Xbox 360 Preorders (Amazon/TRU, Costco, EB, GameRush, GameStop, Ritz, Sams, Walmart)

If they're gonna make you buy 20 games they should knock a considerable amount off the price. Nobody in their right mind would buy the Omega bundle. It would have to come with an exclusive 360 limited to a hundred pieces or something for it to even begin to look interesting.

It's probably like whoever said above it's just to make people think $600 is the greatest bargain in the world.

Sent Gamestop an email about their "This bundle offer is only available on Gamestop.com" statement.

No, this bundle offer is available at any other retail stores giving their consumer base the shaft....or any store you buy the exact same items for the same price.
You retail stores are getting out of hand with your bundles on consoles. Even with the smallest one available, you are forcing people to buy alot more than they would ordinarily. Why not offer a system and 1 game bundle or two game bundle....why not allow a choice? You people don't even allow choice of games.
Give me the same line about how scarce inventory will be, and I'll tell you how scarce my inventory of cash is and how I can't afford to be gouged.

Bah, all the B&M stores in the immediate area have told me that they've fill up their pre-orders for their first shipment of 360, and if I were to pre-order now, it'd be for the second shipment about a week later. fuck that, looks like I'll be waiting in line outside TRU again like I did for Gamecube.

[quote name='spmahn']Bah, all the B&M stores in the immediate area have told me that they've fill up their pre-orders for their first shipment of 360, and if I were to pre-order now, it'd be for the second shipment about a week later. fuck that, looks like I'll be waiting in line outside TRU again like I did for Gamecube.[/QUOTE]

Don't buy into the pre-order trick-- I bet you could waltz right in to a Wal Mart and snag one on launch day.

Hey, I just put in my deposit at GameRush for my 360 PreOrder yesterday. First one on the list...I think.

Here's the deal, the guys at my GameRush were pretty clueless on how to deal with this.

First, I stopped in on Thursday and the guy showed me the information sheet they received which basically said they'd get more information "tomorrow." So, they wouldn't let me place a preorder.

On Friday, I came back and spoke with the same guy. Again, they weren't sure how to proceed, so he asked the shift manager. While he went to go talk with him, I read through the new information sheet. Some points of interest:

- GameRush is supposed to ONLY take pre-orders for the Premium edition. They will not be offering the Core system.

- As we knew, it said that there were 10 units per store. It specifically states that only stores with fewer than 10 pre-orders AFTER EMPLOYEE PREORDERS can offer them.

- They are supposed to have all sorts of pictures of various games and accessories for the customer to look through while they wait in an effort to "upsell" anyone who preorders.

Anyway, in the end, he said he wasn't sure, I pointed out the SKU number in their info sheet, so he agreed to let me put my $100 deposit down. So, he started a list and put me as #1. :) Of course, I wasn't exactly filled with confidence that this was the actual list...but I'll trust them.

Man...over the last several weeks it's like Microsoft is TRYING to get me to buy a different system - and this comes from someone firmly (at the moment) in the XBox 360 corner.

I know the bundle thing isn't MS' fault exactly, but this still leaves a bad taste. I dunno. Like I said before, history dictated a price drop will show up within 6 months. I can wait...I can easily wait.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Man...over the last several weeks it's like Microsoft is TRYING to get me to buy a different system - and this comes from someone firmly (at the moment) in the XBox 360 corner.

I know the bundle thing isn't MS' fault exactly, but this still leaves a bad taste. I dunno. Like I said before, history dictated a price drop will show up within 6 months. I can wait...I can easily wait.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I don't blame MS at all. The retailers ALWAYS do this. They know initial orders always sell out, so they milk it. As for the price of the system, even the loaded one costs no more than a Saturn, and I'd be pretty dumb not to notice that there's been some inflation since then. Yes, the Saturn was expensive at first, but you could have waited then and you can still wait now for price drops.

Just look at gas prices. Those are far scarier than the 360's price.

My guess is the PS2 launch is fresh enough in peoples' minds to go for the bundle rather than possibly getting shut out on launch day or for months afterwards.

