Xbox 360 Pro - $299.99 (Deal is now Active)

Z(+)DIAC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Hello fellow CAGs,

Just letting you know that it seems Target has gone ahead and decided to officially lower the price of the 360 pro to $299.99. Mind you, this has been talked up and down for awhile now, and obviously no official word from MS on the ordeal.

Looks like you can only get them via B&M, but there is a inventory search for your local Targets located on the webpage.

http://www.target.com/Xbox-360-Pro-...e=UTF8&node=165097011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

It's still $349.99 in Hillbilly City, Tennessee. Calling everywhere, and the scans are coming up, "Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

[quote name='screwkick']print out the target page with the price...they should honor it in stores.[/QUOTE]

I'll give it a try, but I've been around long enough to know that such things do not work as often as you think.

[quote name='C_A']I'll give it a try, but I've been around long enough to know that such things do not work as often as you think.[/quote]

Target can be hit or miss when PM'ing to their online pricing. I'm not sure why this is, but they are one of weak companies to do this.

I know for a fact you could print out a copy and PM it to Sears (that is if you don't want the GC next week). They also do 110% PM, so that'll knock off a few dollars.

[quote name='addicted2games']I am waiting for the Jasper units.[/quote]

Ditto. Hopefully the new 60GB isn't a rumor and they have the Jasper chip sets. Falcons are still a bunch of duds.

Does this include the gift card as well, or am I still going to have to wait until Sunday for that?

Nice deal, why not just buy it at a diff store, and get it PM'ed by 10% before the drop is universal... you'd walk away with it for under $300 w/tax.

[quote name='tianxia']Does this include the gift card as well, or am I still going to have to wait until Sunday for that?[/quote]

You more than likely will have to wait until Sunday. If you can't like I said, go to your local Sears and have them PM it. Knock 10% off the price as they do 110% PM

Probably going to wait for the 60gig version also. Anybody have any guesses as to whether it will be $299 when released or if they'll release it at about $349?

[quote name='TheEyecon']nice price for the system, but then you get the RRoD in 3 months or so.[/quote]

That is why Microsoft gives you 3 warranty where they will repair it for free (you don't even pay shipping! and you get a free month of live)

Can't say I'm happy about this. I waited for 3 years for a freaking price drop, finally got my Xbox last May and this crap happens

[quote name='oasisboy']That is why Microsoft gives you 3 warranty where they will repair it for free (you don't even pay shipping! and you get a free month of live)[/quote]

Yeah, an extra 40GB of space which I'm not going to use and a decreased chance of a system failure which is covered by warranty anyway doesn't seem worth the extra $75.

[quote name='tianxia']Yeah, an extra 40GB of space which I'm not going to use and a decreased chance of a system failure which is covered by warranty anyway doesn't seem worth the extra $75.[/quote]

...Jesus christ. So now there might be a new 360 coming out that could be $300 with 40 extra gigs AND a decreased chance of RRoD? Sheesh. Looks like there won't be any sort of instant gratification for me any time soon. ;\

[quote name='tianxia']Yeah, an extra 40GB of space which I'm not going to use and a decreased chance of a system failure which is covered by warranty anyway doesn't seem worth the extra $75.[/quote]

So then why dont you just buy the cheaper 20gig version? :roll:

There's no solid information on new motherboards. They will definately come out sometime, and may possibly be more reliable.

If you are gonna buy, buy when you get a deal and you have a lot of free time to play the games.

[quote name='TheEyecon']nice price for the system, but then you get the RRoD in 3 months or so.[/QUOTE]

The Falcon's don't seem to be THAT bad. Last I heard they had a 16% failure rate, which is outragous, but WAY better than the earlier models (and probably only a few times higher than the other systems).

[quote name='addicted2games']I am waiting for the Jasper units.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Frogurt.man']Ditto. Hopefully the new 60GB isn't a rumor and they have the Jasper chip sets. Falcons are still a bunch of duds.[/QUOTE]

If there is a 60GB unit, bear in mind that that may have NOTHING to do with Jasper.

Also bear in mind that all Jasper does is give a second die shrink to the GPU-it's already been shrunk once in Falcon (this is often misreported).

I never followed what chips are in what 360 but I'm still on my 360 I got about 8 months after launch with no problems.

Hell I still have a launch PS2. Only problem is it doesn't read blue games like Taito Drum Master and Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

If the new 60gb is coming out soon and is being priced at 299.99, why wouldn't MS lower the 20gbs to 249.99 or something?

That seems like quite the rip off, to have a 20GB at 299.99, and then release a 60GB a few months later for the same price. You might as well wait.

[quote name='oasisboy']That is why Microsoft gives you 3 warranty where they will repair it for free (you don't even pay shipping! and you get a free month of live)[/quote]

Not for nothing, but you seem awfully excited about services that Microsoft essentially had no choice but to offer. They released faulty hardware, so extending the warranty was a necessity. And considering that you lose your system for between 2 and 3 weeks, the free month of Live is a no-brainer.

