up cheap in the hopes that it would work for the fighting game ROMS, but there are no reports of working drivers for it so far.

There were a few claims people designed their own drivers, but none of those test out when people download them and try for themselves.

On the other hand, there is great support for getting this joystick (EX2) to work with emulators like FinalBurn, WinKawaks, MAME, etc.

Check the online inventory and there were two stores in 50 miles of me that had one. :shock:

One of them is the GS store closest to my house, so I headed out there right before they closed. It was hidden behind something larger than it, and it was in perfect shape, never been used.

Another use of the 10% coupon. :D

I tried the links (& removed the space bw game & stop in the 2nd one) but it just says Sorry no results found & there is nowhere to click or enter any information like zip code or anything. edit: also tried searching their site with keywords: stick, hori, arcade, arcade stick, etc, as well as searching under the links for xbox 360 controllers and don't see it listed.

[quote name='m0rningbreakfast']My friend picked one up cheap in the hopes that it would work for the fighting game ROMS, but there are no reports of working drivers for it so far.

There were a few claims people designed their own drivers, but none of those test out when people download them and try for themselves.

On the other hand, there is great support for getting this joystick (EX2) to work with emulators like FinalBurn, WinKawaks, MAME, etc.[/QUOTE]

i guess i'll buy the 360 version and also i have melty blood

[quote name='J7.']I tried the links (& removed the space bw game & stop in the 2nd one) but it just says Sorry no results found & there is nowhere to click or enter any information like zip code or anything. edit: also tried searching their site with keywords: stick, hori, arcade, arcade stick, etc, as well as searching under the links for xbox 360 controllers and don't see it listed.[/QUOTE]

You have to enter your ZIP code in the actual URL (link text) in place of the XXXXX at the end. There is no page for the item on the site.

[quote name='paean']Crap, the one I got today is defective. I don't think I can find another one, so much for that.[/quote]
which version did you buy? (ps3 or 360). i tested both of my fighting sticks (ps3) and they work fine. the turbo mode/button is a little confusing o_O

[quote name='lockey']thanks for the link :lol:[/QUOTE]

are any of the links working right now at 3:42am est? it worked for me earlier and curiously i tried checking store availability of army of two and that didn't work either

[quote name='tenzor']PS3 Hori Arcade Stick is $29.99 btw[/QUOTE]

Thanks I got the last one. It was in the back closet so the box was pretty beat up. It also doesn't work with the pc yet it says the name in the windows game controllers when I plugged it in.

Jackpot, I think i'm gonna grab one of these next time I make it out. $38ish with tax using the 10% coupon and the PC compatibility is icing on the cake for this deal! I wanted the DOA stick but the thing got to expensive before I decided to get one. In my local area 4+, 1-3 and then 3 stores in Cincy with 1-3.

Thanks OP

[quote name='massermind19']I couldn't get it to work for me. My zip is 68521 if any CAG would be kind enough to look it up for me. Thanks in advance![/quote]

I keep getting no results found for your zip code, changing your zip to mine I get a long list including the stores that do not have any in stock, weird.

I picked up a 360 arcade stick, thanks OP. I don't really care for the button layout or square gate, does anyone know how difficult it would be to switch the microswitches and swap out the gate?

I just got back from picking one up in the rain. I was worried I wouldnt get it because I saw availability drop since this was posted but I got presumably the last one that was hanging on a wall up against the ceiling. Thanks!

[quote name='YOUR BASE']I picked up a 360 arcade stick, thanks OP. I don't really care for the button layout or square gate, does anyone know how difficult it would be to switch the microswitches and swap out the gate?[/QUOTE]

There's a bunch of info online about modding this stick. Here's a tutorial on switching the gate, which is quite easy:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149488&referrerid=13029

Not sure about button layouts, but most games allow you to customize anyway. Here's a source for stick parts:

http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/arcade_parts.shtml

[quote name='LilPaintballer']hmmp, theyve got one in stock, do i want to dip about 35 bucks? if i m not that big into fighters, i only have doa4[/QUOTE]

They become a requirement if you're going to try and play fighting games at a certain skill level :)

I think i am going to pass on this. Already got a Hori stick for PS2, just need to get a good PS2-PS3 converter.

Thanks OP!

I had been wanting one but didn't want to pay the $60, had to go 20 miles away to find a store that had one, but grabbed it for $40 + $5 gas, last one they had.

Thanks for the tip, it is very well suited to many of my arcade games too.

If anyone wants to purchase the XBox 360 version, send me a PM. I bought one not long ago but hardly used it. I'll sell it for $40 shipped.

I picked one up for $36 and tax, and it looks pretty damn solid. One question - was this supposed to come with an instruction booklet? Mine didn't, but it did come with a page of VF5 stickers that I couldn't care less about...