[quote name='ddhex27']i had preordered a while back, i just called ebgames to see whats up. he said that all the people that preordered previously were all switched into the $399 sku, and that people wont be forced into having to buy any set amount of games.

so if you pre-ordered from eb ahead of time, you can go in and get your system for 400 bucks on release day.[/QUOTE]

wow, what a deal

I'm telling you.......... the days of game suystems being sold out are over.......... people just can't afford $400 for a game systemt with no games.........it at least cost about $500 to get the Xbox 360 uit and a game and then tax

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I'm telling you.......... the days of game suystems being sold out are over.......... people just can't afford $400 for a game systemt with no games.........it at least cost about $500 to get the Xbox 360 uit and a game and then tax[/QUOTE]

You are so right. $399 is so much more then $334 five years ago for a PS2 and a memory card :roll:

What cost $334 in 2000 would cost $370.92 in 2005. On top of that we get a wireless controller, 20 GB HDD (not 8 MB), HD cables and a remote.

In 2000 @ PS2 $299 launch if I bought a remote $20, S-Video cables $40 and memory card $35, I would have spent $394. (I bought all but the remote that I bought 6 months later.) I am sure I am not the only one that bought all this.

What cost $394 in 2000 would cost $437.55 in 2005.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/

[quote name='bsesb2003']My guess is the PS2 launch is fresh enough in peoples' minds to go for the bundle rather than possibly getting shut out on launch day or for months afterwards.[/QUOTE]

id rather wait for games to drop before i get the system.. and i have a huge back log of games i want to play especially on the xbox before i jump next gen. i'll wait a year maybe a year and a half before i bite.

I now have Xbox 360 (premium) + Quake IV, PGR3, Madden 2006 preordered in full at EB. The weird thing was, the EB clerk said he wasn't even sure if Quake IV was going to make launch. He told me to hold onto my receipt just in-case I wanted to change it to somthing else later.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Holy Sh*t, a $2000 bundle.......... does anyone else think that they are going too far with these bundles?........ I mean, I could pay rent, car payment, bills, and food for about 3 months with $2000........[/QUOTE]

Uh, where the hell are you living? That's one month of all those things for me.

[quote name='howlinmad']Sent Gamestop an email about their "This bundle offer is only available on Gamestop.com" statement.

No, this bundle offer is available at any other retail stores giving their consumer base the shaft....or any store you buy the exact same items for the same price.
You retail stores are getting out of hand with your bundles on consoles. Even with the smallest one available, you are forcing people to buy alot more than they would ordinarily. Why not offer a system and 1 game bundle or two game bundle....why not allow a choice? You people don't even allow choice of games.
Give me the same line about how scarce inventory will be, and I'll tell you how scarce my inventory of cash is and how I can't afford to be gouged.[/QUOTE]

you must also realize no one is forcing you to get a 360 on launch day..

[quote name='Fount']Uh, where the hell are you living? That's one month of all those things for me.[/QUOTE]

well, not all of us can be high rollers

[quote name='spoo']You are so right. $399 is so much more then $334 five years ago for a PS2 and a memory card :roll:

What cost $334 in 2000 would cost $370.92 in 2005. On top of that we get a wireless controller, 20 GB HDD (not 8 MB), HD cables and a remote.

In 2000 @ PS2 $299 launch if I bought a remote $20, S-Video cables $40 and memory card $35, I would have spent $394. (I bought all but the remote that I bought 6 months later.) I am sure I am not the only one that bought all this.

What cost $394 in 2000 would cost $437.55 in 2005.

http://www.westegg.com/inflation/[/QUOTE]

get a life man...

[quote name='bostonfrontier']get a life man...[/QUOTE]
You must be missing my point. I will spell it out for you.
If you are like me and must have the first next generation console you will pay the price and the price is not more or much more then it has been in years past.

Early adapters like myself don't think the 360 price is outrageous. We have been paying these prices for years. We are not naive and we know that the price will drop. Today I could buy a PS2, memory card, remote and good cables (S-Video or Component) for $214, much less then we paid for at launch. On top of that we could get the stuff cheaper on sale and tons of good games for $10 - $20. That is the price we pay to have it first. Do I ever regret it? Hell no!