Rumor is that the 60GB will be $349 like the "old" 20GB. Will likely find out on Monday during MS press conference at E3.

[quote name='summer_star17x']If the new 60gb is coming out soon and is being priced at 299.99, why wouldn't MS lower the 20gbs to 249.99 or something?

That seems like quite the rip off, to have a 20GB at 299.99, and then release a 60GB a few months later for the same price. You might as well wait.[/quote]

because 60's WON'T be $300, they'll replace the 20GB's $350 price point, consider it a firesale, like sony did with their originl PS3 models. They'll most likely be Jaspers as well, since they've been rumored to surface in august and MS will probably use their 60GB's to roll out the Jaspers...I can't wait to buy a 60GB HDD, out of room on my 20...

60 gb hd would be nice, and if i could for sure get the newer (die shrunk) gpu, id probably pick one up and off my current 360 on ebay or craigslist, but i think i will wait for another 6 mo or so until I know for sure that i'd get a Jasper. That die shrink will (hopefully) eliminate the RRoD. Not that my current system has any problems, but i just think it is a time bomb waiting to explode.

[quote name='oasisboy']So then why dont you just buy the cheaper 20gig version? :roll:[/quote]

That was kind of the point.

But yeah, let's also not forget the fact that the 20GB is available NOW (as in summer, where the most you're really doing is working a day job, at best) as opposed to a few months down the line, where you'll probably be swamped with thesis work and the like (assuming you are in fact a college student).

The new units will no longer have RRoD when Jesus decides to visit us this year. IE It's not happening. Wait for the next "XBox" for new problems that won't be the RRoD but will still have problems. The first XBox would catch on fire (atleast the launch units) if they ran over 24 hours straight.

Get a grip guys. If your too worried about the RRoD then don't even bother purchasing one. Microsoft covers you for three years at no cost, after that your fucked. Every system has problems, and guess what? Wii's have overheating problems to, and some people actually report (although rare) *GASP* problems with their PS3! You know what? Maybe you shouldn't cross the streets, because you might actually get hit by a drunk driver! Did you know the sky was blue???

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The new units will no longer have RRoD when Jesus decides to visit us this year. IE It's not happening. Wait for the next "XBox" for new problems that won't be the RRoD but will still have problems. The first XBox would catch on fire (atleast the launch units) if they ran over 24 hours straight.

Get a grip guys. If your too worried about the RRoD then don't even bother purchasing one. Microsoft covers you for three years at no cost, after that your fucked. Every system has problems, and guess what? Wii's have overheating problems to, and some people actually report (although rare) *GASP* problems with their PS3! You know what? Maybe you shouldn't cross the streets, because you might actually get hit by a drunk driver! Did you know the sky was blue???[/quote]

thank you. somebody had to say it.

[quote name='manthing']Premium's are still ringing up $350 in B&M locations[/quote]

Well the deal and price drop don't officially start until tomorrow. So.....

I just sent my Elite in for repair yesterday that got the red ring this week. Good luck to you guys that purchase one.

[quote name='bg2001']as soon as they build in wireless networking i'll pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

Your finger will probably fall off first.

I hope they never do. And regardless, if you want Wifi for some reason, just buy an Ethernet -> Wifi bridge.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I hope they never do. And regardless, if you want Wifi for some reason, just buy an Ethernet -> Wifi bridge.[/quote]

And add $50 on to the price. It's mind-boggling that the "elite" system doesn't include Wifi, but every Wii, PS3, DS, and PSP does.

And it's mind boggling to me that the Wii doesn't include Ethernet. I had to spend like $30 or something on that. I don't want it on my hardware, and don't want to spend money on it either :(

Besides, people have found cheaper bridges than that, though those may have been on sale.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']The new units will no longer have RRoD when Jesus decides to visit us this year. IE It's not happening. Wait for the next "XBox" for new problems that won't be the RRoD but will still have problems. The first XBox would catch on fire (atleast the launch units) if they ran over 24 hours straight.

Get a grip guys. If your too worried about the RRoD then don't even bother purchasing one. Microsoft covers you for three years at no cost, after that your fucked. Every system has problems, and guess what? Wii's have overheating problems to, and some people actually report (although rare) *GASP* problems with their PS3! You know what? Maybe you shouldn't cross the streets, because you might actually get hit by a drunk driver! Did you know the sky was blue???[/quote]

amen brotha!

That's not fair though because the 360's issues have been a lot worse than normal. Even Falcon was apparently at 16% failure rate earlier this year as per a Next Gen article. Mine's been fine so far though, and I'm hoping they'll just keep getting better.

bread's done
Back