[quote name='Ronin317']I picked one up for $36 and tax, and it looks pretty damn solid. One question - was this supposed to come with an instruction booklet? Mine didn't, but it did come with a page of VF5 stickers that I couldn't care less about...[/QUOTE]

same with mine

What would it instruct you on?

No they don't come with instruction booklets.

Some guy was selling his for $15 on Crags List so I one that way.

After missing out on one in Casselbury, I picked up the last one at the Waterford Lakes, Orlando, FL, store. Dinged up box like many others are reporting. Sure, the cardboard's not the stiffest, but I find it curious that so many are reporting them in this condition.

The sole one I found was in good condition. Hopefully I can score one more. Like one salesman said to me, the one he had was sitting in the back alone so don't be too surprised by the lackluster box qualities.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Are these joysticks clickly in the stick part like the Hori DOA4 stick was?[/quote]

Yes

[quote name='$hady']I keep getting no results found for your zip code, changing your zip to mine I get a long list including the stores that do not have any in stock, weird.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for trying for me. I might just have to go do the footwork today.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Are these joysticks clickly in the stick part like the Hori DOA4 stick was?

I hated that :([/QUOTE]

The DoA4 sticks are exactly the same as the EX2 but with different art.

[quote name='Bebop129']What would it instruct you on?

No they don't come with instruction booklets.

Some guy was selling his for $15 on Crags List so I one that way.[/quote]

Yeah...I don't need one, but 2 things here - A, I'm a completist - you could shrink almost every game from PSX on up that I own, and sell them as new and no one would know the difference. B, The box was a bit shelf-worn, and it looked like it may have been opened, so I was making sure.

[quote name='leehom']which version did you buy? (ps3 or 360). i tested both of my fighting sticks (ps3) and they work fine. the turbo mode/button is a little confusing o_O[/QUOTE]

Got the 360. Returned it today.

Thanks again OP picked one up today at the store I found on the item locator . I asked the guy if they had any and he had no clue what I was talking about.... he then went and came out with the crappy Atari looking controller.... Third try he brought out this stick stickered $59.99 rung up $39.99. Still had more in the back..... This is at the Florence Mall in northern KY if anyone is local and wanting one.

[quote name='$hady']Thanks again OP picked one up today at the store I found on the item locator . I asked the guy if they had any and he had no clue what I was talking about.... he then went and came out with the crappy Atari looking controller.... Third try he brought out this stick stickered $59.99 rung up $39.99. Still had more in the back..... This is at the Florence Mall in northern KY if anyone is local and wanting one.[/QUOTE]

heh yeah they thought I was talking about that madcatz arcade controller when I asked for it too.

41GurlD0q6L._SS500_.jpg

I guess the store availability is accurate (since the store I bought mine from reports 0 now), but it doesn't seem to be for one store in the local mall. Of course there are two stores in our mall, so maybe I should check out the other one this weekend. Fingers crossed...

I'm having trouble convincing myself this was worth it. There's only a handful of fighting games on the Xbox 360 (Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat). I guess I'll try the trial for SFII again since I wasn't happy with the Live Arcade version with the regular controller (totally worth on the Wii's Virtual Console though). This could be useful for several of the non-fighting Live Arcade games, but I don't think there's much use for the arcade stick. The only fighting game I own currently is VF5. Hopefully it will be worth it for Street Fighter 4 and Soul Calibur 4.

If this was for the PS2, I'd say totally worth it for all of those fighting games. Speaking of which, is the PS3 version of the fighting stick compatible with PS2 games in backwards compatibility mode? I just might have to buy the ones I saw at one of the Gamestops for $30 and save for later. EDIT: Did my homework. Nope.

has anyone tried the Wii one. Bought the 360 & Ps3 with the 10% off coupon (thanks for answering about the PS2 I assumed it would work). Also has anyone got it work on a pc?

Question:
[quote name='lockey']has anyone tried the Wii one. Bought the 360 & Ps3 with the 10% off coupon (thanks for answering about the PS2 I assumed it would work). Also has anyone got it work on a pc?[/quote]

Answer:
[quote name='mrjelloman']

On a side note, I was also able to get it to work on my PC to use with MAME and other emulators. It works like a charm! Here's the guide I followed:

http://www.theworldismeh.com/2007/0...ox-360-fighting-stick-ex2-for-use-in-windows/

Make sure to download and use the profile he links, as the trigger buttons are defaulted to analog, but they are considered digital on the joystick. After this, I was able to use the stick in MAME without issues. Just wanted to share the info![/quote]

According to replies in this thread the 360 one works for sure on the PC. I was already considering buying it and then when I read the post above I was completely sold on the thing. Will make a lovely MAME stick besides 360 use. :D

Thanks for the heads up on this. I grabbed one at my local Gamestop.

Makes playing Metal Slug feel like the Neo-Geo version :) Now bring on Soul Calibur!!!

bread's done
Back