Spoo is right, the consumer isn't getting "screwed" by the price of the 360 any more than they have for any other console launch. The PSX launched at $300, Saturn at $400, and people still bought them even though they came with virtually nothing but the system and a controller. The price of the 360 will not deter people from buying it, even if they can't afford it. Don't forget a lot of Americans are living in credit card debt, even if they can't afford it they will still get it one way or another. People have been paying between $300-500 for various incarnations of the Ipod, and while it is nice it is just an mp3 player. What makes anyone think that the 360 will be any different? I actually expected it to launch at $400 for something more like the core pack, so it's actually not that bad that they are including a lot of things that should be included with a system, like the DVD remote and headset and HD cables.

If you want prices to complain about, look at the XBox 360's accessories. Those prices are quite stiff. $20 for a faceplate and $100 for a 20 GB hard drive? And if my friends want to play my 360, they can buy their own damn controller because I'm not shelling out $30-40 for a second one.

OMFG THAT"S IS SO OUTRAGEREOUS!!!! $1,200!!! FOR 11 GAMES, A $400 SYTSEM AND VARIOUS OTHER STUFF!!!! fucking RIPOFF!!! NOW I'M BOYCOTTING MICRORIPROFF FOREVER!!!! NO, I'LL NEVER BUY A GAME VER AGAN!!!1!1!!!!11!

Oh wait, silly me, it's a somewhat good deal for those off us who want more than 2-3 games at launch, silly me :razz:

[quote name='bostonfrontier']I'm telling you.......... the days of game suystems being sold out are over.......... people just can't afford $400 for a game systemt with no games.........it at least cost about $500 to get the Xbox 360 uit and a game and then tax[/QUOTE]

It's not about the money, the PS2 launch was screwed up from the start, sony had manufacturing problems and there was a mass shortage of systems, combine that with consumer hysteri and *poof* HYPE. The PS2 wasn't the biggest launch in history, hell it was trumped by many other systems, it was a simple mistake that the PS2 launch got as over hyped as it did.

As for the 360 in general, I threw down $70 on it and I don't regret it. On launch I'll be getting the premium setup, a controller and at least 1 game. I will because I can, that's all. If you have a problem buying a system for less than what it costs M$ to make it, then that's your problem, but cut all the bitching. You're not a gamer, so it's not like your life will end if you don't get a 360.

I'll bet the online retailers have allotted a specific amount of 360s for each bundle. As the cheaper (relatively speaking) ones sell out and the holidays get nearer, people will get desperate and buy the higher-priced ones, eventually being given no choice but to get the highEST-priced one. Trust me, SOMEONE out there has the cash, the credit, or at least the uncontrollable urge to make that investment. And besides, I foresee the $399.99 version of the console going for upwards of $600-$800 this December on eBay. No, really. It's going to be the 'must-have' item. (I think people, on the whole, can justify a $400 'cutting-edge' console over a $250 handheld, regardless of how versatile it is) It may not be as bad as the PS2 shortage of Holiday 2000, but it WILL be sold out at retail/gaming stores straight through Christmas for those who a.) didn't preorder it well in advance or b.) are willing to get up hours before dawn to wait outside a Best Buy or Target on the RIGHT DAY. Having said that, for those people contemplating an eBay mugging for the console a la carte, the $800-$1,200 bundles don't look as bad, do they?

Chalk up another vote here in support of "Spoo" and others who believe that people will quickly get over the $399.99 price point. Given the influence of inflation, it's right about where a gaming system with power proportional to others at their time of launch should be. (God, that sounded like Architect-speak)

And just to reiterate, if you have yours preordered (w/deposit) at a "B&M"/local Gamestop (man, I just can't keep up with the Internet abbreviation curve!), you DON'T have to buy a bundle. Although the "X-Files" fan in me is still waiting for the voice mail or email that changes that in the eleventh hour, so to speak. I won't be totatlly at ease until I have the console and two games OF MY CHOICE in my hands this November.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']It's not about the money, the PS2 launch was screwed up from the start, sony had manufacturing problems and there was a mass shortage of systems, combine that with consumer hysteri and *poof* HYPE. The PS2 wasn't the biggest launch in history, hell it was trumped by many other systems, it was a simple mistake that the PS2 launch got as over hyped as it did.

