XBOX 360 Pro with T Clancy End War for $258.99

I'd rather it be 200$ and not include those games.
I suppose END War is $60 by itself..... wish they'd let ya choose your own game.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I'd do it if it was a Jasper, but I think those bundles were Falcons.[/QUOTE]

They ran this deal last month as well, and slightly less than half of us that bought them got Jaspers. I think it ended up something like 8 Jaspers to 10 Falcons.

Dell.com is selling the Xbox 360 60 GB bundle with Tom Clancy's Endwar,Kung Fu Panda, and Lego Indiana Jones for 258.99 with free shipping (I think). Wow.:lol:

End War isn't really great tbh. Intuitive controls but the game as a whole is mediocre.

I ordered one (360 died and its 2 weeks off warranty... not even red ring)

I missed the part on how to save an additional 7% but using my paypal account allowed me to use a spare 40 dollars I'd left in there. So I feel like I saved a little.

I'll let you know what type of unit I get.

how can you tell if xbox has the jasper or the falcon chip? I just order one from dell because my xbox got the red ring today and my warranty expired. after 4yrs. it dies on me today. microsoft charges $99 to get it fixed. I decided to get a new one instead.

[quote name='aliberry5983']how do you get the 7% off ?[/quote]

Just click the link that Skoad posted instead of the one in the original post.
When you add it to your cart it will show the 7% discount.
It came out to $240.86 when I just checked. If you could get
some place to return the Endwar for cash or store credit then
you're looking at possibly a $180 Xbox 360 Pro.

This is really tempting. does anyone know how long this deal is going on?
I'm getting my tax refund in about a week and I was planning on getting a
new 360. I'm on my 5th replacement console from Microsoft due to RROD
and this one already locks up on me. They keep sending me crap refurbs.

The majority of the last thread received Jaspers for their Pro consoles but a few didn't.

Supposedly you can switch Falcons for Jaspers at a GameStop, but obviously this is YMMV and helps if you're friends with the staff. I haven't confirmed this myself and I don't know how they would exactly do it, but someone has proof in this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213909

Yea, I bought this bundle last week with the 7% off and also used a $100 dell e-giftcard that I bought from Ebay for $74. Received it the next day. Looked at my email this morning and Paypal refunded the $74 to my credit card! Apparently the guy was scamming people or something...

Dear xxxx,

As you know, we have been reviewing the following transaction. Our
investigation is now complete and we have reversed this transaction.

------------------------------
Transaction Details
------------------------------

Seller's name: xxx
Seller's email: xxx
Seller's transaction ID: xxx
Transaction date: Feb 4, 2009
Transaction amount: -$74.00 USD
Your transaction ID: xxx
eBay item number: xxx
Case number: xxx
We appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

PayPal Account Review Department

Checked my credit card and it shows the $74 was already refunded. So I got an XBOX 360 Pro Bundle/w Endwar for $160.73

[quote name='Cuksis']Yea, I bought this bundle last week with the 7% off and also used a $100 dell e-giftcard that I bought from Ebay for $74. Received it the next day. Looked at my email this morning and Paypal refunded the $74 to my credit card! Apparently the guy was scamming people or something...

Checked my credit card and it shows the $74 was already refunded. So I got an XBOX 360 Pro Bundle/w Endwar for $160.73
[/quote]

hmm i didnt get this and i also purchased this ecard from ebay, did your code actually work? if it did how was it a scam, i dont understand.

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']hmm i didnt get this and i also purchased this ecard from ebay, did your code actually work? if it did how was it a scam, i dont understand.[/quote]Stolen codes maybe?

Okay so I'm really torn about this deal. I really want to pull the trigger on it and pay around $235 with tax and using a $100 gift card bought for $75. However, I really do not want the three games that come with it. I looked into the trade-in values of the three games and they're not much at Gamestop. I would trade them at Blockbuster since the values are a little higher, but they'll only give me store credit, and the Blockbuster near me doesn't have any good games anymore. Do you guys have any suggestions on how I can trade these games and get enough money to buy some other game?

At this point, I don't really care whether or not I get a Jasper. I figured, what the hell, I have a 3 year warranty anyway.

don't pull it. price drop in a couple of months. big name retailers are throwing gift cards along with purchases like hot cakes.

to answer your question. ebay them? not sure what the kung fu panda's value is at this point. EndWar might fetch you 30 if you're lucky

Oh man, so tempted to pull the trigger. Was looking at Circuit City having 20% off ($239.99), but with the addition of End War, this could be a better deal. I dunno though...

