Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

[quote name='jkircos']Did you guys see that they added an Omega Version? I can't believe its $2000!![/QUOTE]

Actually, I believe you're overstating the value of that bundle by 31 cents.

Sorry Cheapy, I had to steal that horrible joke...

ok.. i don't think i've put 2 grand into my xbox/PS2 and i have 4 controllers plus 20+ games each.. and live.. I'll wait till some games hit GH or PH before i bite..

I pre-ordered my XBox 360 at my local EBGames store a couple of weeks ago... The first thing I did was ask the guy if pre-ordering would guarantee me one on launch, based on the number of pre-orders he already had. He said he was 90% sure that I would get one. Furthermore, he said if I go based on the number of PSP's I got when they came in, you'll have one. I liked the odds, as surely the XBox 360 launch will be much bigger than the PSP. Let's hope I'll get one though. Nonetheless, I stopped in on Monday and asked if I had to change anything because of the news of the two consoles being offered. He said that nothing has come in as of yet concerning what they're going to do, but they will call people if any changes need to be made. I'm going for the $400 version, and will probably pick up 2-3 games based on launch reviews. I'm definitely going for Madden '06, though.... Already have around $550 bucks put aside for it, not including the 50 bucks I already had to lay down on it. I haven't put down anything else, just in case something goes wrong with the store or something, I don't want to be out of that much money. As for the bundles being offered online.... Well, they're freaking ridiculous. However, I'm sure plenty of people have already ordered them, and the orders will continue to build up as more people learn of the next generation of consoles to come out. With the right advertising and marketing, we may see another PS2 launch all over again, this time hopefully without the lack of consoles at launch. Let's hope everyone who wants one gets one on launch day!

[quote name='ph33r m3']Wtf type of marketing angle is this?
GameStop Informational Video
"Hey kids do you have 1,199.83$ + Tax which comes to about 1350? Well if you don't your parents do! I mean you deserve it Timmy! You failed only 2 classes this year, what are you parents going to say when you start bitching and saying "I hate you". That'll make your parents think your on the verge of suicide. Yah, those games which become greatest hits in 6 months! and sure you'll never use the HDD Drive! but just buy it so you can shove it in the face of that fat kid that always gets every new game out on the market."[/QUOTE]

R. O. F. L. ! :D :D :D

I'm awaiting the Xbox 360 Psychotic Bundle, which is $3000 and includes all the accessories, 2 copies of every game and a Gamecube.

[quote name='nogard']I was gonna order one, but the tax killed the deal. Tax was like $170+ for that bundle since I live in NY.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to factor in your MEDICAL fee's if you decide to take the train home with that bytch...gotta love NYC we all saw how many people were left like this :shock: while playing PSP on the platform...not to 4get the fact that I preordered mine at the 125th store in Harlem...:twoguns:

you could buy like 80 current gen games for $1000 .......that a could keep you busy til the Xbox 360 drops in price to $200............ so you'd still spend $1200

not trying to thread crap... but, i'm sure these won't be selling out. just like the psp, you'll be able to walk into a store and pick one up.

these things are just getting too expensive for just the average family to walk-in and just buy one. think of it too, with gas prices going up and spending 400 for a christmas gift? that's almost someone's entire christmas spending budget.

[quote name='crewj']i'm sure these won't be selling out. just like the psp, you'll be able to walk into a store and pick one up.

these things are just getting too expensive for just the average family to walk-in and just buy one. think of it too, with gas prices going up and spending 400 for a christmas gift? that's almost someone's entire christmas spending budget.[/QUOTE]

Very true........ I think the days of game systems being sold out are gone.... they are just too expensive to any average person to buy

[quote name='Kyattsuai']I'm awaiting the Xbox 360 Psychotic Bundle, which is $3000 and includes all the accessories, 2 copies of every game and a Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

Now that is a bundle! sign me up!

For the regular price of the 360 you could buy a GC bundle, Xbox, PS2 and a couple of GH games. Honestly, the launch games don't even look any better than the current xbox. The mainstream games won't be released until the PS3 launches anyways. I would love to wake up to 3 systems and a couple of games then 1 system with no games. However, I'm not rich like some people.

The additional problem with the bundles is that the games/accessories might suck. I know I'd be uber pissed if I spent 2000 fat ones on a bunch of shit games. The list doesn't look great to me in the least.

"Brother could you spare a dime, err 10,000 dimes, err make that 20,000."

Start saving for your Bundle, a dime at a time!

Gotta have a Fuego Faceplate, you know!

Reality's Fringe said:
The additional problem with the bundles is that the games/accessories might suck. I know I'd be uber pissed if I spent 2000 fat ones on a bunch of shit games. The list doesn't look great to me in the least.
Not to mention systems tend to come with lots of bugs when they first launch. This has been true for XBox, PSP, PS2, PS1, etc etc etc.