As for the 360 in general, I threw down $70 on it and I don't regret it. On launch I'll be getting the premium setup, a controller and at least 1 game. I will because I can, that's all. If you have a problem buying a system for less than what it costs M$ to make it, then that's your problem, but cut all the bitching. You're not a gamer, so it's not like your life will end if you don't get a 360.[/QUOTE]

ok, Mr movie usher

Oooh...the OMEGA BUNDLE! $1,999.69

This bundle offer is only available on Gamestop.com

This Xbox 360 Ultimate Bundle includes the following items:

1. Xbox 360 System
2. Perfect Dark Collector's Edition
3. Project Gotham Racing 3
4. Kameo: Elements of Power
5. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
6. Dead or Alive 4
7. Call of Duty 2
8. GUN
9. Quake 4
10. Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
11. Condemned
12. Madden NFL 06
13. Amped 3
14. Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
15. NBA 2K6
16. NHL 2K6
17. Top Spin 2
18. Ridge Racer 6
19. Need For Speed: Most Wanted
20. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06
21. Frame City Killer
22. 3 Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers
23. Xbox 360 64 MB Memory Unit
24. Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit
25. Xbox 360 Rechargeable Battery
26. Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter
27. Fuego Faceplate
28. Xbox Live 12 Month Card
29. 1 Year Product Replacement Plan

So the real question is...

is anyone actually THINKING bout getting the Omega bundle? or better yet, do you have a closet fortune and have actually pre-ordered this utterly insane bundle?

no, the real question is will there be a more expensive bundle offered? A $4000 bundle? a $5000 bundle............ oooo I know, how about a nice trade in deal........ trade in your car for a Xbox 360 bundle...... or trade in your left nut for an Xbox 360 bundle

[quote name='brainstorm']So the real question is...

is anyone actually THINKING bout getting the Omega bundle? or better yet, do you have a closet fortune and have actually pre-ordered this utterly insane bundle?[/QUOTE]

I can't really imagine anyone wanting that... I mean, there's so many games coming out at launch that you know will end up being bad that it makes no sense. At the absolute most, I personally would get the Silver Bundle just because it comes with 5 games and I can get rid of the games I don't want later.

[quote name='urzishra14']you must also realize no one is forcing you to get a 360 on launch day..[/QUOTE]

My biggest problem is pretty much summed up in this "GameStop.com reserves the right to substitute any given game in a bundle if that game becomes unavailable at launch. If this occurs, you will be notified and given the option of canceling your order before launch."
So if I want or do not want the games listed, I get what I am told I should have.

And no, no one is forcing me, your attitude is correct. Point is, it's wrong. The same type of wrong that we are paying for gas prices at this moment.

If I wanted to wait a year like you stated, I would still call BS.

PS2 units were 500K at launch, 1.3 million units by the end of December and 3 million units by the end of March. When did the PS2 shortage end? March, right?

Xbox plans to sell 10 million units within the first 12-16 months of launch.

Assuming the 360 has been in production for only the last 6 months. That assumes 3/11-1/3 units will be available for purchase at launch.

That's 2.7-3.3 million units available for purchase at launch, but it's across 3 continents.

Assuming equal distribution of consoles between all 3 continents, there will be 0.9 million - 1.1 million units available in the US and Canada (America Jr.).

I can't say if all of this will translate into the buying frenzy on eBay for the PS2 several Christmasses ago, but there won't be the glut there was at the PSP launch.

[quote name='crewj']not trying to thread crap... but, i'm sure these won't be selling out. just like the psp, you'll be able to walk into a store and pick one up.

these things are just getting too expensive for just the average family to walk-in and just buy one. think of it too, with gas prices going up and spending 400 for a christmas gift? that's almost someone's entire christmas spending budget.[/QUOTE]

Thus the cheaper $300 model.

[quote name='spoo']Could you please give us CAGs some more details about what offers you submitted?
:pray: I will spend $100 to get a $400 Xbox 360.[/QUOTE]

I did:
Page One Offers
Curb Your Cravings Weight Loss Patches $5.95
Miracle Burn Fat Burner $5.95

Page Two Offers
Blockbuster Online DVD Rental $9.99
Match.com Online Dating $5.95

Page Three Offers
Citi Premier Pass Credit Card $0.00
Discover Card (must use once) $0.00
Ebay Credit Card (MBNA Mastercard) $0.00
Longevity Anti-Aging Vitamins $55.00 This price is approximate because I can't find the receipt.