[quote name='j0ey0ey']don't pull it. price drop in a couple of months. big name retailers are throwing gift cards along with purchases like hot cakes.

to answer your question. ebay them? not sure what the kung fu panda's value is at this point. EndWar might fetch you 30 if you're lucky[/quote]

I don't think I'll wait another 3 months for a $50 price drop. That's how much this deal costs right now anyway. Plus, it's all speculation. Granted a video game pundit made the prediction, it's still a rumor.

As to ebay, with the saturation of these games because of the bundles, there's no way I'll sell any of them.

Okay I caved in. I decided I'll just play the games and use the money I saved on this deal to get the other things (wireless adapter, xbox live gold, etc.) It came out to $237.23. Fingers crossed for a Jasper.

[quote name='rad.dreamer3kx']are these Jaspers, if not its a no go for me.[/quote]
Its luck of the draw. Me and my friend got Jaspers when they were doing this bundle a few weeks ago, but I have seen reports of people who dind't.

Wouldn't the games (at least Endwar) be sealed? Couldn't you just
"return" them to a store. I know that Best Buy will return sealed games
without a reciept for store credit. It's not cash but it's an option.

Dell would not let me cancel any of my orders even though it had not shipped yet. So it looks like I am getting 2 of these in tomorrow but I have to refuse the one that I got charged extra on.

They are how ever expected to come in tomorrow. I am greatly tempted to keep both especially since I canceled cable and stream HULU and Netflix to every TV in the house now. Saved me about 65 dollars a month on cable cost.

[quote name='Vlad Impaler7']Wouldn't the games (at least Endwar) be sealed? Couldn't you just
"return" them to a store. I know that Best Buy will return sealed games
without a reciept for store credit. It's not cash but it's an option.[/quote]
One, thats return fraud. Two, almost every store has gone to "No Receipt, no return" or even more strict.

Dell's shipping is absolutely insane. I placed the order yesterday afternoon, and the tracking info says that it's out for delivery today!! Then again, it came from two towns away.

[quote name='Drkirby']One, thats return fraud. Two, almost every store has gone to "No Receipt, no return" or even more strict.[/quote]

And yes, I will not resort to that. I might just keep the games anyway.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']that's a REALLY good deal. if i hadn't splurged on a new one last september i'd be all over this. Question: Is EndWar any good?[/quote]

That's exactly what I want to know. I hear the controls are innovative in that it's an RTS with voice commands. Sounds cool actually. CAGs, any other thoughts?

Yeah I think they're getting rid of the older stock now. So the people who jumped on this deal in January got the newer 360s that were on top of their stocks and we got the bottom ones which are older. Just speculating. hahahah

My question is this: Has anyone recently seen Clancy in anything (videos, tv, etc). I think he may have passed on several years ago. Thankfully?? the games live on.

He's still alive, he just hasn't written anything new since The Teeth of the Tiger (2003). Without Remorse was supposedly supposed to hit the big screens in 2008, but I don't know what happened to that.

[quote name='TrueBlueLS']I'd do it if it was a Jasper, but I think those bundles were Falcons.[/QUOTE]

Just ordered mine on Friday and it was a Jasper unit.

Two cents and out.

I just jumped on it. I'm tired of sending my xbox360 back to microsoft
(5 xboxes in 2 months). So I just bought a new one. Once I get this
newest refurbished one in, im going to sell it.

[quote name='BigFishCarl']I just jumped on it. I'm tired of sending my xbox360 back to microsoft
(5 xboxes in 2 months). So I just bought a new one. Once I get this
newest refurbished one in, im going to sell it.[/quote]You would think that you would stop buying them after what? 5 broken 360's in only 2 months!? Do you keep your 360 in an air tight box when it's on??

Ordered without checking the second link posted (extra 7%). I Fail. :cry:

Xbox is about a day away in transit. :bomb: But I'm not sweatin an extra $19` I had to pay that much. (Cause actually only used $250 of MY money)

Total Charges: $282.95 (TN tax :roll:)
Had I used extra 7%: $263.14

bread's done
Back