I was thinking of preordering but I'd rather wait like I always do.

Reality's Fringe said:

If there was a bundle with 4 games that I would want at launch I would go the bundle route, but right now the game I have interest in have not even been put into one of the smaller bundles.

[quote name='tayaf69'] Honestly, the launch games don't even look any better than the current xbox. The mainstream games won't be released until the PS3 launches anyways. I would love to wake up to 3 systems and a couple of games then 1 system with no games. [/QUOTE]
:roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote name='shrike4242']$1200 for a bundle? :shock:

Reminds me why I wanted to wait on this beastie.[/QUOTE]

Just when I mention that $1200 seemed out there, they toss out a bundle for $2K? They're all insane, they are. :roll:

Holy Sh*t, a $2000 bundle.......... does anyone else think that they are going too far with these bundles?........ I mean, I could pay rent, car payment, bills, and food for about 3 months with $2000........

I went to www.superbrewards.com and did 8 offers totaling less than $100.00 to (hopefully) get mine. They called a couple days ago to confirm my eligibility and see if I wanted a check for $399 or if I wanted to wait and they would ship one. I probably should have taken the check, but I said I'd wait. That way I shouldn't have to worry about being on a waiting list or the fact that $399 doesn't cover tax or gas $ to go get one.

[quote name='cruzincontrol']$2,000 damn dollars for a bundle....yea....ok....put me down for 3...not fucking happening..[/QUOTE]Only 1 bundle per customer, no hoarding! ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']Only 1 bundle per customer, no hoarding! ;)[/QUOTE]

yea cheapy right....like I'm all over that like flies to shit...ha...although I've read someone "allegedly" created a couple of different accounts to get multiples...
(not orgasms you dirty bastards, I mean xbox 360's)....

[quote name='ragtop70']I went to www.superbrewards.com and did 8 offers totaling less than $100.00 to (hopefully) get mine. They called a couple days ago to confirm my eligibility and see if I wanted a check for $399 or if I wanted to wait and they would ship one. I probably should have taken the check, but I said I'd wait. That way I shouldn't have to worry about being on a waiting list or the fact that $399 doesn't cover tax or gas $ to go get one.[/QUOTE]

Could you please give us CAGs some more details about what offers you submitted?
:pray: I will spend $100 to get a $400 Xbox 360.

Costco is now offering a preorder bundle deal. Deal of course is relative to that sweet $2K bundle we really should be buying.

http://www.costco.com/Common/Category.aspx?whse=BC&topnav=&cat=21682&hierPath=2805*&Browse=

I bought the $635 system, even with it's useless memory card. Costco's unlimited return period makes sense in case MS puts another funked up drive in the 360. Or a bad power supply. Or who knows what else...

Hopefully I'll be able to unload the unwanted games and useless crap on Ebay without losing too much. And there's always a chance that Costco's great return policy will let me exchange for games I actually want.

Here the breakdown of the deal, hopefully I got all the MSRPs right:

Xbox 360 System ($399.99)
Xbox 360 Game Console
Wireless Controller
Combination High-Definition Component and Standard A/V Cable
20GB Detachable Hard Drive
Ethernet Cable
Headset
Xbox Live Silver
Xbox Live Gold 30-Day Trial
$399 for above
$49.99 Extra Wireless Controller
$39.99 Memory Unit 64MB
$19.99 Plug & Charge Kit
$59.99 Call of Duty 2
$59.99 Madden NFL 2006
$49.99 Project Gotham Racing 3
-------
$679.93 MSRP for $635.99

The useless memory card is free and then a whopping $3.95 discount!

Sam Goody stores are also doing preorders for the system only and they require a $50 deposit.

I went to the Sam Goody store in South Plainfield NJ yesterday and they already have around 20 preorders.

You may want to try a Sam Goody in a more secluded location as this is not advertised and I got both my original XBOX and Gamecube preorders through Sam Goody with no problems.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Holy Sh*t, a $2000 bundle.......... does anyone else think that they are going too far with these bundles?........ I mean, I could pay rent, car payment, bills, and food for about 3 months with $2000........[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bundles are BS. If you save more money the more you spend, that would be one thing, but for $2000, you get....

...$2000 worth of stuff. Much of which you you wouldn't even want. Thanks for doing all the work for me so I don't have to hunt all those awesome games down in the vastness of your site, EB! NOT!

i had preordered a while back, i just called ebgames to see whats up. he said that all the people that preordered previously were all switched into the $399 sku, and that people wont be forced into having to buy any set amount of games.

so if you pre-ordered from eb ahead of time, you can go in and get your system for 400 bucks on release day.

and to think that all these people are already dropping all this cash....and to know from history that the first shipments of systems are always rushed and usually have some critical problem with them. tsk tsk.

I'm waiting about a year, once they start shipping the system, with it's kinks worked out, for cheaper :)

bread's done
Back