Sure I've got a couple credit cards to cancel, but I may keep the Discover for a while. It has 0% interest for 1 year. Also, I got an email stating $5 had been deposited into my PayPal account by MBNA (the Ebay card). I checked and it's in there. So I'm spending about $78 for an Xbox 360 ($399 version) supposing that I do get it.

I've got so many unplayed games on my Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube thanks to CAG that I'll just take my time playing them all to completion and then I'll worry about getting the 360. By that time there should be some greatest hits titles and the price of the system should drop.

[quote name='chris mrozek']I've got so many unplayed games on my Xbox, PS2, and Gamecube thanks to CAG that I'll just take my time playing them all to completion and then I'll worry about getting the 360. By that time there should be some greatest hits titles and the price of the system should drop.[/QUOTE]

I agree, I have so many games I haven't even touched that I would probably be busy with current gen games til the Xbox 720 and PS4 comes out

[quote name='ragtop70']I did:
Page One Offers
Curb Your Cravings Weight Loss Patches $5.95
Miracle Burn Fat Burner $5.95

Page Two Offers
Blockbuster Online DVD Rental $9.99
Match.com Online Dating $5.95

Page Three Offers
Citi Premier Pass Credit Card $0.00
Discover Card (must use once) $0.00
Ebay Credit Card (MBNA Mastercard) $0.00
Longevity Anti-Aging Vitamins $55.00 This price is approximate because I can't find the receipt.

Sure I've got a couple credit cards to cancel, but I may keep the Discover for a while. It has 0% interest for 1 year. Also, I got an email stating $5 had been deposited into my PayPal account by MBNA (the Ebay card). I checked and it's in there. So I'm spending about $78 for an Xbox 360 ($399 version) supposing that I do get it.[/QUOTE]

Too bad your credit history report takes a hit with op[ening all those credit cards in such a short period of time

man, the bigegst things out there rightnow are the expensive new game systems and the high price of gas........... I'd say one or the other.......CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!!

I hated getting all the credit cards, but credit rating isn't a problem for me right now. I've already got a house and automobiles (they won't need replacing, Lord willing) and I won't be asking for a loan. I will be cancelling two of the cards immediately and the other within a year. I only have one credit card that I use and I've had it for some time now.
If you don't want the credit cards, you can have DirecTV installed and agree to a contract, get all natural male sexual enhancement (not necessary here as my hand never complains) or get a dental insurance plan that will run at least $100.

What's the best place to preorder the 360? Sadly, most local places are out, and ebgames $699 bundle seems like the best one...

[quote name='gxbry']What's the best place to preorder the 360? Sadly, most local places are out, and ebgames $699 bundle seems like the best one...[/QUOTE]

Go for this one.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=234417&path=0:2636:233481:234417
$619.32

The Pro Bundle includes:

Xbox 360 Premium System
Live 12 Month Gold Card
Wireless Controller
Play and Charge Kit

And a choice of any TWO of the launch games add $10 for non microsoft titles. Also it states if the game is not released at the same time as the console they will ship it to you when it is released none of that we will just send you random game BS.

Think it is kinda weird that Walmart has Halo 3 as one of the games you can pick from. :whistle2:k

Wonder if they remember to send it to you when it finally comes out?

[quote name='Dogpatch']Think it is kinda weird that Walmart has Halo 3 as one of the games you can pick from. :whistle2:k

Wonder if they remember to send it to you when it finally comes out?[/QUOTE]I think that is actually a good reason to order from Walmart (if you are going to get Halo 3 anyway). This $53 in tax is basically what is keeping me from ordering this right now.

[quote name='CheapyD']I think that is actually a good reason to order from Walmart (if you are going to get Halo 3 anyway). This $53 in tax is basically what is keeping me from ordering this right now.[/QUOTE]

That's one thing that I love and hate about WalMart. They may have cheaper prices, though since they're everywhere except on the lunar surface, they charge tax and that ends up ruining it sometimes.

Nice to see that they'll stick to shipping the games asked for, not this substitution crap.

2 of Walmart's 3 bundles are with the Core system. Someone needs to tell them they've got it a little backwards.

[quote name='mkelehan']2 of Walmart's 3 bundles are with the Core system. Someone needs to tell them they've got it a little backwards.[/QUOTE]You can be sure those $299.99 Core Systems are made with Walmart in mind.

bread's done
Back